Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
79,941 - 79,960 of 81,594 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Anne

United States

#95193 Jan 2, 2014
@MM. I would imagine leaves came in pretty handy during the summertime and great care was taken to pick the RIGHT leaves. Lol. My friends grandmother kept a stack of neatly folded rags, cut, sewn, and pressed, yes, PRESSED!, in the bathroom. We've also got to remember wet baby wipes are fairly new and that's a whole other situation.
@AW. Our next door neighbor at the last place we lived (a subdivision), heated with wood. His outdoor furnace was in a leanto on his garage. His ample wood supply was stacked among the trees next to the garage and covered with a makeshift roof attached to the trees. Once a year he would buy a load of logs and, using a chain saw and splitter, prepare the winters wood. Our lot had way too many trees and he was happy to cut them for firewood. I want trees and I enjoy the woods but those sweet gum tree balls knee deep in my back yard? No thanks!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95195 Jan 2, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Well,....just ignore the second half of my post second from above! It's amazing what you can get from a "search!" Toilet paper, as such, was invented in 1391 by China in large size material (with splinters!) In 1859 a similar product was continued in New York. In 1880, Scott's refined it, rolled it, eliminated splinters and added the 2-layer style. In between times, ANYTHING was used that was in or about a man's extremity from rocks to "hemp" knotted rope ends! "We've come a long way, Baby." ..(this is my dedication to 2014 !!!!!)
Ouch! I'm glad we've come along way.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95197 Jan 2, 2014
There is a story (probable lie) about an old guy who was squatting near a 3 strand barbed wire fence using leaves, His finger went through the leaves and got messy. When he went to sling the mess off his finger, the finger hit the barbs on the fencing. Where did his finger go next due to the pain? You know, of course. LOL
Anne

United States

#95199 Jan 2, 2014
Oh, how gross. Yuck.
Glad it didnt happen to me! Lol

For you guys handling that firewood . Be sure to wash your hands BEFORE you go. I hear Poison ivy is pretty rough.. Lol

Location hidden

#95200 Jan 2, 2014
Anne wrote:
Oh, how gross. Yuck.
Glad it didnt happen to me! Lol

For you guys handling that firewood . Be sure to wash your hands BEFORE you go. I hear Poison ivy is pretty rough.. Lol
If I ever see a pink calamine one, I'll know what happened.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#95201 Jan 2, 2014
Always preferred cutting black locust in winter. Splits easily and burns readily. But save whatever would make a good fence post, they make the best!
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#95202 Jan 2, 2014
Heeheehee, Ms E
Anne

United States

#95203 Jan 2, 2014
My neighbors future son in law has a wood splitter but mostly uses an ax. He is as strong as an ox! But we worry about him overdoing and ending up with a messed up back. This past year he cut a tremendous amount of firewood and sold every bit of it. He's a great guy to have around and he works fast ...and cheap. Does good work too! His number? BR549 . Lol
qwerty

Butler, KY

#95207 Jan 2, 2014
It's a day for keeping active and happily busy, whether you're pottying about at home or completely involved in a high-powered dump. You'll bring a lot of energy to whatever you doo doo, and it will be highly enjoyable as well. If you're at a loose end, consider bringing a friend or neighbor and suggesting that you both go together or have a night on the town. You want to live a little!
qwerty

United States

#95208 Jan 2, 2014
BTW, I offer toilet services to any master out there. I clean thoroughly and enjoy all water sports including felching and fecal feeding.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#95209 Jan 2, 2014
I see someone has been using my moniker for post #95208
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95210 Jan 2, 2014
Too cold for potty training. 15 degrees right now and getting colder. Supposed to be sub-zero by Monday brrrrrrrr !!!

Location hidden

#95211 Jan 2, 2014
Accept no imitation
There is only one qwerty
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95212 Jan 2, 2014
qwerty wrote:
I see someone has been using my moniker for post #95208
Imitation is the sincerest form of flatulence.
hmm

Mount Washington, KY

#95213 Jan 2, 2014
oyea
qwerty

Butler, KY

#95214 Jan 2, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
Accept no imitation
There is only one qwerty
Thanks nanny! I can be a little naughty sometimes, but I wont take it that far.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#95215 Jan 2, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Imitation is the sincerest form of flatulence.
Glad y'all have a sense of humor!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95216 Jan 2, 2014
@Miss E.. your offer to snuggle is being seriously considered LOL

Location hidden

#95217 Jan 2, 2014
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks nanny! I can be a little naughty sometimes, but I wont take it that far.
I know sweetie.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95218 Jan 2, 2014
I knew it was not the real qwerty

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Vince 151,100
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 30 min NO CHANCE 1,246
FarmerBoy 1 hr Malthiel 6
did wayne get fired from wklb 2 hr The Truth 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Horatio 130,467
Melanda Adams 3 hr Not valid 10
You’re Screwed Now 5 hr Reads too much 2
2 hunters shot in clay county 12 hr Big Doug 345
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••