First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“journal the journey”

Since: Jul 07

Reading, Ohio

#1 Sep 3, 2009
I can't find the original thread on the murder of Jimmy Mills, but just an update.

Brock Bowling lost his appeal and we are going to court in November!

Since: Feb 07

Clay County

#2 Sep 3, 2009
Rhonda J wrote:
I can't find the original thread on the murder of Jimmy Mills, but just an update.
Hey Rhonda, glad for the update. I saw your post and had to respond. Its great to see you on here.
justahoreRHONDA

AOL

#3 Sep 4, 2009
Rhonda J wrote:
AWWW.TAKE A LOOK AT THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY,THAT PATHETIC FACE TELLS THE STORY,THAT IS THE NASTIEST CLEPT LIP AIDS PACKIN CHICKENSH!t B!tCH THAT EVER DISGRACED HUMANITY
bren

Sheridan, AR

#4 Sep 4, 2009
justahoreRHONDA wrote:
<quoted text>AWWW.TAKE A LOOK AT THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY,THAT PATHETIC FACE TELLS THE STORY,THAT IS THE NASTIEST CLEPT LIP AIDS PACKIN CHICKENSH!t B!tCH THAT EVER DISGRACED HUMANITY
keep up the good work Rhonda ! you get under there skin!!!
bren

Sheridan, AR

#5 Sep 4, 2009
Rhonda J wrote:
tell what happened on this new post. let every one know what they did

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#6 Sep 4, 2009
Bookworm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rhonda, glad for the update. I saw your post and had to respond. Its great to see you on here.
call me sometime, its been forever! I stay away from topix but I had to let everyone know what was going on..........
I can't find the original thread but I have heard before when something is going to trial they remove threads like this one........

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#7 Sep 4, 2009
bren wrote:
<quoted text> keep up the good work Rhonda ! you get under there skin!!!
and that I do.....
just wonding

London, KY

#8 Sep 4, 2009
Rhonda J wrote:
I have been keeping up with this ...great job he lost his appeal he goes to jail Or his he out .. I heard him and his ex wife are out of state?

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#9 Sep 4, 2009
just wonding wrote:
<quoted text>I have been keeping up with this ...great job he lost his appeal he goes to jail Or his he out .. I heard him and his ex wife are out of state?
He gets new trial, according to the original appeal there was enough evidence to grant a new trial against Brock for the murder. He had motive and the fact that he was seen in the area in which Jimmy's vehicle was recovered.

I am not sure what evidence will be entered, but at least he didn't win his appeal and we get a new trial and a new chance to see justice served!

Brock tried and lost the appeal........great news for us!

Yes we have heard that Buffy is living with Brock.
Brock was ordered to Leave Ky after winning the first appeal and having a new trial granted. I believe they are living in Arkansas.

On the original thread a person was posting and had information on Brock and his bragging about the murder but that thread has been removed!

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#10 Sep 4, 2009
when I google the muder of Jimmy mills manchester ky topix I am able to find the original thread but can't seem to bring it to the front page

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#11 Sep 4, 2009
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/manchester-ky...

not sure if this will work but I found the thread through google......

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#12 Sep 4, 2009
I fight a battle every day
Against discouragement and fear;
Some foe stands always in my way,
The path ahead is never clear!
I must forever be on guard
Against the doubts that skulk along;
I get ahead by fighting hard,
But fighting keeps my spirit strong.

I hear the croakings of Despair,
The dark predictions of the weak;
I find myself pursued by Care,
No matter what the end I seek;
My victories are small and few,
It matters not how hard I strive;
Each day the fight begins anew,
But fighting keeps my hopes alive.

My dreams are spoiled by circumstance,
My plans are wrecked by Fate or Luck;
Some hour, perhaps, will bring my chance,
But that great hour has never struck;
My progress has been slow and hard,
I've had to climb and crawl and swim,
Fighting for every stubborn yard,
But I have kept in fighting trim.

I have to fight my doubts away,
And be on guard against my fears;
The feeble croaking of Dismay
Has been familiar through the years;
My dearest plans keep going wrong,
Events combine to thwart my will,
But fighting keeps my spirit strong,
And I am undefeated still!

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#13 Sep 4, 2009
Jimmy Mills body was found in 2003 wrapped in a tablecloth, covered in a garbage bag and dumped over the hill in Big Double Creek Park in Clay County. Evidence showed he was shot three times with a pistol at close range.

"I knew something was wrong because he was supposed to go to a meeting and he didn't show up to it," said Mills wife, Donna.

She visited his gravesite often, wondering what happened. It was two years before anyone was convicted for his murder. Eight people were charged in connection in someway with killing him in a trailer and dumping the body. Three men were finally convicted of his murder in 2005 on an accomplice principal meaning they couldn't prove who pulled the trigger. Now, two years after the conviction, the Supreme Court says there was more wrong with the case and unanimously have thrown out the murder conviction of brothers Tim and Shannon Finley and the conviction of Brock Bowling is sent back to the Clay County Circuit Court where he could get a new trial.

The Supreme Court cited several reasons for changing the decision made by a Clay County jury. It says the trial court did not give the jury the correct instructions for Tim and Shannon Finley or Brock B and says the Commonwealth's evidence did not prove that the brothers could be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The Supreme Court did however uphold the decision for Shannon Finley and Brock Bowlings' convictions for tampering with physical evidence. The court said the strongest case remained against Brock Bowling and reversed his murder conviction back to Clay County.

20 days to petition the Supreme Court for a rehearing has now come to an end and the attorney general says his office did not appeal it.

"Our attorneys looked at that and decided it would be fruitless to do that," said Attorney General Greg Stumbo.

We tried to contact Commonwealth Attorney Gary Gregory to see if his office would appeal the decision, but he did not return our calls. The Supreme Court says if it does not receive a petition by Thursday morning, the opinion will be finalized.

The department of corrections says it will wait on the Supreme Court to inform them on when the men can be released.

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#14 Sep 4, 2009
When viewed in its totality, the circumstantial evidence against Brock creates a
sufficiently detailed and complete picture of the crime upon which a jury could
find Brock guilty of Mills murder. The key difference in Brock's case, as opposed to
either Finley brothers, is that the commonwealth presented evidence placing Brock
with Mills prior to his death. Furthermore, the fact that Mill was shot three times at
close range is sufficient evidence from which the jury could conclude that the killing
was intentional. A jury can also infer intent from conduct subsequent to the crime,
including attempts to conceal the crime.

This was copied from the supreme courts ruling....

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#15 Sep 4, 2009
Gone but Not Forgotten
by Kelsey Y. Sheppard

You were so full of life,
Always smiling and carefree,
Life loved you being a part of it,
And I loved you being a part of me.
You could make anyone laugh,
If they were having a bad day,
No matter how sad I was,
You could take the hurt away.
Nothing could every stop you,
Or even make you fall,
You were ready to take on the world,
Ready to do it all.
But God decided he needed you,
So from this world you left,
But you took a piece of all of us,
Our hearts are what you kept.
Your seat is now empty,
And it's hard not to see your face,
But please always know this,
No one will ever take your place.
You left without a warning,
Not even saying good-bye,
And I can't seem to stop,
Asking the question why?
Nothing will ever be the same,
The halls are empty without your laughter,
But I know you're in Heaven,
Watching over us and looking after.
I didn't see this coming,
It hit me by surprise,
And when you left this world,
A small part of me died.
Your smile could brighten anyone's day,
No matter what they were going through,
And I know everyday for the rest of my life,
I'll be missing you.

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#16 Sep 4, 2009
THE BROKEN CHAIN

We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name,

In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone,

For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide,

And though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.

Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same,

But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#17 Sep 4, 2009
Mills went home and spent the evening with his wife, Donna Mills. The next
morning, Mills left around 7:45 a .m. According to Donna, his plan was to meet with his
attorney in London at 2:00 p.m . and then travel to the Cincinnati airport to retrieve his
luggage, which had been abandoned upon his arrest in Atlanta. He further explained
that he wanted Brock Bowling to accompany him, but that Brock's wife had a doctor's
appointment. Instead, Mills told Donna that Josh Crabtree would make the trip with him.

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#18 Sep 4, 2009
Before he left, Mills also said to Donna, "I think they've robbed me," although he did not
clarify to whom he was referring. He then indicated that he was going to Brock's house,
and departed. When he left, according to Donna, Mills was wearing sweat pants. She
testified that he would not have gone to his attorney's office dressed that way, indicating
her belief that he intended to return home prior to leaving for the trip to London and Cincinnati

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#19 Sep 4, 2009
The following day, Mills' body was found at the bottom of a ravine in Big Double
Creek Park. The body was spotted by Donna Mills' cousin, Jimmy Henson, while he
was deer hunting.
Mills had been shot three,times with a pistol. The body was
wrapped in a tablecloth and covered with a garbage bag . An area rug was also found at
the crime scene; investigating officers surmised that the body had been wrapped in the
rug but had come loose as it rolled down the ravine .

“journal the journey”

Reading, Ohio

#20 Sep 4, 2009
Mary Begley, a neighbor of
Dennis Bowling, testified that the area rug looked "similar" to one that he owned .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Litti 135,071
tabitha lovins 6 hr Eddie 13
Tasha Treadway (Apr '13) 9 hr pooter 23
burning springs meth heads 9 hr name um 1
David Mathis aka redbone (Mar '14) 9 hr wade 6
D. Grentz (May '12) 10 hr so sorry to inform u 22
Should Kentucky put a limit on having kids 10 hr Noise as i can be 3
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web