Ken Bolin should keep wet and dry out...

Ken Bolin should keep wet and dry out of his church

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Slickcarson

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Apr 16, 2011
To start with he's not from Clay Co., he's just another holly-roller preacher, that will go alone with the crooked bunch of politics in Clay Co. They want to say who can bootleg and who can not. I don't beleive no preacher should tell anybody how to vote. He's supposed to be saving soles, not assholes. He's about as phoney as they come.
Amen

London, KY

#2 Apr 16, 2011
Slickcarson wrote:
To start with he's not from Clay Co., he's just another holly-roller preacher, that will go alone with the crooked bunch of politics in Clay Co. They want to say who can bootleg and who can not. I don't beleive no preacher should tell anybody how to vote. He's supposed to be saving soles, not assholes. He's about as phoney as they come.
Brother tell it like it is and he aint the only one.
yep

Sheridan, AR

#3 Apr 16, 2011
I know someone that bootlegged for many years and the sheriff at that time would send someone to their house to get his pay off and they would also give that person a pint. I am sure stuff like that still goes on today so all you are doing by staying dry is keeping the crooks in business.
dadgum

El Paso, AR

#4 Apr 16, 2011
all these county churches need to stay out of politics all together ,they like to stick their noses into everything ,this county should vote wet for all sales of alcohol so people besides the elected officials can maybe open a business ,KEN BOLIN & DOUG ABNER are a joke
cogwc member

London, KY

#5 Apr 16, 2011
well jesus turned the water into wine and watched the folk drink it.
but what i cant understand is the preacher is against drinking, but will preach this sermon and try to twist what proof the wine was.and the bible says it was the best they had ever tasted.
cogwc member

London, KY

#6 Apr 16, 2011
dadgum wrote:
all these county churches need to stay out of politics all together ,they like to stick their noses into everything ,this county should vote wet for all sales of alcohol so people besides the elected officials can maybe open a business ,KEN BOLIN & DOUG ABNER are a joke
i agree with you 100%. i think preachers dont want their members to drink because they know alcohol gives a man courage and they are afraid their members will get the redass on how they are used for their tithes.
Roger

Manchester, KY

#7 Apr 16, 2011
Just my opinion, but I think God is a just and reasonable higher power and would not condemn anyone to Hell for drinking a beer, having a glass of wine, and enjoying and celebrating their life events with family and friends! Just my two cents! Cheers!
honest

London, KY

#8 Apr 16, 2011
Well first of all preachers dont save souls....God does....second you need to learn to spell souls.
And u need to attend church and see how the story really is told about God turning the water into wine.
Sounds like the preachers need to be on their knees prayimg that Clay co stays dry.Eventually the bootleggers and the law that takes payffs wil get theirs.Lets praay that they get under conviction and get saved
Observer

Mayfield, KY

#9 Apr 16, 2011
Ken since you believe everyone is predestined to either accept Christ or not then why are you worried about wet/dry? YOUR people have already been determined and it will not affect those predestined Christians in any way if Manchester goes wet.
So help me to understand why you care? You can't believe in a visitation program if you believe in predestination can you? Your church, Big Creek Baptist and Greenbriar Presbyterian should keep your opinions out of this issue because you all believe in predestination.....so why do you even care?
cogwc member

London, KY

#10 Apr 16, 2011
i believe in seperation of church and state matters ,if the churches dont then let them pay their fair share of local and state taxes like all other businesses do after all church is a business that is based around money, money, money ....money.
most everyone should realize that wet/dry has nothing to do with illeagel bootlegging.but that a store has rules to follow to sell it.ken doug,and steve should not be eating at resturants that sell beer if they are so against it.
So True

London, KY

#11 Apr 16, 2011
cogwc member wrote:
i believe in seperation of church and state matters ,if the churches dont then let them pay their fair share of local and state taxes like all other businesses do after all church is a business that is based around money, money, money ....money.
most everyone should realize that wet/dry has nothing to do with illeagel bootlegging.but that a store has rules to follow to sell it.ken doug,and steve should not be eating at resturants that sell beer if they are so against it.
I am a grown woman and I respect Doug, Ken and Steve for what they do for their churches but they sure aren't going to influence me as to how I should vote in a wet or dry election. My family and I will make that decision my ourselvesf and right now and probably when it comes time to vote, we will all vote wet for the better of our community.
kashi

Sheridan, AR

#12 Apr 17, 2011
if ken is against it,he should not go to restaurants that serve alcohol in corbin.
Exactly

London, KY

#13 Apr 17, 2011
kashi wrote:
if ken is against it,he should not go to restaurants that serve alcohol in corbin.
That is right or any other retaurant that serves alcohol and if they won't to stop drinking, which in moderation is actually very good for you, then they should start in their own churches and quit worrying about the rest of the county. That's all I got to say about that !!
b hubbard

London, KY

#14 Apr 17, 2011
I just wonder how much money did Ken and Doug make on sales of the Appalachan Dawn DVD ? I also wonder if these same men helped the poor lost people that has od in last three months ? Or helped their family pay funeral cost and bills. This is what the lord wanted men and women to do for other poor down on their luck
the one

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2011
It's amazing how much some preachers make at their churches, especially at the larger ones. What's funny, most of the televangelists won't even tell the public just how much they are making!!! If you want to potentially make oodles of cash with absolutely no public disclosure at all, then the ministry is where to make it!!! Benny Hinn was one of the most predictable ones, and people had come forward and stated that some of his handlers TOLD them how to act at a certain moment when in front of him!!! That's incredibly shameful if true, and shows what happens when money corrupts a church.
Worthless

Manchester, KY

#16 Apr 19, 2011
Benny Hinn is going to hell, like ever other so call preacher that make money their ltttle God. I've been to several churchs an no preacher has ever laid hands on me and knowed me down. Benni Hinn is a FAKE.
truth

Somerset, KY

#17 Apr 19, 2011
Clay County is already wet. I don't care where you live in this county, anyone (whether you drink or not) knows someone who sells alcoholic beverages within 30 minutes of your house. If the pastors and church congregation want to curb drinking in this county they should meet across the road from the bootleggers homes on Sunday after church and protest. This may deter the bootleggers. But, my opinion is that the booleggers and drug dealers donate too much money to the offering each Sunday and there will be nothing done to offend these people.I challenge all pastors and Christians to form a protest each Sunday at a different dealers home.
snowball

Madisonville, KY

#18 Apr 19, 2011
I vote NO no no no no alcohol
imo

Sheridan, AR

#19 Apr 19, 2011
Vote no and keep the Bootleggers in business and the crooked politicians that they pay off.
Hardworker

Georgetown, KY

#20 Apr 20, 2011
snowball wrote:
I vote NO no no no no alcohol
I guess you will be the first one to go after the bootleggers since you are so against alcohol. I will vote no if you stop the sale of alcohol by the bootleggers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min even funnier 138,489
Pop 18 min Tired of takers 20
best gas station in town 1 hr Lindsey 27
found woody montoya (Sep '08) 16 hr bill 18
anyone familar with the bike club Southern Brot... (Nov '08) 22 hr Shut up 160
james harris poker king suger daddy for angie n... Mon mrwhite 2
Looking for HUD approved home to rent Mon anna 3
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]