Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89827 May 30, 2013
Too cute. Love the unlikely friends stories....

Feisty terrier and full-grown Jaguar are inseparable best of friends

When an orphaned jaguar was brought to the Akwaaba Lodge in South Africa, the caretaker thought he looked lonely, so she introduced him to the camp's Jack Russell terrier, Bullet. Now "Jag," as he's called, and Bullet are inseparable, spending every minute of every day together. Once, when Jag had grown to full size, the caretaker thought it might be best to separate them. As it turned out, that was a terrible idea. "Jag carried on, crying for 24 hours, and the dog sat at the gate without moving," she said. Now, Bullet and Jag are back together again, unlikely best of friends.

http://now.msn.com/dog-and-jaguar-are-best-fr...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89828 May 30, 2013
Majority of Minnesotans howling

Just a year after the federal government stripped gray wolves of Federal Endangered Species Act protection, Minnesota’s Department of Natural Resources has decided to open season on trapping and killing the beautiful animals, despite a surveyed 66 percent of Minnesotans opposing the snaring of wolves. That majority will not have their say, as a 250,000-signature petition to put wolf hunting on the ballot for state vote has also been dismissed. Wolf protection groups were rejected by the Minnesota Court of Appeals, which said the Center of Biological Diversity (among others) "lacked the standing" to challenge the state’s decision. Nearly four decades ago gray wolves were hunted almost to extinction, and from what we understand hunting rifles have only improved since then.

http://now.msn.com/minnesota-allowing-wolf-hu...

Stupid people, just re-locate them if needed. That is a sad thing to imagine. Senseless killings.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89829 May 30, 2013
Hope you folks have a great night. Sorry I missed you.

Have a great weekend too!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#89830 May 30, 2013
Hello, to all my fine feathered friends. Been busy lately and computer was off-line for a few days. Hope to be posting again soon. I keep you all in my prayers and hope that all are doing well. Thank goodness, summer is here. Lala

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89833 May 31, 2013
Hope you all have a great day! It's gonna be hot and humid today!
putgurs

West Mifflin, PA

#89834 May 31, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Get Lucky ok but thats quite a mess

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89835 May 31, 2013
Started raining here. Guess that's what we are expecting.
OhioJeepGirl

Prestonsburg, KY

#89836 May 31, 2013
(((Big hugs)))

Glad Lala posted.

Ha! I loved all of the definitions and natural pest control.

Yesterday was a trying day. Emergency tones went over the scanner and mentioned about something falling on someone on my sweetie’s road. It came back across again and stated that a truck had fallen on him. My sweetie was here getting ready to go cut grass and I ran to ask him who had that color house (I could not remember a house of that color on the holler)? It was one of our dear older neighbors and we jumped in the car and went over there, knowing after Cousin Tim how long it takes for help to arrive. Oh, it was awful! The truck had jumped off both ramps and he was laying on his right side crushed. The truck was not one that sits higher off the ground and was pretty low. He would not respond and his face was so dark blue/purple! My sweetie jacked the truck off of him and he started taking about a breath every 40 seconds or so. An arson investigator and emergency management truck got there about 9 minutes later and jumped out and started working on him. Sweetie said that is what should have happened for Cousin Tim. The ambulance got there a few minutes after that. He had a heartbeat because I could see his heartbeat in his stomach. He had just stopped everything about 2 minutes before the guys arrived. When he did breathe you could hear a gurgle sound. They worked on him in the ambulance for awhile too and took off to have him life flighted.

Last night we got word that he was not responding to light and had a torn diaphragm. Someone had told us he was breathing on his own, but we found out that information was wrong. We also hear he was taking a lot of mini seizures, which was correct. I just learned about an hour ago that there was no brain activity at all and that the family was all going to the hospital and they were going to be pulling him off life support.=( My sweetie grew up with him. He was a very good Christian man and had a CD singing God songs. His first wife had passed away from cancer a number of years ago and he had just remarried about two years ago. I would guess he was in his early 50s. My son is good friends with his stepson.

I did some research last night and found out that most torn diaphragms come from being crushed and usually from a vehicle. His wife had been inside and never heard anything. She said he could have been under there for 20 minutes. One case I read last night discussed a 44 year old male who had been crushed under his jeep. His friends jacked the jeep up within two minutes and although his diaphragm had torn, he was also experiencing asphyxiation and his face had already swelled and turned dark red and he was losing consciousness, he pulled out of it after a week. The big lesson here is to never ever work under a vehicle alone! Time is everything when something goes wrong.

After all of that trauma we came back to my place and just laid down for awhile. We both did not get any work done yesterday, which means I will have to play catch-up again. I will try and post again in the next couple of days.

@HOPE – where have you been? Been waiting for a good discussion on Syria.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#89837 May 31, 2013
It's a beautiful day today

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89838 May 31, 2013
It was a beautiful rainy day here. Pray for the people in Oklahoma. Looks like tornados again!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89839 May 31, 2013
Partner on his way thru St. Louis,Mo. has to travel thru Oklahoma City down to Texas. I am worried with all those tornadoesand flooding. Just read about the tractor trailers that were involved in the tornadoes. It was pretty bad in Illinois today. Had to pull off the road, 60 mile gusts.
You all stay safe and try to have a peaceful night.My thoughts and blessings go out to all those affected by the inclimate weather and bad health.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89840 May 31, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Partner on his way thru St. Louis,Mo. has to travel thru Oklahoma City down to Texas. I am worried with all those tornadoesand flooding. Just read about the tractor trailers that were involved in the tornadoes. It was pretty bad in Illinois today. Had to pull off the road, 60 mile gusts.
You all stay safe and try to have a peaceful night.My thoughts and blessings go out to all those affected by the inclimate weather and bad health.
I hope he stays safe. It looks awful on the news and the maps I watch. I think it will veer up the Ohio River and leave us with rain and thunderstorms. I will take that. It is really sad for those in Oklahoma still in shock from the last one. My thoughts and prayers are with those people at the mercy of Mother Nature. There is a lot going on.

Woman, baby killed as mammoth tornado slams Oklahoma City suburbs
Tornadoes slam Oklahoma City area

A mile-wide twister & several smaller tornadoes have reportedly caused two deaths, multiple injuries, widespread damage & flooding across the region.

Cop on twister:'We're running from it right now'

Tornado postpones Women's College World Series

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/31/18...

We had a little rain. Nothing heavy, sun came back out, little more rain, sun came back out. Got hot too. I hope your partner is safe and sound. I appreciate our truckers risking disasters to transport all the things we need and want. Hope you can have a peaceful night and not worry too much.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89841 May 31, 2013
Today earthquakes:

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 2.9

Alaska
Magnitude: 5.8

Small earthquakes in California, Nevada, Utah, Washington, and Hawaii

Elsewhere:

Russia
Magnitude: 5.4

Tonga
Magnitude: 5.3

Bermuda
Magnitude: 5.0

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

31.05.2013 Tornado State of Oklahoma
31.05.2013 Tornado State of Arkansas

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php...

Check out those storms and earthquakes on both maps. Be safe everyone.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89842 May 31, 2013
All the inclement weather worries me;) especially tonight. Partner has to take the I35 down to Texas. I hope, he gets off in Springfield or Joplin. Hopefully. You stay safe,AB. I know,I hope our areas don't suffer too much. I'm watching ABC weather and bouncing to my radar app. Having trouble sleeping again. Good night to you:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89843 May 31, 2013
@ hey OJG, sorry to hear about your traumatic day you had and I bet it did freak you out after Tim. I hope he will be alright.

Something happy...kids are hilarious.

Pics prove dogs and kids suck at hide-and-seek but look cute trying

The first rule to the not-so-complex-game of hide-and-seek is this: hide. It's a concept usually attendant with not being seen, a concept that's lost on these little kids and dogs. Of course, maybe we can cut them some slack; both groups are domesticated and don't often need to blend in to their surroundings to survive. But seriously, pups and kiddos. You need to try a little harder than this. The good news: The more inept the hider, the cuter the picture.

http://now.msn.com/kids-and-dogs-try-and-hide...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89844 May 31, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Hello, to all my fine feathered friends. Been busy lately and computer was off-line for a few days. Hope to be posting again soon. I keep you all in my prayers and hope that all are doing well. Thank goodness, summer is here. Lala
Hey lala, glad to see you post and you know we keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I had computer problems not too long ago and the tech came out and since then I have shown up in Campbellsville. haha

Adorable Cat Makes Hilarious Baby Noises

When this cute kitty eats, she gets so excited she makes sounds just like a human baby would! It's such a cute video, you have to watch it.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Adorable-Cat-Makes-Hil...

Fluffy Puppy Does Something Hilarious When the Mail Comes

You would never guess it, but this fluffy little guy is one fierce guard dog! See what he does to the mail whenever it arrives each day, it's just too funny! The mailman would never be able to guess how big he is!

http://www.godvine.com/Fluffy-Puppy-Does-Some...

Meet the Smallest and Cutest Monkey in the World

This is the Callithrix Pygmaea, the smallest monkey in the world! We think he is absolutely darling. God made him so precious and tiny; we wish we could give him a good cuddle. You have to see this little guy for yourself.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Meet-the-Smallest-and-...

Have a great weekend. Hope you enjoyed the Godvines.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89845 May 31, 2013
Loved those pics. My daughter used to climb back in the entertainment city. She'd come out with the most wicked grin. Sure miss those days. Those pets were cute as well...Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89846 May 31, 2013
Oops center not city.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89847 May 31, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
All the inclement weather worries me;) especially tonight. Partner has to take the I35 down to Texas. I hope, he gets off in Springfield or Joplin. Hopefully. You stay safe,AB. I know,I hope our areas don't suffer too much. I'm watching ABC weather and bouncing to my radar app. Having trouble sleeping again. Good night to you:)
You too and think good thoughts. I think we will escape the worst of it as it heads our way. I am posting a few other items of interest to some and hit dreamland. Hope you find your sleep. This will give you a smile:

Fido fawns over two baby deer
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/5205233...
survival

United States

#89848 May 31, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Old Republican 148,940
What are shuck beans (Oct '07) 8 hr hwm 90
Dollar General store 8 hr Losiejean 16
hot rods (Jun '12) 8 hr Life Long CC Resi... 19
The Makery 8 hr Life Long CC Resi... 9
who is the crazyiest person in (manchester) (Jan '11) 10 hr Lmao 36
Fired!!! 13 hr Shake Rattle and ... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages