Next Football Coach
exactly

Murray, KY

#63 May 5, 2012
That is a good question.
sad

London, KY

#64 May 6, 2012
If anyone get the job other than Shickle then its nothing more than political BS as usual in Clay County....
Teddy

Murray, KY

#65 May 6, 2012
I really don't think anyone cares who gets it.
sooo

Murray, KY

#66 May 6, 2012
sad wrote:
If anyone get the job other than Shickle then its nothing more than political BS as usual in Clay County....
Has this guy ever coached at the varsity level anywhere?
so excited

Manchester, KY

#67 May 7, 2012
Big news today will be, new football Coach Evan Napier!!!! I think he will do a great job!
Teddy

Murray, KY

#68 May 7, 2012
Today we get to see the integrity and character of the hiring comittee.
Rosco

Murray, KY

#69 May 7, 2012
My guess is that the good ole boy political fasion buddy system is still in effect in CLAY COUNTY.Tonight at the meeting we will see if the program decides to move forward or travels backwards about 15 years.
Deserving

Pella, IA

#70 May 7, 2012
Evan got it... he put in the time he deserves a chance, better to have someone who wants to be here than someone who doesnt care. Best of luck to Coach E and the Tigers.
New coach

Murray, KY

#71 May 7, 2012
The board should be ashamed of themselves, but hell what do we expect? There isn't much that's going to change until we get someone with a backbone and a brain of their own in charge. This is typical clay county and everyone has their own agenda, it's just to bad our kids have to suffer because of it. Looking foward to another 0-10 season next year, thanks.
Big Dave

Murray, KY

#72 May 7, 2012
Deserving wrote:
Evan got it... he put in the time he deserves a chance, better to have someone who wants to be here than someone who doesnt care. Best of luck to Coach E and the Tigers.
What time has he put in? I say that he just blew everyone away in the interveiw and that his daddy had nothing to do with this hire.
Woo

Murray, KY

#73 May 7, 2012
the Boys running 15-0 on the way to a state title this fall.
Im a Fan U R not

Murray, KY

#74 May 7, 2012
Whats his resume? everybody talks how much he deserves it (not saying hes doesnt) but im not sure if ive ever heard of him doing anything.
five

Ripley, TN

#75 May 7, 2012
who cares clay county will be darn lucky to win a couple of games ..who gives a hoot...you have no players no talent ...its a lost cause
GO EVAN

London, KY

#76 May 7, 2012
Person who puts in the time. About time they give it to a GOOD OLE CLAY COUNTY BOY. The board must be wising up. ABOUT TIME.
Mark

London, KY

#77 May 7, 2012
Dear Five, you have no idea what you're talking about and you should be ashamed to disrespect the team. Those guys have more integrity, respect, heart and desire than someone like you will ever have. There's a lot of talent on the team and those guys respect Coach E. As for experience on the coaching staff, I think you'll see a lot of experience out there this year and the fans can expect to see a season to be proud of. There will be a lot of young guys playing but they're full of fire and eager to win. If any of you people have watched this team practice, you know they're looking good. Instead of trash talking these guys, give them a chance and support them. No matter who the coach is or isn't, these are kids and they deserve our support.....GO TIGERS!! Congratulations Coach E and best of luck.
haha

Murray, KY

#78 May 7, 2012
Mark wrote:
Dear Five, you have no idea what you're talking about and you should be ashamed to disrespect the team. Those guys have more integrity, respect, heart and desire than someone like you will ever have. There's a lot of talent on the team and those guys respect Coach E. As for experience on the coaching staff, I think you'll see a lot of experience out there this year and the fans can expect to see a season to be proud of. There will be a lot of young guys playing but they're full of fire and eager to win. If any of you people have watched this team practice, you know they're looking good. Instead of trash talking these guys, give them a chance and support them. No matter who the coach is or isn't, these are kids and they deserve our support.....GO TIGERS!! Congratulations Coach E and best of luck.
Are you stupid? All he said was he thinks they will be lucky to win a couple games which more than likely they'll win 0, and they don't have any talent which they don't other than the lineman.
Wondering

Hyden, KY

#79 May 7, 2012
I'm just wondering how anyone could pass up on Tim Shickell. He has more integrity and talent than anyone who interviewed. He would give you the shirt right off his back if needed. Not only that, he knows football inside and out. Leslie County won the district title this year with Shickell as assistant coach. He sets a positive example for the boys both on and off the field and would have made a great assest to the Clay County Tiger team. With all that being said, Tim will be the first to congratulate Evan because thats just the kind of person he is. Boy, I hope this mistake dont come back to bite you in the rear.
Bopper

Murray, KY

#80 May 7, 2012
Don't blame the players,teachers ,or anyone else.Mike Gregory ,Wayne Napier and Nicholson made this hire.If you don't like it then blame them. If you do like it then give these good ole boys a pat on the back.Now lets go Tigers yeah BABY. Clay county proud.
hey man back off

Murray, KY

#81 May 7, 2012
Wondering wrote:
I'm just wondering how anyone could pass up on Tim Shickell. He has more integrity and talent than anyone who interviewed. He would give you the shirt right off his back if needed. Not only that, he knows football inside and out. Leslie County won the district title this year with Shickell as assistant coach. He sets a positive example for the boys both on and off the field and would have made a great assest to the Clay County Tiger team. With all that being said, Tim will be the first to congratulate Evan because thats just the kind of person he is. Boy, I hope this mistake dont come back to bite you in the rear.
I got news for you THe BIg E is the best tiger of all time. He was a superbbbb athlete that not even big shick could overcome. He'll have these boys running through teams like belfry and breathitt and throwing over teams like boyle and highlands by next week under his leadership. id expect our rb to run for 4000 yards and our qb to throw for 7000 yards while our d gives up -50 points next season. so what if he has'nt won any games or dont have as much experience, or hasnt finished college hes still the best coach i have ever seen in my life and ive met aaron stepp before. you people need to get on board and quit bashing. Its the same beginning to the same tradition here in clay county. Go Tigers!
I put the Pat in Patriots

Murray, KY

#82 May 7, 2012
Bopper wrote:
Don't blame the players,teachers ,or anyone else.Mike Gregory ,Wayne Napier and Nicholson made this hire.If you don't like it then blame them. If you do like it then give these good ole boys a pat on the back.Now lets go Tigers yeah BABY. Clay county proud.
fellar you show me them backs and ill be the first to pat em. ill be throwin the pats around like its the superbowl all over again. ima tiger and we dont take nothin offa nobudy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley smith 8 min Colley 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr another viewer 168,031
Craziest women in Manchester 5 hr George Axl DeZarn 131
Peggy napiet SSI and the BULL DOG 6 hr Harley Davidson 1
Ryan Gibson 8 hr howabtthat 3
Down on George axl 13 hr Rightful 34
Kendra renee jackson what about her 20 hr Sad 18

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages