Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,638

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89616 May 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
Good Morning, birders!! Oh, it's going to be a beautiful day ! Love it! I've been slowly getting the little chicken coop set up and now have 5 "Easter egg" hens and plan to go to a hatchery to pick up a few more. Grand kids love collecting the eggs. They taste soooo much better than store bought eggs! I hope to be on here more but have had computer problems recently.
Good Morning. I don't get chicks from a hatchery but do my own in an incubator. Besides 22 adult chickens, I hatched 8 in April and 6 in May. I wil reset the incubator at the end of the month and should have new hatch by June 21st (takes 3 weeks). Your grandkids would like to see the baby chicks hatch too. A life's lesson.
wake up

United States

#89618 May 25, 2013
The only reason she asked us to get involved to use it for him. Didn't know he was moving back or we would of never. I remember the peach cobbler.
wake up

United States

#89619 May 25, 2013
Much rather of been able to visit in a peace of mind.
a lifes lesson

United States

#89620 May 25, 2013
The senior living apartment would of been the better option. Like we Asked.
things untold

United States

#89621 May 25, 2013
The most important thing for you to remain is a loving, caring individual and not allow the antics of jealous family members to make you bitter. This may sound weird, but become the peace that you seek from your family.
Mama Grothaus

Ft Mitchell, KY

#89623 May 25, 2013
things untold wrote:
The most important thing for you to remain is a loving, caring individual and not allow the antics of jealous family members to make you bitter. This may sound weird, but become the peace that you seek from your family.
Great advice.
wondering

Booneville, KY

#89624 May 25, 2013
I need a drink!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89626 May 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I am sad to hear your news. Hopefully, your mom will be able to have the home health nurses assist her. They often can help tremendously. I will keep him,your mom and you as well in my thoughts. I do hope you get that assistance. Bless you three.
We are still looking, but thans very much for your thoughts.
datingsiteloser

United States

#89627 May 25, 2013
wondering wrote:
I need a drink!
lets do it
Agreed

Elizabethtown, KY

#89628 May 25, 2013
Jack Meoff wrote:
<quoted text>.
Who effin cares.
You should idiot. Look up where Murray is on that Madrid Fault Line. The BIRDS dropped dead in your area of Kentucky, not mine. So go jack yourself off while you can, you may get swallowed up by Mother Earth. That's a fact JACK. This site is way off your hater topix site radar and over your head in knowledge of what's going on in the world with the planet EARTH. So buzz off.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89629 May 25, 2013
Oh look my bird threader friends, I made it back into Kentucky at least. Although I live far from Campbellsville, I like it better than Tennessee location.

So Agreed was me. I posted a comment on the Bardstown police officer get shot site up around your area AW. Bluegrass Parkway on a ramp. They say it appeared he stopped to help someone, had his lights on so traffic trying to exit the ramp would know in advance but when they got to him, he was shot in the head. How sad is that? I hope they find what lowlife did that to him. In this day and age, no police or first responder gets paid what they are worth.

I had a great couple days. Loving the gorgeous weather, warm, breezy, cool at night, full moon, fragrances from roses and flowers, lots of BIRDS, horseback riding, just beautiful GOD's country in the Bluegrass. Can't ask for much more than that. I hope all of you have enjoyed it so far. We better before the 90's roll in next week. I will be poolside on those days.

I see the site hasn't been visited by most of the regulars but I hope they do at least read it now and then. Where is "Nope", lala, Hempburn? Glad to see blueminer, betty, belie, and AW still here. And misty-eyed.

Got an early morning so I will post some things for you to read when you get here outside the lame, nasty comments from the trolls the full moon and meth may bring dropping in. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89630 May 25, 2013
Another great use for DAWN, and they donate to wildlife, get oil off the birds etc...great product. Great DIY savings.

What a great tip!! Be sure to share!:-)

Dandelion Season ==>> NON-toxic Weed Killer Recipe ==>> Good to use in yards with Pets & Children roaming around!

Make sure to share this on your own page for future reference and to help inform and protect others.=^..^=

1/2 gallon of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 c table salt
1/2 tsp Dawn liquid dish soap

Mix above ingredients in a spray bottle.
Spray weeds thoroughly.

1/2 gallon for around $6.40
Works better than Round Up - kills weeds on 1st application.

The Dawn dish soap strips the weed of its protective oils so the vinegar can work with deadly force. Safe for use in yards used by children and pets!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89631 May 25, 2013
For Hempburn and all stargazers. Full moon too. Awesome.

You won't get another weekend of stargazing this good until 2026

Whatever you do this weekend, you might want to take some time to look at the stars. This weekend, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter will appear together in the night sky. Each night, they'll appear to move closer to each other, finally forming a small triangle on Sunday night. The planets can be seen from all over the world. Just get a clear view of the western horizon. About half an hour after the sun goes down, the trio can be seen by the naked eye. Make sure you catch it this weekend. The next time three planets will appear in the sky is 2015, and they won't be this close together until 2026.

http://now.msn.com/go-stargazing-this-weekend...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89632 May 25, 2013
Interesting..

Feds pull plug on Ky. uranium plant and 1,000 jobs
Dept. of Energy won't extend operations at Ky. enriched uranium plant; 1,000 jobs lost

Last May, the plant faced closure until officials reached a deal that gave it a reprieve for another year. Under that deal, the plant enriched depleted uranium for Tennessee Valley Authority and Energy Northwest, a utility in Washington state.

The plant opened in 1952 to develop enriched uranium for military reactors and to produce nuclear weapons. The plant began selling uranium for commercial reactors in the 1960s, and has been operated since the late 1990s by Bethesda, Md.,-based USEC.

The plant stores 40,000 cylinders of depleted uranium.

http://news.yahoo.com/feds-pull-plug-ky-urani...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89633 May 25, 2013
Cute :)

Watch a lion get a thorough dental exam from brave wiener dog

The king of the jungle has many loyal servants including this wiener dog. Sure, he'd make a tasty lunch, but this lion knows that getting his teeth licked clean by a dachshund beats a trip to the dentist. And far from quaking in his doggie boots, this little hot dog is happily wagging his tail as he gets waaay too close to the big guy's pearly whites. In fact, some might say this looks like the start of a beautiful, inter-species relationship (call it a dentist-patient affair), punctuated with a big, slobbery lion kiss.

http://now.msn.com/dog-cleans-lions-teeth-loc...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89634 May 25, 2013
14 funny pics of people, animals gleefully experiencing schadenfreude

Ah, laughter in the face of misery. Bullies everywhere love it. Few things warm the heart better than watching a sworn enemy fall a fantastically childish phenomenon known as "schadenfreude." The German term describes pleasure derived from observing the misfortune of others, and the photos above capture just that. Considering that some of these schadenfreude fans seem to have caused the misery themselves (we're looking at you, little boy in the plastic car), we think they pretty much sum up what it means to be a big meanie.

http://now.msn.com/funny-schadenfreude-photos...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89636 May 25, 2013
For the BIRD lovers: Progress report.:)

Raptor Resource Project
~ Videos of The Decorah Eagles from May 19th, May 20th, and May 21st ~

There are five (5) videos in this post, one from May 19th, two from May 20th, and two from May 21st. Today's screen capture features D17 in.Im showing off. D17 wingercizes while D15 and D16 watch.
Many thanks to Jim for making the videos for us, which allows me to get the screen captures!

http://youtu.be/rFOnG8ReGhQ
5-19 (Shaking the rain off, hanging out with the siblings) Its a rainy day and the eaglets are flapping their wings to get the rain off. The scene changes, Mom is on the nest and Dad lands with a meal. Mom immediately moves over to bicker with Dad and take control of the fish. Dad lets Mom have her way and he takes off. At 1:55 into the video we see some playful beaking & wing flapping between D15 in the middle and D16 on the right. The eaglets are content just hanging out together, looking around, with some occasional wing flapping. Toward the very end of the video we see them go into lying low mode for nap time.

http://youtu.be/lb9IP8R59_Q
5-20 (Three on the nest) 6:00am CT Seeing all three eaglets perched tall on the nest now makes it look like the nest has shrunk, but thats actually an optical illusion. The eaglets are now eight weeks old so they are as large as their parents, and for obvious reasons we will begin to see Mom and Dad spend less time on the nest, with food drops and quick exits. This is the final stage of development for the eaglets where they get their balance and coordination. Their flight feathers are still coming in, so we are still a ways off from branching and fledging, but time is flying by fast for these teen eaglets as they approach that next stage. D16 does some tearing and self-feeding and we see the beginning of some talon use to hold down the food. The other two are content preening and looking around, and we see some wingercizing at the end of the video.

http://youtu.be/ZrbLMnW5KTo
5-20 (Mom and Pop, food prep, help yourselves) 1:00pm CT Mom is on the nest and all three eaglets are in faceplant position as Dad arrives with a meal. Mom keeps an eye on what Dad is doing from the other side of the nest, and the eaglets dont seem very interested in the food arrival at all. Dad begins food prep. The scene changes and we see that the eaglets are now waking up to see what Dad is up to. Mom does a talon hop over to the left where Dad is prepping the meal. At 3:01 into the video Mom gives Dad a beak-snap which Dad pretty much ignores. The scene changes, Dad is not on the nest and Mom is continuing with the meal prep and we see the eaglets begin to self-feed a little bit as Mom is prepping. Mom flies off the nest and leaves the meal for the eaglets to help themselves, which D16 seems to be enjoying. As the wind picks up, we see more wingercizing. D15 joins D16 in self-feeding fun while D17 is on the far right side lying low. At 8:38 into the video D15 gives us a beautiful wingspan display while wingercizing. Mom returns to the nest to check on things and does some nest digging as the video ends.

Continued:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89637 May 25, 2013
Continued:

http://youtu.be/9mfDDRbADY4
5-21 (Eating on our own) 7:00am CT All three eaglets are on the nest digging for nestovers. At 1:16 into the video we see D16 on the right side taking some large bites for itself. D16 in the middle tries to steal a bite from D15 on the left and ends up with a big long bite that takes it a while to get control of and eat. At 2:23 into the video D17 on the right wingercizes and then moves over to the left for more food remains (treasure hunting) and then nest perches relaxing. For the remainder of the video all three eaglets remain nest perched, are very relaxed, and we see some preening.

http://youtu.be/2KvDPMV3MH4
5-21 (Flapping, fresh food, eating) 9:00am CT D15 is flapping while the other two are napping. Incoming! Mom lands with some soft nesting material. The eaglets appear to look disappointed that it was not a food delivery but they settle for nothing and then Mom flies off. The eaglets all take part in nestoration action and begin to move the nesting materials all over the place. D16 does some wingercize hopping while the other two are nest digging. Once again the wind picks up and so do the wings. Its both fun and interesting to see how they are interacting with each other now in a more playful way, as they explore new things together. At 8:50 into the video, we see D15 sitting on the left side of the nest perched, and we can tell that Mom and Dad are doing a good job of feeding their eaglets judging by the size of D15. At 9:25 into the video we see a three way beak tug-o-something going on as they each try to steal it from the other one. Fun times in the cottonwood!

Enjoy!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89638 May 25, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Oh look my bird threader friends, I made it back into Kentucky at least. Although I live far from Campbellsville, I like it better than Tennessee location.
So Agreed was me. I posted a comment on the Bardstown police officer get shot site up around your area AW. Bluegrass Parkway on a ramp. They say it appeared he stopped to help someone, had his lights on so traffic trying to exit the ramp would know in advance but when they got to him, he was shot in the head. How sad is that? I hope they find what lowlife did that to him. In this day and age, no police or first responder gets paid what they are worth.
I meant around lala's area?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89639 May 25, 2013
Well, I posted plenty I guess. Sorry I missed my topix friends. Enjoy your Sunday.

I am off to dreamland. Goodnite!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,774
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 21 min eer 5,213
wklb 56 min BAM 3
County Judge Executive 1 hr BAM 19
gay people isnt exceptable!!!! (Aug '11) 2 hr lovelatinmen99 93
mushyakarandyb's rare border beagle (Jun '10) 2 hr pwheeler 4
we all hate you beverly (Aug '10) 3 hr beautiful 13
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
•••