Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

kevin

Louisa, KY

#88447 Apr 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there are no rules.
I was as much in the know as "in the know". Now that I've googled that info, I'm in the know...
what if

Lexington, KY

#88449 Apr 10, 2013
its the bird flu?
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88450 Apr 11, 2013
and as usual...... gizmo showed up ten minutes before the rain meowing in protest....lol had not seen him since before we left out on our trip. not surprising.... he does that every time spring hits... i dont see him for a strait week and just as i begin to panic and consider checking the highway...the rain comes and he follows.... or he comes and the rain follows. posted up in his window sill now, letting me know how awful i am for not being able to control the weather. thank goodness for ear buds and tom petty, i cant hear a thing. he is not amused.... hubby's cat tried to come console him, got hooked right in his nose, turned around and popped Joe poodle, then angel chased him into the cat closet and now she is prancing around whining in protest, which sent the others to their respective hiding spots, and joe shaking like a leaf in my lap. unhappy campers all around except for me of course....

dedicated to gizmo.....

"you don't know how it feels.....you don't know how it feels..... to be meeeeeeow" kinda fits

ohh! and my peas finally spouted. yay!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88451 Apr 11, 2013
Well, what a dark and stormy morning we have. Spring is definately here! Storm season is here too. Not thrilled about that!
Anne

United States

#88452 Apr 11, 2013
It is Spring!!!! Yesterday we cut dozens of saplings and tall skinny trees in the wooded area behind the house... Now to get some kind of real help to load them onto the trailer and the them off!!! My better half worked on all the "toys" so they are running right and if not we made a list of pieces and parts to pick up in town today. Even the riding mower is getting its share of attention! Lol
Hope everyone has a wonderful day....even the "critters". Lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88453 Apr 11, 2013
I did notice just yesterday all the tress have blooms, and it seems to have happened just over night. I am happy the trees will have leaves again.
hmm

Charlotte, NC

#88454 Apr 11, 2013
hmm

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88455 Apr 11, 2013
Hmm??
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88457 Apr 11, 2013
I got some things planted in the garden this morning before any rain gets here.
who cares

Elizabethtown, KY

#88459 Apr 11, 2013
It's amazing how so many people can't stay on topic.

The birds are still dying.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88460 Apr 11, 2013
I talk about the birds all the time. Sorry you don't see that.
Anne

United States

#88461 Apr 11, 2013
My new bird feeders are doing their job!! EXCEPT I bought Walmarts cheapest wild bird feed and while a few checked it out, its a total wash! Won't do that again!!! Then too, one of those saplings we were clearing out fell right into the new post! Knocked off one of the arms!!!:-(
I know it's raining off and on but it's still a beautiful day!!! Gonna set out some if those hollyhocks!!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88462 Apr 11, 2013
I get those baskets that hold the mesh of seed and molasses. The birds love it. Have several in the yard that I can see.
gary pelphrey

New Richmond, WV

#88463 Apr 11, 2013
Jesse V wrote:
Government is hiding something.
jets are dumping "chem trails", first the poor birds, but we're next!
true

Argos, IN

#88464 Apr 11, 2013
agree with that
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88465 Apr 11, 2013
Good rainy afternoon bird threaders. I hope everyone got to sleep in and listen to the rain. I sure did. Got chili on the stove simmering, all household chores done, and ready to kick back and relax the rest of the day.

I see everyone is in the planting and bird watching mode. I sure am. The birds were singing and eating all through most of the morning rain. At least we are lucky only to have that to worry about thunderstorms or a little rain. Guess all that chemspraying for a week solid paid off. I at least got to open the windows back up since the rain settle the pollen to the ground. I can hear all kinds of bird activity around. Sounds wonderful.

Loving your cat stories betty, they sure can be entertaining. And divas wanting attention like my two. They are so silly.

Nope, I hope you got all your bike work done yesterday while it was nice. Everything is so green out and full of new growth. Quite uplifting after all the cold.

AW, looks like you and dog have the homestead under control.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88466 Apr 11, 2013
Homes leveled as storms rip through Missouri, Arkansas

A forceful storm system whipped tornadoes and severe thunderstorms across Missouri and Arkansas late Wednesday, wrecking homes, downing power lines and injuring multiple people in both states.
The threat of strong winds, hail, and possible tornadoes moved east into the Ohio Valley and southeastern states, forecasters reported before sunrise on Thursday, with the possibility for storms stretching in a wide swath from Indiana to Georgia during the day.

Other parts of the country, including South Dakota and Minnesota, were punched with a mix of snow and ice, and Gov. Mark Dayton called out the National Guard on Wednesday to help ice-bound Minnesotans. Freezing rain and ice yanked down power lines and tree limbs in southeastern Minnesota, with more foul weather and up to a threat of snow on Thursday.

Minneapolis could get up to 10 inches of snow as the storm moves east, with up to a foot predicted for parts of Wisconsin and Michigan. The late wintry weather could make a final pass over northern New York and New England before it finally eases out over the Atlantic on Friday.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/11/17...

Deadly tornado hits Mississippi as storm system stretches across East

A destructive storm system draped itself across half the country Thursday, from the Gulf Coast to Canada and with a wingspan from Maine to the Dakotas. At least one person was killed in Mississippi, where a tornado touched down.

Authorities in Kemper County, Miss., along the Alabama state line, reported that the storm also caused several injuries and extensive damage and destroyed at least one steel building.

By early afternoon, the tornado was moving toward Alabama, and the more heavily populated cities of Birmingham and Tuscaloosa were in the path of the worst of the storm system.

The system, which has disrupted weather all over the country this week, formed a giant T on Thursday. Snow fell in the Dakotas and upstate New York, and ice slickened roads in Wisconsin. Rain drenched the Ohio Valley and New Orleans.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/11/17...

Read more and see videos on links. We are so..... LUCKY in KENTUCKY!!!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88467 Apr 11, 2013
For a smile:

See 11 oh-so-cute pics of a baby napping with French bulldog puppies

Everyone on Earth is pretty much in love with these photos from Pennsylvania dog breeder Cindy Clark. And what's not to love? The pictures feature an adorable baby all snuggled up with a litter of chubby French bulldog puppies ó so, pretty much the cutest things in the world all at once. The baby was 3 months old when the photos were taken in November, and the puppies were 3 weeks old. Since then, the dogs all found new homes. But if you canít get enough of these pics, you should know Clark told msnNOW that another session is planned with the same baby (a little older now) and a new litter of puppies. Dear Internet: Please make portraits of this baby and French bulldogs a yearly, if not monthly, tradition.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/baby-with-french-bulldog-p...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88468 Apr 11, 2013
Oh, I forgot...HI IMPOSTER

I hope you are doing well, working hard, and seeing the little one often.

Have a great evening.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88469 Apr 11, 2013
For betty

Tabby cat dances on the head of the world's most patient dog

Some animals are more patient than others, but this golden-coated pooch really takes the cake in forbearance, enduring with complete restraint a tabby cat enthusiastically dancing on his head. The dog is so chill, in fact, that we're almost a little concerned. Is closed-eyed canine OK? Is he enjoying his feline friend's fancy footwork? Is he sleeping right through his skull massage? Is one of them actually having a little too much fun? Questions, questions. We'll just have to watch it over and over again in search of answers.

http://now.msn.com/cat-dances-on-head-of-a-pa...

That dog was loving a head massage. haha Not phased by kitty at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min spaceship 142,287
back to school giveaway 1 hr Info 2
messer=lice heads 4 hr Bob 1
Nicole sunmer 14 hr None of ur buisness 2
does anyone know were gary scalf is (May '08) 19 hr Billy Smith 9
ratting to the cops Mon be careful 1
Stolen property at Beech Creek apartmentst Mon Beechcreeker 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages