Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97179 Apr 24, 2014
Necessity is the mother of invention!
Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97180 Apr 24, 2014
Also with the saftey apparatus now gone, an old corn cob fits nicely as a plug to keep the gas from spilling out.

Location hidden

#97181 Apr 24, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Also with the saftey apparatus now gone, an old corn cob fits nicely as a plug to keep the gas from spilling out.
Heeheehee guess that's easy enough.... Just swipe one from the bucket in the outhouse. JK

Oh where did these gray clouds come from???*sigh*
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97185 Apr 25, 2014
22 hours without a post on this thread. That could be a new reccord. Just started storming here with lightening and thunder that woke me. I am glad I planted some veggies yesterday.

Location hidden

#97186 Apr 25, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Mr. Fat Mouse might have had a big belly but his pea brain could not outsmart the old wolf man. Solution... 2 traps side by side and while Mr. Fat Mouse was trying to steal peanut butter goodies from one trap, the 2nd trap sitting right adjacent to it caught his arse. LOL Funeral services scheduled for 3:30 am. hehehe
How did I miss this post? Lol kudos to the mighty Wolf! Mr. Fat Mouse met his match and his maker.!

Location hidden

#97187 Apr 25, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
22 hours without a post on this thread. That could be a new reccord. Just started storming here with lightening and thunder that woke me. I am glad I planted some veggies yesterday.
It's unusual for us to get the storms before you but our storm past through around 3-4am. I slept right through it not even hearing a sound!
Busy morning ahead, I believe I've located a corner cabinet at a cheap price and then I'm off to look at a rock, a big ole 1,000 pounder+ rock! Kinda looks like a turtle with a portion of the shell missing---according to the text pic they sent me. It took them 3 hours to dig it out of the ground and it'd be a nice addition to the pond area.
truth

United States

#97188 Apr 25, 2014
My dang garden is flooded and i just planted 2 days ago ah hell
Hum

Charlestown, IN

#97189 Apr 25, 2014
Good morning bird lovas. Grey skys today but beautiful none the less. Fridays are awesome. I feel like some tequila later lol.
hum

London, KY

#97194 Apr 25, 2014
So awesome to be done with work :) Time to poor it up lol tequila time
On the Rocks

Lyndora, PA

#97195 Apr 26, 2014
Glad I didn't drink any.
Big Bird

Flat Lick, KY

#97196 Apr 26, 2014
I see at least one bird survived.

Looking at it right now. It's a big one too.
working woman

Horse Cave, KY

#97198 Apr 26, 2014
Anyone here work at Wilbert? I do. Have to find a better job. Low pay and too many hours. Does anyone know of any factories hiring without going through a temp agency?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#97199 Apr 26, 2014
working woman wrote:
Anyone here work at Wilbert? I do. Have to find a better job. Low pay and too many hours. Does anyone know of any factories hiring without going through a temp agency?
I don't . Most on this thread are retired...
working woman

Horse Cave, KY

#97200 Apr 26, 2014
Thank you. I meant to put this somewhere else but I do appreciate you answering.
Hum

Elizabethtown, IN

#97201 Apr 26, 2014
Good morning all and bird lovas. Beautiful day blue skys. Slight headache from tequila lol. Lots to do. Happy Saturday :)
Big Bird

Flat Lick, KY

#97202 Apr 26, 2014
working woman wrote:
KY Div Fish & Wildlife is hiring dead bird counters.
working woman

Horse Cave, KY

#97203 Apr 26, 2014
Thank you Big Bird but with a name like that you better watch out. You may be next. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97206 Apr 26, 2014
I need to get a job even if the pay is low, just so I can get some rest. LOL Retirement comes with way too many chores like clearing bushes for making a day time chicken run, mowing grass, laundry, house cleaning, cooking, ad infinitum.... Maybe if I had a job I could earn enough so as to take applications for a wife... just kidding.....
Kenclucky

Greensburg, PA

#97208 Apr 26, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I need to get a job even if the pay is low, just so I can get some rest. LOL Retirement comes with way too many chores like clearing bushes for making a day time chicken run, mowing grass, laundry, house cleaning, cooking, ad infinitum.... Maybe if I had a job I could earn enough so as to take applications for a wife... just kidding.....
What's a "chicken run" Wolf?

Song for today: Joe Tex "Skinny Legs"
bug

Indianapolis, IN

#97211 Apr 26, 2014
What a beautiful day reminds me of a time when I was a kid id help my grandma in the garden during the day, and catfish in the evenings with granddaddy. Those memories I will share with my own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Reason 148,450
Salt Works Festival 6 hr Tabitha 1
Greenbriar 10 hr Concerned 2
chelsey crail is awesome (Jan '10) 16 hr Just like it is 8
Ray and Connie Martin 16 hr Puckett 9
coal hollower (Apr '13) 16 hr ice 5
red head amber Sun swimmer 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages