First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smokey

Manchester, KY

#1 Sep 12, 2012
Kentucky will vote on legalizing medical marijuana Jan 2013.. Any thoughts ??
weezy

London, KY

#2 Sep 12, 2012
yeah where did you get that info
cannabis sativa

Bonnyman, KY

#3 Sep 12, 2012
weezy wrote:
yeah where did you get that info
My thoughts exactly.
Joe Kerr

Pataskala, OH

#4 Sep 12, 2012
It's been introduced into the 2013 legislative session. It DOES NOT mean there will be a vote. In fact there most likely will not be a vote. It will be a longshot if the bill even makes it out of committee.
weezy

Somerset, KY

#5 Sep 13, 2012
thats exactly why everyone of us should be on the phone with our senator and congressman. Let them know you want it to be made legal in all sense of the word.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6 Sep 14, 2012
Try to focus on Hemp for now, you have a good man name James Comer who is your Agriculture Commissioner wants to introduce growing hemp in KY. Unfortunately, you have a lot of politicians who are totally ignorant of the facts. Senator Mitch McConnell is clueless about what hemp is and what it could bring to KY as a new cash crop. CALL Mr. Comer and tell him you agree with what he is trying to do and encourage him to continue bringing awareness of what Hemp is and how it can give you the economic stimulus we need in this area. Please join me at the next city council meeting in Manchester, I believe it's an important meeting. Monday, 17th of this month.
preacherman2012

Somerset, KY

#7 Sep 14, 2012
it seems to me that mr 214 main is intent upon corrupting the citizens of this poor county. Any type of hemp production, industrial or medical marijuana, would only lead to more drugs. I was living back in the day when people grew hemp here for the war effort during WWII. What came from that was nothing but pot as the growers discovered how to cross breed it. Think it wouldnt happen again? Lol, u could bet ur last joint on it.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8 Sep 14, 2012
Growing hemp will actually impede people who are growing marijuana outside since cross-pollination (by bees) between hemp plants and marijuana plants would significantly reduce the potency of the marijuana plant. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is what causes the high, pollination would cause the marijuana to be for all intent and purpose useless for the intent of getting high. If you think the that the policy that Ky has is working I would have to say you are delusional, in reality Kentucky is the number 2 State in growing Marijuana, so trying to convince anybody that the policy is working would be foolish. Hemp, is being bought by the USA from Canada now at the cost of $90 million since we are not allowed to grow it. Think of it if we would be the first to grow in the States, I have no doubt that it would shoot up even more to another 20 to 30 more million because of the accessibility of the product. Also Hemp is far better for ethanol than the corn we are using now that is causing food prices to go up.
preacherman2012 wrote:
it seems to me that mr 214 main is intent upon corrupting the citizens of this poor county. Any type of hemp production, industrial or medical marijuana, would only lead to more drugs. I was living back in the day when people grew hemp here for the war effort during WWII. What came from that was nothing but pot as the growers discovered how to cross breed it. Think it wouldnt happen again? Lol, u could bet ur last joint on it.
JC Lately

Virgie, KY

#9 Sep 15, 2012
preacherman2012 wrote:
it seems to me that mr 214 main is intent upon corrupting the citizens of this poor county. Any type of hemp production, industrial or medical marijuana, would only lead to more drugs. I was living back in the day when people grew hemp here for the war effort during WWII. What came from that was nothing but pot as the growers discovered how to cross breed it. Think it wouldnt happen again? Lol, u could bet ur last joint on it.
Prohibition leads to more drugs.

We have pill and meth problems around here because of ignorant people like you.
Russell

Corbin, KY

#10 Sep 15, 2012
JC Lately wrote:
<quoted text>
Prohibition leads to more drugs.
We have pill and meth problems around here because of ignorant people like you.
No shortage of MJ around here. People are just wanting a cheap high and pills and meth are it.
Johnny C Lately

Virgie, KY

#11 Sep 15, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
No shortage of MJ around here. People are just wanting a cheap high and pills and meth are it.
Not exactly.

There is a shortage of cannabis around here and there always will be so long as the plant is illegal.

Pills and meth are not cheap, which is why so many on it are also thieves and manufactuerers of meth.

Cheap highs are sniffing glue and paint, neither of which are illegal.

Prohibition of plants like cannabis promotes the use of all sorts of extremely dangerous intoxicants.

If only some people would repent of ignorance and apathy so many lives could be saved. Souls too.
weezy

Somerset, KY

#12 Sep 15, 2012
preacherman2012
Mount Vernon, KY

You better get down on your knees and pray preacherman cause you just posted a baldfaced lie up there.
Before you start spreading stories that most people know is a lie why dont you do just a small amount of research about the two plants you mentioned and you will know at least they cant be crossbred in any way to produce potent marijuana. Hemp has virtually zero THC. Hemp does however offer billions of dollars in revenue for Americans plus a green renewable fuel source.
Are you going to tell us that God would rather us keep using fossil fuels that are destroying our environment when a completely Green source is there for the taking?
Big Money and people like you are two of the reasons people around here are in the shape they are in financially.
Legal marijuana would also get your brother and cousins a ticket out of jail too cause if your from this area somebody in your family is in jail on pot charges. I would bet big bucks on it.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#13 Sep 15, 2012
You are speaking out of ignorance, Hemp is by no means cannabis. It may look like it but the magic ingredient is missing. That's like saying we must outlaw powdered sugar because it looks like so much like cocaine. If only people would rise out of their ignorance we would be so much better off.
Johnny C Lately wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly.

There is a shortage of cannabis around here and there always will be so long as the plant is illegal.

Pills and meth are not cheap, which is why so many on it are also thieves and manufactuerers of meth.

Cheap highs are sniffing glue and paint, neither of which are illegal.

Prohibition of plants like cannabis promotes the use of all sorts of extremely dangerous intoxicants.

If only some people would repent of ignorance and apathy so many lives could be saved. Souls too.
Johnny C Lately

Virgie, KY

#14 Sep 15, 2012
214 Main wrote:
Hemp is by no means cannabis.
No, neighbor, you're confused. Hemp is cannabis sativa. The buds of cannabis sativa and cannabis indica are called "marijuana".

"Hemp is a term reserved mainly for low tetrahydrocannabinol strains of the plant Cannabis sativa." (from Wikipedia.)

Hemp is by no means "marijuana".

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#15 Sep 15, 2012
It's very low. So low that those that want to get high off of it are wasting their time and money. It's not worth the trouble. The fact is Kentucky is the number 2 producer of marijuana right behind California.
Johnny C Lately wrote:
<quoted text>No, neighbor, you're confused. Hemp is cannabis sativa. The buds of cannabis sativa and cannabis indica are called "marijuana".

"Hemp is a term reserved mainly for low tetrahydrocannabinol strains of the plant Cannabis sativa." (from Wikipedia.)

Hemp is by no means "marijuana".
hemp

Albany, KY

#17 Sep 16, 2012
Hemp could feed the world. Do the research. Hemp can be used to make food. Can be used to build homes. Do the research on all the uses of hemp. Drugs are already ruining the world so that excuse is old.
Well

Corbin, KY

#18 Sep 16, 2012
214 Main wrote:
It's very low. So low that those that want to get high off of it are wasting their time and money. It's not worth the trouble. The fact is Kentucky is the number 2 producer of marijuana right behind California.
<quoted text>
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/08/27/ca...

We don't need any lower IQs around here.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#19 Sep 16, 2012
We don't need ignorance either, I am well aware of that article and we were talking about HEMP, we were talking about what it is and what you should do to educate yourself on the issue. You have a agriculture commissioner who won with the promise of pursuing just that because the young man knows but people like you don't have a clue and you are slowing this State down with your false misinformation.
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/08/27/ca...
We don't need any lower IQs around here.
Give It Up

Corbin, KY

#20 Sep 16, 2012
214 Main wrote:
We don't need ignorance either, I am well aware of that article and we were talking about HEMP, we were talking about what it is and what you should do to educate yourself on the issue. You have a agriculture commissioner who won with the promise of pursuing just that because the young man knows but people like you don't have a clue and you are slowing this State down with your false misinformation.
<quoted text>
People are just too smart. They know this hemp thing is just a scheme to try and legalize marijuana.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#21 Sep 16, 2012
Really give it up, you think those against this are too smart do you? Food prices isn't feeling sorry for those that are in need they continue to rise and if you haven't noticed prices of food has gone up 54% since 2008. Corn has gone up just since this past June 60%. But you are too smart to have Hemp as your new cash crop to produce alternative fuel? So you might say, well, the government will pay for all that in food stamps? Really, the country is already broke, it's not GOING to be broke it already is broke the problem is your government just doesn't want you to panic just yet because they want to stay in power for an election or 2 but trust me this will be the last election they will be able to get away with fooling you. Its not just here the rest of the world has to pay the same prices for corn since it is a commodity. In some countries riots are about to take place and many will die because big cooperate farmers have the politicians eating out of their hands and certainly you know how that game is played. So whatever the excuse you have itís just not good enough anymore. You canít dictate other peopleís lives anymore because people who think like you have already bankrupt this country and it just doesnít work anymore. What really worries me about your post is that those that want to gun control have your very same mindset. They too believe that guns only cause people to buy bullets and cock the hammer and shoot people. So letís also ban guns too huh? That is alien to this country and what the founders intended. Comrade, maybe America is not the place where you want to live in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid people 1 hr iguessiamstupid 4
Mark Taylor 2 hr what 5
Aunt Bees restaurant buy free turkey 7 hr Yeah 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr BRAIN STORM 131,599
New to Manchester looking for a church. 15 hr tammy 7
wilburn coffey 16 hr curious 1
El Cazador shut down???? 16 hr poocheye 14
Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:22PM
Bengals turning into kings of the road - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:37 PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab
NFL 2:01 PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:11 PM
Shaun Phillps lands with Colts
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday