Clay Co girls basketball

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
good ole joe

Somerset, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2008
Whats wrong with them lately? They lost again to Breathitt Co. and have lost 3 of the last 5. Anybody missing due to injury or sickness??
observer

London, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2008
Can't score!! Don't really know why, unless people are playing in Gray's face and doubling the posts. Someone else has GOT to step up on the offensive end or it will be a sad post season in Tigertown.
Basketball Junkie

London, KY

#4 Feb 8, 2008
Joe, too many young players. Many good upper class girls left Burchell because he favored the younger girls who weren't as good but I bet he wishes he had them now. He probably won't ever make it back to the State and if he does he's one and done like always.Just can't match up with the stonger teams although he sometimes plays them close but no cigar. Looks like the region has caught up with him. Also a lot of the girls this year are out for themselves and not for the benifit of the team.He needs Davidson, Fisher, Mills (Morgan and Samantha), Stewart, 3 Jackson girls, just to name a few.Right now the Lady Tigers are probably the 4th best team in the region behind South Laurel, Whitley, and Middlesboro.When he lost Paige, Stephanie, and Maleiah from last years squad, he hasn't got anyone to fill their shoes.
CCFAN

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2008
Just curious and wandering what exactly you think Davidson, Fisher, Mills and the other girls would do that the girls he has are not doing? I mean seriously, not to put those girls down but they had thier chance to do something and they didn't do it so what makes you think they would make such a big difference now. The girls he have are hustling and playing a good game when they get off the bench so I really don't know what you mean when you make the statement you just made.
Bill ED

London, KY

#7 Feb 8, 2008
They have subpar guard play. The guards don't shoot very well accept for Sarah and they can't handle pressure well. They do play very good defense though and their inside game is adequate, which keeps them in most games. They really miss Skooly . Paige, Maleiah, and Steph. When their opponent keeps them from getting the ball in the paint which is more often than not they have trouble scoring.Also a quick team that presses full court gives them fits because of the lack of (aka U.K. Wildcats) quality ballhandlers.
Basketball Junkie

London, KY

#9 Feb 8, 2008
CC Fan . I'll tell you what I mean. If the previous mentioned girls hadn't left ,the Lady Tigers would have much more depth and experence which they don't have now, and it's a fact Kendra Davidson for one is as good or better than anyone on the team and so is Morgan, but for what ever reason, they left the team.I'm just saying we would be a better team if we had more experienced depth and not have to rely on as many underclassmen but the young girls are good and will be better in the future because of their playing time now but we are taking our lumps because of this..
lady tiger fan

Hopkinsville, KY

#10 Feb 8, 2008
I think it is a shame for someone to get on here and say the things that Basketball Junkie has said when these kids get on this site and read this stuff. That is some really nice things to say to boost their morale and support them. Besides who are you to say that these girls will never make it to state? You have got a JV team setting on that bench that is UNDEFEATED, yes UNDEFEATED and these girls will continue to play those other teams for the next three years in high school. Do you think the teams they are playing right now are going to continue playing them for the next three years? You need to rethink what you have said. I also think you are very wrong when you make the remark that alot of the girls are out for themselves. You have got a team full of girls who would rather pass the ball to their teammates than to shoot it so where's the glory there? The saddest thing for these girls is they have no fan support!! You all can get on this website and bash them and tell all the negative things you think about them but you sure can't get in you car and drive out to the ballgames and support them for the things they do good! What is embarrassing is to go to other schools with 15 fans and their gyms be full. What's sad is when the other schools bring more fans to Clay County than we have at our own home games! But I betcha if we do get to go to state a bunch of you all that hasn't been to a season game will take off work to come to Bowling Green. So before you get on here to bash someone, think about who is going to be reading it and most definitely come to the games then you would realize that what is on the bench is MUCH better than what has QUIT!!!!! The team has not SUFFERED and losses.
Hoop Scoop

London, KY

#11 Feb 8, 2008
If we had Tyra and Whitehead from Jackson Co., we would win the State hands down. These ladies are the real deal !!!!!!!!!!
hey

Fulton, NY

#13 Feb 9, 2008
HEY HOOP SCOOP r u from jackson co.? we r from clay co. we dont need anyone from jackson co. our girls do just fine. they r a young team with a lot of talent & it will show in the future.every team has a bad game cant win them all . that was proved in the super bowl this year.lets just give these gils moral support & fan support at the games THAT is what these girls need right now .GO LADY TIGERS WE LOVE YOU .
HAVOC

Phoenix, NY

#14 Feb 9, 2008
I have to agree with lady tiger fan on this one. We
have no fan support for the lady tigers, just wait
and see there is a double header Friday night with Corbin and see how many people are there. We have a very talented girls ball club especially with the
young JV team coming up with there quickness and ability to pass the ball extremely well. I personally think that we will win the district and region and we will be going to the state again and this is one lady tiger fan that is always at every game supporting our girls and will be with them at Bowling Green. The lady tigers will be in action Monday night against Lexington Catholic it will be a good game to watch so stop ditching the lady tigers and come and see for yourself what we are capable of.
smitty

Mayfield, KY

#15 Feb 9, 2008
one question did any of these great ball player you have mentioned win the state championship for clay county? give these girls credit for what they are doing and stop talking negative about our girls. GO LADY TIGERS AND YES WE DO LOVE YOU!
confused

Versailles, KY

#16 Feb 9, 2008
They miss Steph. Gemma is the only consistent scorer. With Steph this team would be top 10 in the state. Two years from now they will be a joy to watch.
Lady Tiger Fan

London, KY

#17 Feb 9, 2008
I hate to say it but our girls just can't shoot from outside accept for Jemma and Sarah but they all are outstanding hustlers and until we can consistantly start knocking down shots from ouside, teams are going to clog up the middle and keep our big girls from scoring. That is one point I agree with Junkie we could use the outside shooting of Steph, Mills, and Fisher but hopefully our girls will start knocking them down. Go Lady Tigers !!!!!!!!!!
FACT

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Feb 9, 2008
It amazes me how the girls who are no longer on the team are more important than the girls who are on the team. FYI there are outside shooters on the team they just spend more time on the bench than they do in the game!
CC BB Fan

London, KY

#19 Feb 9, 2008
Not so FACT, the best shooters start but they aren't hitting. Fox, Gray,and Burchell are by far the best shooters on the team but they are in a mild slump.Surelly they will come out of it by Tournament time and this will allow Jackson and Phillips more oppurtunity to score inside.
My opinion

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Feb 9, 2008
If you ask me the big girls under the goal need to be more aggressive and go up stronger and that would make a world of difference in what is going on. But that is just my opinion. Hinkle seems to be looking really aggressive maybe she will be able to help out under the goal some and get the job done.
lady tigers all the way

Fulton, NY

#21 Feb 9, 2008
your hope in this team is in the 3 smith girls .they r so good
South Laurel Fan

London, KY

#22 Feb 9, 2008
Well, what I think is your team is running the same plays that Burchette ran in Middle School and ever since he replaced Gray at High School and the other coaches have figured out how to counter act them and there is no one to run your team like Gilbert did a few years back but if Jackson hadn't quit you would be better.GO LADY CARDINALS ALL THE WAY TO DIDDLE ARENA!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW YOU WILL !!!!!!!!!!
confused

Versailles, KY

#23 Feb 9, 2008
No one to run the team like Gilbert? No crap. She's just the best player to ever play at Clay County. Point guard is not the problem. It's lacking consistent scoring from outside and someone that can break down a defender one on one. That is where Steph is missed.
ignorant ass people

Hazard, KY

#24 Feb 9, 2008
WELL GILBERT IS OLD NEWS SHE IS GONE SOOOOOO LET IT GO, U NEED TO FOCUS ON THE TEAM WITH WHOM THEY HAVE NOW , NOT F'N JAMIE GILBERT. ALL THAT I CAN SAY IS THAT YOU ARE CONFUSED(U CHOSE A GOOD NAME FOR YOURSELF) SHE SCORED ALOT OF POINTS CAUSE SHE SHOT LIKE 150 SHOTS A GAME , IF I SHOT THAT MUCH I COULD SCORE 20 OR 30 POINTS A GAME , HECK PROBABLY MORE THAN THAT ... THE CLAY COUNTY GIRLS DO JUST FINE THEY ARE A YOUNG CREW GIVE THEM SOME TIME ... CONFUSED GO FIND SOMETHING TO DO IF U CAN....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min Timothy 138,369
james harris poker king suger daddy for angie n... 3 hr mrwhite 2
found woody montoya (Sep '08) 10 hr Hero 17
Looking for HUD approved home to rent 16 hr anna 3
Wilson boy 17 hr shutup 2
Wes Whithead 19 hr LMAO 4
Watch out everybody it's the first of the month. 22 hr Kevin 1
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]