Some Church Going People

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Honesty

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2013
You can hide your secret sin behind the pew but it will come out eventually.
Amen

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 3, 2013
You told the truth. Who do people think they are fooling. A joke some church people are in for a rude awakening when Jesus looks at them and tells them he never knew them workers of iniquity.
chris

London, KY

#3 Oct 3, 2013
god home is for a drunk man or a Prostitut Church is a place to get saved not judge your friends and family
chris

London, KY

#4 Oct 3, 2013
we dont go to church for man or girl nor ladys go to church to get save and have walk the streets of gold
really

East Bernstadt, KY

#5 Oct 4, 2013
The church going are the ones that I watch out for. Not all of them, but alot are not what they pretend. If they turn their back and talk about those that need their prayers, then they mean nothing when they sit in church and proclaim they are what they are not. I see them everyday and hear their supposed love but their actions are not what they preach.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#6 Oct 4, 2013
A word to the wise; you good church people who love to use the bible when it’s in your best interest to judge someone and use the bible against them, better make sure you really know everything that is said in the bible and live it before condemning any one person.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 4, 2013
I think a lot of so called Christians need to make sure they are living by the bible and that everyone in their house does the same before telling everyone else how to live their lives. How many Christians go to church with tattoos, nose piercings, children being conceived before marriage, buying lottery tickets, gambling, spreading gossip, make a living off welfare, food stamps, low income housing when they are able to work, and those who hide money from the government from bank accounts so they receive more SSI. I do believe there are good Christians who go to church and practice the bible teachings, but in today’s society, I think a lot of people who go to church need to look in the mirror and ask if they are living by the bible before judging anyone.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Christians are practicing shameful lifestyles that are little different than those of unbelievers. Sins of adultery, fornication, drunkenness, drug abuse, tattoos, piercings, gossip, overeating, smoking, child neglect, busybodies, dressing indecently, not paying what you owe(debts), DEFRAUDING OTHERS, man who will not work, SLANDERING YOUR NEIGHBOR IN SECRET, (just to name a few) are rampant among those to claim to be followers of Jesus.
Uhh Huh

Flat Lick, KY

#9 Oct 4, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
Christians are practicing shameful lifestyles that are little different than those of unbelievers. Sins of adultery, fornication, drunkenness, drug abuse, tattoos, piercings, gossip, overeating, smoking, child neglect, busybodies, dressing indecently, not paying what you owe(debts), DEFRAUDING OTHERS, man who will not work, SLANDERING YOUR NEIGHBOR IN SECRET,(just to name a few) are rampant among those to claim to be followers of Jesus.
You left out busybody Topix preachers.
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#10 Oct 4, 2013
Just some advice to Mrshappytobe, read your bible, show me where it is a sin to have tattoos, piercing, buying lottery tickets, gambling. That's what is wrong with churches today, people making up what they think are sins to belittle others. Some of the things you posted are true, like bible says if a man want work and support his family he is worse then an infidel. deceiving, lying to collect money from government is a sin and against the law. These old bodies go back to dirt when you die and you have a spiritual one that is with the father when you die, no one is judge yet, that come at the end when that book is opened to see if you get rewards or blotted out. Look its every ones choice to do what they want to with their lives, but please read the bible for yourself, don't take any mans word for it, check him out see if what he or she says is true. Just remember one thing the manuscripts from which the bible is taken was not written in English so you really need a strongs concordances so you can check out the meaning of the words. Please just study for yourself and make father happy.
Mattie

Dyer, TN

#11 Oct 4, 2013
The bible said come out from among the world.If you look like the world and do what they do then your not showing your light.People who go to church to hide their menace are really fooling their self.God knows everything you do and he is watching us.I use to go to church and i watched how people live and soon i was caught up in the wordly stuff but it was no body but me its my fault.My ex goes to church and he lives like the world after church he would cuss me and ythen get in the pulpit and he sing and shout just like he was God gift. so really what people do God knows and he will give them a rightous judgement.All we can do is watch our selves and not pay attention to those want to be christians. we all need God no matter who we are and what we have done.
Gittyup cornflake

Flat Lick, KY

#12 Oct 4, 2013
Honesty wrote:
You can hide your secret sin behind the pew but it will come out eventually.

These people from this county play church,they"re self-proclaimed Christians.I"m sure regular people from the county knows this!
People are" nt as stupied as they think they are! A good christian never postures for mans attentions,he goes on & does the Fathers work thinking only of pleasing Him & Him alone! You do proclaim Christ before men!
But your relationship is supposed to be private,not out here in public screaming look at me! Look at me!,
countess

London, KY

#13 Oct 5, 2013
Mattie wrote:
The bible said come out from among the world.If you look like the world and do what they do then your not showing your light.People who go to church to hide their menace are really fooling their self.God knows everything you do and he is watching us.I use to go to church and i watched how people live and soon i was caught up in the wordly stuff but it was no body but me its my fault.My ex goes to church and he lives like the world after church he would cuss me and ythen get in the pulpit and he sing and shout just like he was God gift. so really what people do God knows and he will give them a rightous judgement.All we can do is watch our selves and not pay attention to those want to be christians. we all need God no matter who we are and what we have done.
Very true!

Location hidden

#14 Oct 5, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Just some advice to Mrshappytobe, read your bible, show me where it is a sin to have tattoos, piercing, buying lottery tickets, gambling. That's what is wrong with churches today, people making up what they think are sins to belittle others. Some of the things you posted are true, like bible says if a man want work and support his family he is worse then an infidel. deceiving, lying to collect money from government is a sin and against the law. These old bodies go back to dirt when you die and you have a spiritual one that is with the father when you die, no one is judge yet, that come at the end when that book is opened to see if you get rewards or blotted out. Look its every ones choice to do what they want to with their lives, but please read the bible for yourself, don't take any mans word for it, check him out see if what he or she says is true. Just remember one thing the manuscripts from which the bible is taken was not written in English so you really need a strongs concordances so you can check out the meaning of the words. Please just study for yourself and make father happy.
Leviticus 19:27–28

‘You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Location hidden

#15 Oct 5, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Gambling is a way to bypass work, but the Bible counsels us to persevere and work hard:

Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.(Proverbs 10:4, NIV)

Location hidden

#16 Oct 5, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Bible does warn us to stay away from the love of money (1 Timothy 6:10; Hebrews 13:5). Scripture also encourages us to stay away from attempts to “get rich quick”(Proverbs 13:11; 23:5; Ecclesiastes 5:10). Gambling most definitely is focused on the love of money and undeniably tempts people with the promise of quick and easy riches.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 5, 2013
Though sinning itself is bad enough, denying sin is an additional sin, so that those who deny sin are actually double sinner.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 5, 2013
Many people claim to be playing the lottery or gambling so that they can give the money to the church or to some other good cause. While this may be a good motive, reality is that few use gambling winnings for godly purposes. Studies show that the vast majority of lottery winners are in an even worse financial situation a few years after winning a jackpot than they were before. Few, if any, truly give the money to a good cause. Further, God does not need our money to fund His mission in the world. Proverbs 13:11 says,“Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.”

Location hidden

#19 Oct 5, 2013
Mattie wrote:
Poker is often considered a sinful activity due to its close relationship with gambling. The Bible instructs us to keep ourselves from the love of money (1 Timothy 6:10; Hebrews 13:5). The Word of God also teaches us to stay away from attempts to "get rich quick" (Proverbs 13:11; 23:5; Ecclesiastes 5:10). Further, there are far more beneficial things we can be doing with our money than wasting it on gambling (Luke 6:38; 2 Corinthians 9:7).

Location hidden

#20 Oct 5, 2013
coalminer wrote:
We need to remember that our bodies, as well as our souls, have been redeemed and belong to God. Although 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 does not directly apply to tattoos or body piercings, it does give us a principle:“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min usa 159,459
gweneth hubbard has the nicest and I have ever ... 1 hr The Real Yeti 10
tosh hibbard (Dec '08) 3 hr Lick man 21
star sizemore and April 3 hr Lick man 2
Who is that cheryl hensley girl 9 hr The Real Yeti 12
Steven Jewel (Mar '13) 14 hr Who yo daddy 7
jesus and the poppy plant 19 hr roger hoskins 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance