Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84814 Feb 1, 2013
Misty Eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Just heard from partner 9p.m. eastern time, passing thru Tennessee on his way to Danville, Arkansas. Electric has tried to go out here in eastern ky. Hope not, it's too darn cold. I'm gonna nap for several hours. Debating whether to fix coffee and put it in a thermos/ carafe. If the electric goes poof, no java. We have bout two inches of the s stuff. It ain't pretty.Stay warm folks...and safe;)
Good morning Misty Eyed, I told AW I thought it was you, I remembered you said your man was heading to Arkansas. I hope your power didn't go off. I am glad you posted again and didn't let the meaness here keep you away. That was all mild compared to before Christmas. I apologize for my part in it and hope you continue to join us. This has been an escape for me for two years having found some real decent folks not trash talking every day like most threads. I have learned allot on this thread and made some wonderful friends I hope to meet someday. So glad you came back. You stay warm and safe too, hope your man makes it back safe and soon.

Have a wonderful day!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84815 Feb 1, 2013
Wow it's COLD here! Only a very light dusting of snow, but those temperatures. Grr!!!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84816 Feb 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck, say did you once use another ID? We have been trying to determine it?
Good morning Ancient Wolf. I originally thought it was MistyEyed, only because I remembered that Arkansas trip she mentioned, then I thought maybe it was "unspoken heart", who was so sweet in all her posts. Maybe she will come back. It is great having betty back.

Hope your son made to Indianapolis with no trouble. Stay warm.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84817 Feb 1, 2013
Time for some scrambled eggs and bacon. I don't usually eat this early, but I'm famished for some odd reason!
Be back a little bit later after I eat a bite and get a few chores done!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84818 Feb 1, 2013
betty wrote:
cautionary tale #405
DO NOT!!!....... eat an activia yogurt and then go directly to sleep unless you want to wake up a few hours later feeling like your intestines are trying to beat their way to freedom.
school is canceled and im waiting for a call back from my besty to find out weather she is calling in or im still watching the munchkins today.... hope i at least get my nephew or i may have to build snow men myself to keep from dieing of boredom.
been up since five, already did the dishes i slacked on last night, folded the laundry i stashed in a closet weds night, mopped the kitchen and filed my taxes.
now im just bored.
That is too funny Betty. I hate yogurt.:(

Want to do my taxes while your at it? hahaha I wish I could claim all those I have help support this last year. lol I hope you have fun with your nephew if he makes it. I don't think we have enough snow here except maybe to make a snowball. haha Fine by me. lol
I need to go out this afternoon and pass out that retirement check. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84819 Feb 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No you would not, that would mean you would have to get up several times and go stoke the fire and hope some other restless soul was on Topix to chat with. But if the electric goes out, then I will be the lucky one.
EVERY ROSE HAS A THORN!!! lol
AW, I was checking fb and seen this on my page asking if you knew who was in this picture .....it was willie and his friends Highwaymen haha what a coincidence after all that youtubing I did yesterday. haha

Old Farts & Jackasses

If you do FB, I think you mentioned once you did, not sure. Type that in the search block and it will take you to their page. It is awesome. Love the old black and white photos.

It has the greatest pictures and stories of all the old great ones. Funny title for a fb page huh?

I never minded tending to that fireplace anymore than tending to that inground pool we had. Lot of work on both, but soooooooooo worth it. I'd still be there if my man hadn't been killed. Too big a house and upkeep for me alone after he died. Maybe again some day.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84820 Feb 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine are already out and eating their hot oatmeal. It's so easy to make in the nuke-o-wave. Quick oats and water, with yummies added to cool it down. I hope they get their gullets full before it freezes into a large clump of stiff paste.. It usually doesn't last that long though, LOL! If there are leftovers, I have a few smart squirrels that have caught on to where warm vittles have been served..
This morning they got strewn aside parrot seeds in it with some cat crunchies plus the leftover veggies from dinner last night. Had to put some pretty warm water in the 'outside the coop' drinking water bowl.
(Thankfully I have a small flock, so it's not breaking the bank to give them these goodies. They seem to love it, and that's all that matters to me, hehe. Happy hens = nice, big, orange yolked eggs).
My pan bowl light over the bottom half of a 5 gallon drywall bucket worked just fine and kept their water from freezing. Mine got scratch grains, layena pellets, and a left over whole pumpkin from halloween. That ought to make orange yolked eggs. LOL I have 20 un-named layers, 2 young roosters, and Chief Fat Feather.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84821 Feb 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
THE SUN IS PEEKING OUT!! There's hope for this day yet!! Maybe we'll hit a balmy 20 degrees after all??? As of now my outdoor thermometer is only topped out at 12... Brrrrr, I say. Just plain BRRRRRRRR.
BRRRRRRRRRRRR is right "Nope", sorry the miracle mix didn't work on your stairs. Mine are clear. Let us know if your additives work on your mix. It is entirely too cold, but happy there is sunshine and we didn't get more than 1-2 inches. My sister called an hour ago and said they had done a great job salting the roads and all main roads were pretty clear. Glad I don't have to venture out too far. I will put that off until late afternoon prior to all the 4:00 quitting time traffic. lol

Have a good day and stay warm. Sure was nice having good conversations again with no big gaps from removals.:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84822 Feb 1, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Ancient Wolf. I originally thought it was MistyEyed, only because I remembered that Arkansas trip she mentioned, then I thought maybe it was "unspoken heart", who was so sweet in all her posts. Maybe she will come back. It is great having betty back.
Hope your son made to Indianapolis with no trouble. Stay warm.
He is on his way back home now with no problem. I was just searching for the older ID, I knew the similarities were the same. I agree, she is a pleasant poster and this thread needs more or for the rest of us to convert LOL

I think UH is the one previously posting as "so true" or something like that. Another nice poster.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84823 Feb 1, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
No AB, didn't buy him a sweater but he does have a floor full of toys for me to step on. This morning little biscuit lifted his leg to pee for the first time,, my baby is growing up, he's a man now,,.lol. He is no longer a squater. Sniff, sniff they grow up so fast. Oh, his weight has doubled, the vet weighted him in at 9 pounds yesterday.
I didn't think you would have a "foo foo" pet. hahaha It cracks me up when I see doggy clothes. Toys are a must. I have my share of cat toys some filled with kitty weed (catnip). They crack me up when they are tossing them in the air, chasing them, attacking them like they are higher than a kite. That catnip makes them crazy. Or I should say crazier. lol
I know that little biscuit is happy you rescued him. Did you ever tell us what he was, what color etc? You know there are some not posting who still miss your daily reports. lol I kinda miss their rewrites. They were too funny.
You and biscuit stay warm and have a fantastic day.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84824 Feb 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
He is on his way back home now with no problem. I was just searching for the older ID, I knew the similarities were the same. I agree, she is a pleasant poster and this thread needs more or for the rest of us to convert LOL
I think UH is the one previously posting as "so true" or something like that. Another nice poster.
Great news about your son. Glad he didn't have any problems. I wonder where Blueminer is.

It is hard to keep up with people when they change names like so many do on this thread.(Other than Sybil)

Chief Fat Feather, too cute. haha
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84825 Feb 1, 2013
@AB.. no wonder you did not mind the fireplace and the pool, you had help. LOL I had a pool once and took a back hoe and filled it in, covered it with dirt, and planted flowers.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84826 Feb 1, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I have outside dogs that refuse to come in. They have build up winter coats and can get in some of the barns if they want to. My lab is well over 100 pounds, and the other two are about 50-60 pounds. Stein is the smallest at about 30 pounds, but he thinks he's one of the big guys and rules the roost. He stays inside and pretends to guard the family.
Lala, I hope your friend in Maine finds some solutions soon and I am sure she is lucky to have you as a sounding board. I hate you have to get out today in the cold for a dr appt. Hope all goes well. Stein cracks me up, my nephew has a little dog who thinks he rules the kingdom and the big dogs outside let him believe it. It is comical to say the least watching him strut his little self.

Have a good day.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84827 Feb 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB.. no wonder you did not mind the fireplace and the pool, you had help. LOL I had a pool once and took a back hoe and filled it in, covered it with dirt, and planted flowers.
Yes, I did. We thoroughly enjoyed both. Now I lounge at my best friends during the summer and enjoy the fireplaces/woodstoves when I go out in the sticks and stay at my sisters or nephew and his wife's ponderosa. It takes me back to many cozy memories.

I see you are still hailing from Berea. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84828 Feb 1, 2013
I am off to fix a bite to eat and get things done before I defrost that car and head out later. I will check back in later to see who has joined us.

I miss Teddy, Grandpa "I", I hope they are okay.

Hope everyone has a good day.:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84829 Feb 1, 2013
well I am off here for now. My oldest son is on his way over. The youngest is the trucker. Have a good day everyone. It is cold, but it could be worse. I remember January 1962 when it was 19 below zero right here in Kentucky.
Rex 86

Mayfield, KY

#84830 Feb 1, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
well I am off here for now. My oldest son is on his way over. The youngest is the trucker. Have a good day everyone. It is cold, but it could be worse. I remember January 1962 when it was 19 below zero right here in Kentucky.
Lol...wow..it's good too see u posting still !!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84831 Feb 1, 2013
Breakfast was delish, thank you Lord for the blessing of a warm meal again today.

AW, I was even further north during that awful winter of '62. The whole city we lived in came to a screeching halt. I'll never forget it. I was sick during that one too and I remember that the heater in our house, although a good one for that time period, still barely kept the house warm. I was in bed with so many of my grandmas quilts over top of me, I thought I'd be smashed like a pancake. But they kept me warm as toast. I still have one of those quilts to this day, although I don't use it any more. It's SO old that it's in too delicate of a condition. Best that it's left to just admire now.

Lala, I hope your friend finds a solution to her problem. She's lucky to have such as friend as you. There are some who have to suffer in silence because for whatever reason, they have no on to confide in. Even if you don't have any answers for her, at least you're an ear when troubles get too deep for her to bear alone. That silent and hearing "ear" alone can save many from doing something "irreversible" to themselves, whether we ever truly find out or not...

I'm going to go lay down. Breakfast hit me like a ton of bricks right in the middle of doing up the dishes, hehe. Again, thank you Lord for not only the warm meal, but the option to go lay down and rest some more.

It's a good day. Hope you all are having the same. Those of you who have to go out, please be careful. I want to see each of you on here later today and in good humor!!

This has been SUCH a pleasant break from all of the nastiness of the past few weeks. I'm sure that WKG can relate as well..

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof, for now*
:)
WKG

Fort Atkinson, WI

#84833 Feb 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Breakfast was delish, thank you Lord for the blessing of a warm meal again today.
AW, I was even further north during that awful winter of '62. The whole city we lived in came to a screeching halt. I'll never forget it. I was sick during that one too and I remember that the heater in our house, although a good one for that time period, still barely kept the house warm. I was in bed with so many of my grandmas quilts over top of me, I thought I'd be smashed like a pancake. But they kept me warm as toast. I still have one of those quilts to this day, although I don't use it any more. It's SO old that it's in too delicate of a condition. Best that it's left to just admire now.
Lala, I hope your friend finds a solution to her problem. She's lucky to have such as friend as you. There are some who have to suffer in silence because for whatever reason, they have no on to confide in. Even if you don't have any answers for her, at least you're an ear when troubles get too deep for her to bear alone. That silent and hearing "ear" alone can save many from doing something "irreversible" to themselves, whether we ever truly find out or not...
I'm going to go lay down. Breakfast hit me like a ton of bricks right in the middle of doing up the dishes, hehe. Again, thank you Lord for not only the warm meal, but the option to go lay down and rest some more.
It's a good day. Hope you all are having the same. Those of you who have to go out, please be careful. I want to see each of you on here later today and in good humor!!
This has been SUCH a pleasant break from all of the nastiness of the past few weeks. I'm sure that WKG can relate as well..
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof, for now*
:)
You are so right Nope. Like Lala, a dear friend of mine and his family is going through an extremely hard time right now due to his health. Yesterday his grown son called me crying and I talked to him for about an hour and a half. Last night my friend himself called and after talking to him I had to have my own cry about the situation. Things like that put the pettiness in life in total perspective. I tell you, sometimes...no, a lot of times I sure don't understand why God allows what He allows to happen. I don't understand it and I sure don't like it but I've learned not to doubt Him even though it's hard not to sometimes. I have faith that in the end all will work out for the best and then He might even allow us to understand why certain things happened. Please do put my friend on your prayer list.

Good morning everybody!:) I hope you are all doing well today. My outdoor thermometer said it got down to 11'F here last night. I liked the 70'F day before yesterday better, even if it was kind of freaky. lol Last night about 7:ish it s'ed her like crazy! The flakes were quarter sized! Beautiful but I don't like the cold that goes with it!(or the dangerous roads) It didn't stick to the road and most of the accumulation was already gone this morning.

I'm ready for spring!...and eyeing my treadmill. So much to do and so little want to. lol
EL FAKEO

AOL

#84834 Feb 1, 2013
it got so cold last night ,..
my old cars horn went off ,...all by it self ,.... at 3 AM
nothing will get you out of bed quicker than a continuous high pitch droning wail in the middle of the night it must have lasted over 6 minutes ,..until i finally got dressed and staggered out to unplug the thing
I AM SURE the neighbors's were not mussed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenda Wombles Is Freaky In Bed 32 min Shocked Guy 1
Stay in Clay and the millers 41 min moonman 33
reasons NOT to vote for Eddie Cobb for Magistrate 48 min just sayin 3
gay people isnt exceptable!!!! (Aug '11) 1 hr Admitit 114
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr The_Box 131,411
nathan martin 3 hr dianne 18
Ashley collis 9 hr AshleyFan 8
School Board Tax 17 hr Unfair 90
Manchester Dating
Find my Match