Flowers

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Found a flower place called R&M Wholesale at the Carryville Tennessee exit. Its just past Corbins exits. You can see it on a hill on the right side of the interstate if you look. I went in there. Wow. You wont believe how cheap the silk flowers are. They sell to anyone. They sell the Sympathy throws and art prints dirt cheap. They even sell the funeral home cards. If you have a tax ID you get it a little cheaper. The silks are just like the ones you just stick in the foam at memorial gardens. They sell the round foam. Anyone can do it. The flowers are only like $8 and $12.50 for even the biggest gorgeous ones. They have all the netting of any color like you get at the local florists.

You will do your own flowers and send your own gifts to the funeral homes for now on. Who wouldnt for those prices. I stocked up and have no problem dropping my gifts off at the funeral home. I bought several things and I am going to drop off my own gifts in the future. Money is tight. This is the only way to go.

On valentines day I dont want my husband spending $50 on something thats going to need thrown out. Thats $50 you will never see again. I rather have a $50 piece of jewelry. Belks JCPenneys and Dobson and Keith is where I would get jewelry or a nice watch or great Pefume.....
Cant Find It

Flat Lick, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Where?
Flowers

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Pass Jellico Mountain and its the only Carryville Tennessee exit on the right and you can see R&M wholesale on a large metal building on a hill. Google it. Very easy to find.
UhhI

Flat Lick, KY

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Flowers wrote:
Pass Jellico Mountain and its the only Carryville Tennessee exit on the right and you can see R&M wholesale on a large metal building on a hill. Google it. Very easy to find.
Long way past Corbin.
Coming soon

United States

#5 Feb 10, 2013
We are going to open a pretty nifty flower-gift shop to serve Manchester and the surrounding area. Will beat any price as soon as we get going. Will update post with details later and will get an ad going in your local paper!!!!
Worth the drive

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Flowers wrote:
that place has Awesome prices. Didn't know the mark up was that much$$$$$
Valentine

London, KY

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Coming soon wrote:
We are going to open a pretty nifty flower-gift shop to serve Manchester and the surrounding area. Will beat any price as soon as we get going. Will update post with details later and will get an ad going in your local paper!!!!
Thats awesome,Corums used to be a good place to do bussiness,but since Gladys retired the customer service is just not the same.It will be great to have somewhere else to go to.
idk

Middlesboro, KY

#8 Feb 10, 2013
Valentine wrote:
<quoted text>Thats awesome,Corums used to be a good place to do bussiness,but since Gladys retired the customer service is just not the same.It will be great to have somewhere else to go to.
Mama & Mia's! They have all kinds of nice things aside from flowers. I am haven't been yet, but I've seen some Facebook pictures and it seems like a really nice shop.
Customer

London, KY

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Valentine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats awesome,Corums used to be a good place to do bussiness,but since Gladys retired the customer service is just not the same.It will be great to have somewhere else to go to.
When did Gladys retire?
Valentine

London, KY

#10 Feb 10, 2013
I haven't seen her down there in a long time. One of the girls that work there said she was having health problems. I hope she's feeling better.
Coming Soon

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 Feb 10, 2013
Our shop will have awesome designs. We will beat anyone else's prices by 30% at least. There is a huge markup on flowers. A $350 casket spray for us costs only about $75 dollars in actual cost of the flowers. We are only going to charge $150 for any casket spray and $25 funeral baskets. We will also have several gift lines that will not be marked up. We want to be a full service florist for here in Manchester. We want everyone here to get great deals and satisfaction guaranteed. Our memorial garden vases will start at $15 on up. Watch for our add in the news paper.
Customer

London, KY

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Coming Soon wrote:
Our shop will have awesome designs. We will beat anyone else's prices by 30% at least. There is a huge markup on flowers. A $350 casket spray for us costs only about $75 dollars in actual cost of the flowers. We are only going to charge $150 for any casket spray and $25 funeral baskets. We will also have several gift lines that will not be marked up. We want to be a full service florist for here in Manchester. We want everyone here to get great deals and satisfaction guaranteed. Our memorial garden vases will start at $15 on up. Watch for our add in the news paper.
Where will you be located?
no need

London, KY

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Coming Soon wrote:
sorry to say this, but we have to many already. have no need for another florist in this lil town, think about it... one just went out of business (trudies) because not enough trade so you better think long and hard before you do, just trying to help you. there would be no way i would go into a new business this day and time. there is only so much need for flowers and those trinkets and really people are getting tired of those. when someone passes away they are sending gideon bibles now, so i would really pray about this first , it's a big step and alot of dept.
Future customer

Somerset, KY

#14 Feb 13, 2013
no need wrote:
<quoted text>sorry to say this, but we have to many already. have no need for another florist in this lil town, think about it... one just went out of business (trudies) because not enough trade so you better think long and hard before you do, just trying to help you. there would be no way i would go into a new business this day and time. there is only so much need for flowers and those trinkets and really people are getting tired of those. when someone passes away they are sending gideon bibles now, so i would really pray about this first , it's a big step and alot of dept.

Looks like someone is scared for a little competition.I,myself would love someone with good prices and friendly people running it.
curious

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Feb 13, 2013
If it cost $75 for the flower's,and the arrangement priced $150,that doesn't seem that cheap.Why would you double your price if your wanting to give cheap price's?But then i don't know how much time,and labor goes into this.Good luck!
Alittle advice

Tucker, GA

#16 Feb 13, 2013
Price shop the other stores and undercut their prices do quality work and you will get the business from here and surrounding areas. There is always room for more business and it helps keep the prices in check. I think this is the store that is locating in town. Well good luck we need what we can get in Manchester!! I comute in everyday but do business there :)
bargain hunter

Flat Lick, KY

#17 Feb 13, 2013
Alittle advice wrote:
Price shop the other stores and undercut their prices do quality work and you will get the business from here and surrounding areas. There is always room for more business and it helps keep the prices in check. I think this is the store that is locating in town. Well good luck we need what we can get in Manchester!! I comute in everyday but do business there :)
Where at in Manchester?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Future customer wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like someone is scared for a little competition.I,myself would love someone with good prices and friendly people running it.
I think the other poster is right. What few things we do have in Manchester, we have three or four of in town. You don't see too many new ideas coming in here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min really 151,732
Big wildcat 1 hr sweetass 2
dog thieves from Northern Kentucky 5 hr Onionskinner 13
The Jackaons What Is Going On With Them 6 hr Friend 33
Beech Creek Apartments 12 hr Eyes 23
Anyone know any simmions off big wildcat rd 14 hr Idkmyname 2
Just some good old fun 14 hr Really 35

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages