Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149747 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

By the book

Whitley City, KY

#88807 Oct 18, 2012
I wonder whos side I will fight on, in the wars in heaven.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88808 Oct 18, 2012
By the book wrote:
I wonder whos side I will fight on, in the wars in heaven.
If you switch to Wiccan you can be a conscientious objector.
By the book

Whitley City, KY

#88809 Oct 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you switch to Wiccan you can be a conscientious objector.
True, had not considered that, but do conscientious objectors get wings,, I want wings.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88810 Oct 18, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
Christians want an explanation for the Big Bang. Well, it's out there, do some reading. My position is I simply don't believe in a hate filled Grandpa in the sky, an all knowing deity who NEEDS me to bow down or he's not happy!!!
Also, Christians KEEP driving the abortion issue--CRAZY. Like I've said before, Christians are all for LIFE until the child is born...look up the stats on hungry/starving children in the U.S. and the world. Also, the Republicans have had the White House and both houses many times...why didn't they outlaw abortion? I'll tell you why--because without abortion, all Republicans are Democrats. They cannot afford to outlaw abortion and lose their wedge issue. Abortion will NEVER be made illegal, the Republicans won't allow it.
And doesn't one of your Commandments say, "Thou Shalt Not Kill." I find that interesting, considering the fact that the MAJORITY of people who support both wars we're currently in are Evangelical Christians. OH yeah, I forgot, THOSE people don't look like you or worship the 'RIGHT' God, so that's OK.
There is Proof of God out there too. You just have to look for it. God is the answer to the Big Bang. I supported the retaliation in Afghanistan after September 11th. But I did not support the Iraqi war. Being prior service myself however, I did support the troops in both conflicts.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88811 Oct 18, 2012
damn wrote:
<quoted text>
you are fool and I would hate to be you I feel sorry for ignorant people like you. Il pray for you tho il pray that you won't burn in hell for eternity because of your decision to mock god.
Lol, I mock christianity which includes you, I can not mock what is not real, like your god. Now that being said if your god was real, I would mock god and hide in the woods, as you know god can not see people when they hide in the trees.

genisis 3

8 And they heard the voice of the lord god walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the lord god amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the lord god called unto adam, and said unto him,

WHERE ART THOU?

Olly Olly oxen free.

Lmao, so much for all knowing.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88812 Oct 18, 2012
Creation wrote:
Alright Atheist, explain the Big Bang. How does something come from nothing?
Why would an atheist need to explain evolution? I'm an atheist and could care less about evolution, it is not required. But since you are a christian, explain how "poof the magic god" made something from nothing. Never mind, I already know, your god is not real and you are just delusional, isnt that right monkey unmensch?

“There is no god.”

USA

#88813 Oct 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so also... Of course I think some of the claims by the proponents of ancient aliens are bunk, not all but many.... Like claiming the stones at Pumapunku are made from diorite when they are actually not... And that copper chisels were pure copper when they were alloys which were much harder...
All I ever claim is that the technological ability of our ancestors was far greater than what our today's archeologists claim.. They absolutely had powered machine tool technologies that actually surpass our level today in many areas... And I think there is enough evidence to make a conclusions they had flight capability...
People always bring up why we don't find metal tools such as the steel and alloys but it's actually easy, take a look at the Titanic... It's been submerged for a very short time and it's already lost 50% of it's steel structure as it's converted to oxides... In a few 1000 years there will be no sign of it's existence.. And if the ocean levels increased by as much as 600 feet then we would expect that as much as 90% of the globes population centers would today be far out to sea and under 100's of feet of sediment .. Note that even Troy was covered by 10 feet of dirt and it's half as old as the period of the Ice age... Stones at Pumapunku are under 15 foot of dirt in many places.. And that's on dry land...
Then consider those places that would have been on high enough locations as to not be covered by sea rise would have had 1000's of years of humans picking them clean of every piece of metal, every trinket... And then reusing cut stones, striping structures and adding to structures..
Then after 1000's of years since the dark ages we just in the last few years are finding vast cities, structures and remains that have been overlooked... I would submit we have only scratched the surface of our true history and we will find many, many more now that we are finally figuring out were to actually look...
I agree, I think we have far more to learn.
hmm

Morehead, KY

#88814 Oct 18, 2012
Religion can be taught in school but it should not be taught as facts of history. It should be talked about in a historical way such as Christians did this and so on. Science is the more factual way to teach children about the creation of the universe. Otherwise you're teaching children what they should believe about as far as religions go and in America we have so many different religions that unless you're going to teach every single one in one class - it needs to be left out. People often think that Christianity is what should be taught - this creationism crap. That is what we have Sunday school and Church for. If you want to fill your child's head full of crap about what you believe in and what you think they should believe in - send them to your church... but leave it out of public school systems. They even have private religious schools - contemplate sending them there. I wouldn't mind either if it was even a elective class to learn about religions but do not think it okay AT ALL to teach it as fact. The thought of a child carrying the Bible as a textbook is revolting - the thought of teaching a child such nonsense would be like presenting Harry Potter books as facts - it's ridiculous. What you choose to teach your child/children privately is your own choice - but making kids of all walks of life learn "creationism" is not only crap it is rude and teaches children that there is only one way to think as far as how the universe and life were created. Science points to facts and theories where religion points to faith and theories. Personally I'd take facts over faith. Like I said before if you want your children reciting biblical scripture as opposed to Einstein - teach them that sh*t at home or church.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88815 Oct 18, 2012
Known fact wrote:
What is the soul? Genesis 2:7
Watch soul train, it might help.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88816 Oct 18, 2012
damn wrote:
You know I never thought I'd see the day that we would no longer say the pledge in schools or have prayer before sports games. I seriously can't believe what I'm reading on some of these posts. Do your research schools started going to shit when spanking stopped prayer stopped and it became an awful thing to say the name God unless it was in a cuss word. Wake the hell up America I'm not some religious nut but I believe there is a higher power and it certainly didn't seem to hurt anything when godly things were included in school. We can teach evolution but we can't teach creation??? Come on and to those suggesting that if we tech bible we have to teach the Koran??? Have you read that thing I doubt it "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve therefore strike off there heads and strike off every fingertip of them"and thats a direct quote you do t see that in the bible...
Great post!
These people are not just Clueless, they're Willfully Ignorant!
But Christ can/will forgive even that!
Amen!
hmm

Morehead, KY

#88817 Oct 18, 2012
One more thing - schools are paid for by the government and tax dollars. People from all walks of life in America pay taxes. To think that their children should be taught what you believe in as opposed to what they should individually believe in based on their religon is also ridiculous. Not everyone is religious or even Christian so it would be oppression of sorts to just teach that.

Also who honestly believes everything in the Bible? Jonah was swallowed by a whale and lived? Global flooding (explain how we have fresh water fish and salt water fish without evolution), Noag and his ark having two of EVERY animal, insect, and all the food they would need to survive a global flood, virgin conception, re-animated dead (Yes Jesus was a zombie), talking serpants that coerced Eve to eat forbidden fruit (did she try some psychodellics before talking to the serpant?), ect.

It IS a ridiculous as it sounds. Also putting belief in an unseen force that they can telepathically pray too and apologize for sinning against in hopes of eternal life in a place we can not confirm to exist. Wow even typing it out it sounds more ridiculous.

Also to teach the facts you would have to explain that before Christianity and God, Jesus, ect. you would have to explain how several religions had the same stories before the writing of the Bible.

Ontop of all that explain the dinosaurs and why we have no fossils of man from that time. Facts do not lie. Again having said all this there is a time and place to fill your kid's head full of such nonsense - is called the tax free church. Enjoy the fact that is tax free and that your can let your children speak in tongues and handle snakes on your own time - not in a tax paid for school for everyone...

'Nuff said.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88818 Oct 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That was 6000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built..... And now that that some folks have figured out where to look cities are popping up every few months... In the last few years we have found 8 sunken cities out in the oceans up to 400 feet deep... The geological evidence dates the walls cut around the Spinx at around 12,000 BC..
Hahaha...
Q: If the flood actually occured...
Could that lil event have skewed your data?
The earth is not a cleanroom lab, so how could you tell
your data is pure?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88819 Oct 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That was 6000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built..... And now that that some folks have figured out where to look cities are popping up every few months... In the last few years we have found 8 sunken cities out in the oceans up to 400 feet deep... The geological evidence dates the walls cut around the Spinx at around 12,000 BC..
BTW
This Dr. Grady McMurtry is awesome!
http://www.creationworldview.org/

“There is no god.”

USA

#88820 Oct 18, 2012
hmm wrote:
One more thing - schools are paid for by the government and tax dollars. People from all walks of life in America pay taxes. To think that their children should be taught what you believe in as opposed to what they should individually believe in based on their religon is also ridiculous. Not everyone is religious or even Christian so it would be oppression of sorts to just teach that.
Also who honestly believes everything in the Bible? Jonah was swallowed by a whale and lived? Global flooding (explain how we have fresh water fish and salt water fish without evolution), Noag and his ark having two of EVERY animal, insect, and all the food they would need to survive a global flood, virgin conception, re-animated dead (Yes Jesus was a zombie), talking serpants that coerced Eve to eat forbidden fruit (did she try some psychodellics before talking to the serpant?), ect.
It IS a ridiculous as it sounds. Also putting belief in an unseen force that they can telepathically pray too and apologize for sinning against in hopes of eternal life in a place we can not confirm to exist. Wow even typing it out it sounds more ridiculous.
Also to teach the facts you would have to explain that before Christianity and God, Jesus, ect. you would have to explain how several religions had the same stories before the writing of the Bible.
Ontop of all that explain the dinosaurs and why we have no fossils of man from that time. Facts do not lie. Again having said all this there is a time and place to fill your kid's head full of such nonsense - is called the tax free church. Enjoy the fact that is tax free and that your can let your children speak in tongues and handle snakes on your own time - not in a tax paid for school for everyone...
'Nuff said.
Good post.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88821 Oct 18, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
What you speak of is conscience, perhaps finding inner peace and not anything to do with god speaking. god supposidly "spoke", commanded people in the old testament to do things,, I have never heard of anyone hearing, gods voice. Good, bad, that is in the person,,the most morally correct person I ever met was an atheist. She would drive twenty miles to give back an item in a grocery store that skipped getting rung up, lying and bad deeds were not a thought in her mind, but she knew beyond doubt, god does not exist.
Whatever you WANT to believe...
I know He is real, and...
He Loves even me!
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88822 Oct 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Why would an atheist need to explain evolution? I'm an atheist and could care less about evolution, it is not required. But since you are a christian, explain how "poof the magic god" made something from nothing. Never mind, I already know, your god is not real and you are just delusional, isnt that right monkey unmensch?
You may think I am delusional but that is because you are ignorant.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88823 Oct 18, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost my adult child and the pain of this cannot be imagined until it happens to you. I was a father who raised a son that meant something to the world, he saved many lives, whos friends told me he called me his best friend. Things do not get better sometimes and lying to them or yourself does not help. But we are people and according to some god's creations, this same god cannot be denied killed thousands of father's sons, babies, women. Their bible tells them this clearly, as well as this gods "regreted" making us in the first place. So I will take a fathers care for his son any day, over a murderous god regreting my creation in the first place. A parents love is real.
Sorry about your loss!
Death is but a doorway, and we ALL pass though it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88824 Oct 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans didn't seem to be flat earthers until the middle ages"
And they are still here....
AKA "Dark ages"

“There is no god.”

USA

#88825 Oct 18, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think I am delusional but that is because you are ignorant.
I'm sorry you can not comprehend the written word, I did not say think, I said you are (as in I know), hell you believe in mythical beings, de-lu-sion-al re-li-gious N-U-T, did you get that monkey unmensch?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88826 Oct 18, 2012
TARD in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>So chester, if your wife is on her knees doing some guy for "church" money, do you just watch or do you hold the bag?
Every nasty post you make...
Proves my point!
Nasty, nasty, nasty!
Could I expect less?
Not from Grammy's Snookums!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ppl going crazy over a cup 5 hr One opinion 10
The Jackaons What Is Going On With Them 10 hr Jason 12
Who is the biggest cheese eaters in Clay Co? (Jun '09) 12 hr UHOH 24
Tim Lawson 16 hr i know 3
Brittany harrison 17 hr Rubi 1
Names of all the Sex Offenders in Manchester KY (Jun '11) 18 hr Xocai 20
How many credits do you need to be a highschool... (Jul '10) Tue Idklol_15 37

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance