Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,608)

Showing posts 72,141 - 72,160 of81,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Horses are smarter than people give them credit for. The horse I recently put down was like that. He used to take off his racing leg bandages when left unattended in his stall. Not only did he remove them without tearing them, he deposited them in his empty feed bucket. He could get out of his fitted horse blanket without ever opening a buckle or tie, and he accomplished this without tearing his "winter coat." On one occasion, hubby was going to take him on a training mile before a race. When hubby was putting on winter gloves, "Friendly" took off for his mile--at a clip much quicker than he was supposed to be trained. He went the prescribed number of trips around the training track, then pulled himself up at the barn, and waited to be unharnessed and led back to his stall. Hubby said that "he left his race on the training track, and probably do poorly for the actual race."
Well, old Friendly apparently knew what he was doing and won his race, improving on his race time by 2 full seconds. Guess the horse knew what he was doing, and only humored his humans. True story. I really miss that old boy, but he is at rest in our far pasture. He was good to us in his racing days, and we tried to make it up to him during his long retirement. He would have been 27 years old this spring. He gave us some wonderful memories.
I see I missed you again,lala. I love that story about your horse. What a special gift you had in him. I would love to see a picture. They are the most amazing creatures. I love all animals, but only around some extraordinary dogs, cats, and horses. That is why I love those videos so much.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Japan 911 wrote:
<quoted text>
Japan has been told by the PTB (who caused the tsunami with underwater nukes) to keep quiet or else. They are not the ones lying to us, it is our own mainstream media that is lying to us.
The offshore underwater 'earthquake' did not have the seismographic characteristics of an earthquake, instead it looked more like a nuclear detonation and the ensuing Fukushima disaster was used as a cover for this nuclear detonation.
3/11 was Japanís 9/11. Itís all documented folks!
http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/07/05/311-w...
Hi Belie, I have been suspicious of all that since it happened. That big one a couple days ago in the middle of the ocean, Solomon Islands, and there were two small ones in the Madrid Fault Area today..Arkansas and Missouri. Don't know if it is pole shift, HAARP, fracking, or what for sure. I keep an eye on it. lol

Hope you had a great weekend.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Unconditionally love is what an animal gives. Whenever a dog or has been abused, it can still develop a bond with another human. It's unique.This story brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.
You are so right there. That story made tears roll down my face before I even played the video, the picture was just so precious.

Hope you have a goodnight.
Belie

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Belie, I have been suspicious of all that since it happened. That big one a couple days ago in the middle of the ocean, Solomon Islands, and there were two small ones in the Madrid Fault Area today..Arkansas and Missouri. Don't know if it is pole shift, HAARP, fracking, or what for sure. I keep an eye on it. lol
Hope you had a great weekend.
The earth is going through a period of great upheaval no doubt. I have been too, have had the flu and strep throat at the same time.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Horses are smarter than people give them credit for. The horse I recently put down was like that. He used to take off his racing leg bandages when left unattended in his stall. Not only did he remove them without tearing them, he deposited them in his empty feed bucket. He could get out of his fitted horse blanket without ever opening a buckle or tie, and he accomplished this without tearing his "winter coat." On one occasion, hubby was going to take him on a training mile before a race. When hubby was putting on winter gloves, "Friendly" took off for his mile--at a clip much quicker than he was supposed to be trained. He went the prescribed number of trips around the training track, then pulled himself up at the barn, and waited to be unharnessed and led back to his stall. Hubby said that "he left his race on the training track, and probably do poorly for the actual race."
Well, old Friendly apparently knew what he was doing and won his race, improving on his race time by 2 full seconds. Guess the horse knew what he was doing, and only humored his humans. True story. I really miss that old boy, but he is at rest in our far pasture. He was good to us in his racing days, and we tried to make it up to him during his long retirement. He would have been 27 years old this spring. He gave us some wonderful memories.
I know all about this , and the love one fills for them.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Our horses are like our children. I have one I raised and she would sleep in the house if I would let her. Horses are healers, they heal alot within you. I have seen that for a fact. To this day the one I have raised will lay her head on my shoulder and lay in my lap. She even stands and lets me curl her hair for shows..lol A really neat sight. Yall have a good day , I might just saddle up and ride them today, instead of going to work.. No better hit the road.. Yall be safe..
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Been up since the wee hours laying carpet. Might be time to go back to bed or maybe I will let Arthur just lay on the new carpet. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, peeps. I've been up since 4 A.M. doing the wash. The little guy goes to private school and has to wear a uniform. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning, and decided to set out his pants and shirt for school. To my chagrin, I found that all were in the wash basket. So there you have it. Been washing clothes. It's not my idea of a nice night. May get some shut eye later in the day.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the info. I had figured the nuclear disaster wouldn't go away. If we have levels of radiation here in Ky, the levels are higher in the western U.S. When will we and our children be safe? This is one reason why I abhor nuclear power. Disasters.
Whenever there is a big event, and mainstream news abruptly stops, you can be sure that there is something up. You'll find out what's going on if you do a little digging. That nuclear accident is worse than Chernobyl, and those reactors have not reached cold shut down yet. Radiation is cumulative. It will affect the babies first. Then in a few years, the cancer rates will start to increase in adults.
Hmmmmmm

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Birds die beautiful hope they find out the problem.
Happy Chemtrails to you

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

There some serious dysfunction in this thread.
Wow

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

A dysfunctional troll just called everyone dysfunctional.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I should have known someone would try to make something sexual out of my post about laying carpet. Contrary to popular belief, there are other things in this world besides their one-track subject matter.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Hello Friends! It's been a few days. Let me start by saying Thanks.

Something left me in June 2011(something within) and now I am trying to get it back. I'll stop posting about my little soap opera, other than to say I am now a bit better of a person. Now no less than two aspects of this life are where they should be.

I believe you guys share some kind of love on this thread, and you threw a little bit of it my way. And some great thoughts and words of wisdom.

So here's this. If one thinks he/she is coming up short in the love and loving department one might realize that you have to find yourself spreading it around first...maybe a lot.

And one more. One may think they are breaking down. Then one may find,especially
if at least one YEARS LONG weakness fades from his life, HE WAS REALLY BUILDING UP.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Really like the stories I am reading today. I need to get to a computer so I can write about my cat Rowdy. He was part of my life from 94-96, and quite a character. I'll do that asa I can. Have a great day Everybody!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I should have known someone would try to make something sexual out of my post about laying carpet. Contrary to popular belief, there are other things in this world besides their one-track subject matter.
I've heard carpet laying is not an easy job. Doesn't it have to be stretched with a machine? I know, it can be quite a few to have an independent dealer install it. Most Folks I know, hehe me for instance, try to do all the work themselves. It's cloudy here in eastern KY. Hope Ol Arthur leaves you alone.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Double posted, yikes. I meant it can be quite a few dollars to pay to have it installed.
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Please remove me from this treand because i have no thoughts and worries about what is going on with all that bull....: that is on the treand. this is the 3rd time I have ask for this request. PLEASE AGAIN REMOVE (JUST WONDERING) from this treand. Please,PLEASE,Please. THANK YOU.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I've heard carpet laying is not an easy job. Doesn't it have to be stretched with a machine? I know, it can be quite a few to have an independent dealer install it. Most Folks I know, hehe me for instance, try to do all the work themselves. It's cloudy here in eastern KY. Hope Ol Arthur leaves you alone.
Carpet can be stretched using a flat board as a "knee Knocker" driving small nails through the board protruding about a quarter inch and wrapping the board with rags to protect the knees. No machine is necessary. Then it can be shoved back under the base boards with a coal chisel. It is in our heritage (and I have passed down) to never hire anything done. We pay for no labor and very few machine rentals.

In addition to our normal careers (mine retired), I and my grandson are decent carpenters and vinyl siding and metal roofing installers. My oldest has an office management job, yet is a qualified electrician and mechanic, The youngest son is a trucker but could easily be a plumber or install and repair HVAC. My nephew works in hydraulics and can weld metal. I have taught those boys (men) to take vocational training as well as college. None of us have ever been unemployed for even a day over the past 50 years.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like my Dad, AW. Now, he likes to put up buildings and work on vehicles. Said he's been chasing bees since 14. He was born in '51 into a poor family. I remember when I was little we'd eat squirrel because railroad wages weren't all that much. It's great to hear that you taught those men well. It sure will save them money in the long run. Self reliance is very important in any economy;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,141 - 72,160 of81,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
2 hunters shot in clay county 1 hr Abcd 88
Women only: Do you masterbate? (Feb '11) 1 hr horni now 103
who can i contact about clay county jail 1 hr cellmate 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Khatru 122,788
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Mao-bama Zombies 138,707
County Judges Race 3 hr mike 134
Mark Jackson friend 4 hr Mark Jackson 1
stay away from l! photography 9 hr awesomeness 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Manchester People Search