Leroy

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

I have asked and asked to be a Coach. I have been an umpire and referee in this county for over 10 years. I have spent time away from my own family to help the youth out and let me guess what u are going to say.... Well if you were a ref and a ump then u got paid, yeah i got paid but it sure wasnt worth all the freaking headaches that is associated with it. I will volunteer to Coach since I am a male I will not work in the concession cause who wants a hardtail to fix their hotdogs and nachos with their nasty dickbeaters. I will not hide neither if you wanna meet we will meet. Have a meeting let me know where and when and what time, I will be there. The Board is made up of family and friend connection lets have a meeting open to the public let the parents and community share their inthoughts.
fanstand

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

well from what i hear scottie gets paid ever year, and he should because he works hard keeping up all the fields even when it rains, and the pay the Pres. and i don't know who that was last year does any body.But it was a mess, nobody was happy and the committee is a joke but anybody can join just go to the meetings is the way they done last year.
Ballpark M

Shamokin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

These meetings are not secret, if you are so concerned you'd make it your business to be there. In the 20+ years I've been a volunteer with at least one kid playing during that time, I've never heard tell of anybody being turned down who wanted to coach. Most of the time, they struggled to have enough coaches. Unless you're one of those who couldn't pass the background check the new rules require volunteers to get. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.
not telling anything

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

I think the people that run the park does a wonderful job. I didn't make my son quit the ballteam when Scotty cursed him it scared him he quit on his on choice. I really like scotty but i swear to you he got upset and cursed at the kid's If he had called and told my son he was only upset and he was sorry my son would have forgave him to this day not a word from him .my son is not a pussy for your info.He is a good kid that don't get cursed at home so why should he at a ballgame.
Kit Kat

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Leroy wrote:
Ask Andy Dowden, Fred Rogers, Larry Marcum they are all former coaches in little league betcha they can tell u there were 8 to 10 teams. Because of the people that is in control of the ballpark now, that is why we have no more than 3 little league teams every year. Lets look at something........ Tball has great turnout, Pony league great turnout, Girls softball so so, then all these kids get to the age of 11 and 12 then there is only 30 players at the most.... What has happened between those years, you go from having 70 kids to 30 what has happened? If the ballpark were ran the way it should be there would be more kids. You have dopeheads and excons for coaches, but you guys that run the ballpark and girls which it is the women that actually run it just like they run their own house cause they have bitch ass pussies for husbands. Anyways the ballpark has went to HELL. They will have to combine the age groups this year just to feild a little league team. So you are going to have kids that just turn 9 and 10 playing against 11 and 12 year olds. What fun that is watching your kid strike out everytime and never getting to play but he or she would play if their last name was Carnahan or Nicholson, what a freaking joke the ballpark has become.
NOW this really burns me up....Putting actual children's names on here becasue you are jelous of thier talent!!! Wow!!! The Carnahan boys are great athletes and the volenteer hours that thier dad has put into the park with coaching and maintenance of thier fields is amazing!
As for the NIcholson's...Corey is already getting letters from prestigious colleges as a JUNIOR to play baseball, thanks to the BAllpark. His dad is at the park several times a week maintaining the park etc.
These are good people that you are putting down on here and I don't appreciate it and I'm sure they won't either....The reason you feel that the ballparks is goind "down hill" is probably because your upset that your son or daughter didn't get picked on these all-star teams or had to sit in the dug-out on a nightly basis.....

People like you give Clay County a bad name, because you CANT appreciate what we have, you can only concentrate on the negitive prospectives and act out in jelously...I agree with most people on here...why don't you get your ass out there and run the ballpark the right way...bring all these bus loads of kids in to play little league ........maintain the fields....organize and buy the essentail produts for the consession stand...Schedule people to work the concession stands (that won't steal them blind)...Coach a team...Get the sponsorships for the teams...TEACH the children of Clay county the WAY LeROY "THINKS" baseball should be played (since you know it all of coarse)...Get sizes and uniforms made....Buy and order the field materials bases, fertilizer, etc......I"m sure there is more to it, but you get the point!

My advice for you is to stay away from the Children of Clay County...we don't need people like you at the ballpark (or in public) acting and saying comments like you do!!

IDIOT!!
bigdaddy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

my child will be in his last year of little leauge and he says he is not playing and i don't blame him he is one of the best players out there and over the past 4 years he has been shit on every way you could think of because his last name is not associated with money or not in the so called click so shit on baseball in clay county and if the best players cant play let,s keep on getting embarresed at all star time
Leroy

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

hahahahahahaha someone pissed u off the truth is a bitch isnt it. I wasnt talking bout ben carnahan or his boys neither was i talking bout Corey or his dad i was talking about robert nicholson. and bens sister missy. i like ben and his sister but she doesnt know how to run the ballpark and robert sure dont.

Kit kat tic toc the ballpark sucks because of people like u..........
Leroy

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

bigdaddy wrote:
my child will be in his last year of little leauge and he says he is not playing and i don't blame him he is one of the best players out there and over the past 4 years he has been shit on every way you could think of because his last name is not associated with money or not in the so called click so shit on baseball in clay county and if the best players cant play let,s keep on getting embarresed at all star time
Thank you thank you finally someone has spoken the truth. I agree 100% with you. Take your child to London and let him play over there, after he gets done playing in London fill your vehicle up with cheaper gas and buy food from there. Whenever I played i played because i was good not because my last name was whatever but it was cause i was good. Take your child to London were they will be treated equally.
Leroy

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

I was on the all star team every year and i started. I was the starting pitcher for the HIGH SCHOOL when i was in 8th grade. How many kids do that now? So say what you want i forgot more baseball than you will ever know.......
Beau

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Leroy wrote:
I was on the all star team every year and i started. I was the starting pitcher for the HIGH SCHOOL when i was in 8th grade. How many kids do that now? So say what you want i forgot more baseball than you will ever know.......
This is funny!
You apparently don't watch high school baseball often.
baseball mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

I totally agree with u guys
if you dont have money u r a nobody
and that is so stupid
Robert is stupid and Adam is no better than him
need some real coaches out this year
coaches that really care for all the kids not just their son that is not fair
Well

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Ballpark looks like a dead zone. The Mayor could do a little something for it, instead of trying to impress passerbyers in town with pretty little sidewalks. This park is an embarrassment!
bigdaddy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

talking about taking a kid to london is what i suggest any parent should do for there kid if the kid really loves baseball because we are light years behind north and south london for kids 9-10-11-12 year old kids until something changes i agree baseball in clay county is almost over,we have the worst ballpark in south eastern ky,i know what i'm talking about i have seen alot of different parks in our area BY FAR THE WORST.
Ilove kids and my feelings has nothing to do with any kids i have had the joy to watch alot of good games and players over the last 7 years so goodby ballpark-and to a streas free summer
experience counts

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

my child played in little league for seven years and at one point had scotty as a coach...never once did my child get critisized by scotty...and as far as fairness my child would be considered a "nobody" yet played all stars every year and is now in high school and can play every position as a freshman...this was because of the coaches in little league...get over yourselves...maybe put your child in golf...and if your child gets a little hard work thrown their way
and "constructive" criticism this will make them a better player because when they continue in high school they wont make it as an athlete without discipline and honesty on how they play...so put that in your damn pipe and smoke it
pete rose

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

AAU basketball. How can you play bb year round and work in another sport? They're already playing. They still can't win.
topics

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

well heres my opinion
my child has played at the ballpark for 4 years now. Let me tell you, he is awesome for his age and family politics does and will always play a role on who gets picked for allstars. My child was one of the most deserving children out on that field for allstars, but guess what we had 1 coach and 2 assistants and surprise who's kids get picked for all stars, you know the answer, well their's of course, not because they play better but because they put their time in as coaches and figured their children should get allstars. Now go ahead and tell me i'm wrong when the majority of the parents where shocked when my kid didn't get picked and even had a coach to call my home from another team and was in total disbelief. Well it didn't bother me much I knew what was going to happen anyway. Since my close family member sponsored and coached a team for many years told me from the get go you would get picked. It doesn't matter anyway at this point there children having fun. It matters when they get in high school and vie for schlorships. I know he won't get cheated then because guess what i've got the connections there. I will do what it takes, just like the ballpark coaches and family do in little league.
rude remarks and comments on my opinion is not necessary for I could really care less, I'm just bored and don't really get on topix much so guess what you won't get no big reaction from me if you disagree because it will probably be a while before I get back on here anyway.
Just thought I would drop my thoughts.
superwomen

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

You people get on here and talk about scotty cursing your child dont get on here go to his face. I would never put him down on here I would still be on him. But i do not beleive that Scotty would do such a thing I have knew Scotty all my life he has always been a good boy I have never heared the word shit come out of his mouth. And by the way my grandchild will be 3 in April do they have a Pony League or is it t-ball I would like for him to play on Scotty team or Stevie Collins if Stevie is coaching.
Leroy

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Looks like I have alot more people thats on my side that aint afraid to speak the truth. Adam Garrison, Scotty Smith, are the only two Coaches I would let Coach my child in Little League. I dont know any of the other age group coaches so I cant comment on them. What i am in the process of doing is setting up a time and date that we could all get together and field a Clay Co. little league team and load them up 3 times a week and take them to London. Like an All Star team from Clay that will play in the London League. If any of you parents are tired of the way your kids are being treated year after year then lets get together and chat.
A Parent

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

You speak of "political bullshit" then bring Dowden and Rogers into this. Are you serious?
And how does 70 kids make 10 little league teams? You playing with 7 kids per team?
How are you going to field a all-star team to travel to London 3 times a week? Are they going to quit their regular seasons here to do it? As if a Laurel County league would let them play if the team was formed.
If I had a child in that age group and I knew you were going to be involved I would heed your advise and travel to London for you present yourself to be a lieing "8th grade starting pitcher for CCHS", ignorant "70 kids makes 10 teams", foul mouthed person.
Cherry

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Leroy wrote:
BUT HEY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO DO OTHER THINGS LIKE PLAY IN LONDON. CLAY COUNTY IS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO LIVE.
THEN LEAVE!!!!!!!!!
WE NEED POSITIVE PEOPLE IN OUR COUNTY AS ROLE MODELS FOR OUR CHILDREN AND THE FUTURE OF OUR BALLPARK!
NOT YOU and YOUR MOUTH!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min LMS 127,935
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min LMS 144,840
Tree Trimming 36 min The Ole Man 1
Donya Foutch 4 hr A mom 2
Why WKLB 5 hr I Think 8
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr Anne 52 81,549
Laurel Creek Health Care (Oct '13) 7 hr Well 25
•••
•••
•••
Manchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••