Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 180226 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88818 Oct 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That was 6000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built..... And now that that some folks have figured out where to look cities are popping up every few months... In the last few years we have found 8 sunken cities out in the oceans up to 400 feet deep... The geological evidence dates the walls cut around the Spinx at around 12,000 BC..
Hahaha...
Q: If the flood actually occured...
Could that lil event have skewed your data?
The earth is not a cleanroom lab, so how could you tell
your data is pure?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88819 Oct 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That was 6000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built..... And now that that some folks have figured out where to look cities are popping up every few months... In the last few years we have found 8 sunken cities out in the oceans up to 400 feet deep... The geological evidence dates the walls cut around the Spinx at around 12,000 BC..
BTW
This Dr. Grady McMurtry is awesome!
http://www.creationworldview.org/

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88820 Oct 18, 2012
hmm wrote:
One more thing - schools are paid for by the government and tax dollars. People from all walks of life in America pay taxes. To think that their children should be taught what you believe in as opposed to what they should individually believe in based on their religon is also ridiculous. Not everyone is religious or even Christian so it would be oppression of sorts to just teach that.
Also who honestly believes everything in the Bible? Jonah was swallowed by a whale and lived? Global flooding (explain how we have fresh water fish and salt water fish without evolution), Noag and his ark having two of EVERY animal, insect, and all the food they would need to survive a global flood, virgin conception, re-animated dead (Yes Jesus was a zombie), talking serpants that coerced Eve to eat forbidden fruit (did she try some psychodellics before talking to the serpant?), ect.
It IS a ridiculous as it sounds. Also putting belief in an unseen force that they can telepathically pray too and apologize for sinning against in hopes of eternal life in a place we can not confirm to exist. Wow even typing it out it sounds more ridiculous.
Also to teach the facts you would have to explain that before Christianity and God, Jesus, ect. you would have to explain how several religions had the same stories before the writing of the Bible.
Ontop of all that explain the dinosaurs and why we have no fossils of man from that time. Facts do not lie. Again having said all this there is a time and place to fill your kid's head full of such nonsense - is called the tax free church. Enjoy the fact that is tax free and that your can let your children speak in tongues and handle snakes on your own time - not in a tax paid for school for everyone...
'Nuff said.
Good post.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88821 Oct 18, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
What you speak of is conscience, perhaps finding inner peace and not anything to do with god speaking. god supposidly "spoke", commanded people in the old testament to do things,, I have never heard of anyone hearing, gods voice. Good, bad, that is in the person,,the most morally correct person I ever met was an atheist. She would drive twenty miles to give back an item in a grocery store that skipped getting rung up, lying and bad deeds were not a thought in her mind, but she knew beyond doubt, god does not exist.
Whatever you WANT to believe...
I know He is real, and...
He Loves even me!
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88822 Oct 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Why would an atheist need to explain evolution? I'm an atheist and could care less about evolution, it is not required. But since you are a christian, explain how "poof the magic god" made something from nothing. Never mind, I already know, your god is not real and you are just delusional, isnt that right monkey unmensch?
You may think I am delusional but that is because you are ignorant.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88823 Oct 18, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost my adult child and the pain of this cannot be imagined until it happens to you. I was a father who raised a son that meant something to the world, he saved many lives, whos friends told me he called me his best friend. Things do not get better sometimes and lying to them or yourself does not help. But we are people and according to some god's creations, this same god cannot be denied killed thousands of father's sons, babies, women. Their bible tells them this clearly, as well as this gods "regreted" making us in the first place. So I will take a fathers care for his son any day, over a murderous god regreting my creation in the first place. A parents love is real.
Sorry about your loss!
Death is but a doorway, and we ALL pass though it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88824 Oct 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans didn't seem to be flat earthers until the middle ages"
And they are still here....
AKA "Dark ages"

“There is no god.”

USA

#88825 Oct 18, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think I am delusional but that is because you are ignorant.
I'm sorry you can not comprehend the written word, I did not say think, I said you are (as in I know), hell you believe in mythical beings, de-lu-sion-al re-li-gious N-U-T, did you get that monkey unmensch?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88826 Oct 18, 2012
TARD in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>So chester, if your wife is on her knees doing some guy for "church" money, do you just watch or do you hold the bag?
Every nasty post you make...
Proves my point!
Nasty, nasty, nasty!
Could I expect less?
Not from Grammy's Snookums!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88827 Oct 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
I love the "christians posts" so much like what jesus preached, you know love and compassion, turn the other cheek and all, lmfao, hate is the christian way.
We're on here day, n night... telling you God is real!
Inundated with your nasty Anti-Christ posts... Why?
Because we DO Love you, AND do NOT want you to go to Hell!
That is the Love yer Grammy had for you...
Go figure!

“There is no god.”

USA

#88828 Oct 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Every nasty post you make...
Proves my point!
Nasty, nasty, nasty!
Could I expect less?
Not from Grammy's Snookums!
Did your grandmother mufficate you chester, is that what made you have sexual desires for your daughter and grandchildren?

“There is no god.”

USA

#88829 Oct 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>We're on here day, n night... telling you God is real!
Inundated with your nasty Anti-Christ posts... Why?
Because we DO Love you, AND do NOT want you to go to Hell!
That is the Love yer Grammy had for you...
Go figure!
Maybe your grandfather woke you up with a little poke and you thought, hey I could do that to my daughter, is that it chester or are you just a sick pervert on your own account?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88830 Oct 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell isn't eternal. It ends when your soul gets tossed into the lake of fire - and then THAT is eternal. God loves you SOOO much you can't even comprehend it....
John
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
You do not have to go to hell... it is your choice!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88831 Oct 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just amazed that in this day and age that there are people that have no idea of what we actually Know as a species... We know very well we know far less than we know we know but we have an accumulation of knowledge that's massive....
"we have an accumulation of knowledge that's massive"...
Hahahahaha!
Now we're passing Conjecture, and guesses for Knowledge?
Hahaha!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88832 Oct 18, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT SCRIPTURES HAVE ALWAYS HAD A BEARING ON THE ATTITUDE OF TRUE CHRISTIANS TOWARD INVOLVEMENT IN POLITICAL ISSUES AND ACTIVITIES?
John 17:16 "They are no part of the world, just as I [Jesus] am no part of the world."
John 6:15 Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.
JESUS WOULD NOT TOUCH POLITICS WITH A 10 FOOT POLE!
Later Jesus told the Roman governor “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”- John 18:36
James 4:4:“Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.”
WHY IS THE MATTER SO SERIOUS? Because as 1 John 5:19 says,“the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”
AT John 14:30, JESUS REFERRED TO SATAN AS BEING “the ruler or the world.”
SO NO MATTER WHAT WORLDLY FACTION A PERSON MIGHT SUPPORT, UNDER WHOSE CONTROL WOULD HE REALLY COME?
WHAT, THEN, WILL HAPPEN TO MAN-MADE GOVERNMENTS?
The Bible answers that the governments "of the Entire inhabited earth" will be destroyed.(Revelation 16:14; 19:19-21 and Daniel 2:44)
If a true Christian believes that God’s Kingdom is about to remove all man-made political systems, he logically would refrain from supporting those political systems. After all if he tried to prop up doomed, man-made governments, he would, in effect, BE TAKING A STAND AGAINST GOD.
Jehovah’s Witnesses actively promote God’s Kingdom, not political reform!
Despite some irrelevant scripture useage, you know,
just as I, that God's WILL, will be done!
We've only got a few short years left in this sewer, and
I would not doubt that Osama will be here another 4...
Geesh, he shouldn't have been here the first 4!
There are some that say we shouldn't even vote, but I will vote!
I will vote for Romney, as I'm sure he's better than Osama!
If I'm wrong for Voting... God will forgive me, as He's
forgiven me of much worse!
Amen!
BTW... Jesus said these things must come to pass... they are!
amen

Georgetown, KY

#88833 Oct 18, 2012
God is always looking down on everyone I love my god
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88834 Oct 18, 2012
Wiccan wrote:
For those people that want religion in schools, How about I come to your childs school and hold a Wiccan Circle. We will invite the HOrned God and the Goddess into the circle and worship them.
I dont believe in Satan but what if a Satan worshiper wanted to come to school and teach your children about the power they could have by worshiping Satan.
Religion is Religion. If you want the bible taught in school, why should I not come to school and teach out of my Book of Shadows?? Wicca is a nationally recognized religion just as christianity is. What makes your religion better than mine?
IF you open up public schools to teach religion you better be prepared to face the consequences of those actions.
Hahahahaha!
You copied this from page 4?...
Stupid then... stupid now!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88835 Oct 18, 2012
By the book wrote:
While I do not have all the answers, I can read, even spell correctly a few times,, but this is from the old testament, I think it sums it up.
Genesis 6:7
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
This is YOUR god ??
Correction!
He's YOUR God Too.... You just don't claim Him!
Job said it well...
Though He slay me, yet will I follow Him!
He Is God, and Gave you a way to be with Him IF you choose!
If you do not want that... OK Then!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88836 Oct 18, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
We got a chance to see Romney and Obama together. Obama did not impress.
You should have seen the last one!
Next one is gonna be a scream!
LOL

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#88838 Oct 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You should have seen the last one!
Next one is gonna be a scream!
LOL
In reference to the debates and Romney's religion. Are you a Mormon? How deep does your faith go? I mean, you do know that the Mormon's Bible says that God is hanging out on planet Kolob don't you? And when the end comes Heaven is in Missouri. LAUGHABLE!!

Just like the mainstream Christian fairytale. But I guess you'd even vote for satan over Obama because of all the abortions...yeah, like no abortions took place while Bush was President.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for ladies 3 min Marlboro Man 11
Randy gray drawing a disability check 2 hr Gag 6
City Council Race 2018 3 hr oops 63
Prettiest woman on Horse Creek 4 hr Saylor brothers 13
CMR Quickstop 19 hr Blind man 7
Poker machines in Clay Co 23 hr Sexybob 26
children at border Sat Stanley Sizemore 1

Manchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages