Jackson Energy What Is the Problem!!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Danny Ocean

Flat Lick, KY

#42 Jan 23, 2013
Chief Butterfly wrote:
But IF you are in desperate need for cash, to feed your starving family, you'd actually be less of a man if you didn't rob them... and about ethics, well, those filthy rich basterds have been robbing us since the beginning of antiquity.
How about it Chief? Whaddya say we hit the place? Pull an Ocean's Thirteen.

You'll be Brad Pitt and soulman there can be Bernie Mac. Naturally, I'll be George Clooney.

All we need is an earthquake.
Chief Butterfly

Lexington, KY

#43 Jan 23, 2013
Yeah... Im not that desperate yet, nor do I have starving children, but funny nonetheless. If I get to that point, you're dam rite I would. My kids r starv'n, and yall dont wanna care? What else is a man supposed to do? Taking care of wife and kids is all he's got to do, and if they're starv'n, then he's failing. Big time.
bill

Virgie, KY

#45 Jan 24, 2013
Learn how to read your meter ppl and go question them about the high bills. You can shut everything off. unplug everything including your refrigerator. Turn off all lights and heat pump for a fem min,go check if the meter is still spinning, if it is then you have a problem. I live in a 4 bedroom, lr, den, dining room, kitchen garage and two bathroom house with three boys and my wife and myself. Our bill last month was 106.00.. We do plenty of laundry, tvs in each room. we dont waste alot and keep our heat set on 67 and turn lights off when were not in a room but like I said, learn and question them only then will you quit getting taken for a ride.
good man

East Bernstadt, KY

#46 Jan 24, 2013
it go up one time a years when gov give money to pay pore people bil and ever body pay tha not wright
Chief Butterfly

Lexington, KY

#47 Jan 24, 2013
If ur smart, u save urself some money
so true

Evarts, KY

#48 Jan 24, 2013
The people wrote:
You can kick your breaker box and use no electricity and still get a huge bill. There's going to be another raise in electrical services from Jackson Energy, another 4% will be aded to your bill. Problem: They have no competition, they have us by the balls because we have no alternative. Solution: Complain to congressman, senator and whoever else you can get to listen including the news chanels. I keep my heat at 64, hardly ever home and still I get a 517.00 bill. People can't pay these bills and Daniel Boone isn't helping every body in this county. Contact Rand Paul, demand an investigation. We need a break in this county.
i kicked my breaker for two days over christmas and used more according to my box but as soon as liheap comes to town they get all the money they are greedy theiving bastards that should be looked into and have to pay everyone back that they have screwed over but start checking your meter and writing it down everyday just to see if it matches your bill and you can get on their site and see your usage everyday we need to join up and stick it to their asses
The Juiceman Cometh

Flat Lick, KY

#49 Jan 24, 2013
Stick a big magnet to your meter and that'll slow it down.
Romney

Mount Vernon, KY

#51 Feb 5, 2013
I was gonna burn coal but Obama wont let me,guess i will get another wife or two and cuddle up.
to high

Barbourville, KY

#53 Feb 11, 2013
get it right wrote:
MY electric bill is extremely too high I have tryed to save energy and turn my heat down on 67 and sit in the house all wraped up even wear my coat and socks.. didnt used my dishwasher nor my porch light and watched tv and my electric bill is higher this month than last month...So I give up..they charge u what they want u too
mine was high this month
Not So Smart

London, KY

#54 Feb 11, 2013
Watch out for RECC putting a smart meter on your house. If you already have it, demand that they remove it. The smart meters throw out more radiation than 100 cell phones combined, radiation causes cancer. They installed one on my home and I was having power surges for almost 3 months. I called and they came twice and said they found the problem but the surges continued until finally they fixed it. Power surges burn up your appliances, electronics and could possibly burn your house down. I told them to remove it and they refused but if enough people demand those meters to be removed, RECC will have no choice but to replace those meters. My electric bill has been much higher since they installed the smart meter. On the average of 70-100 dollars higher. RECC is a coop, we're suppose to be share owners. The problem is, they have a monoply in this area and they know we don't have a choice but to pay their high cost.
budqiser

Lexington, KY

#55 Feb 12, 2013
mmhmm wrote:
Everyone I know has a huge electricity bill no matter what they do....it's not just Jackson Energy customers. IDK what is going on or what to do but everyone, myself included, cannot keep paying these prices. "they charge u what they want u too" ...truer words were never spoken.
Yes it is just jackson energy.The other ones raise their rates but never come close to jackson energys bills.
budqiser

Lexington, KY

#56 Feb 12, 2013
the one wrote:
You want to turn the tables on Jackson Energy, here's how you can make them pay YOU!!! This plan will cost you at least several grand to do it, but you'd eventually make your money back on this idea.
First, have a few solar panels installed either on the house or somewhere on the premises. An average sized house usually don't need that many, and provided you aren't normally using humongous amounts of electricity for grow lamps or something like that, it can in fact make your electric meter run backwards. Most of the time with installation added this will cost you around the 7 - 10 thousand dollar range.
For extra insurance that the meter would run backwards, install a geotheramal system for heating and cooling. Pipes are run underground for this purpose, and can dramatically lower the cost of heating and cooling. Again, with installation you could be looking at upwards of the same price range as above. Of course, these ideas would work best if you plan on living in the same house for the next several years or so.
By federal law, if your electric meter shows negative usage, Jackson Energy would have to cut you a check in the amount of the negative usage, since you are one of their customers. Some people even get checks upwards of a thousand dollars each month, but again it all depends on just how much of your power comes out of their grid vs. the solar panels / geothermal setup. On some really dark, cloudy days you may be drawing off their power.
My wife and I are getting ready to do all this ourselves, since we are getting hosed by Jackson Energy just like everyone else.
Oh, I forgot to mention that you could also get tax writeoffs as well as potential rebates fore putting in such systems into your house, which could mean more money for you at tax time.
Yeah sure except most people who buy electricity from jackson energy dont work for the goverment or power companies and cant afford that stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mike adkins (Oct '09) 1 hr Sidney 3
Jennifer & Paul (Apr '10) 1 hr will 5
George Dezarn aka axl ROSE FOUND DEAD ON BRIDGE... 5 hr Man Up 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr Paul 163,842
200 Indictments 18 hr Ralph 3
Paw Paw 22 hr Sam 1
David England from Green Bair 22 hr Sis 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance