Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81765 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#91107 Jul 24, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Ground turkey sure makes a good manwich.
Did you gobble it down?
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#91108 Jul 24, 2013
Gobble gobble.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91110 Jul 24, 2013
Just another lovely day here!
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#91111 Jul 24, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another lovely day here!
Absolutely perfect! Had some chicken, potatoes and gravy for supper. tasted pretty dog gone good and I just wish it was good for me.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91112 Jul 24, 2013
I found a piece of old steak in the freezer that was not freezer burned yet, sauteed it with onions and made some home fries. The onions and potatoes were pretty good but I decided that was not steak after all but the house shoes I had lost. LOL
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#91113 Jul 24, 2013
LOL!!!'

As my young cousin told my tearful mom: "Good ole tough steak'"

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91114 Jul 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I found a piece of old steak in the freezer that was not freezer burned yet, sauteed it with onions and made some home fries. The onions and potatoes were pretty good but I decided that was not steak after all but the house shoes I had lost. LOL
Very trendy high fiber lowering red meat consumption. I've eaten some healthy stuff that tastes just like an old shoe.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91115 Jul 24, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Gobble gobble.
Stop that or I'll want turkey and stuffing
Marke Twane

United States

#91116 Jul 24, 2013
childhood wrote:
A home remedy I have used many times for poison-ivy is bleach water. It helps to dry it up and helps stop the itch. I will even put bleach it the tub and take a bath in it. Just don't make the water too hot. This makes it feel worse instead of better. You will have to do it several days to completely dry up but, it helps. Hope this helps someone.
Another hint... to stop the itch of mosquito bites, just wash with soap and water. Run a soapy rag over the area good and rinse. Stops it every time!
It's not every day that you get a chance to post something here on Topix that might actually help someone.

I agree, for many years now, I have used a diluted chlorine bleach solution for poison ivy. It seems to work pretty well.

I have another home remedy to share. For sunburn rub apple cider vinegar all over the burned area. It stinks, but it will take the sting and hurt out. It always works really well for me.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#91117 Jul 24, 2013
french toast with homemade butter pecan syrup :)....workin on that insulin resistance tonight guys
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91118 Jul 24, 2013
betty wrote:
french toast with homemade butter pecan syrup :)....workin on that insulin resistance tonight guys
Good Gosh Amighty!!! You just made my tongue go limp! Never had the homemade syrup but, yessir,...my favorite...Butter Pecan Ice Cream. But thanks to ye ole sugar problem, some of that good ice cream is a rarity, I'll say.( the Belle made a big pan of spagetti tonight with Italian sausage meatballs....yeah, YUM YUM!)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91119 Jul 25, 2013
63 degrees out there right now. I will need to retrain myself and dog to be able to hike a leg while wearing jammies and a house coat. It will be more difficult but I think we can handle it. It is easier to find the sweaty-sticky business in the hotter temperatures. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91120 Jul 25, 2013
Old UNA would love this one. I saw on the local news where a guy was being arrested for turning a skunk loose in the restroom of a convenient market.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#91122 Jul 25, 2013
little trees that don't bend in the breeze..

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91123 Jul 25, 2013
Going to be another beautiful day! I hope you all are out enjoying it!
Imposter

London, KY

#91124 Jul 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Old UNA would love this one. I saw on the local news where a guy was being arrested for turning a skunk loose in the restroom of a convenient market.
I trapped a skunk a few years ago, caught her in a live trap. I was after a coon that was tearing up my garbage. I was going to relocate the coon way off somewhere.
But anyway...I came one hair of sneaking that skunk into the courthouse and letting her go in there LOL. Glad I thought better of it, I figured I'd end up in the pokey if I did that.
This whole county stinks of corruption anyways. That skunk wouldn't really have been out of place down there with the rest of those politician skunks.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91126 Jul 25, 2013
Out of Area wrote:
little trees that don't bend in the breeze..
Lol, that's just a matter of an opinion. I know, a small variety that moves whichever way it pleases.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91127 Jul 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
63 degrees out there right now. I will need to retrain myself and dog to be able to hike a leg while wearing jammies and a house coat. It will be more difficult but I think we can handle it. It is easier to find the sweaty-sticky business in the hotter temperatures. LOL
hmmm, need you some long tailed nightshirts. I ordered several from Wintersilks.com for Partner. He liked the breeze; just didn't like the emasculated feeling...Suppose, it was too much like a dress. LMAO.
John

Clay City, KY

#91128 Jul 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm, need you some long tailed nightshirts. I ordered several from Wintersilks.com for Partner. He liked the breeze; just didn't like the emasculated feeling...Suppose, it was too much like a dress. LMAO.
talk to the PR lady about this.
FRf

Hazard, KY

#91129 Jul 25, 2013
Dr

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 137,792
Searching 3 hr think 2
MURDER CHARGES in the Eli Marcum case (Feb '13) 5 hr Want you back 106
who got hung on paces creek? 9 hr sad 19
who is single 10 hr Ready 1
Erica collins 10 hr Dylan 4
Janice Combs 12 hr My Opinion 4
Superintendent Fri fed up 29
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]