Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89895 Jun 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I will keep your folks in my prayers. Hope that you are doing well. Take care, and try to get a good night's sleep, at least once in awhile. Lala
Thanks so much. I apreciate all the prayers that my parents have gotten from people they don't even know. I believe that is why my dad is better an back at home. I was up all night. I was sick to my stomach a lot yesterday. So I did something I never ever do- I called out at work. I just feel yucky, and don't think I could do my job today. My boss will understand, and I have paid time I can take. I am just going to lay around and TRY to relax today.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89897 Jun 4, 2013
political correctness wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO is this "CREATOR"? Does it have a name? Why can't you bring yourself to mention this "CREATOR'S" name? Are you ashamed? Are you so politically correct that you had rather please man than whoever THE CREATOR is? Very sad.
I could not care any less about political correctness or your opinion or pleasing any man or woman. The Creator is My God and Savior and the MASTER of all the creations. My useage of that term is simply to state that I recognize that GOD is in charge of everything. GOD has many identities and which ever one I choose to use, is between me and GOD.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89898 Jun 4, 2013
I suppose, Folks get offended when others refer to our Creator as the Great White Spirit as well.There's no politically involvement in my spiritual beliefs or lack of them. It's great to live in a country where we have such freedoms. Just the other day Christian children were killed because of bigotry and hate.
@ Roaming, may you feel better soon. That pollen is getting us around here. Partner is getting through some respiratory problems as well. Fortunately, our children remain well.Bless you.
It's a gorgeous day;) Off to enjoy it...

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89899 Jun 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
I suppose, Folks get offended when others refer to our Creator as the Great White Spirit as well.There's no politically involvement in my spiritual beliefs or lack of them. It's great to live in a country where we have such freedoms. Just the other day Christian children were killed because of bigotry and hate.
@ Roaming, may you feel better soon. That pollen is getting us around here. Partner is getting through some respiratory problems as well. Fortunately, our children remain well.Bless you.
It's a gorgeous day;) Off to enjoy it...
It IS a beautiful day, but I won't be going out to enjoy it. I think while I was in the hospital the last couple of weeks taking care of daddy that I may have caught something. I will stay in and take the meds today, and see the doctor tomorrow if I am not a lot better. Lots of viruses going around.
Testing

Ashland, KY

#89900 Jun 4, 2013
I am just testing to see if my post will post. Sorry for the bother.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89901 Jun 4, 2013
Yes it posted.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89902 Jun 4, 2013
Testing wrote:
I am just testing to see if my post will post. Sorry for the bother.
No need to be sorry. Everyone has a right to post, to read, or to ignore.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#89903 Jun 4, 2013
We live in a world where many people don't believe in morals.
They do whatever seems "right in their own eyes."
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89905 Jun 4, 2013
my big babies first day of school (tear)..... they grow up so fast!(sniff sniff):)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89906 Jun 4, 2013
actually there are a whole slew of cultures who refer to him as the CREATOR.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89907 Jun 4, 2013
betty wrote:
my big babies first day of school (tear)..... they grow up so fast!(sniff sniff):)
A plus side to it is that you might not have to help with homework;) And get to provide all the extracurricular activities. Hehe. It sure will help you both in the long run.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89908 Jun 4, 2013
Hey betty, lol @ your school hubby. You know that troll is the one from before who couldn't make friends with anybody and hated that Una made friends with us. The one who spams you, AW, me and a few others.

Did you see this on the national news? It's so precious:

Police dog bids touching farewell to fallen human partner

Video: A photo of a police dog saying goodbye to his fallen human partner over the weekend is going viral. Photojournalist Jonathan Palmer captured the touching moment when the dog places his paw on his partner’s casket.

A photo demonstrating the bond between a man and his dog is breaking hearts across the Internet.

The picture shows Figo, a K-9 officer, paying his last respects at the funeral of his fallen human partner, Kentucky police officer Jason Ellis. In the photo, Figo lays a paw on Ellis’s casket. The 33-year-old Ellis was killed in a suspected ambush.
The picture generated hundreds of comments after being posted on Reddit.

"Dogs can actually smell when someone or something is dead and it gives them closure. Not sure if he can tell it's him through the coffin, but he should," wrote one Reddit user.

Figo was retired after his partner’s death and is now living with Ellis’ family. Bardstown, Ky., police chief Rick McCubbin told the Associated Press said that the dog and Ellis were “true partners."

http://www.today.com/pets/police-dog-bids-tou... -
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89909 Jun 4, 2013
Hey bird threaders, hope you all are enjoying our great weather the CREATOR has given us. We are so fortunate in our part of the country. This slideshow will put a smile on your face. They are adorable.

These pics of pets and kids cuddling are all the cute you'll ever need

The next behavioral scientist with a research grant to burn might want to compile some hard data on how children who share a daily snuggle with a pet grow into happier adults. Heck, we know just by looking at these pictures that they're contented kids. And the animals are doing more than OK, too. Knowing your best friend has your back, even if he's using it for a pillow, is the most comforting feeling in the world. Whether it's on the dog bed or in the baby crib, soul mates always nap better together. And if you didn't have a pet to cuddle with as a kid, you can still be a happier adult, too. Just sit back and let all of this cute wash over you.

http://now.msn.com/pets-and-kids-cuddle-in-th...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89910 Jun 4, 2013
@lala, check out this woman's luck on her birthday. I haven't heard anything else about the ones in Louisiana...

Sinkhole swallows woman's swimming pool on her birthday (surprise!)

A Florida woman got a birthday present she really didn't want: a sinkhole swallowing up her swimming pool. Suzanne Blumenauer, who clearly has impeccable timing, had just thrown a giant pool party at her Winter Park, Fla., home on Sunday night. On Monday evening, she headed out on a birthday dinner date and returned to find her swimming pool sinking into the ground (not a good sign). On the sage advice of a friend, Blumenauer called the fire department (definitely a good move). By late Monday, the hole was 40 feet deep and up to 50 feet wide, and several homes had been evacuated.

http://now.msn.com/florida-sinkhole-swallows-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89911 Jun 4, 2013
Hilarious

Distraction: Cat hates ThunderShirt

The only thing this cat hates more than his ThunderShirt is his ThunderShirt.

http://www.cnn.com/video/...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89912 Jun 4, 2013
Profound...

Touching Shadow Dance About the Loss of a Mother

One of the final performances by Attraction, a shadow dance troupe, was so emotional they even moved Simon Cowell to tears. It tells the story of the loss of a mother; you'll be so grateful for your own family after this.

http://www.godvine.com/Touching-Shadow-Dance-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89913 Jun 4, 2013
Funny, but I wouldn't bother. lol

Scorned lady writes best breakup letter ever

Some scorned women enact crazy revenge schemes like scalding their lover's testicles or pooping on the floor. Others take more creative routes.

This anonymous lady, whom we'll refer to as "our personal hero" from here on out, turned her breakup into a fun little scavenger hunt for her soon-to-be-ex. After discovering he was cheating on her, she apparently scattered his belongings at all of their relationship landmarks, writing an awesome breakup letter in the process. The brilliance is she eliminated the overplayed "throw his clothes over the balcony," but also got rid of his stuff AND rendered their old memory spots powerless. Genius!

http://now.msn.com/funny-breakup-letter-is-al...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89914 Jun 4, 2013
I chose you when I planned creation. Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. Psalm 139:15-16
Does it not take the Creator to make such a wonderful creation? I do believe.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89915 Jun 4, 2013
Love this...great idea!

Sheepdog bodyguards protect mini-penguins from foxes

Tiny Little Blue Penguins in Australia owe their lives to their big, blond, canine bodyguards; two Maremma sheepdogs that work tirelessly to protect them from marauding foxes keen to access the island when the tide is low. Seven years ago, the once thriving colony of 1,500 of the world's smallest penguins, aka Fairy Penguins, was down to a pathetic population of four breeding pairs. After trying everything from fox poison to fumigation, one ingenious guy had a Eureka moment: if dogs protect sheep from wolves and chickens from foxes, why not penguins from foxes? After all, penguins are only chickens in dinner suits. It worked. Warrnambool's Middle Island now has about 200 adult birds — and not a single one has been snatched by a fox.

http://now.msn.com/sheepdogs-guard-little-blu...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89916 Jun 4, 2013
Brave cats chase away fox

http://msnvideo.msn.com/...

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Superintendent 47 min Former Teacher 34
salt works festival 52 min Buckwheatblows 4
white power 1 hr Sly 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike thunkit 137,853
Why do female farts stink so bad? (Nov '08) 1 hr Screwyoudickhead 125
who got hung on paces creek? 2 hr Gel 40 24
Eva Davis aka tinsey or leea 8 hr beech creek police 18
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]