London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Mr/Mrs. Funny: Every job is important, every worker deserves respect, not belittling and a diss from an annonymous poster on topix. Geesh!!
funny wrote:
Let see what have we got, 2 different grocery stores, several gas stations and fast food places and oh yea way to many drug stores. If I was a business owner and came into clay county and saw all the drug stores my first impression would be oh hell all in this county is sick people. We got drug stores and even more wanting to come, ever wonder why with the cost of medicine these days. Look heck I like to see clay county grow but I am a realist, I got common sense and know that we are limited in what we could offer. I suggest stan or peoples what ever you go by find out the real reason we not got any name brand supermarket and why wal mart super center did not locate here then maybe you will come to understand why clay county is what it is.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I would gladly support a young leader; someone who convey a postive vision for the future and who can operate with integrity. I know there are some young leaders in our midst that are capable and are not interested in serving themselves, but are interested in our people, our community.
Leroy Stubbelfield wrote:
I'm expecting a certain young person to run for county judge this year. Could really turn this county on its head. This person has a lot of support and is known. Could be just what this county needs.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I am a very proud citizen of Manchester-Clay County, Kentucky. I was born and raised here and only want good things for our people and our community. I do not currently seek elected office, but will not rule it out in the future.
Curious wrote:
Who in the world is STAN?
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Several prominent locals, some could actually put on a suit and tie and hold a high level conversation with other goverment officials and economic development officials.

Ralph is a distinguised educational leader and Clyde is an effective business leader.
Peoples wrote:
There is very few folks in Clay County that are qualified for this position, we need someone who has a vision and wants to make Clay County a better place. The Current administration has done absolutely nothing except gravel a couple roads and work on some bridges, they've consider themselves a success because they've maintained the status quo, and haven't had anyone indicted.
You'd think old Joe and his number one protege Mr. Johnson would at least pretend to be interested in something to boost the economy of the county.
I for one don't think they are qualified to do much more then they've done.
Some candidates who could potentially handle the job.
Ralph Hoskins
Jamie Mills
Johnny Taylor Smith
Cliff Smith
Quint Gregory
Jimmy Dobson
Roy Morgan
Clyde Phillips.
James Phillips
Carmen Lewis
Mike White
George Sailor
Charlie McWhorter.
Stan -(Whoever you are your a smart guy)
funny

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Man I feel for this stan, needs attention so bad. Hey stan I know many men who wear suits and ties talk big and are crooks. It's not the clothes one wears or words he speaks but what he does and what he stands for. I am a realists I face facts, and I do research things. I suggest you do some research find out why we just got iga and save a lot grocery stores. Research why walmart supper center was not built. Hey we getting another drug store, even a dumb guy like me can figure out why we got a drug store ever hundred feet in Manchester. Just like all those that got on here bragging what all alcohol sales would bring in, I keep waiting for that holiday express so some of these so called smart people can sleep there and maybe like their commercial show they will get smarter. Hey stan you figured out why London is getting another factory and how they got all those new jobs, here is a hint it is called having easy access.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Funny, Don't really know why you feel the need to attack my commentary which is designed to generate constructive ideas about the state of out community and how as a community we can work to make things better. I ask for people to get involved, hold officials accountable, and to expect better leadership.

Please, don't feel for me, I have the appropriate and functioning tactile sensations and sensorimotor skills.

funny wrote:
Man I feel for this stan, needs attention so bad. Hey stan I know many men who wear suits and ties talk big and are crooks. It's not the clothes one wears or words he speaks but what he does and what he stands for. I am a realists I face facts, and I do research things. I suggest you do some research find out why we just got iga and save a lot grocery stores. Research why walmart supper center was not built. Hey we getting another drug store, even a dumb guy like me can figure out why we got a drug store ever hundred feet in Manchester. Just like all those that got on here bragging what all alcohol sales would bring in, I keep waiting for that holiday express so some of these so called smart people can sleep there and maybe like their commercial show they will get smarter. Hey stan you figured out why London is getting another factory and how they got all those new jobs, here is a hint it is called having easy access.
Peoples

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Stan He/she's a hater no hope for them, you know the old saying "your either part of the solution or part of the problem," one guess where Funny falls...I'm with you my friend.
funny

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Truth hurts don't it stan and peoples, you 2 must be kin or same person. Look if you would really read what I post and not get mad you see it faces the facts, we got more people around here satisfied with what they have to want to change. I have never said stan don't mean well but I am a realists. Stan in order to get peoples attention sometimes you have to get down on their level, that's why I post things like where's our holiday inn or our red lobster. In doing so I show the ignorance of people making statements that is total stupid. you can call me anything you like but I got common sense, I check things out and I know how people around here operate. You can get mad because I don't brag on clay or Manchester. Yea we got some hardworking people but they are not enough to out number the ones that are happy with nothing or the ones that fight to keep anything from coming in. All those names you cats posted as examples of leadership, I got sad news for you everyone of them are either political, money hungry or crooks, reputations follow you and they got reputations for their acts. You can get mad, whine or cry but until we get people to change, better access with highways, railsystem or a large airport we stuck as we are. We can get small business for awhile but you two I hope have enough sense to look around you and say what the heck do we need with a dozen drug stores, heck they more then major cities have.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Funny: Not mad, not upset, not whining nor crying just replying to your negative commentary Again, my commentary is intended to seek positive solutions to long-standing problems within the community, it is intended to encourage people to think about the who, why, how, and what needs to happen to hold elected officials accountable and to have expectations of self and others in order to move forward.

I am no Polly Anna. I realize we have siginificant groups of people in our community ( many of those who are prosperous and those who are not) who could care less; but I know that we have a large population of good, decent, hard-working people who would like to see things improve so that their children don't have to leave to find work.

I know a lot of people who have pride in the community and only want to see positive change that can lead to better lives for everyone, not just a select few in the hierarchy of the elite, wealthy, and political class.

There have been a number of new businesses that have openend up, and the free market will determine who will be successful. We will need real leadership to recruit a company to open up and occupy the old Image Entry location at Muddy Gap which could employ locals. Yes, we need to continue to develop the infrastructures needed to recruit and develop other opportunities. I wish we could move at a hare's pace, but it appears we are runinng like a turtle with the current officials we have. Change in leadership and continuous accountability is the answer to steady progress.

You have realistic thoughts and ideas to share and I sure would like to have your mental energy to help encourage topix readers to push for real-change, real-fast. Elections are coming soon!!
funny wrote:
Truth hurts don't it stan and peoples, you 2 must be kin or same person. Look if you would really read what I post and not get mad you see it faces the facts, we got more people around here satisfied with what they have to want to change. I have never said stan don't mean well but I am a realists. Stan in order to get peoples attention sometimes you have to get down on their level, that's why I post things like where's our holiday inn or our red lobster. In doing so I show the ignorance of people making statements that is total stupid. you can call me anything you like but I got common sense, I check things out and I know how people around here operate. You can get mad because I don't brag on clay or Manchester. Yea we got some hardworking people but they are not enough to out number the ones that are happy with nothing or the ones that fight to keep anything from coming in. All those names you cats posted as examples of leadership, I got sad news for you everyone of them are either political, money hungry or crooks, reputations follow you and they got reputations for their acts. You can get mad, whine or cry but until we get people to change, better access with highways, railsystem or a large airport we stuck as we are. We can get small business for awhile but you two I hope have enough sense to look around you and say what the heck do we need with a dozen drug stores, heck they more then major cities have.
Davey

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Will the name on the ballot read "Stan"?
Watcher

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

There are good people here that do work and scrap out a living. The druggies, check drawers, crooks and con men are always going to b here. Since the clay 8 ordeal, hopefully they will vote without being paid, if they don't vote.....it won't b missed because the good people will vote the right people. Think about the man who ran against garrison about 10 or 12 years ago. Clay Co had the opportunity to but a honest, hardworking man in for county judge, they almost did it, but money, greed and buying votes put garrison in at the last min. Hopefully those days are over.
Good topic stan. I will be watching.
alanon

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Initials Leroy?
Piper

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

I know somebody that would be great
Stan You know it

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

You ask ? Why did this company and that company move on around Clay County..The property was owned by our very influential, wealthy, old handed down from papaw and dad and the whole family tree. is on the list for property and money,,We, Clay Countians are still paying for a large piece of property. It was not developed for what we were told was coming to CC to make jobs and inflate our economy,,Where are all the alcohol taxes going>>>POCKETS already lined.. Who gets the jobs ? People with family in place. Last names and numbers in family are what matters here..NOT qualifications..People that would make a difference are passed over and know that they will not get the yes men and women out..Who owns the liquor stores and pharmacies?????????
Stan

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Each election provides a new opportunity to move in a "NEW" direction. We must continue to be vigilent and hold all elected officials accountable. City Council, Magistrates, County-Wide, and State Representative. I am hopeful and optimistic that the regular, common man and woman who desires real change will take this next election cycle as an opprtunity to shake the foundations of the old clique system and boot them out and replace with new people who are not self-serving and who really want to improve our community for everyone and not just the elite few. Together, We can do better!
Watcher wrote:
There are good people here that do work and scrap out a living. The druggies, check drawers, crooks and con men are always going to b here. Since the clay 8 ordeal, hopefully they will vote without being paid, if they don't vote.....it won't b missed because the good people will vote the right people. Think about the man who ran against garrison about 10 or 12 years ago. Clay Co had the opportunity to but a honest, hardworking man in for county judge, they almost did it, but money, greed and buying votes put garrison in at the last min. Hopefully those days are over.
Good topic stan. I will be watching.
funny

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Here is a parody on the up coming election and superintendent job. For county judge Cletus miracle, for jailer Freddy Thompson for superintendent Stanley bowling for mayor Doug Adams for police chief Alman Stivers and for fire chief Wayne Jones, you got to love these candidates. Now stan don't get all huffy and upset this just a spoof, see I got a sense of hmor why I called funny.
Stan

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Good humor! I got a chuckle from the post, LOL, thanks, seriously, it was good humor.
funny wrote:
Here is a parody on the up coming election and superintendent job. For county judge Cletus miracle, for jailer Freddy Thompson for superintendent Stanley bowling for mayor Doug Adams for police chief Alman Stivers and for fire chief Wayne Jones, you got to love these candidates. Now stan don't get all huffy and upset this just a spoof, see I got a sense of hmor why I called funny.
Ken

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Who else
Alda Mae

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Id like to see some young person run.
cat

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

jim smith

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of76
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min me 144,972
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min Quantummist 128,042
jailer and magistrate 1 hr a bunch of jokes 12
Horny girls on skype Leave your skype name for ... 1 hr junior 2
David Neff 1 hr curious 3
Anyone have any land for sale in manchester? 2 hr yeah 2
highschool schedules 4 hr gatorgirl74 1
•••
•••
•••
Manchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••