Clay Board of Education
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Clay County Parent

Germany

#1 Dec 23, 2009
In this weeks Manchester Enterprise I read in the District Court Report, two of Clay County Board of Education employees were in District Court this past week. Ernie W. Ferguston.(Hacker School Teacher) was charged with Indecent Exposure, Assault, Terrorist threatening. All charges were dismissed ??????????
Charles C. Wombles.(Bus Driver) Assault 4th degree also dismissed ?????????? I'm sure everyone is so proud of these two clowns. Of course nothing will be done about it and they will continue doing what they both do best. Thanks Reecie and Board Members for keeping our children safe from people like Ernie and Charles. Shame and a Disgrace!!!!
concerned citizen

Lexington, KY

#2 Dec 23, 2009
I agree. This is the second notice on topics regarding this. Each of us is concerned about our children. What kind of example are these "adults" sending to our children. That this kind of behaviour is o.k.? That they need not worry if they know the right people? Shame, Shame, Shame.
retard

Somerset, KY

#3 Dec 24, 2009
the charges you are talking about was that ernie and charles had a fight between each other. next time you want to run your mouth get the facts first.because ernie came to charles house and done the indecent exposure and charles had fight with him
ccmom

Corbin, KY

#4 Dec 24, 2009
w
Clay County Parent wrote:
In this weeks Manchester Enterprise I read in the District Court Report, two of Clay County Board of Education employees were in District Court this past week. Ernie W. Ferguston.(Hacker School Teacher) was charged with Indecent Exposure, Assault, Terrorist threatening. All charges were dismissed ??????????
Charles C. Wombles.(Bus Driver) Assault 4th degree also dismissed ?????????? I'm sure everyone is so proud of these two clowns. Of course nothing will be done about it and they will continue doing what they both do best. Thanks Reecie and Board Members for keeping our children safe from people like Ernie and Charles. Shame and a Disgrace!!!!
Why would you blame Reecia and the school board for something the court dismissed? How exactly is that their fault that the court dismissed the case?
Not on SCHOOL time

London, KY

#5 Dec 24, 2009
If it's not during school what can anyone do. That is just like you and your job. IF you have ONE?
cherry

Madisonville, KY

#6 Dec 24, 2009
Well said. People are to quick to judge.You are right the fight was not during school hours,and charles was protecting his child from such actions that any of us would do.
parent of five

Denmark

#7 Dec 24, 2009
Not on SCHOOL time wrote:
If it's not during school what can anyone do. That is just like you and your job. IF you have ONE?
A teacher or a Bus Driver should be held to a higher standard. We trust them with the most precious thing we have, our children. It should not matter if it happened at School or not. I also agree that Mrs. Samples and Board Members should be concerned with employees like these. Our Children's safety should always come first!
ccmom

Corbin, KY

#8 Dec 24, 2009
parent of five wrote:
<quoted text> A teacher or a Bus Driver should be held to a higher standard. We trust them with the most precious thing we have, our children. It should not matter if it happened at School or not. I also agree that Mrs. Samples and Board Members should be concerned with employees like these. Our Children's safety should always come first!
Yes, I agree our children's safety and well being should come first. But if the court of law dismissed the charges, what exactly is the school board suppose to fire these people from their jobs for, what did they do wrong after all the law is on their side. Now, had they have been found guilty I think we would be talking about a whole other story right now. Most likely they would have lost their jobs. Clay County actually has someone running the show now that will not put up with this crap. Blame the courts not the school board.
the LAW

London, KY

#9 Dec 24, 2009
No matter what they do in the school system what they do on their time is just like any other job. As long as their not doing this on SCHOOL TIME then their NO GUILTY and NO ONE can touch them. If you are caught for DUI on Friday at 6 after school hours then there is NOTHING your employer can do. However if You come into the school and their is REASONABLE suspension then yes at this time that is an entire new issue. The thing is our SCHOOL BOARD can't put themselves in a spot where their LIABLE and I don't blame them. It's all about things done correctly to protect themselves but I have a feeling the new SUPERINTENDANT will not put up with MUCH or should I say NOTHING.
parent of five wrote:
<quoted text> A teacher or a Bus Driver should be held to a higher standard. We trust them with the most precious thing we have, our children. It should not matter if it happened at School or not. I also agree that Mrs. Samples and Board Members should be concerned with employees like these. Our Children's safety should always come first!
wondering

AOL

#11 Dec 25, 2009
We sure do like to judge people and things before we get the information. The court dropped the charges because there was nothing to prosecute. Just a disagreement that went too far.
We would loose an excellent Rank 1 teacher who is and always has been for the students in his classroom. Check his CATS scores through the years and compare them with any teacher in the state. Talk to his students past and present. Ask what kind of teacher he is and how they learned in his classroom. Some of you will be very surprised. We can not in this country find anyone guilty until we have given then proper court representation. I still think that just because you are in the educational profession should not hold you to a higher standard than your doctors, lawyers, judges, etc. Yes we are examples but we are not saints and should not be expected to be. Be fair. Don't judge without all the information.
News

Aptos, CA

#12 Dec 25, 2009
Clay County Parent wrote:
Drugs, Drunk. DUI, Indecent Exposure, Assault, Terrorist Threatening. Sounds like a plot right out of the Sopranos HBO Series on TV. The fact is when you get paid to drive or teach School Age Children you should be monitored and watched for this type of activity. I also think Reecie is well aware of these two employees.
Oh Please

Corbin, KY

#13 Dec 25, 2009
Not on SCHOOL time wrote:
Not saying anything about these men inpeticular because I don't know either of them , but just an a example....
What would you say if this was a child abuse charge or rape charge, OH well, they did it on their own time and not on the schools time. So its fine. They deserve to be back at work, it was the week end when they commited the crime. Thats just crazy. It is different when you work for the school system. When kids see you everyday they see you as an example. They hear things and see things just like everyone else and even in your own time away from school, to them you are still their role model, thewir teacher, their bus driver, their cook, their aid, so yeah any one in the school system should act all the time as if the children are watching...Because they are!!!!
Off the clock

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Dec 25, 2009
I agree with the person. When their off the clock they have their own LIFE.
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Not saying anything about these men inpeticular because I don't know either of them , but just an a example....
What would you say if this was a child abuse charge or rape charge, OH well, they did it on their own time and not on the schools time. So its fine. They deserve to be back at work, it was the week end when they commited the crime. Thats just crazy. It is different when you work for the school system. When kids see you everyday they see you as an example. They hear things and see things just like everyone else and even in your own time away from school, to them you are still their role model, thewir teacher, their bus driver, their cook, their aid, so yeah any one in the school system should act all the time as if the children are watching...Because they are!!!!
example

Somerset, KY

#15 Dec 25, 2009
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with what you said. The Children look at a Teacher or a Bus Driver as a role model. I really feel like their behavior on and off the job should set a good example to the children and public at all times. If they don't like their behavior being under a microscope then maybe they should not be a Teacher or a Bus Driver. Just my opinion.
Louis

Eubank, KY

#16 Dec 26, 2009
Teachers are people too and they make mistakes! I feel that the teachers that have gotten in trouble have had their names ran through the mud like no other. A coal miner, federal guard, or any other person working would not be treated like this. What they did was wrong....let's allow the court system and the board take care of it.
Louis

Eubank, KY

#17 Dec 26, 2009
Also, you guys are sounding like a teacher should not been seen drinking even if our county was wet. Is this not America? TEachers..... in let's say lexington go out to drink and enjoy themeselvs...... Wake up Clay County!!!
Carol

Greenbrier, AR

#18 Dec 26, 2009
Louis wrote:
Also, you guys are sounding like a teacher should not been seen drinking even if our county was wet. Is this not America? TEachers..... in let's say lexington go out to drink and enjoy themeselvs...... Wake up Clay County!!!
But Clay County is not Wet! Sure you can go to Richmond, Hazard, Lexington and buy it and bring it back home to drink but it is against the law to drink and drive or be drunk in a public place or fight and indecent exposure. It may not be fair but Teachers, Principals, Bus Drivers, and any one else that works directly with children must be heald at a higher level of accountability . One of the most important lessons we teach our Children is to be good citizens and follow rules and the law. How can we do this when the poeple in charge don't follow them? I'm not throwing blame on anyone but this is the simple truth.
Heated

Eubank, KY

#19 Dec 26, 2009
Carol wrote:
<quoted text> But Clay County is not Wet! Sure you can go to Richmond, Hazard, Lexington and buy it and bring it back home to drink but it is against the law to drink and drive or be drunk in a public place or fight and indecent exposure. It may not be fair but Teachers, Principals, Bus Drivers, and any one else that works directly with children must be heald at a higher level of accountability . One of the most important lessons we teach our Children is to be good citizens and follow rules and the law. How can we do this when the poeple in charge don't follow them? I'm not throwing blame on anyone but this is the simple truth.
The 18th amendment of the U.S. Constitution says we can drink a beer!! The Constitution is the supreme law of the LAND!!!! ARe all TEachers, Principals, and Bus Drivers getting busted for drivintg drunk in a public place or fighting and indecent exposure. NO, they aren't!! That is why people in lexington, richmond, hazard and whoever else that brings a child up around boo's don't freak out when they go to college. WAKE UP CLAY CO
parent

London, KY

#20 Dec 27, 2009
we will see what frankfort says. its been reported give it a few days.for sure clay county will be national news again. but board wont do nothing maybe frankfort will.
Robert Quigley

Washington, DC

#21 Dec 27, 2009
Heated wrote:
<quoted text>
The 18th amendment of the U.S. Constitution says we can drink a beer!! The Constitution is the supreme law of the LAND!!!! ARe all TEachers, Principals, and Bus Drivers getting busted for drivintg drunk in a public place or fighting and indecent exposure. NO, they aren't!! That is why people in lexington, richmond, hazard and whoever else that brings a child up around boo's don't freak out when they go to college. WAKE UP CLAY CO
Totally agree! Sounds like alcohol virginity!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GEORGE DEZARN aka BRUCE KATELYN JENNER 1 hr Peggy Napier 37
Peggy Napier (Feb '10) 2 hr Peggy Napier 11
Miranda Sizemore 2 hr Bad bitch 543 13
RAY DUFF and TRAVIS BUNDY 3 hr Ray duff 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr CCzar 166,375
Laurel Creek Nuesing Home 13 hr Agreed 100 6
Marty Wolfe Fri Ward turner 3

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance