Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#88766 Apr 22, 2013
Bad business son and brother-in-law.

Location hidden

#88767 Apr 22, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Bad business son and brother-in-law.
"uncle"

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88769 Apr 23, 2013
Looks like another nice day. Be warned, there WILL be rain! Enjoy the day whaile you can!
Anne

United States

#88771 Apr 23, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Looks like another nice day. Be warned, there WILL be rain! Enjoy the day whaile you can!
Come on, rain!!! If it doesn't rain soon I'm gonna have to get out the 5 gallon buckets and carry water to the little rose bushes I planted!!
May 1st is the day I've chosen to bring out my banana trees to plant. I've had them hidden away in a safe place all winter and its time to return them to the great outdoors !!(Hope I get bananas this year!!)
Got the grass mowed. Rough going, let me tell you!! Just about rattled my brains out and shook my arms off.. That's what I get for building a house in a field! Lol. Have a glorious evening !!

Location hidden

#88772 Apr 23, 2013
Quiet here today.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88773 Apr 23, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, rain!!! If it doesn't rain soon I'm gonna have to get out the 5 gallon buckets and carry water to the little rose bushes I planted!!
May 1st is the day I've chosen to bring out my banana trees to plant. I've had them hidden away in a safe place all winter and its time to return them to the great outdoors !!(Hope I get bananas this year!!)
Got the grass mowed. Rough going, let me tell you!! Just about rattled my brains out and shook my arms off.. That's what I get for building a house in a field! Lol. Have a glorious evening !!
Well, it should start tonight. Not sure that we will get anything severe, but I'm sure that we will get some nice rain. I'm sure we can use it. I've never had banana plants. I hope they do well when you bring them out! Have a lovely day.
knox

United States

#88774 Apr 23, 2013
Accomplice

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88775 Apr 23, 2013
knox wrote:
Accomplice
Make sense. One word makes no sense. Come on now.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88776 Apr 23, 2013
I hope the rains hold off so I can finish my deck work. But if it does not, then I can finish my nap. LOL Maybe I should hope that it does rain, I could use some rest.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88778 Apr 23, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My mower needs an idol sensor. It shakes me all over the yard. Lol. On a better note, it gets the job done. I also have a little rose bush. The guy who cut grass last year stepped on it. It is barely hanging in there. The heavenly blue forget- me- nots are doing splendidly though;) as well as the basil.
Anne

United States

#88779 Apr 23, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> My mower needs an idol sensor. It shakes me all over the yard. Lol. On a better note, it gets the job done. I also have a little rose bush. The guy who cut grass last year stepped on it. It is barely hanging in there. The heavenly blue forget- me- nots are doing splendidly though;) as well as the basil.
Come on little rose bush!! Don't give up!!!

My little rose bush is a double knock out rose and I just bought it at the farm store. It has lots of buds on it so I have great hopes things will work in my favor despite the fact my thumb is black . I intend to buy 4 more (7 total) and I'm planting them in a large semicircle . In the middle I want to place an old concrete bench that's currently buried deep in my "stuff" in the barn.
I've never had any of the forget-me-nots!! They sound lovely!! Do they grow in semi shade or need full sun?? It seems like every time I plant something that's where we end up needing dozer work.*sigh*
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88781 Apr 23, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on little rose bush!! Don't give up!!!
My little rose bush is a double knock out rose and I just bought it at the farm store. It has lots of buds on it so I have great hopes things will work in my favor despite the fact my thumb is black . I intend to buy 4 more (7 total) and I'm planting them in a large semicircle . In the middle I want to place an old concrete bench that's currently buried deep in my "stuff" in the barn.
I've never had any of the forget-me-nots!! They sound lovely!! Do they grow in semi shade or need full sun?? It seems like every time I plant something that's where we end up needing dozer work.*sigh*
They grow in semi shade. They are nice to plant around trees. These started from seed and are doing extremely well. I lightly water them. Grew them indoors about four weeks in the window in full sun. I think, the little bush I have is a carnival rose bush. Not sure, it was a Mother's Day gift from my son about three years ago;) Good luck, Anne, with those plants. I tried planting a dwarf pink banana tree from suckers. It got too cold on them. So far I've had luck with morning glories, nightshade,nasturtiums, red poppies and now the forget-me- nots. I hope. You have a goodnight;)
passing by

Jackson, KY

#88782 Apr 23, 2013
just why has thear have not been a truth to why the birds died,it is just like from the bible but why has no one found out the truth.......
gods wrath

Cincinnati, OH

#88783 Apr 23, 2013
End of times. Birds falling from the sky, bird flu, earthquakes, diseases, wars and rumors of wars, greed, pleasure seeking people, lairs, thiefs, disobedient to parents, unthankful, cruel, without natural affection. What do you except? Laugh and hate all you want. The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob will judge. Come to God while you still can he loves you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88784 Apr 24, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> My mower needs an idol sensor. It shakes me all over the yard. Lol. On a better note, it gets the job done. I also have a little rose bush. The guy who cut grass last year stepped on it. It is barely hanging in there. The heavenly blue forget- me- nots are doing splendidly though;) as well as the basil.
Typically, the shaking in a lawn mower has nothing to do with idlers, but more often a bent blade. Check your blade. It can sometimes be taken off and straightened and resharpened, but easier to just buy a new one for about $15. You can take the old blade with you to get the correct match for the mower.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88785 Apr 24, 2013
When working on a mower in the blade area, first remove the spark plug wire so the thing won't start and if turning the mower up to look or replace the blade, turn it with the carbuerator side up. If that side is down, oil will run into the carbuerator and create a smoke screen when and if you restart it.

Location hidden

#88786 Apr 24, 2013
When you change the old lawn mower blade don't leave the old one laying in the grass for the push mower to run over could be tragedy waitng to happen.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88787 Apr 24, 2013
Nice rain this morning. Nothing severe, and it's still pretty warm.
Anne

United States

#88788 Apr 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically, the shaking in a lawn mower has nothing to do with idlers, but more often a bent blade. Check your blade. It can sometimes be taken off and straightened and resharpened, but easier to just buy a new one for about $15. You can take the old blade with you to get the correct match for the mower.
Good advice.. I had to lift the mower up with the tractor and a chain to look if there was a stick wedged. I will remember to remove the spark plug next time I'm under there. I don't know anything about the other so will have to have the smoke screen . Lol. I know my mower blades could stand to be sharpened but that's beyond my skills.:-(
Next mechanical guy that comes along ...lol
tony

United States

#88789 Apr 24, 2013
This topic is too stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min BackAndForth 132,138
what's open 1 hr local 2
thief or operatunist 3 hr confuzzled 4
needing a place to rent 3 hr merry christmas 2
Strange 4 wheeler activity on Rt. 66 12 hr iknowitsu 20
El Cazador shut down???? 13 hr fyi 15
nerve doctor 13 hr lolly 11
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"