Some Church Going People
Gimme A Break

London, KY

#83 Oct 22, 2013
Use your heads, No God or Gods
Mary

Dyer, TN

#84 Oct 22, 2013
coalminer is right we shouldnt judge people but the BIBLE said that we shall no them by the fruit they bare thats not only preachers its for everyone God will take care of all of us on judgement day so just go where you feel led to go
MissPerfect

Mascoutah, IL

#85 Oct 23, 2013
Sit back and think about this;

Does God defend sin or does Jesus? So why do Christians? The bible has many scriptures saying to go and sin no more. John 5:14
MissPerfect

Mascoutah, IL

#86 Oct 23, 2013
To equate forgiveness with absolution from personal responsibility is to cheapen biblical forgiveness and to deny biblical justice.
whatever

Oneida, KY

#87 Oct 23, 2013
MissPerfect wrote:
To equate forgiveness with absolution from personal responsibility is to cheapen biblical forgiveness and to deny biblical justice.
You may as well be talking to the wall as to try to tell the people in the world this day and time about what is Godly and what isn't!! If they cared at all, the world wouldn't be in the shape it is. However, I admire you speaking the truth, not many do that this day and time, they don't want to ruffle any feathers. God will deal with it all someday.
coalminer

London, KY

#88 Oct 23, 2013
There is not a single person that post in here that has not sinned and that includes myself. God gave everyone free will to choose how they live, if you choose to sin and be a non believer all a Christian can do is plant a seed but can not make it grow. Here you some biblical justice perfect, father says when one commits a murder, rape or cause a woman to abort a child they are to be dispatched to him for judgment. Does God hate, see how many of you can answer that.
MissPerfect

United States

#89 Oct 24, 2013
Christianity is increasingly disconnected from the book on which it was founded. In today’s society I think it’s more of a social gather than anything.
MissPerfect

United States

#90 Oct 24, 2013
Sadly, many who have turned to Jesus for salvation have been led away from obedience to the Ten Commandments by false teachers who tell them that they may remain a "carnal" Christian (one who disobeys God's commandments) and yet still receive eternal life.
MissPerfect

United States

#91 Oct 24, 2013
Many thousands of words have been spent in vain trying to twist these icy clear verses. Many thousands of hours have been wasted trying to prove that these simple verses do not mean what they say. Yet their unshakeable truth is our protection, for we cannot be deceived if we will but listen and accept what they declare.
coalminer

London, KY

#92 Oct 24, 2013
We the people got no one but ourselves to blame for what Christianity has become. We set back let prayer be taken out of schools, any reference to God either by word or symbol be declared unfair to non believers. Preachers have become more interested in keeping a big congregation for money purpose then telling them what Gods word has to say. Preachers want teach the bible afraid they offend some person group or the devil. When have any of you heard a preacher say homosexuality is an abomination, abortion is the murdering of one of Gods children, or they no such thing as the rapture. Our constitution is based on Gods word, yet the fools of this world today want to ostracize God out our very vocabulary. So many so called preachers and Christians think all required of them is show up on sunday, put money in the plate and preachers tell the congregation a line or two out of the bible then talk about where to eat, some ball game or some other worldly happening. What is even more saddening is you got so many different version interrupted by man of fathers word. You got this bunch think you suppose to handle snakes, drink poison or what ever, this bunch think you suppose to speak in jibberish, this bunch think you suppose to confess to a man in a little box and on and on. Like I have said so many times Gods word is so simple a child can understand it, man is the one making it so complicated and out of whack to what it really says. To much traditions, hand me down interruptions and laziness on so called preachers part for not studying the word.
MissPerfect

Mascoutah, IL

#93 Oct 25, 2013
In both the business world and the religious world the formula for success has become: "Give the people whatever they want!" The people do not want the truth; they want their ears tickled with “smooth things". Therefore it has been unpopular for the churches to teach that we must obey God's law and give up our lives on this earth to the service of Jesus Christ.
louella

Dyer, TN

#94 Oct 25, 2013
when you become saved you have just started to live
louella

United States

#95 Oct 27, 2013
What
Truth

Liberty, KY

#96 Oct 28, 2013
coalminer wrote:
We the people got no one but ourselves to blame for what Christianity has become. We set back let prayer be taken out of schools, any reference to God either by word or symbol be declared unfair to non believers. Preachers have become more interested in keeping a big congregation for money purpose then telling them what Gods word has to say. Preachers want teach the bible afraid they offend some person group or the devil. When have any of you heard a preacher say homosexuality is an abomination, abortion is the murdering of one of Gods children, or they no such thing as the rapture. Our constitution is based on Gods word, yet the fools of this world today want to ostracize God out our very vocabulary. So many so called preachers and Christians think all required of them is show up on sunday, put money in the plate and preachers tell the congregation a line or two out of the bible then talk about where to eat, some ball game or some other worldly happening. What is even more saddening is you got so many different version interrupted by man of fathers word. You got this bunch think you suppose to handle snakes, drink poison or what ever, this bunch think you suppose to speak in jibberish, this bunch think you suppose to confess to a man in a little box and on and on. Like I have said so many times Gods word is so simple a child can understand it, man is the one making it so complicated and out of whack to what it really says. To much traditions, hand me down interruptions and laziness on so called preachers part for not studying the word.
Amen!!!!!
lol

Somerset, KY

#97 Oct 29, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 19:27–28
‘You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.
I'm not Jewish.
lol

Somerset, KY

#98 Oct 29, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible does warn us to stay away from the love of money (1 Timothy 6:10; Hebrews 13:5). Scripture also encourages us to stay away from attempts to “get rich quick”(Proverbs 13:11; 23:5; Ecclesiastes 5:10). Gambling most definitely is focused on the love of money and undeniably tempts people with the promise of quick and easy riches.
So if I go to school in order to get a high paying job, I'm sinning?

You're whack.
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#99 Oct 29, 2013
To those that believe to be rich is a sin, let me ask them if that is so then king David, Jacob, Job and even Nebuchadnezzar must have been big sinners. God blessing on those I named made them very rich with wealth and possessions. It is no sin to be rich if you got it honestly, just like it is no sin to be poor but it is a sin to not try to improve yourself. God wants men and women he can depend on, that includes if not disabled to work and make a better life for yourself and ask his help when you need it. To those wanting to make a sin out of everything, let me ask them have they ever over eaten when good food was set before them, remember to be a glutton is called a sin.
ohwell

United States

#100 Oct 29, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Hey well like I said bible does not say getting more holes or ink injected under your skin a sin. It is what is in your heart that father sees, if he went by looks man I be in a heap of hurt like so many others. It gets me they blast people for things, I wonder if they ever read what father said how you knew what a harlot was, suggest they read that then complain about others. I just wish people would read and learn for themselves fathers word and stop listening to men who just pass down old traditions they have heard.
Sounds like you may have Contradicted yourself on another post. mmmmmm
MissPerfect

Belleville, IL

#101 Oct 29, 2013
Sins:

UNJUSTIFIED ANGER ( Pv 27:4; 29:22; Ex 6:9; 2 Cor 12:20)

ARGUING (Pv 17:14; 18:6; Titus 3:9; 2 Tim 2:23)

BITTERNESS (Acts 8:23; Ro 3:14; Eph 4:31; Heb 12:15)

BUSYBODIES (Pv 20:3; 1 Tim 5:13)

PUTTING CARES OF THIS WORLD BEFORE GOD (Mk 4:19; Lk 8:14; 21:34)

NOT GOING TO CHURCH OR ASSEMBLING TOGETHER (Hebrews 10:25; Acts 2:46; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)

NOT HAVING COMPASSION (1 Pe 3:8)

CONCEITED (1 Tim 3:6; 2 Tim 3:2,4)

CONDEMNING (Lk 6:37)

FOOLISH CONVERSATION (Eph 5:4)

HASTY IN WORDS (Pv 29:20)

NOT BEING SLOW TO SPEAK (Ja 1:19)

NOT BEING MEEK AND QUIET (1 Pe 3:4)

PROFESSING TO BE WISE (Ro 1:22)

NOT BEING COURTEOUS (1 Pe 3:8)

DRINKING (1 Tim 3:3; Pv 20:1)

GETTING DRUNK (DRUNKEN)( Lk 12:45,46; Ro 13:13; 1 Cor 6:10)

EATING AND DRINKING WITH THE DRUNKEN (Mt 24:49)

DISOBEYING MAN’S LAWS (Ro 13:1-5)
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#102 Oct 29, 2013
Hey oh well don't know what you getting at. No where in the bible does it say a tattoo is a sin, just shows some people like more holes or ink under their skin. Say what you mean their maybe I did do what ever you said, like you I am a human and I do make mistakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randy napier at it again 24 min Bobby red sams 3
Word Association (Mar '10) 27 min Fontaine 198
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min Wisdom of God 170,503
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 46 min Posthole Jr 24
Linda Smallwood 51 min well 44
RIP peggy napier 1 hr Peggy Napier 150
Arnold Schwarzenegger @garrad Dollar General 2 hr john conner 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages