Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,941 - 73,960 of 81,599 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
TakethatThumbout

Owensboro, KY

#87718 Mar 23, 2013
the end wrote:
<quoted text>or is it the END
touché
TakethatThumbout

Owensboro, KY

#87719 Mar 23, 2013
oh and those who say that nothing happened on 12/21/12. Go and google "cern 12/21/12"

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87720 Mar 23, 2013
What's with the empty light bulbs and nut signs today. Somebody must have slept poorly last night and awakened in grouchy mood
the end

AOL

#87721 Mar 23, 2013
it was the end for many people ,...

for whom the bell tolls
-

Location hidden

#87722 Mar 23, 2013
whitehair wrote:
One of the problems I could not do,but as a society of people,why do we keep these type of people in jail,then release them out into the public again?
I read where Gitmo is being made into some sort of Country Club Jail.Why not find an island and go back to the idea of Devils Island?We could absolve our bleeding hearts by giving them supplies,but leave them on their own,unable to leave!
Talk about harming the innocents!!!
It's a valid thought, but it would never happen in our present political climate.

Location hidden

#87724 Mar 23, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Sorry, something got attached to that video. Here try again. It is hilarious.
Kitten Sounds Like A Goat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wq8C-vlW_DIXX
For OJG, where is she? lala, AW, you heard anything from her. I will have to shoot her an email and see how she is. Miss her.
Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I know she would like these goats. lol
I haven't heard from OJG in awhile. Hope everything is OK. I'll have to send her an e-mail as well.

Location hidden

#87725 Mar 23, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For lala:
Mini horse stands tall as service animal for Alaska boy
A miniature horse has been trained to help a 4-year-old Alaska boy who suffers from a rare genetic disorder that could leave him wheelchair-bound when he gets older. School officials and students welcome the horse as just another classmate.
http://news.msn.com/us/video...
Just precious.
That miniature horse was neat. Horses play a big part in helping developmentally challenged children. Hippotherapy has been used in treating autistic kids to kids who have physical limitations such as cerebral palsy.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87726 Mar 23, 2013
I could not care any less about the judge-its, I spent a nice day working outside and came in just a while ago and had my beans, taters, and corn bread and finished off with a bite size Milky Way. Life is good, GOD is GREAT, judge-its are ridiculous LOL.
Kentucky

Pittsburgh, PA

#87727 Mar 23, 2013
Very lazy day for me ;(
Having only 48 hrs to rest with approximately 12 hrs sleeping ain't but a winkling of time.
Hate to say spent most of my day in front of the idiot box.
Ate ice cream from the Creamery. Chocolate fudge and cheese cake. Way too much and now I feel guilty. Need to watch my cholesterol these days.
Will be glad when the weather stays warmer. We usually plant a small garden of tomatoes, onions and green beans. Hard to keep the deer away. They eat my flowers too.
Like to fry up chicken, serve with green beans,
new potatoes and garden onions. And AW, glass of cold milk and corn bread. Yum :-)
Hope everyone has a nice day and Sunday.

Song for today - Carefree Highway by Gordon
Lightfoot

Blessings
what

London, KY

#87728 Mar 23, 2013
what
So true

Edmonton, KY

#87729 Mar 23, 2013
Warm thoughts everyone..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87730 Mar 23, 2013
So true wrote:
Warm thoughts everyone..
It is too warm in here. I woke up thinking it was Sunday morning and time to get up, but it was only 10:30 LOL maybe cool thoughts, like not putting any more wood in the stove LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87731 Mar 23, 2013
Well, it was a long day and the next week is going to be pretty long. Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87732 Mar 23, 2013
Kentucky wrote:
Very lazy day for me ;(
Having only 48 hrs to rest with approximately 12 hrs sleeping ain't but a winkling of time.
Hate to say spent most of my day in front of the idiot box.
Ate ice cream from the Creamery. Chocolate fudge and cheese cake. Way too much and now I feel guilty. Need to watch my cholesterol these days.
Will be glad when the weather stays warmer. We usually plant a small garden of tomatoes, onions and green beans. Hard to keep the deer away. They eat my flowers too.
Like to fry up chicken, serve with green beans,
new potatoes and garden onions. And AW, glass of cold milk and corn bread. Yum :-)
Hope everyone has a nice day and Sunday.
Song for today - Carefree Highway by Gordon
Lightfoot
Blessings
Keep the left over cornbread and crumble it up in the glass of cold milk.. a meal or a snack all by itself. When I was a kid and we went to a country school that had no cafeteria, most of us kids brought cornbread crumbled in milk carried in a one gallon metal Karo syrup bucket. We generally had a spoon tucked away somewhere. I had mine tucked in the top pocket of my "Big Ben" bibbed overalls. I got in trouble for coming home once without my spoon. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87734 Mar 23, 2013
The country school was left over WW2 quansett huts with a path to a 6 holer. Boys on one side of the ball field, girls on the other side. They built a new outhouse and had not filled in the old hole. I went back to catch a high flying softball and fell in. That was the only time I ever caught the ball without dropping it. LOL That might have been where I lost my spoon. LMAO AHH.... the NOT so good old days.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87735 Mar 23, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
@ betty, I seen this on fb and thought of you. I love febreze. I am going to try it. I buy the big refil bottle and keep my sprayer full. It is the best I have ever used. I can't stand Glade etc...
Homemade Febreze
Preparation:
Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you're using a Febreze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch.:)
Store-bought Febreze:$5.59
Homemade Febreze:$0.15
Total Savings:$5.44 OR 97.35!
lol.... this is crazy! have you ever had one of those days filled with crazy coincidences?

i have a few games i like to play on fb and have some friends that i really don't know that are just for game a sharing purposes... just a few hours ago one of them messaged me thinking they had seen a d.i.y. febreeze post on my wall (asking me all sorts of questions about how to do this :) i never posted anything about it in the first place but her inquiry prompted me to do some "make your own febreeze" googling and once i realized i had everything on hand i ended up making a big bottle of this stuff just a few hours ago. i know its kinda a silly stretch... but kinda spooky none the less.

i wont get into the other coincidences i have experienced today due to the public nature of this thread...but i will say its undeniable that god is blessing me extra today for some reason. all smiles over here :)

i with you on the glade thing too.... they all mess with my nose but i have never had that problem with febreeze fabric refresher or room spray.

think i will spend the next hour or so finding some more things i can make instead of buying..... nothing puts a smile on my face like eliminating something from the budget. if i find anything good i will share.... little warmer today thank goodness tho it kinda feels like the calm before the storm... not at all looking forward to what they say will be coming in the next few days here.
Hello

United States

#87736 Mar 23, 2013
(It's not morning so I didn't use my usual "Good Morning" name).
About spoons. I love the thrift shops and in my wanderings in such places I notice that many many times there are no spoons for sale. Kitchen knives, table knives, some forks but no spoons.
Now I've read several books about the homeless and others that spend their lives moving about with backpacks and they always have a spoon. Spoons can be used to eat soup, cut a steak and even eat the steak. Most versatile of the eating utensils!!
So, I have come to the conclusion that thrift shops (Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, etc) send the donated spoons to the homeless. Not to be left out, I have my very own "homeless"spoon. I don't carry it in my bibs pocket to be lost in the outhouse hole , but its close at hand and reminds
me how blessed I am!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87737 Mar 23, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?!?!
Soak watermelon slices in tequila, then dip in coarse salt. OMG, it's a margarita you can eat!!!!!!
Will be trying this poolside this summer. Yummy
that is awesome... bet it would work and be good with strawberry's too!

did it say how long to soak them?
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87738 Mar 23, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Sorry, something got attached to that video. Here try again. It is hilarious.
Kitten Sounds Like A Goat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wq8C-vlW_DIXX
For OJG, where is she? lala, AW, you heard anything from her. I will have to shoot her an email and see how she is. Miss her.
Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I know she would like these goats. lol
my cat makes a similar sound when i let the moths in at night so they can chase them around.... the others just kill them and leave them on the floor for me to sweep up, but she eats them and then meows weird like this for hours.... i always thought maybe they are still alive and stuck in her throat but my boss said alot of them make these weird sounds when they are eying some prey too...like a bird thru a window or bug on the wall..... definitely strange sounding but funny. he said too that i should prolly not promote them eating bugs a lot (duh) lol... but im not going for longevity but for them to be fat and happy till they die.... so i say eat on if it makes her happy, she has no interest in toys and such so this is the only exercise she gets most days.
Hello

United States

#87739 Mar 23, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i with you on the glade thing too.... they all mess with my nose but i have never had that problem with febreeze fabric refresher or room spray.
Glade does me in too! Can't even walk down the "candle aisle " at Walmart without getting a headache! Frebreeze works fine for me and this is a simple recipe !!! Just may give it a try!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min MissPerfect 1,520
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Mammoth 130,548
pine tree needs closed for good 22 min Messy 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 38 min Cornelius Scudmister 151,274
County Judge Executive 55 min wow 5
Charlotte patterson 55 min from dirty surfaces 2
Rocky branch gooserock 1 hr Jeff convict 5
Melanda Adams Fri Curious 11
You’re Screwed Now Thu Reads too much 2
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••