Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,561

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
so true

Morgantown, KY

#88770 Oct 17, 2012
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."

Maybe we are too busy, seeing our riches and overlooking our worth to each other.
damn

Heath, OH

#88771 Oct 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Hi SS, lmao, good one.
you are fool and I would hate to be you I feel sorry for ignorant people like you. Il pray for you tho il pray that you won't burn in hell for eternity because of your decision to mock god.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88772 Oct 17, 2012
so true wrote:
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.
Maybe we are too busy, seeing our riches and overlooking our worth to each other.
Hmm... how does that ancient saying go? Oh, I remember,
"Corporations are people, my friend"

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88773 Oct 17, 2012
damn wrote:
<quoted text>
you are fool and I would hate to be you I feel sorry for ignorant people like you. Il pray for you tho il pray that you won't burn in hell for eternity because of your decision to mock god.
Hell isn't eternal. It ends when your soul gets tossed into the lake of fire - and then THAT is eternal. God loves you SOOO much you can't even comprehend it....
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#88774 Oct 17, 2012
What is the soul? Genesis 2:7
damn

Heath, OH

#88775 Oct 17, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Hell isn't eternal. It ends when your soul gets tossed into the lake of fire - and then THAT is eternal. God loves you SOOO much you can't even comprehend it....
wow your pathetic than the other guy you at least half way k ow what your talking about and yet you still mock god wow man I'd really hate to be you...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88776 Oct 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting stuff.
I think so also... Of course I think some of the claims by the proponents of ancient aliens are bunk, not all but many.... Like claiming the stones at Pumapunku are made from diorite when they are actually not... And that copper chisels were pure copper when they were alloys which were much harder...

All I ever claim is that the technological ability of our ancestors was far greater than what our today's archeologists claim.. They absolutely had powered machine tool technologies that actually surpass our level today in many areas... And I think there is enough evidence to make a conclusions they had flight capability...

People always bring up why we don't find metal tools such as the steel and alloys but it's actually easy, take a look at the Titanic... It's been submerged for a very short time and it's already lost 50% of it's steel structure as it's converted to oxides... In a few 1000 years there will be no sign of it's existence.. And if the ocean levels increased by as much as 600 feet then we would expect that as much as 90% of the globes population centers would today be far out to sea and under 100's of feet of sediment .. Note that even Troy was covered by 10 feet of dirt and it's half as old as the period of the Ice age... Stones at Pumapunku are under 15 foot of dirt in many places.. And that's on dry land...

Then consider those places that would have been on high enough locations as to not be covered by sea rise would have had 1000's of years of humans picking them clean of every piece of metal, every trinket... And then reusing cut stones, striping structures and adding to structures..

Then after 1000's of years since the dark ages we just in the last few years are finding vast cities, structures and remains that have been overlooked... I would submit we have only scratched the surface of our true history and we will find many, many more now that we are finally figuring out were to actually look...

London, KY

#88777 Oct 17, 2012
so true wrote:
A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.
"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."
According to the Sumerians, people were created to dig gold...

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#88778 Oct 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That was 6000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built..... And now that that some folks have figured out where to look cities are popping up every few months... In the last few years we have found 8 sunken cities out in the oceans up to 400 feet deep... The geological evidence dates the walls cut around the Spinx at around 12,000 BC..
Don't go confusing them with facts now...

They can't accept that there are things still around can be examined and have an age determined, but are perfectly fine believing their version of events happened 7000 years ago without a shred of proof.

Location hidden

#88779 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
He tells the Truth about everything He wants us to know!
Case in point...
When Obama was elected into office, I was Proud for America!
We'd truly past the color barrier...
God told me at that very second "You might want to hold
off on that pride thing..."
And sure enough... Obama released that Abortion monies that
Bush had held back...
I Looked up, and said "I see what you mean!".
NO Christian would do that, and he's proved it almost
every day!
Then give money to those that kill us, and others...
NO!
He needs to go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And yet you have the nerve to say others haven't heard god, when you are claiming you hear specific things.... such a hypocrite.

Location hidden

#88780 Oct 17, 2012
damn wrote:
<quoted text>
yes this is referring to the tabernacle in the old testament where it is said god dwelled while the children of Israel wondered in the desert. No unclean thing was to enter the tabernacle... Note that this is the old testament before crist came to earth and dwelt here as a man thus changing everything just as your sins have to be washed away by the blood of Jesus now to go to heaven no unclean thing could enter the dwelling of god then...
So, in other words, if you were born with a defect through no fault of your own, you were forever unclean? Where is the justice and love in that?

London, KY

#88781 Oct 17, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go confusing them with facts now...
They can't accept that there are things still around can be examined and have an age determined, but are perfectly fine believing their version of events happened 7000 years ago without a shred of proof.
I'm just amazed that in this day and age that there are people that have no idea of what we actually Know as a species... We know very well we know far less than we know we know but we have an accumulation of knowledge that's massive....
how about this

Pikeville, KY

#88782 Oct 17, 2012
wonders if jesus called folks dipshit for not believing him. lol

christianty is a good faith, too bad you don't practice it ;)

it's not the christian way to want to see non believers be punished in hell but it's the way alot of the phoney christians talk.
how about this

Pikeville, KY

#88783 Oct 17, 2012
get out thee nutcrushed and handicapped people out of thine sight, remove them from mine holy temple says the loving god.

new test is some great stuff, the old test is garbage.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#88784 Oct 17, 2012
What is the soul? Genesis 2:7
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#88785 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
I was right! Romney clearly put Obama in his place! Even with Candy's help... He had no cover for his lies! This once Great Nation cannot go Barakwards four more years!
WHAT SCRIPTURES HAVE ALWAYS HAD A BEARING ON THE ATTITUDE OF TRUE CHRISTIANS TOWARD INVOLVEMENT IN POLITICAL ISSUES AND ACTIVITIES?
John 17:16 "They are no part of the world, just as I [Jesus] am no part of the world."
John 6:15 Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.
JESUS WOULD NOT TOUCH POLITICS WITH A 10 FOOT POLE!
Later Jesus told the Roman governor “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”- John 18:36
James 4:4:“Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.”
WHY IS THE MATTER SO SERIOUS? Because as 1 John 5:19 says,“the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”
AT John 14:30, JESUS REFERRED TO SATAN AS BEING “the ruler or the world.”
SO NO MATTER WHAT WORLDLY FACTION A PERSON MIGHT SUPPORT, UNDER WHOSE CONTROL WOULD HE REALLY COME?
WHAT, THEN, WILL HAPPEN TO MAN-MADE GOVERNMENTS?
The Bible answers that the governments "of the Entire inhabited earth" will be destroyed.(Revelation 16:14; 19:19-21 and Daniel 2:44)
If a true Christian believes that God’s Kingdom is about to remove all man-made political systems, he logically would refrain from supporting those political systems. After all if he tried to prop up doomed, man-made governments, he would, in effect, BE TAKING A STAND AGAINST GOD.
Jehovah’s Witnesses actively promote God’s Kingdom, not political reform!
Towel

Ironton, OH

#88786 Oct 17, 2012
kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
This country was founded on the belief in Jesus Christ! If you gave a problem with that then, go live somewhere else!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88787 Oct 17, 2012
Towel wrote:
<quoted text>
This country was founded on the belief in Jesus Christ! If you gave a problem with that then, go live somewhere else!
No, this country was founded on personal FREEDOM if you have a problem with that go live some where else
aint going anywheres

Pikeville, KY

#88788 Oct 17, 2012
hell yea, I don't mind hearing about jesus christ. I haven't made up my mind about the dude yet but I sure as hell ca't stand you idiots that think you're the only one with rights in this nation. this is a nation for freedom, not a nation that has to believe your idea of what the bible says.
I want one of you bible thumpers or you left wingers to put me out of this nation. I want to see it happen. lol be ready for a terrible fight.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88789 Oct 17, 2012
Alright Atheist, explain the Big Bang. How does something come from nothing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People who dont work but still get a tax return 20 min tax payer 6
El Cazador shut down???? 2 hr truth 6
Obama sending 6,000 immigrants to live in manch... 12 hr William 37
Need a job bad. 12 hr William 27
ATV'S on the road wy in Manchester and the co. 19 hr hmm 2
Donald Lee Martin 22 hr Cheeto 8
Redbird unearthed Fri Old Dog 2
Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester People Search