how can a convicted felon run for con...

how can a convicted felon run for constable

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Apr 17, 2010
i know for a fact that one man running spent time in prison for the murder of a young man before him shot him he was already a convicted felon but although he shot and killed this man and didnt have the right to carry a fire arm he still only got two years i dont see that its right for anyone that clay county kentucky should have such trash running for any kind of public offical
well

London, KY

#2 Apr 17, 2010
Don't know the facts but you said he spent time,should he pay for the rest of his life.He only got two years the jury didn't think so.I guess i don't either'and i don't even know who you are talking about.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 17, 2010
well he's name is james lawson and because of him a mother doesnt have a son he pulled up and shot him and no you dont know nothing about it so till you do take a flying leap off somthing you dont ever live in clay county kentucky and yes he should pay i was 8 and i had o lose everything i had friends family home everything because that ass and i dont think he should be able to run for any kind of office offial your probably a convict too that why you think he should be able to
well

Brodhead, KY

#4 Apr 17, 2010
Good Luck JAMES LAWSON
granny

AOL

#5 Apr 17, 2010
well wrote:
Good Luck JAMES LAWSON
how can you say good luck to a felon no body else can carry a gun to just go hunting if there a felon,this man is running for office. i don't no him but dont seem right to me.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 17, 2010
thank you granny there is ppl that didnt kill nobody that cant run or pack a gun but a man that kills someone can
eyes

Vilonia, AR

#7 Apr 17, 2010
ALSO THE BEST OF LUCK Jsmes Lawson
No Saint

Somerset, KY

#8 Apr 17, 2010
Where I grew up you had to have a govornors pardon to hold any office or any state liscense. It should still be the same.
granny

AOL

#9 Apr 17, 2010
No Saint wrote:
Where I grew up you had to have a govornors pardon to hold any office or any state liscense. It should still be the same.
i'm sure the law is the same here, anybody no?
shug-a friend

Corbin, KY

#10 Apr 17, 2010
lil black yota wrote:
i know for a fact that one man running spent time in prison for the murder of a young man before him shot him he was already a convicted felon but although he shot and killed this man and didnt have the right to carry a fire arm he still only got two years i dont see that its right for anyone that clay county kentucky should have such trash running for any kind of public offical
trash i'd talk about trash!!!!!!!!JAMES is a hard working man that goes to church and is my best friend and he would help anybody even ppl that dislike em and yea everybody makes mistakes in life but you got to live with it. I am very very close to james lawson and i know if he could take it back he sure would!!!!!!!!!! That happen 11 yrs ago an he done his time.
shug-a friend

Corbin, KY

#11 Apr 17, 2010
lil black yota wrote:
thank you granny there is ppl that didnt kill nobody that cant run or pack a gun but a man that kills someone can
just cause you run for a public office don't mean you have to carry a gun!!! duh
shug-a friend

Corbin, KY

#12 Apr 17, 2010
well wrote:
Good Luck James Lames
Thats Right Good Luck James I Love You
Just Wondering

Vilonia, AR

#13 Apr 18, 2010
I wonder how an indited Criminal like Edd Jordan is running for Sheriff, myself.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#14 Apr 18, 2010
the way i see it clay county my home town is got enough bad ppl in if ppl wants clay county to change they need good clean ppl there if james has changed and is going to church fine good for him but i still dont think he should be able to run
a young man that lost his life will never get to run never get to see the light of day never fill the joy of life or be able to see his life fofilled
all because a shot from a gun and the ppl that didnt know this young man doesnt understand but what if this young man was your son or daughter the would you say good luck would you say let him run i think not you would be fighting for the rights of all the young children who have lost their lives to vilence so i say no to the right of any man weather they spent their time or not to run in a office where family and friends live including edd jordan or any other past crimal
granny

AOL

#15 Apr 18, 2010
Just Wondering wrote:
I wonder how an indited Criminal like Edd Jordan is running for Sheriff, myself.
There trying to get rid of jj because he killed an elk. this is way wrost then that. i no pll. can change but thats some pretty bad baggage.

“GUNZMITH”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#16 Apr 18, 2010
i didnt think convicted felons could even vote much less run for office or own guns..........but in my opinion when someone gets out of prison and off parole they should be handed their guns and all rights back..........but i also belive people who commit crimes while in office such as poaching or any other crime shouldnt be allowed to run or hold public office..........only trustworthy honest citizens should be able to hold elected office
granny

AOL

#17 Apr 18, 2010
kindly dragon wrote:
i didnt think convicted felons could even vote much less run for office or own guns..........but in my opinion when someone gets out of prison and off parole they should be handed their guns and all rights back..........but i also belive people who commit crimes while in office such as poaching or any other crime shouldnt be allowed to run or hold public office..........only trustworthy honest citizens should be able to hold elected office
get off of it your just mad you dont have your gravel yet. and if i remeber right you dont even vote.
Scientist

Barbourville, KY

#18 Apr 18, 2010
I agree! If Clay is going to change, the people running the city/county will have to change. We deserve it. Lets vote some intelligent, progressive leaders in and the rest of the idiots out. Most of the ones in charge now probably haven't even earned a college degree, how are they in office? A better question is, why were they voted in to begin with? inb4votebuyingcomment.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#19 Apr 18, 2010
Scientist wrote:
I agree! If Clay is going to change, the people running the city/county will have to change. We deserve it. Lets vote some intelligent, progressive leaders in and the rest of the idiots out. Most of the ones in charge now probably haven't even earned a college degree, how are they in office? A better question is, why were they voted in to begin with? inb4votebuyingcomment.
i agree clay county need new faces ppl strong willed and with good hearts people with good education from biggest to smallest clay county needs a change if you go to big creek ky or red bird there is nothing no gas very little shopping and who is doing anything about it no one i say its time for a change not just be cause james lawson is a convict but because they even allow it to go on

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#20 Apr 18, 2010
the ppl shouldnt have to put up with nobodys in the office anymore and ill be damned if my family is going to suffer any longer im ganna do everything i can to see to it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min ChromiuMan 169,046
People save the BULLDOGS 23 min Marlboro Man 31
Judy for jailer 30 min Manchester 2
Elect Patrick robinson sheriff 2018 3 hr GEORGE AxL DEZARN 10
Viruses spreed around town 6 hr Peggy Napier 38
George axl and Barbara napier 6 hr Peggy Napier 16
George dezarn NEEDLE use could have 8 hr Peggy Napier 27

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages