Religious Cults run amuck
shout

Barbourville, KY

#41 Oct 30, 2013
'Hell' is not a translation
'Hell' is not a translation. It is a word that has been inserted by translators into the Bible because of their preconceived ideas about a place of eternal torment. This idea is fast losing ground today as modern translators realise that Hebrew words like 'sheol', simply meant the grave to the original inspired writers of the Scriptures. The translators are still very shy though, and in many instances have left the word 'sheol' untranslated in modern Bible versions. This is because they can see that this word obviously means 'the grave' and not the traditional meaning. Rather than admit this though, and the folly of using the inserted word 'hell' in the past, they have just left the Hebrew word 'sheol' untranslated many times, and left the readers to make up their own minds.

http://www.bibleed.com/bibleteachings/otherbi...

the link ontcopy right
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#42 Oct 31, 2013
Hell when used in the bible has many different meanings. Yes it is used when talking about the grave, it also can mean the garbage pit outside of Jerusalem. In the greek language it is called the valley of Hinnom or Ge-Hinnom. It does not matter what hell is called it all refers to a place of torment, lost souls and destruction. If you read you learn hell can mean prison, holding place and many other things. The one thing more important than anything is God is the consuming fire and he alone can blot out a soul. You ever read how it says do not fear the one who can kill your flesh body but fear the one who can kill both the flesh and the soul that is our father.
shout

Barbourville, KY

#43 Oct 31, 2013
soul means life ,not anything after life

https://adventistbiblicalresearch.org/materia...
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#44 Oct 31, 2013
Shout you must have one of those man made bibles that they changed fathers word in. Our soul is the immortal body that all humans have. Our spirit is the intellect of our soul, no wonder people are so confused, all these wacky interpretation man has made of the bible. Sorry shout I use only the manuscripts which the king james bible was taken from. Feel free to go ahead and use and of those stupid books man has come up with saying it is a more up to date with society of today. They one thing for sure God word was not made up by ignorant men trying to make themselves look smarter then God. Soul is what dwells in all of us, when the flesh dies the inner man steps out. You better read there shout what father has to say don't fear those who can kill the flesh but fear he who can kill both the flesh and the soul. It amazes me how people want to take something written by some man long after the word was sent and use that as their guide to salvation, well takes all kind to make up this old wicked world.
shout

Barbourville, KY

#45 Oct 31, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Shout you must have one of those man made bibles that they changed fathers word in. Our soul is the immortal body that all humans have. Our spirit is the intellect of our soul, no wonder people are so confused, all these wacky interpretation man has made of the bible. Sorry shout I use only the manuscripts which the king james bible was taken from. Feel free to go ahead and use and of those stupid books man has come up with saying it is a more up to date with society of today. They one thing for sure God word was not made up by ignorant men trying to make themselves look smarter then God. Soul is what dwells in all of us, when the flesh dies the inner man steps out. You better read there shout what father has to say don't fear those who can kill the flesh but fear he who can kill both the flesh and the soul. It amazes me how people want to take something written by some man long after the word was sent and use that as their guide to salvation, well takes all kind to make up this old wicked world.
You ta k about greek translation but dont acknowlege the true meaning of a word, all bibles are translated to suit the scripters wants .. I read and if I find something i dont understand I will research .The link I posted is a credible research site and clearly states that soul is life not death.
shout

Barbourville, KY

#46 Oct 31, 2013
Im ittle curious as to who gave King James authorty to decide what will or will not be includeded in the bible..is it that he was king?Was he tired of the previos scripture?
shout

Barbourville, KY

#47 Oct 31, 2013
James I of England was alive from 19 June 1566 to 27 March 1625.

The Spanish Inquisition

1478-1834

wasnt the bible revised to make "christians" feel better about themselves and little to do with God?
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#48 Oct 31, 2013
How can one get you to understand anything shout, the bible was taken from the manuscripts. Those manuscripts were in greek, Aramaic and Hebrew. They words used in the English translation shout that has more than one meaning in the other languages. Take the word fear, in English it mean to be afraid, great dread, in awe of and so on but did you know it means in Hebrew and greek to love or revere same word but total different meanings. Just like in English translation it says to follow Christ you must hate your mother, father, brother and sister, but the manuscripts says you must love your family less, hope you see what I am saying.
Ok shout you harping on the word soul here you go in Hebrew it can be said nephesh or naphash which has many different meaning, one that is close to us is a breathing creature, which people are, a spirit. it also means in greek psuche which can mean breathe , spirit, immortal soul. It depends on how and what soul is used to portray, it is used to describe plants animals and even hurricanes shout. Look I don't use anything but a strongs concordance with a greek and Hebrew dictionary, not sure what you use, but I can tell you this much if it is some website it not from the manucsripts they take their info from. Only a Strongs concordance used the original manuscripts to define every word in the bible. Just like I have said the bible has easter in it but in the manuscripts easter or rapture not in them.
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#49 Oct 31, 2013
Good lord shout you got a very bad problem, King James just commissioned to have the bible translated to English. Have you ever seen the original manuscripts that was in the old English, you not be able to understand it I am not sure why you so into bashing Christianity, but that is your right. If the bible had not been revised and it was still in the old English version they be more confusion then they are now. Look if you don't like Christians and just want to cast doubt or foolishness chatter then go to one of those religious rooms and arguer with them. I am sure some muslim or hindu would love to hear your opinion on their belief. I suggest you get educated on how Christianity came to be maybe you might appreciate it more then you dislike it.
shout

Barbourville, KY

#50 Oct 31, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Good lord shout you got a very bad problem, King James just commissioned to have the bible translated to English. Have you ever seen the original manuscripts that was in the old English, you not be able to understand it I am not sure why you so into bashing Christianity, but that is your right. If the bible had not been revised and it was still in the old English version they be more confusion then they are now. Look if you don't like Christians and just want to cast doubt or foolishness chatter then go to one of those religious rooms and arguer with them. I am sure some muslim or hindu would love to hear your opinion on their belief. I suggest you get educated on how Christianity came to be maybe you might appreciate it more then you dislike it.
if someone who doesnt agree with you its foolish chatter ?you are wrong in several ways on several levels. You by admission use a single resource to verify your own conclusion, words are not difficult, meaning is. The KJV bible is under constant revision because it was not translated properly the first time .. simple fact
shout

Barbourville, KY

#51 Oct 31, 2013
I suggest you broaden yur research material,you only get 1 answer because its the one you want then you stop looking. I look at several options before making my conclusion.Which is what you say you do,but apparently dont
shout

Barbourville, KY

#52 Oct 31, 2013
the KJV has undergone 41 (forty-one) specific alterations. And 421 word changes since 1611
shout

Barbourville, KY

#53 Oct 31, 2013
information is easily availabe dont limit yourself to this

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
shout

Barbourville, KY

#54 Oct 31, 2013
Result of search for "hell":
7585 sh'owl sheh-ole' or shol {sheh-ole'}; from 7592; Hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), including its accessories and inmates:--grave, hell, pit.

from your own source
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#55 Oct 31, 2013
Let see if I can make it simple enough for you to understand shout. In many of the so called updated version of the bible as you like to call it, they have changed what the orginal manuscripts had to say. You have one version that does not say God anymore, it now says he-she you call that update. In another version in Ezekiel where it say God I against those who teach his children to fly to save their souls, it now says god children will be like birds or butterflies and fly away, guess that updated to you. You got one thing right man has changed the bible, but you ever heard of Kenites they around and they do like to slip in little changes to gods word. Well since hell seems to fascinate you here the greek for it hades or hahdace(80) unseen or place(state)of departed souls such as grave or hell 1067 geenna(gheh-en-nah) can be name of a valley or name of place(state) of ever lasting punishment. Now for hebrew1516 and 2011, 1516(gahee) a valley or gorge from prime root 1566(gala)to be obstinate or meddle with. 2011hinnon from 2005 hen(hane) to express surprise behold. also it reference on to many other greek and Hebrew words. Anyone knowing how a sentence is structured is able to know how a word is used in that sentence. Just like say a sentence said my house is the red. You know house is the subject and red describes the house but red has many other meaning like color of blood, red meat and so on. So in scripture when hell or grave is used it depends on the subject it is referring to nothing more. I suggest you stick with Gods word not these new up date version as you like to reference and you find out we got kenites that are doing their best to discredit the bible, how you think easter got in the bible sure never came from the manuscripts. Now go find you some more websites or publications since it seems you got the idea the bible is outdated and worthless. This final thing shout, yea king james bible has been revised, but it don't take a genius to spot scriptures that have been monkeyed with by these so call scholars of today.

Richie T

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#56 Oct 31, 2013
The cult to watch out for:

www.scribd.com/doc/176861450 ...
shout

Barbourville, KY

#57 Oct 31, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Let see if I can make it simple enough for you to understand shout. In many of the so called updated version of the bible as you like to call it, they have changed what the orginal manuscripts had to say. You have one version that does not say God anymore, it now says he-she you call that update. In another version in Ezekiel where it say God I against those who teach his children to fly to save their souls, it now says god children will be like birds or butterflies and fly away, guess that updated to you. You got one thing right man has changed the bible, but you ever heard of Kenites they around and they do like to slip in little changes to gods word. Well since hell seems to fascinate you here the greek for it hades or hahdace(80) unseen or place(state)of departed souls such as grave or hell 1067 geenna(gheh-en-nah) can be name of a valley or name of place(state) of ever lasting punishment. Now for hebrew1516 and 2011, 1516(gahee) a valley or gorge from prime root 1566(gala)to be obstinate or meddle with. 2011hinnon from 2005 hen(hane) to express surprise behold. also it reference on to many other greek and Hebrew words. Anyone knowing how a sentence is structured is able to know how a word is used in that sentence. Just like say a sentence said my house is the red. You know house is the subject and red describes the house but red has many other meaning like color of blood, red meat and so on. So in scripture when hell or grave is used it depends on the subject it is referring to nothing more. I suggest you stick with Gods word not these new up date version as you like to reference and you find out we got kenites that are doing their best to discredit the bible, how you think easter got in the bible sure never came from the manuscripts. Now go find you some more websites or publications since it seems you got the idea the bible is outdated and worthless. This final thing shout, yea king james bible has been revised, but it don't take a genius to spot scriptures that have been monkeyed with by these so call scholars of today.
you dont need to make anything simple for me,you have lost any credibility by resorting to insults and condecending attitude because you have nothing to back up your statments other than because you say so.You dont have the ability or the knowledge to prove a point because you cant decide what your point is... is that simple enough for you to comprehend?
shout

Barbourville, KY

#58 Oct 31, 2013
no one needs to discredit the bible, people like you will do it for them.You make me laugh .. in a sad way .. God will be happy that you have saved him the trouble of judging you and have declared yourself worthy of a spot in heaven
So Let It Be Written

Flat Lick, KY

#59 Oct 31, 2013
coalminer wrote:
Just a couple of atheists stirring up trouble coalminer, pay them no mind.
shout

Barbourville, KY

#60 Oct 31, 2013
So Let It Be Written wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple of atheists stirring up trouble coalminer, pay them no mind.
ya , no reason to bother with the truth when it comes to superstition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min LMS 148,462
The Makery 14 min Tabitha 1
Ashley wagers 1 hr Maintance man 1
Salt Works Festival 12 hr Tabitha 1
Greenbriar 16 hr Concerned 2
chelsey crail is awesome (Jan '10) 22 hr Just like it is 8
Ray and Connie Martin 22 hr Puckett 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages