Who has the prepaid electric box

Posted in the Manchester Forum

Hunked up

Wayland, KY

#1 Mar 1, 2013
I just switched my electric over to the prepaid box and live it.
Theres An App For That

Williamsburg, KY

#2 Mar 1, 2013
looking 4 a good man

United States

#3 Mar 1, 2013
I have one and love it. You don't have to come up with large amounts at once.
Boogie man

London, KY

#4 Mar 1, 2013
looking 4 a good man wrote:
I have one and love it. You don't have to come up with large amounts at once.
Usually people who get the prepaid box are the ones who has had their electricity turn off and
Cant pay their deposit fee and reconnect fee,but either way jackson energy rob us poor people.my electric bill was 400.00 and I kept my heat on 68 and i still freeze.we need KU electric
Molon Labe

United States

#5 Mar 2, 2013
Boogie man wrote:
<quoted text>Usually people who get the prepaid box are the ones who has had their electricity turn off and
Cant pay their deposit fee and reconnect fee,but either way jackson energy rob us poor people.my electric bill was 400.00 and I kept my heat on 68 and i still freeze.we need KU electric
I will bet you live in a broke down trailer. Either way, there was a product developed long ago designed to fix your problem...it's called "insulation". You should look into it.
some peeps

Somerset, KY

#6 Mar 2, 2013
That is not true ur bill has to be current before u can switch to prepaid we switched cause everbody was saying it was cheaper and it is I think it makes us aware of how many lights are on
Boogie man

London, KY

#7 Mar 2, 2013
Molon Labe wrote:
<quoted text>
I will bet you live in a broke down trailer. Either way, there was a product developed long ago designed to fix your problem...it's called "insulation". You should look into it.
you must be a jackson energy working you know they charge triple for electric and No i dont live in broken down trailor I live in a house
Jackson Customer

London, KY

#8 Mar 2, 2013
The prepaid meter helps alot of people who can't afford all the money at once. If we didn't have the money to pay our electric all at once, we'd probably have the prepaid meter ourselves. We bought a new double wide trailer about 4 years ago. The highest our electric bill has ever been was $333.00. We used the emergency heat setting on our thermostat that month because it puts out warmer heat. Needless to say, we don't use it anymore. In the summer, our air conditioner is set on 75. Our bill will run $90-$125 depending on how hot it gets. In the winter, it's usually $125-$220 depending on how cold it gets. We are home 99% of the time and I work at home. I can't complain too much considering how big and open our home is and we do have the energy efficent appliances which i'm sure help a little. We have a fireplace but we've never used it. I've always kept an eye on the watts on the meter and on the bill. They read the meters here on the 28th of every month so I try to get an idea of what it is going to be each month. We are on a budget and my husband has limited income so that's one reason I keep an eye on it. Try to pay on time if you can so they don't add late fees then disconnect you. Also, insulate your house, check your windows and doors for drafts. Every little thing helps. If you use space heaters, thats really going to run your bill up. Turn lights off if you don't need them on. Unplug anything your not using because even if it isn't on, it still uses electric if its plugged in.(A relative found that out with the prepaid meter.) I've always paid my bill online so I can go back and see every bill and payment that's been made, including the deposit. Well sorry i've ranted so much but i'm just offering my opinion and personal experience with Jackson Energy. Paying more attention to your bill will help also. Good luck!
face facts

Somerset, KY

#9 Mar 2, 2013
If you want lower electric bills only way it will happen is when people wise up to fact politicans in charge through the epa sets standard that power companies go by you vote in some common sense officals . With common sense leaders that know no such thing as global warming, cut of these tree huggers money from feds and pass common sense regulations we get lower bills. Ku went to all natural gas because of the regulations epa and Obama put forth and we got a higher electric bill. Now you all can blame anything you want but look on your electric bills all the taxes and regulations you pay. Just like with gas government getting rich of all the taxes and regulations on fuel and they want you to blame oil companies. You know its sad when one thinks of it that some states through ignorance of their officals have banned burning of fireplaces that use wood or coal, is that not showing the stupidity of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,491
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min ernest t 7,325
County Judge Executive 15 min pot and kettle 28
School Board Tax 1 hr obviously 57
Abc automotive 3 hr sue 3
When is boo fest 3 hr Joe 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Quantummist 131,113
Manchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Manchester Jobs

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]