Jackson Energy What Is the Problem!!

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
get it right

Liberty, KY

#1 Jan 27, 2011
MY electric bill is extremely too high I have tryed to save energy and turn my heat down on 67 and sit in the house all wraped up even wear my coat and socks.. didnt used my dishwasher nor my porch light and watched tv and my electric bill is higher this month than last month...So I give up..they charge u what they want u too
the beast

London, KY

#2 Jan 27, 2011
you probably have a short in your house get it fixed!
customer

Somerset, KY

#3 Jan 27, 2011
the beast wrote:
if she's got a short in her house everyone i know including myself has a short in our house, every year we all have 2 extremely large electric bills, and for some reason it is always when daniel boone development is giving out that money to help people with their heat, everyone don't get that help, so they need to stop robbing people, i wish another electric company would come in here, i bet the cost would drop then.
payback

London, KY

#4 Jan 27, 2011
heap time thanks recc would like to see a coopt royality with bills this high where is our percentage has anyone ever got anything back u want either.
mmhmm

London, KY

#5 Jan 27, 2011
Everyone I know has a huge electricity bill no matter what they do....it's not just Jackson Energy customers. IDK what is going on or what to do but everyone, myself included, cannot keep paying these prices. "they charge u what they want u too" ...truer words were never spoken.
Anonymous

Corbin, KY

#6 Jan 27, 2011
My bill went up 210.00 more than last month!! We keep ours on 64 fliping degrees for cripes sake. When I called to complain I was told that it was because "we've had the coldest December on record"

my bill is 575.00, I am just sick over it.

*spits on Jackson Energy*
The problem

Liberty, KY

#7 Jan 27, 2011
What is the price per kilowatt it used to 7 cents Im wondering what it is now..does anyone know...
youre crazy

Liberty, KY

#8 Jan 27, 2011
the beast wrote:
No short in that house..but theives gettin rich off the poor people
Just wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jan 27, 2011
the beast wrote:
How would you know if you have a short in your house? If that is their problem it might be mine. My electric bill was 615.00 last month, and that was just 1 month not 2, I really dread seeing it this month. I really do think they charge you what they want, but I want to know how to find out if you have a short, and if that would make your electric bill be 615.00 a month. Because if I get many more bills like this, I think I will find me a house where you can get on ku electric.
just saying

London, KY

#10 Jan 27, 2011
It highly doubtful that so many ppl have shorts in their houses...the energy company is taking advantage of us b/c we dont know how to read our meters or how to tell if theyre right or not.. theyre going to take our money until we stand up to them... but theyre going to keep taking advantage as long as we lay down and let them!
whoa

Corbin, KY

#11 Jan 27, 2011
what would happen,if DBD wasn't helping some?they only help me with two hundred and my bill was over six hundred then few days later i got a nine hundred bill and nothing was showing that what the DBD had pay.They are low ppls.I wish they was some one smarter enough to figure out just what in hell they are doing at the jackson energy.they are no better then we are.
over charging

Barbourville, KY

#12 Jan 27, 2011
My bill this month was $255 (ku) and at the top of the bill it shows electricity charges before tax it was only $185 in electric used ..........u tell me that's a lot of taxes! If u pay attention to your water bill how it breaks it down water sewer taxes ext. The ku bill is that way too..... How much are you being over charged?
I Wish

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jan 28, 2011
over charging wrote:
My bill this month was $255 (ku) and at the top of the bill it shows electricity charges before tax it was only $185 in electric used ..........u tell me that's a lot of taxes! If u pay attention to your water bill how it breaks it down water sewer taxes ext. The ku bill is that way too..... How much are you being over charged?
Boy I wish my electric bill was 255.00, or I would take one for 300.00, I don't get one under 290.00 and that is when you don't have heat or air on, I think its April or May and that is the only 1 I get that is 290.00, the rest of mine are usually 375.00 to 615.00, and it is just crazy. I think the people that are on KU electric are very very lucky, because the people that I know on it don't pay nothing like we do. I would say we are being way over charged.
ynot

Corbin, KY

#14 Jan 28, 2011
why dont people go to recc and protest like they doing in egypt just a thought lol
maintenaceman

London, KY

#15 Jan 30, 2011
u all need to buy a edenpure or heat surge heater or two. could save some serious bucks.
my bill 2

Manchester, KY

#16 Jan 30, 2011
my bill is way to high also i have went to energy efficient light bulbs throughout my home and turned the heat down to the point that i am cold all the time!!
The people

London, KY

#17 Jan 31, 2011
You can kick your breaker box and use no electricity and still get a huge bill. There's going to be another raise in electrical services from Jackson Energy, another 4% will be aded to your bill. Problem: They have no competition, they have us by the balls because we have no alternative. Solution: Complain to congressman, senator and whoever else you can get to listen including the news chanels. I keep my heat at 64, hardly ever home and still I get a 517.00 bill. People can't pay these bills and Daniel Boone isn't helping every body in this county. Contact Rand Paul, demand an investigation. We need a break in this county.
No help

Greenbrier, AR

#18 Jan 31, 2011
KU is no better. My bill doubled this month. They just use the colder months to jack up the bills higher. I live alone, don't use my stove, don't have a washer and dryer and only have my tv refrigerator, alarm clock and computer, at night don't even have lights on. They do this at least once or twice in the winter, also in the summer. Go figure.
The Brain

Somerset, KY

#19 Jan 31, 2011
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>How would you know if you have a short in your house? If that is their problem it might be mine. My electric bill was 615.00 last month, and that was just 1 month not 2, I really dread seeing it this month. I really do think they charge you what they want, but I want to know how to find out if you have a short, and if that would make your electric bill be 615.00 a month. Because if I get many more bills like this, I think I will find me a house where you can get on ku electric.
if you get a short you can smell the smoke and see the flames.unless your drunk or passed out on drugs.then they pack out your ashes after your house quits burning.
for sure

London, KY

#20 Feb 1, 2011
recc is a rip off. but what can you do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Traveler 149,017
Lynn and Cloyd burkhart aka toe 2 hr cuz 4
Taco Bell in Manchester is a joke 2 hr loaderman 8
phillips diversvied ' hard to say goodbye to you . (May '14) 6 hr oveun 33
Brian Sizemore "Big A" 7 hr On my mind 1
where is shawn gibson now days Thu bg Eyes 7
what about them collins (Apr '09) Wed Guest 104

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages