'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121615 Sep 8, 2013
Rand Paul On Syria Vote:'This Is Not Constitutional Theater'

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Sunday that he won't filibuster a vote on use of force against Syria, but he will fight to ensure President Barack Obama cannot act without congressional approval.

"I will insist on at least one vote where we try to say, hey, this is not political show," Paul said on "Fox News Sunday." "This is not constitutional theater, this is a binding vote."

It remains unclear whether there are enough votes in Congress to authorize strikes on Syria, a move both chambers will discuss this week when they return from the August recess. Obama announced last week that he would turn to Congress for a vote, but hasn't ruled out acting even if members vote against his plan.

Paul said he will introduce an amendment that prohibits the president from doing so.

"I will insist there is full debate on this and I will insist that I get an amendment and my amendment will say the vote is binding," he said. "That the president cannot, if we vote him down, decide to go to war anyway."

Paul said last week that he would not filibuster a Syria vote, and made the same point on Sunday.

"The filibuster can delay temporarily a vote but can't put a vote off forever," he said. "It can be used to get something you want. Filibustering to try to get an amendment to a bill is sometimes worthwhile, filibustering to try to get information from the administration is worthwhile.

But it can't ultimately defeat the resolution."
Paul said he does not think U.S. airstrikes would help the Syrian people because President Bashar Assad would likely remain in power.

"When I see the horror of those attacks, my first impulse is that whoever would order that deserves death," he said. "Someone who is a war criminal who would execute citizens and kill innocent people with any kind of weapon deserves death."

He continued: "But the question is the attack -- as I have seen the plan, as I have heard about the plan from the administration -- is not to target Assad, not to target regime change and to really be so surgical and so specific that it doesn't affect the outcome of war."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/08/rand...

It's not the GRANDrand theater either, although he jumps on every opportunity to make it that. Looks like some REAL facts given to Congress has him back peddling .. for now.

If all those REAL GENERALS believe we can make them pay with no boots on the ground then I believe them. THEY would know. It's THEIR job as well as their experience to advise the PRESIDENT. Something you repukes just don't get. Dumbass CONS.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#121616 Sep 8, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there are other places than KY, however being from there I know where the DMV is, in the Courthouse,(Circuit Court Clerks office to be exact) where the warrants are issued, and why would someone with an active warrant not vote,especially when they are paid, and given a ride? They don't check for warrant's in any polling place I'm aware of!
I have yet to see ANY evidence that anyone is being paid to vote.
People with warrants tend not to be very civic minded :P
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121617 Sep 8, 2013
Newt Gingrich Talks 'Crossfire' Teleprompter Issues, CNN's Hillary Clinton Movie

Newt Gingrich has been preparing for the debut of "Crossfire," and the new CNN host said in a Friday conference call that he is still adjusting to using a teleprompter.

Gingrich and his co-hosts Stephanie Cutter, Van Jones and S.E. Cupp spent the past week rehearsing for the revived debate show, which premieres Monday at 6:30 p.m. When asked what has surprised him during rehearsal, Gingrich said that the "technical" aspect of being on cable news has required getting used to.

"Getting cued to go to the teleprompter is much more disruptive if your normal behavior is to be the guest," the former Speaker of the House told reporters on Friday. "As the guest, you don’t care that they’re screaming, you know, get out, get out, you know?"

He added, "At least in my case because I learned slower than these other guys, we have been practicing just at basic stuff, which I never experienced when I was the guest."

Sam Feist, CNN's Washington bureau chief, noted that the debate show is unscripted and that the teleprompter is used to introduce subjects and cut to commercial breaks.

Gingrich, a former Republican presidential hopeful and ex-Fox News contributor, has of course had plenty of airtime on cable news. Al Sharpton — another public figure turned cable news host — might be able to relate to Gingrich's experience, though. When Sharpton began hosting the 6 p.m. hour on MSNBC, he famously had trouble with his teleprompter — and was later mocked for it on "Saturday Night Live."

Gingrich also addressed the lingering controversy over CNN's planned Hillary Clinton documentary, which led the GOP to promise that the network would be banned from any 2016 debates.

Gingrich said that he hoped that the network would give political figures "equal time," but he mostly dismissed the controversy. "I don’t see it as a giant deal and I don’t think Hillary’s survival or failure are going to rest on these two documentaries," he said.

CNN officially announced the return of "Crossfire" and the hosts in June. Feist said Friday that the revived show will bear some differences from its predecessor, which was famously canceled in 2005.

The new show, for example, will focus on one subject for the duration of the half hour, and also include a feature called "Ceasefire" where the hosts will try to find areas of agreement.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/newt...

Mark O'Mara, George Zimmerman Lawyer, Joins CNN As Legal Analyst
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/mark...

Damn, did fauxbox buy cnn? hahaha And lQQkie, ole noot has problems with teleprompters. hahahaha

That's PRICELESS.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

United States

#121618 Sep 8, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Z :)
Do that.
You're Welcome AL...!!
Just to see images of the skulls and think, that was human beings, what animal will do something like that?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121619 Sep 8, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
...and in Dimocrat counties, the sheriff is the one buying votes with beer and liquor! They also organize free rides to the local voting polls!
The free rides are for everyone. Democrat or Republican. You have something against helping people vote?
As to the beer and liquor, buying votes is state crime. I suggest reporting it to the state police.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121620 Sep 8, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to see ANY evidence that anyone is being paid to vote.
People with warrants tend not to be very civic minded :P
Then how did Obama get elected?
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121621 Sep 8, 2013
Charlie Rose Interviews Syria's Bashar Al-Assad In Damascus

Charlie Rose interviewed Syria's president Bashar al-Assad in Damascus on Sunday.

CBS News' Bob Schieffer announced the news on "Face the Nation" Sunday. The full interview will air on the "Charlie Rose Show" Monday night — the same day as President Obama's recorded interviews with six networks. Portions of the interview will also air on Monday's "CBS This Morning," and other platforms across CBS News.

Rose previewed the interview on Sunday, speaking on the phone from Beirut. He told Schieffer that al-Assad "denied that he had anything to do with the attack."

Rose traveled to the palace in Damascus for the sit-down. He was accompanied by Jeff Fager, the president of CBS News. The interview comes as the White House attempts to make the case for U.S. military intervention in Syria.

It is the first interview that al-Assad has given to an American news network in two years. Barbara Walters sat down with him in Syria in 2011. The conflict in Syria has been notoriously difficult and dangerous for journalists to cover. Twenty-eight journalists were killed in Syria in 2012, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists, while kidnapping remains a persistent threat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/08/char...

Wow, fauxbox didn't jump on that one. hahaha Be sure and tune in so you can see him DENY he did it. You repukes will love him. Put him up there with your snowden hero. Can't believe they would lower themselves to give him air time. Anything for a buck.

You might be a republiCON if you believe that the only honest news broker is Fox News.

You might be a republiCON if you call the media liberal, so that people forget that the media
is owned by corporations with a conservative fiscal agenda

Typical CON media. Keep trying lying lemming loons.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Paul Harvey

Oak Grove, KY

#121622 Sep 8, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
...and in Dimocrat counties, the sheriff is the one buying votes with beer and liquor! They also organize free rides to the local voting polls!
Aren't the free rides legal?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121623 Sep 8, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
But Bush's did? There was no terrorist attacks during Clinton's presidency, right? Stop it...!!!!!
I mentioned nothing about Clinton, nor did I mention attacks during Bush's time.
I don't know what you are trying to respond to.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#121624 Sep 8, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess 'you'
have MEMORY LOSS
about the websites I put on here
ABOUT
Ballot Petition FRAUD ...!!!
To get thee hildebeast AND the 0
on the 'ballot' in Indiana!
AND
WHY the 'Repubs' CAN NOT fight it!
``````````
Why the GOP won’t challenge vote fraud
Posted on November 15, 2012 by Dr. Eowyn
Friends and Patriots,
It’s major duct tape time ’cause you’ll need it to keep your head from exploding.
Are you ready for this?
Here we go ...
There is now compelling and undeniable evidence that MAJOR vote fraud had been perpetrated in the November 2012 Election. See FOTM’s posts chronicling the extensive pervasive fraud by going to our “2012 Election”[http://fellowshipofm inds.wordpress.com/election-20 12/] page below our FOTM masthead, and click on those post links colored dark green.
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2012/1...
The radical Frightwing - RightWing websites you list are from the American Taliban. Have you noticed that?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121625 Sep 8, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's Policy:
Find Osama Bin Laden then run the other way.
Remember Tora Bora?
War in Afghanistan: Battle of Tora Bora
http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/afghanist...

Tora Bora

Tora Bora is a ---world famous cave complex--- located in the White Mountains (Safed Koh) of Eastern Afghanistan. In the local language Pashto, Tora Bora can be literally translated as Black Dust. Tora Bora caves are approximate 50km west of the Khyber Pass and 10km north of the Pakistani border.
http://afghanistan.saarctourism.org/tora-bora...

How 'complex' are the caves in Tora Bora ...???

Tora Bora cave complex bombed, assaulted by Coalition forces
04/07/2007
By Matt Dupee

The Tora Bora cave complex, an entrenched network of caves and tunnels carved into the Safed Koh mountain range on the Nangarhar-Pakistan border, sustained a withering barrage of Coalition air strikes over the last 24 hours. A band of ‘Arab, Chechen and Pakistani’ militants numbering close to 300 allegedly reoccupied the infamous mountain redoubt earlier last month. The group is thought to be loyal to the late Yonuis Kahlis’s son, Anwar ul-Haq Mujahid who leads a Taliban splinter group called Tora Bora Nizami Mahaz, or the Tora Bora Military Front (TBMF).

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthre...

ALL @ the 'click' of a BUTTON!
The SEARCH one ...
AFTER you have the "intelligence'==='fortitu de'
AND
NON laziness ...
to
*WANT TO*

Find the TRUTH!
-n-
R~E~S~E~A~R~C~H ...!!!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121626 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I damn sure know it was the normal practice in eastern KY ARI!
Yet you left it unreported?
Shame on you.
You would happen to have any supporting evidence. I would be very interested in seeing it.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121627 Sep 8, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Welcome AL...!!
Just to see images of the skulls and think, that was human beings, what animal will do something like that?
How about Syria's Bashar Al-Assad chemtrail?

Hope you continue to see those images as well as the skin dying and peeling off of little kids and their momma's bodies as they lay there dying. Try that while you are blowing shit out your ass on here about our PRESIDENT. YOU are disgusting clueless foreign idiot who needs to read the HISTORY you claim you know about ALL PRESIDENTS and their wars. Especially dumya's.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“Hot C can't explain it...”

Since: Apr 13

...but he'll hold your hand

#121628 Sep 8, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Welcome AL...!!
throat slitting hyenas...like you
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121629 Sep 8, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The free rides are for everyone. Democrat or Republican. You have something against helping people vote?
As to the beer and liquor, buying votes is state crime. I suggest reporting it to the state police.
Vote Fraud in Clay County and the Hanged Census Worker
By: emptywheel Thursday September 24, 2009 7:21 am

By now, you’ve probably heard the horrible story about the census worker and teacher found hanged in Clay County, KY with the word "fed" written on his chest.

Before we assume that this apparent homicide was a response solely to the attacks Michele Bachmann and others have made on the census, it’s worth recalling how Clay County made news earlier this year, when a bunch of local officials were indicted for vote fraud.

http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2009/09/24/...

White Collar Villains: Sentencing Begins In Massive Kentucky Election-Fixing Conspiracy
By Chris Parker
Friday, March 11, 2011 at 9:00 am
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/03/white_...

Former Clay County Election Commissioner Sentenced 20 Years for Racketeering and Voter Fraud Conspiracies
http://www.fbi.gov/louisville/press-releases/...

Lotta a good it DID!

Appeals court orders new trials for 8 in Clay County vote-buying conspiracy case

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/17/2717962/ap...

TOTAL "waste" of taxpayer $$$...!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#121630 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Then how did Obama get elected?
Read the frightwing hatewing rightwing post on here and ask if a person knew nothing which side would they choose to be on. Fear sells to weak minded fools but hate turns off most voters.
OZombies

United States

#121631 Sep 8, 2013
http://nypost.com/2008/10/10/1-voter-72-regis...

NEW YORK POST

1 VOTER, 72 REGISTRATIONS
October 10, 2008 / 8:00 AM

(This is why Obama won. Read DemoCONS ...!!)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121632 Sep 8, 2013
Fox News Host: If You Don’t Like Having Christianity Shoved Down Your Throat, Leave (VIDEO)

Religious liberty is under threat. Not by non-believers, but by Christian fundamentalists who want to turn America into a Christian state governed by their twisted version of Biblical law instead of the Constitution. Fox News host Dana Perino disagrees. She not only has no problem with forcing Christianity down our throats, she thinks anyone who has a problem with that can flee the country.

The fact is that the Pledge of Allegiance does violate religious freedom by including the Christian deity within it. It gives the false impression that America was founded as a Christian nation devoted entirely to God and renders other religious beliefs and those of non-believers to a second-class status or inferior. But that’s not how the Constitution was written. The Constitution expressly forbids government from respecting an establishment of religion. In 1954, after nearly 180 years, a Republican-controlled Congress did exactly that by adding “under God” to the pledge and “In God We Trust” to our currency, thus violating the religious rights that had been enjoyed in this country since its founding.
That wall doesn’t just give people freedom of religion, it also gives people freedom FROM religion. And if people like Dana Perino can’t accept that fact, she’s free to leave the country.

“Because religious belief, or non-belief, is such an important part of every person’s life, freedom of religion affects every individual. State churches that use government power to support themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of the church tends to make the clergy unresponsive to the people and leads to corruption within religion. Erecting the “wall of separation between church and state,” therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society. We have solved the great and interesting question whether freedom of religion is compatible with order in government and obedience to the laws. And we have experienced the quiet as well as the comfort which results from leaving every one to profess freely and openly those principles of religion which are the inductions of his own reason and the serious convictions of his own inquiries.”
~President Thomas Jefferson, Speech to the Virginia Baptists, 1808

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/07/fox-n...

You might be a republiCON if you talk about Christian principles, but not live by them.

You might be a republiCON if you believe that freedom of religion is fine, as long as it is your religion.

I believe in the Separation of Church & Hate

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121633 Sep 8, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you left it unreported?
Shame on you.
You would happen to have any supporting evidence. I would be very interested in seeing it.
No need to start your nitpicking! It was reported and nothing was done. However they did send the Knott Co Judge Executive to jail as well as another Knott Co offical recently, look it up for yourself. Most of the dirty work is done the night before election, by underlings.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121634 Sep 8, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote Fraud in Clay County and the Hanged Census Worker
By: emptywheel Thursday September 24, 2009 7:21 am
By now, you’ve probably heard the horrible story about the census worker and teacher found hanged in Clay County, KY with the word "fed" written on his chest.
Before we assume that this apparent homicide was a response solely to the attacks Michele Bachmann and others have made on the census, it’s worth recalling how Clay County made news earlier this year, when a bunch of local officials were indicted for vote fraud.
http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2009/09/24/...
White Collar Villains: Sentencing Begins In Massive Kentucky Election-Fixing Conspiracy
By Chris Parker
Friday, March 11, 2011 at 9:00 am
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/03/white_...
Former Clay County Election Commissioner Sentenced 20 Years for Racketeering and Voter Fraud Conspiracies
http://www.fbi.gov/louisville/press-releases/...
Lotta a good it DID!
Appeals court orders new trials for 8 in Clay County vote-buying conspiracy case
Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/17/2717962/ap...
TOTAL "waste" of taxpayer $$$...!!!
Not the type of fraud government ID's would have prevented.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for 34 min Hoping 2
Who should be the next Clay County High School ... 53 min Truth 43
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 58 min dollarsbill 131,915
Review: Raintree Apartments 1 hr barbaraannwhite 1
Strange 4 wheeler activity on Rt. 66 6 hr Know all to well 11
lil boy 11 hr Crippled Fact 22
again 15 hr seen her 2
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal