Richie Farmer indicted on federal charges of misusing state funds

Apr 22, 2013 Full story: The Courier-Journal 109

Former Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer has been indicted by a federal grand jury, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Lexington announced Monday morning.

Full Story
Benji

Lexington, KY

#46 Apr 26, 2013
politically correct wrote:
I love how they call it misuse of state funds instead of what it really is, theft. He is a thief, plan and simple.
You are totally correct!! But this big chicken says he is innocent. Well.... the UK Power is fading away.
aaa

Alamosa, CO

#48 Apr 26, 2013
???
Go Louisville

Williamsburg, KY

#49 Apr 26, 2013
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! ha ha ha ha ha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! ha ha ha ha ha!

http://lexpatriates.files.wordpress.com/2009/...
wondering

Bloomington, IN

#50 Apr 27, 2013
Does he still have his new girlfriend
Big blue fan

Duluth, GA

#51 Apr 27, 2013
Don't forget what he has done for the state!! Just made some mistake should not be handled legal but by the voters at the poles. Give him a warning!!
Hmm

Winchester, KY

#53 Apr 27, 2013
Big blue fan wrote:
Don't forget what he has done for the state!! Just made some mistake should not be handled legal but by the voters at the poles. Give him a warning!!
Yea, he tried to bankrupt the state for his own benefit is exactly what he did for the state. And he got his "pole" handled by his girlfriend on state time while he was still married. Anyone he thinks he just needs a warning needs their head examined.
David Williams

Williamsburg, KY

#54 Apr 27, 2013
He will pay the money

London, KY

#55 Apr 28, 2013
He will have to pay the hole unite States and I think he will

“Thinking Fellers Local 420”

Since: Nov 11

Harlan Gas, KY

#56 Apr 28, 2013
He will pay the money wrote:
He will have to pay the hole unite States and I think he will
I think what you meant to say was:

He will pay for jailhouse cigarettes by offering his hole to Will, his cellmate.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#57 Apr 28, 2013
Wow i do not understand some of you people you call him a hero for the state of Kentucky and that kids should think of him as such,he is no hero he has stole from the county, state and from the U.S and the great people of UK. He has cheated on his wife and kids. People say he has done so much for UK basketball program and how his team mates have went on to play for the NBA and made alot of money and that had to hurt his pride because he hated to lose. Well i have always thought of a hero is a man or women that has fault for our freedom or saved someone's life or tried to save someone's life and the Police man/women or a Fireman or women that put there life on the line every day for our safety. Not a crook who played or sit the bench on a team that he should not have been on in the first place and thats why his team mates made the big money in the NBA not taking from the people who put him in the U.S Gov, and can anyone please tell me what he has done for Manchester one of the poorest city's in the State of Kentucky? Nothing but make us look bad and the people of the UK. Sorry but that's no hero that is a zero in my book. I know that people will not like what i have said but this is just my thought's. If it look's like turd and float's and smells like a turd than it is a turd. We need tell our kids who are the real Hero's not some washed up basketball player from the 80's who is wanted by the Gov for stealing.
weezy

London, KY

#58 Apr 28, 2013
Uhhh


United States

Reply

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Tuesday Apr 23




Judged:

1

1

1


weezy wrote:

I have to wonder if all this would have happened if him and david williams had of won the governers seat.
I seriously doubt it. Isnt the legal system wonderful here in America.
Just think. williams is now a judge here in kentucky. All those poor souls that have to go in front of him should probably have him as a cell mate instead of him being the judge that sentences them.
David Williams didn't get indicted for anything. All that pot smoking has affected your thinking.

Maybe if you would smoke some you would actually be able to read properly. I didnt say David Williams was indicted for anything. My question was would farmer have been indicted if him and williams would have won the governors election.
Williams had to have known what farmer was up to. I dont believe you can run for an office like that without somebody digging into every aspect of your life yet williams still had him for a running mate.
penis puffer did I say that having gay sex has affected your thinking? Of course in your case the chances would be really high that it has wouldnt it.
Uhhh

Williamsburg, KY

#59 Apr 28, 2013
weezy wrote:
Just think. williams is now a judge here in kentucky. All those poor souls that have to go in front of him should probably have him as a cell mate instead of him being the judge that sentences them.
Farmer was a reasonable choice as a running mate since he was a fairly popular Republican who had also won a statewide office. The Lieutenant Governor's office has really no responsibilities, so Farmer's only draw had to have been his popularity with state voters. Williams was unpopular in Frankfort and not well liked in Republican circles, a quote I once heard said, "Williams would have lost if he had ran with Jesus.", often comes to mind.

Of course conspiracists have suggested this was all a scheme concocted by Democrats, with willing participation by Williams, to remove Farmer from political contention. Williams knew he would lose the Governor's race but at the same time win a quid pro quo judgeship, his reward for sacrificing Farmer. Can you say Judas?

And, just in case Farmer figured out he was set up and decided to later run again for state office, siccing the Feds on him for alleged improprieties while head of the Ag Department would certainly be the nail in his political coffin.

I for one would rather battle the Mafia, Al-Qaeda and the IRS than go up against Kentucky state Democrats.
Uhhh

Williamsburg, KY

#60 Apr 28, 2013
weezy wrote:
penis puffer did I say that having gay sex has affected your thinking? Of course in your case the chances would be really high that it has wouldnt it.
Oh, and what is this fatuation you have with penises?
Question

Duluth, GA

#61 Apr 28, 2013
In federal court do they have a jury trail or is it in a judges hands if found guilty and because federal goes by guidelines so x charge= amount of months for the charge if your found guilty of....??Just woundering because it will be extremely hard to find 12 people to convict Richie Farmer because there will be a Kentucky basketball diehard super fan that will not or can't convicted him ??
Richie Farmer

Duluth, GA

#62 Apr 28, 2013
Is a prick that thought he was better than you, did not consider helping the all average person or something in return. Well he turned his nose up at me more than once like he was to good or like I owed him something. I hope he gets at least a 60 month sentance out of this but it will be a difficult task to find or convince twelve jurors to convicte and convicted him in this state. And what if he had become Lt. Governor, now that would be like giving him the Key to the city or access to the gold in Fort Knox, this state would of been broke in four yrs.
Hmm

Martin, KY

#63 Apr 29, 2013
Question wrote:
In federal court do they have a jury trail or is it in a judges hands if found guilty and because federal goes by guidelines so x charge= amount of months for the charge if your found guilty of....??Just woundering because it will be extremely hard to find 12 people to convict Richie Farmer because there will be a Kentucky basketball diehard super fan that will not or can't convicted him ??
Hell,I was a big fan of his when he played, paid money to watch him on the Unforgettables tour, and voted for him even though I am a Democrat.

But as a state worker, I hate what he has done. Regular folks have been laid off and had to take furlough days that they cant afford while he spent state money like it was going out of style.

He isnt sorry for what he did and all he is worried about is going to Mexico with his new sweetie--who he put on the payroll for doing nothing but giving him blowjobs.

I wouldnt have a problem with locking him away for awhile so he can think about what he has done.
hatesbackbiters

London, KY

#64 Apr 29, 2013
Babbyface wrote:
Wow i do not understand some of you people you call him a hero for the state of Kentucky and that kids should think of him as such,he is no hero he has stole from the county, state and from the U.S and the great people of UK. He has cheated on his wife and kids. People say he has done so much for UK basketball program and how his team mates have went on to play for the NBA and made alot of money and that had to hurt his pride because he hated to lose. Well i have always thought of a hero is a man or women that has fault for our freedom or saved someone's life or tried to save someone's life and the Police man/women or a Fireman or women that put there life on the line every day for our safety. Not a crook who played or sit the bench on a team that he should not have been on in the first place and thats why his team mates made the big money in the NBA not taking from the people who put him in the U.S Gov, and can anyone please tell me what he has done for Manchester one of the poorest city's in the State of Kentucky? Nothing but make us look bad and the people of the UK. Sorry but that's no hero that is a zero in my book. I know that people will not like what i have said but this is just my thought's. If it look's like turd and float's and smells like a turd than it is a turd. We need tell our kids who are the real Hero's not some washed up basketball player from the 80's who is wanted by the Gov for stealing.
You said it right, I am sick of hearing about how great he was good lord money paid to UK coach at the time to even put him on the team. Eddie Sutton!
Funny

Pikeville, KY

#65 Apr 29, 2013
The tax payers would like to have their money back so they could go on A nice vacation to Mexico. He is no one special let him set home just like the rest of us and our sweeties. That is what I think.
Funny

Chantilly, VA

#66 Apr 30, 2013
It's funny how the Eastern Kentucky crowd has turned on their great hero.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#67 Apr 30, 2013
He is attractive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stay in Clay and the millers 57 min burr43 32
Ashley collis 1 hr AshleyFan 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr heymf 131,397
Kentucky Needs Grimes 3 hr Ole Dog 38
gay people isnt exceptable!!!! (Aug '11) 3 hr hate it 113
nathan martin 4 hr Stands With Fist 12
sextons creek 4 hr Heresay 5
School Board Tax 9 hr Unfair 90
Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester Jobs

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]