Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#96950 Apr 13, 2014
imposter wrote:
Coyote calls woke me up, a whole pack of the scalawags were out there complaining at the moon for being so bright. They kept it up so long I had to go out and sound off a little .45 caliber salute to them. Its good to live so far back in the sticks you could set off a cannon at 1 am and no one would hear a loud enough noise to care. Life is good, yes it is. The thread thing said 11 hours since the last post, is that a record here?
Back to the sack, all I can here now is a little wind in the cherry blossoms and a few frogs in the creek. I was a little mad at the coyotes but heck they're just doing their thing. They did wake me up to see that moonlight on those cherry blossoms, I dont think I have ever been so content in all my days. God is definitely good to us. Goodnight.
Hi Honey!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#96951 Apr 13, 2014
Good Morning bird threaders,
I went in a great hike yesterday, the earth is waking up from a long winter and boy can she put on a show!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96952 Apr 13, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
Good Morning bird threaders,
I went in a great hike yesterday, the earth is waking up from a long winter and boy can she put on a show!
Good Morning, Miss E!! I see you have your flip flops -or as we used to call them, thongs-- on in celebration of spring!! Isn't everything so beautiful!! Maybe that's a good thing about long cold winters, it gives us an appreciation of the beauty of spring .
imposter

Northfield, OH

#96954 Apr 13, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, GOD is good to us and I too live so far back in the boondocks that I was out at 2 am hammering, nailing, and running the saw with the porch light supplementing the moon beams. Maybe it was not the coyotes you heard, but my saw a-howlin and echoing over the hills LOL...... Contented? Definitely... I don't have any money and don't care because I have life and live the way I want... Success is relative and I am richer than some millionaire worrying about the stock market and will go in a few hours to Palm Sunday and Thank GOD for all his blessings. Goodnight to you too.
It sure turned out to be a good night thanks. Yep we can never be thankful enough for the simple blessings which are truly the only gold we need here on earth, if you think about it.

I couldn't get 100 grand for my whole spread and all the land with it, but you cant look in any direction from my back porch and not see beauty. You can smell it, hear it, and feel it. Thank the good Lord. Good night again.
imposter

Northfield, OH

#96955 Apr 13, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Honey!
Hello beautiful!
Hey, I must have taken a right instead taking that left in Albuquerque.
Blessed night to you missE.
imposter

Northfield, OH

#96956 Apr 13, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
@imposter & AW, the posting night owls, Good Morning! I also live far back in the boonies, but there's a couple neighbors a couple thousand feet from my door.:-(:-) Mixed feelings about that! Lol., I could shoot a gun, run a saw or pound a hammer and it wouldn't wake them. What we hear-sometimes-is their tires on their gravel driveway! Guess the lay of the land and the trees are just right to carry that sound to us! Lol
Last night, 2am? I was sawing logs. Zzzzzzz! I'm leaving the guns and hammering to you guys!
I did a first for me--I went to Thunder over Louisville last night. Loved the airshow and the fireworks! Yes it was crowded but not as bad as I thought it would be. We were a group of 10, including 1 in a wheelchair. We found our spot and sat lined up like birds on a wire, drank our soft drinks and ate our snacks. Life is good.
Yes Anne girl life is Good and he is very good to us. I was wakened mad but bedded back down in grace after a long prayer of thanks. May you have a wonderful night. I am off to the back porch to listen to the night sounds start up... and count my gold.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96959 Apr 14, 2014
imposter wrote:
<quoted text>It turned out to be a good night thanks. Yep we can never be thankful enough for the simple blessings which are truly the only gold we need here on earth, if you think about it.
I couldn't get 100 grand for my whole spread and all the land with it, but you cant look in any direction from my back porch and not see beauty. You can smell it, hear it, and feel it. Thank the good Lord. Good night again.
It is the same here except I probably could not get 1/2 that much for my 2 acres nestled between 600 acres of woods on the one side toward the river and my grandfather's old farm on the other. All of that was lost in the mid 50s when my grandfather went on to Glory and my dad had to sell due to my mother's declining health and us with no electricity or running water at that time. It was just a run-down old shack when I got it back 50 years later and have personally brought it back to be a cozy little cottage using recycled lumber and materials and being blessed by GOD to be able to do all the work myself. I can smell, hear, and feel this Homestead just full of Norman Rockwell style memories from my youth. While I don't have much money, this place is not For Sale at any price. Just being able to post my ancestor's last name back on the rural mailbox brought back such a wonderful feeling of nostalgia. GOD is definitely good even at 4 a.m. Good Morning to all.

Location hidden

#96960 Apr 14, 2014
It is 4:27am now and thanks to the caffeine I drank yesterday I have not been asleep :-(

AW, you place sounds like a million in memories and love. You are so blessed to "have it all". you have the dog and chickens and good enough health to do your little bit of carpentry and wood chopping. You've absolutely made the best lemonade with the lemons that happened your way. Have a wonderful day!
qwerty

Luck, WI

#96961 Apr 14, 2014
You look forward to a busy workday, today. You connect with people that have your same interest and fun conversations can ensue. Do not ask for a loan or a raise today. Do not pass "go", do not collect $200. This afternoon you may give some thought as to how many people you know that have changed birds recently. You have noticed that your own living surroundings are getting a bit filthy. This just may be the perfect time to buy a dumpster. This is a very lucky day for making whoopee and finding your way through any monkey bars you may discover.
happy maybe

United States

#96962 Apr 14, 2014
Letting go of someone. Can be hard to do. Especially wgen the occasional little thing feels so big. But dont ruin the good thing for an old thing chasing a lost or forgotten happiness. Loneliness is hard but when we have someone that luvs the ground u walk on the sound of your voice on a bad day.i just Want to be the one to hold you when you are sad. Make you feel safe. Make u laugh when you want to cry. I just want to say I love you
hum

London, KY

#96963 Apr 14, 2014
Kinda gloomy out but still beautiful non the less. No work today, only peace and quiet lol. I do see some cleaning in my near future. Rarely do I have time for whoopee or even think about it until recently. I also see some retail therapy and mani pedi in near future.
imposter

Northfield, OH

#96966 Apr 14, 2014
I predict a few more berry and bud winters and then summertime in my future- if I keep kicking qwerty.
I go whoopee every morning when I wake up... not dead.
In another Wednesday or two uncle Sam will drag me past go, if he still has the money and sees fit...LOL Good to see you old bean.

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Since: Nov 13

Not Here

#96967 Apr 14, 2014
Good afternoon all! Feeling better in spirit today. Had a wonderful weekend and missing my closest friend but I know she is watching over me. Couldn't ask for better weather to enjoy the outdoors. Have a couple aloe plants that are not looking to healthy. I think they are getting to much sun if that is possible.

@Anne52- That is such great news that your Aunt is walking on her own accord. Dinner train trip? Please do tell, never heard of it. We go once a month to murder mystery dinner that is a lot of fun! Have you got the garage door fixed? Ya don't know how much ya miss it til it don't work kinda thing. Been there done that.

@Ancient Wolf- You have the right way to look at life!!! Money and material things are not going to bring you happiness...I so agree there! Surrounded by a loving family and many friends and a husband I so adore makes my life content. To have the cozy little cottage back with you...no price can ever be put on that! I love stuff like that I have a project to fix up a room of all memories of 4 generations. I have toys and pictures of family playing with the same toys back from my grandmother. Can't explain how it brings the feeling of warm fuzzies to my heart! To me PRICELESS!!! Life is wonderful and I am blessed.

Well I have many outdoor projects and indoor ones that need to get done. Always have something to do. I thought of getting some hens but there is more to it I think so I will pass. Be kind cool to go out in the pens and get fresh eggs every day. I heard they only lay one egg a day. So 4 hens would be ok. Who knows maybe I will but not until next year.

So nice to visit with you all. Have a good week!

Location hidden

#96970 Apr 14, 2014
imposter wrote:
I predict a few more berry and bud winters.
In another Wednesday or two uncle Sam will drag me past go, if he still has the money and sees fit...LOL Good to see you old bean.
Dogwood winter, blackberry winter. But Snow? Again?
May 2 is when Uncle Sam drags my better half past go. Maybe better half will procrastinate a little bit though .. Hope so, lol, I've got some projects on the back burner thatll cost a pretty penny.,I've got about 100 of old cut stones that was used in a basement and the landscaping guy wants $5. Each to set them into a wall... Shhhh, don't tell my better half. Lol

Location hidden

#96972 Apr 14, 2014
bestguest wrote:
Good afternoon all! Feeling better in spirit today. Had a wonderful weekend and missing my closest friend but I know she is watching over me. Couldn't ask for better weather to enjoy the outdoors. Have a couple aloe plants that are not looking to healthy. I think they are getting to much sun if that is possible.

@Anne52- That is such great news that your Aunt is walking on her own accord. Dinner train trip? Please do tell, never heard of it. We go once a month to murder mystery dinner that is a lot of fun! Have you got the garage door fixed? Ya don't know how much ya miss it til it don't work kinda thing. Been there done that.
I have a project to fix up a room of all memories of 4 generations. I have toys and pictures of family playing with the same toys back from my grandmother. Can't explain how it brings the feeling of warm fuzzies to my heart! To me PRICELESS!!! Life is wonderful and I am blessed.

Well I have many outdoor projects and indoor ones that need to get done. Always have something to do. I thought of getting some hens but there is more to it I think so I will pass. Be kind cool to go out in the pens and get fresh eggs every day. I heard they only lay one egg a day. So 4 hens would be ok.!
So sorry about your friend. I know it hurts a lot.
The aloe plant: we used to have them planted in the outdoor flower bed and they were huge. We also had what my grandmother called "mother-in-law tongue" planted in the flower bed. Sure wouldn't work in this Ohio River Valley!
The dinner train is out of iNew Haven KY. We've done the train robbery rides a couple of times. The money that the masked gunman collect goes to the Crusade for Children. It's also pretty neat to recognize a couple of the horseback bandits. Our neighbors enjoy participating in reenactments--civil war,train robberies, etc.
(Garage door is fixed, yay!-needed a new GFCI installed.)

Hope your projects stay on course and you keep the motivation to finish them!!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96975 Apr 14, 2014
Sometimes I think science has surpassed humanity!.Now, I didn't just desert ya all but last night (Sun.) I posted a good "long", humorous explanation and.......as I thought,...it didn't fly......again. I guess it's stuck somewhere up there on Venus. Anyhow, after getting caught up with the posts, it's quite evident that we got some of the same weather. The night of Apr. 3, we got a beast from the east and another from the west that brought wind, thunder, lightning and mucho rain! It knocked out one leg on our transformer out there on the road and "FRIED" our internet modul. We had to wait 5 days for Comcast (provider) to come out and tell us what exactly went wrong! Then we had to wait for a super-brain friend of Belle's to come out and set us back up again. But all's well that ends well, or, as you say,...God is good!......so I'll try to usher this post through.... Later........MM
imposter

Northfield, OH

#96977 Apr 14, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogwood winter, blackberry winter. But Snow? Again?
May 2 is when Uncle Sam drags my better half past go. Maybe better half will procrastinate a little bit though .. Hope so, lol, I've got some projects on the back burner thatll cost a pretty penny.,I've got about 100 of old cut stones that was used in a basement and the landscaping guy wants $5. Each to set them into a wall... Shhhh, don't tell my better half. Lol
The price of mortar laid cut stone was around twelve dollars a square foot back when I was in the business, I dont know much at all about those newer landscaping stone that you pin together. The ones I laid came from the quarry squared off, but the mason (me at the time) had to face each one of them by hand with a chisel. I'm sure you've seen those old stone walls and bridges at state parks. All this talk about rocks reminds me- I need to get started on my yearly rock garden, they sprout just fine, but none of them will grow. Good luck with the wall Anne girl it sounds like a fair price to me.
imposter

Northfield, OH

#96978 Apr 14, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Sometimes I think science has surpassed humanity!.Now, I didn't just desert ya all but last night (Sun.) I posted a good "long", humorous explanation and.......as I thought,...it didn't fly......again. I guess it's stuck somewhere up there on Venus. Anyhow, after getting caught up with the posts, it's quite evident that we got some of the same weather. The night of Apr. 3, we got a beast from the east and another from the west that brought wind, thunder, lightning and mucho rain! It knocked out one leg on our transformer out there on the road and "FRIED" our internet modul. We had to wait 5 days for Comcast (provider) to come out and tell us what exactly went wrong! Then we had to wait for a super-brain friend of Belle's to come out and set us back up again. But all's well that ends well, or, as you say,...God is good!......so I'll try to usher this post through.... Later........MM
Well look on the bright side! You had a few days off the grid to enjoy this great spring the Lord has made for us. The electricity went off in half of the county here yesterday and stayed off for about six hours, people were flipping their wigs. I know you probably remember the days of black and white TV as well as I do, we thought we had something didn't we? I actually think most of us here could go off line cold turkey and not have much trouble with it. Good night all.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96979 Apr 14, 2014
@ imposter.......you are sure right about not really missing this apperatus! I just got a real good start on a book about our American frontiersmen,(ya all's Dan'l Boone being one of them) when we got back on line. And "black and white", yessir, we were sure late in getting a TV but I remember Daniel Boone and Boonesborough played by .........mmmmmhh, well, that long-tall-drink-a-water,...oh yeah, Fess Parker. And now, I have no use for that boob-tube except for maybe a "real good" authentic Western. Needless to say, I've not seen the latest one on the Lone Ranger.
I'll quit for the night now but I'll have to say that the Dog Woods and the Red Buds sure do look pretty in the front yard. The Clamatus' are all nearly three feet up the climbers but not bloomed yet. Several years ago I put out some of all colors so there's something blooming all thru the summer. Red and white azaleas......oh yeah!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96985 Apr 15, 2014
imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Well look on the bright side! You had a few days off the grid to enjoy this great spring the Lord has made for us. The electricity went off in half of the county here yesterday and stayed off for about six hours, people were flipping their wigs. I know you probably remember the days of black and white TV as well as I do, we thought we had something didn't we? I actually think most of us here could go off line cold turkey and not have much trouble with it. Good night all.
I remember the days when dad took the battery off the car and brought it into the house to hook to the old console radio so we could listen to Gunsmoke, The Shadow, and The Grand Old Opry on Saturday nights. Then on Sunday morning he would roll start the car off the hill to take us all to church. We really had something when we first got electric. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min usa 151,830
Taco Bell in Manchester is a joke 6 hr Ole Goat 13
Manchester fci (Sep '14) 7 hr Surfer 5
wreck 8 hr Zombie 2
Clay County Days (Aug '15) 9 hr Tarzan 8
meth 9 hr Tarzan 5
Oxy 10 hr Tarzan 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance