Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81784 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Imposter

London, KY

#91064 Jul 23, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Rained here. But the garden liked it. Had a fried bologna sandwich and thought about UNA
TUF sure knew how to keep people laughing. He wont be forgotten as long as I have any mind left.
NoneOfMyBusiness

United States

#91066 Jul 23, 2013
Thank you. Amen
Anne

United States

#91068 Jul 23, 2013
I've read time and again about UNA. He must have been really special. I am so sorry he is no longer with us.
terry

Atlanta, GA

#91070 Jul 23, 2013
safe
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91073 Jul 23, 2013
Slippery elm bark can be used as a poultice for poison ivy and poison oak. I usually moisten the bark and cover the spots with gauze. Hope, it helps.
Anne

United States

#91074 Jul 23, 2013
My husband has a difficult time with any outbreak of poison--ivy, oak .. He ends up having to go to the doctor every time. He is so miserable and always talks about home remedies but we can't ever seem to find slippery elm.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91075 Jul 23, 2013
Vitacost and amazon.com carry slipperynelm powder, campfrey and golden seal can be added. Or just boil water, cool and use paste.Hope it helps;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91076 Jul 23, 2013
Anne wrote:
My husband has a difficult time with any outbreak of poison--ivy, oak .. He ends up having to go to the doctor every time. He is so miserable and always talks about home remedies but we can't ever seem to find slippery elm.
Slippery elm has relieved my daughter's skin rashes. The powder can be purchased through different stores. See below:) Cannot guarantee that it would work for him. Hope he finds relief:)
Imposter

London, KY

#91077 Jul 23, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Slippery elm has relieved my daughter's skin rashes. The powder can be purchased through different stores. See below:) Cannot guarantee that it would work for him. Hope he finds relief:)
It works I'll vouch for that. I have a sponge-bark (the right kind of slippery elm) in the backyard.
The powder, only the slippery elm powder now mind you, can be obtained from ground bark after about six to ten weeks of drying time during summer, in a dry shady place. I was always told it needed a just a little sun too during the drying process, to make it come into its full strength.
I have seen this powder mixed one half tablespoon steeped in hot water and taken twice a day put a persons IBS and Chrones into complete remission within a months time. Its been around six years now and the woman has had no further problems of that nature.
The stuff works wonders!
I'm glad you recommended it- I'll second that motion.
I swear I think it staves off cancer too.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91079 Jul 23, 2013
Just hanging out at the house. Wasn't today beautiful???
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91080 Jul 23, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>It works I'll vouch for that. I have a sponge-bark (the right kind of slippery elm) in the backyard.
The powder, only the slippery elm powder now mind you, can be obtained from ground bark after about six to ten weeks of drying time during summer, in a dry shady place. I was always told it needed a just a little sun too during the drying process, to make it come into its full strength.
I have seen this powder mixed one half tablespoon steeped in hot water and taken twice a day put a persons IBS and Chrones into complete remission within a months time. Its been around six years now and the woman has had no further problems of that nature.
The stuff works wonders!
I'm glad you recommended it- I'll second that motion.
I swear I think it staves off cancer too.
Imposter, hehehe, I have a bag of dried bark here. Sure wish I could send it to Anne. She shouldn't have trouble getting some though. Thanks, glad to hear that event;)
Bless you, hope your ticker is on the mend...
Anne

United States

#91081 Jul 23, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Imposter, hehehe, I have a bag of dried bark here. Sure wish I could send it to Anne. She shouldn't have trouble getting some though. Thanks, glad to hear that event;)
Bless you, hope your ticker is on the mend...
Misty, thanks for the thought anyway! I think my real problem is tree identification. I seem to have a mental block going on... Lol maybe the next chapter of my life will include things of this nature..

Have a wonderful night and sweet dreams to all of you!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91083 Jul 23, 2013
Since this a "birds" thread, how's the hummingbird population around there. Got several privates here and the Red Barron keeps bombarding the poor, hungry little guys! We keep four feeders out in the yard, enough for all, but they just gotta zoom down on one another. Comical to watch, tho.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91085 Jul 23, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
Since this a "birds" thread, how's the hummingbird population around there. Got several privates here and the Red Barron keeps bombarding the poor, hungry little guys! We keep four feeders out in the yard, enough for all, but they just gotta zoom down on one another. Comical to watch, tho.
Visual image of Woodstock and snoopy going in to the tune of the Red Barron song-- time for bed

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91086 Jul 23, 2013
Anne wrote:
I've read time and again about UNA. He must have been really special. I am so sorry he is no longer with us.
He was one of those characters that you had to laugh at even if what he said you disagreed with. I played the role of his Nanny on her-- trying to make him behave and rewarding him with bedtime stories like "The three pigs and the perils of subsidized housing"
It was good times
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91087 Jul 24, 2013
A bad storm around here about midnight with lightning flashing cannons directly over head and big booms vibrating the ground. It seemed similar to some battle such as Pickett's charge or even a taste of D-day.

Smaller mortar rounds as walnuts fell off the tree and crashed onto my metal roof. Then followed by machine gun rain and the screeching of lawn furniture being blown off my deck.

Dog and I hovered in the bunker (in the dark with no electric) fully expecting that the tree would get revenge from all the times we went out to hike a leg on it. But here we are again. LOL Good coffee and I hear that my roosters survived also.(last sentence on topic but who cares? Not me. LOL)
qwerty

Buna, TX

#91088 Jul 24, 2013
Someone is in a gently befuddleded state today, making it difficult to get through to them. Believe it or not, you may also be in a rather preoccupied mood now, and not nearly as on the eight ball as you might imagine. Never mind!
now get out there

AOL

#91089 Jul 24, 2013
now get out there and pick up the mess in the yard -
- you think any birds died during the storm?
now get out there

AOL

#91090 Jul 24, 2013
through all the rain and the pain ..........
you still got to try to smile

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#91091 Jul 24, 2013
must of been some dream the moon was sure shining big and bright around these parts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone wanna hook up tonight 1 hr Slickdaddy 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Who copied NT 148,152
William Wilson 11 hr Experience 9
Taco Bell in Manchester is a joke Mon Bad 1st Experience 1
Has anyone seen frank collins Mon gary 3
shooting Mon Sadden 7
goats Mon poor girl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages