Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,730

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84738 Jan 31, 2013
Check this map out and see our winter storm moving east. The white box is the Tennessee earthquake. The tornado in Tennessee and Georgia is the tornado icon of course. Interesting

Earthquake
State: United States
Date: 2013-01-31 : 14:24:09
Magnitude: 1.7
Depth: 5.30 km

Tornado
State of Tennessee

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php...

Ole' Man Winter is whistling while it blows in again. lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84739 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, ask AW, I was even defending you. Probably one of those that got erased. I did post the sink hole update for you and lala. You mainly since you have one.
Thanks for the clarification. However I don't need anyone to defend me from people who seem to hate me for no reason, LOL! I appreciate the effort though.

This is not real life, even considering that we all DO form an odd alliance of sorts through our chatting every day. So not to worry about it. Maybe things will change back to the way it used to be in here now...

Like I said, I normally tend not to comment to people who have a dislike toward me. I was mistaken and again I apologize for making an assumption. This thread moves quickly and if you miss a day, you're toast. Thanks to that daytime dose of Excedrin P.M.'s, I certainly DID miss a lot ROFLMBO!!

Things have been mighty quiet today for some reason, so I'm not going to rock the boat. I'm sure the Mods are pleased as well, hehe. I mentally see them sitting back with their feet up in the air as far as the Dead Bird thread goes, LOL!! I'm sure that's a first in quite a while, wouldn't you say?
:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84740 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight Ancient Wolf, all that s-word "blast" is coming your way. Coming down as hard as it can along with the temps. Have some pleasant dreams until tree time. Might catch you then.
didn't get the memo, hahaha, he will like that.:)
I was having a not so pleasant dream and was awakened by something roaring and went to the door and was about knocked down by a blizzard.

#84741 Jan 31, 2013
I swear, if I didn't just hear thunder outside?!?!?!
Am I loosing what's left of my mind finally?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84742 Jan 31, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the clarification. However I don't need anyone to defend me from people who seem to hate me for no reason, LOL! I appreciate the effort though.
This is not real life, even considering that we all DO form an odd alliance of sorts through our chatting every day. So not to worry about it. Maybe things will change back to the way it used to be in here now...
Like I said, I normally tend not to comment to people who have a dislike toward me. I was mistaken and again I apologize for making an assumption. This thread moves quickly and if you miss a day, you're toast. Thanks to that daytime dose of Excedrin P.M.'s, I certainly DID miss a lot ROFLMBO!!
Things have been mighty quiet today for some reason, so I'm not going to rock the boat. I'm sure the Mods are pleased as well, hehe. I mentally see them sitting back with their feet up in the air as far as the Dead Bird thread goes, LOL!! I'm sure that's a first in quite a while, wouldn't you say?
:)
Defend wasn't the correct word. I just made a statement to someone and AW agreed with me. Not much more. It does move quickly but I always go back and read up from the last comment I made, lots of gaps, but you still pick up a lot. I bet the mods are saying ahhhhh as long as this weather holds out they will talk about it. hahaha

Quiet is right. But the music was great!!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84743 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I was having a not so pleasant dream and was awakened by something roaring and went to the door and was about knocked down by a blizzard.
hahaha, that was old man winter I was talking about in an above post. He was whistling when he blew through here. lol Wish I had your wood stove or my old fireplace I use to have. haha
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84744 Jan 31, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Goodnight, AW.
On another note, snow stopped here hours ago. Just barely above freezing point right now. But I heard the weather guy mention single digits somewhere in our vicinity earlier today. I rarely turn this t.v. on and when I do, I tend to get sidetracked pretty easily.
Betty, I hope your hubby is safe tonight.
Anyone heard from Blue, by the way? Wonder where he is about now?
I spoke to a family member who's up in Boston. She said it's freezing butt cold up there too. Though oddly it's a few degrees warmer than we are right now. But they have the sea breezes which make for a different kind of of chill that gets in your bones.
thank you.

i make him call me every night rain or shine to let me know he made it. my brother likes to joke i keep him on a short leash and make him call me all the time and that im a nut and should let a man be a man and all that...

but i dont care, people can think what they want. i will give it to him that im a nut and add that im a spaz but we both travel out of the county for work about the same distance in opposite directions up and down i65 and lets face it, no matter how good a driver you are, others are usually not!

plus hubby says he dont mind... it makes him feel loved. he says when a women stops nagging, thats when its time to worry...lol

so every night i set here with my fingers crossed waiting for his call.
nights like these, since he is originally from florida and would tell you himself that snow and ice is not his forte, im crossing my fingers and toes and legs and arms and have braided my hair.......spaz mode activated.

stupid s word.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84745 Jan 31, 2013
I have on black lounging pants covered with bananas and the words "top" underneath each banana. LOL Long sleeved tee. fuzzy duck houseshoes. Had them on all day and just covered with bibs and rubber boots and a carhart to go check on the chickens.

My son is in Indianapolis heading to Fort Wayne. The other poster with an OTR trucker partner is from east Kentucky and I can't remember the ID she was using back then, but sounds much like the current Misty poster that talks about the most important thing being a good relationship between partners. I hate it when I have brain lapses, but I guess it comes with age. I might look back a couple months or so.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84746 Jan 31, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
You did. Thundersnow...from WDRB-Louisville:

Flash Freeze Possible Tonight! The Latest On This System In My Blog...

We have had reports of thundersnow from New Albany, IN to Brooks, KY to E-town, KY and a bunch of places in the area. Thundersnow is defined as heavy snow with strikes of lightning and rumbles of thunder. It happens when we get "convective" snow like we saw tonight. Crazy stuff! Remember we are under a Winter Weather Advisory through 2 am.

This means we will likely freeze tonight. We may see what is called a "flash freeze" tonight where the wet roads instaneously go to icy. Flash freeze conditions can be dangerous because roads can get extremely slick very fast. I cannot emphasize enough that travel tonight is not advised and we need to be careful driving in the morning. There will be icy conditions in a large part of the area.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84747 Jan 31, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
thundersnow!

(thats one of the many terms the weather channel has created in the past couple years since the planet went haywire, like debrisball and midland tropical depression.... code for "we dont know what the he11 is going on anymore")
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84748 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched them. I am caught up in the Person of Interest show now. Commercial. lol
It is coming down here fast and hard. Sticking everywhere. That melted stuff on the roads earlier will now freeze with snow on top. Wind has kicked up too. Not going to be a good night to be out. I hope hubby gets there and back without much trouble. It doesn'tlook like it is going to hold off until midnight.
Have a great night. I am so happy to see you back.:)
troopers are saying get off the roads till the salt trucks go thru... hope everyone listens

#84750 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Defend wasn't the correct word. I just made a statement to someone and AW agreed with me. Not much more. It does move quickly but I always go back and read up from the last comment I made, lots of gaps, but you still pick up a lot. I bet the mods are saying ahhhhh as long as this weather holds out they will talk about it. hahaha
Quiet is right. But the music was great!!!
No problem. I'm just thankful for these nice quiet chats for a change without all of the negative input against anyone.

I really don't pay attention to any of the gaps on a normal day anyhow. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter if something is missing or not. That's my take on it. And I figure if it had something to do with a major catastrophe headed our way, it would resurface without what it may have been that caused it's demise, hehe.

We usually talk about things in here before the news media even gets wind of it at times. Like the Hawaiian earthquake a few months back? We were on it almost as fast as CNN. They should hire us!!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84751 Jan 31, 2013
Almost midnight, in the last hour about an inch of the nasty white stuff has covered the yard. The pup did not seem to mind the blizzard pace of s**w falling when I took him out a few minutes ago. I think at this pace, it will out do the expectations for accumulation.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84752 Jan 31, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you.
i make him call me every night rain or shine to let me know he made it. my brother likes to joke i keep him on a short leash and make him call me all the time and that im a nut and should let a man be a man and all that...
but i dont care, people can think what they want. i will give it to him that im a nut and add that im a spaz but we both travel out of the county for work about the same distance in opposite directions up and down i65 and lets face it, no matter how good a driver you are, others are usually not!
plus hubby says he dont mind... it makes him feel loved. he says when a women stops nagging, thats when its time to worry...lol
so every night i set here with my fingers crossed waiting for his call.
nights like these, since he is originally from florida and would tell you himself that snow and ice is not his forte, im crossing my fingers and toes and legs and arms and have braided my hair.......spaz mode activated.
stupid s word.
Hi betty, 65 to and from Louisville is dangerous on a dry day. My sister does the exact same thing to her hubby. He leaves out of Etown around 4am and has to use that route to get to work. I bet she will be begging him not to go in the morning. He will anyway. He doesn't miss work for weather unless like the other day 65 was shut down both directions. 31W won't do especially Muldraugh hill. I hope he will be safe.

#84753 Jan 31, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
thundersnow!
(thats one of the many terms the weather channel has created in the past couple years since the planet went haywire, like debrisball and midland tropical depression.... code for "we dont know what the he11 is going on anymore")
ROFLMBO!! I so agree, hehe. What's the new one they're using now for the definitions of overcast and cloud cover? "Verga" or something is it now?

It was humorous enough when they discovered how to use the word "indices" as opposed to just saying index.

And my skin STILL crawls every time I hear a news-person repeatedly try to fill in the gaps with "If you will" at the end of a sentence...
(If I will WHAT, pray tell)??

#84754 Jan 31, 2013
There I went and opened my mouth.
Enter vulgar troll, stage left.
That won't last long....
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84755 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have on black lounging pants covered with bananas and the words "top" underneath each banana. LOL Long sleeved tee. fuzzy duck houseshoes. Had them on all day and just covered with bibs and rubber boots and a carhart to go check on the chickens.
My son is in Indianapolis heading to Fort Wayne. The other poster with an OTR trucker partner is from east Kentucky and I can't remember the ID she was using back then, but sounds much like the current Misty poster that talks about the most important thing being a good relationship between partners. I hate it when I have brain lapses, but I guess it comes with age. I might look back a couple months or so.
haha, Bananas huh? You are going to make someone jealous with those fuzzy duck houseshoes, you know he love ducks. hahaha

I hope your son will be safe. Not looking good up that way. I know he will get off the road before risking it. More people should.

I think it was that misty eyed, goes by misty now?

#84756 Jan 31, 2013
So, we're under an instant freeze warning? It's raining here. I'm in for a nasty mess outside. I'll be back in a few. Going to try to coax the dogs out early before those steps get slick again and then throw some of AB's wonder recipe down on them..

Be back in a few..
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84757 Jan 31, 2013
Too much trouble to find that ID but all I remember was that she was a most pleasant poster from East Kentuckty that had every reason to brag about her caring partner. So Misty, if that was you come tell us and we will all give you a group E-hug LOL
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84758 Jan 31, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMBO!! I so agree, hehe. What's the new one they're using now for the definitions of overcast and cloud cover? "Verga" or something is it now?
It was humorous enough when they discovered how to use the word "indices" as opposed to just saying index.
And my skin STILL crawls every time I hear a news-person repeatedly try to fill in the gaps with "If you will" at the end of a sentence...
(If I will WHAT, pray tell)??
you should go on wave three weathers facebook page and ask them.... just dont forget to copy paste the convo here when you are done... would love to see the answers:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wreck below Stevie's place 1 hr Root 3
Janel Hoskins 3 hr nxtdornaborwhnkids 2
Why are they cars parked on the side of the roa... 4 hr Wonder 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr stray-cat 132,163
El Cazador shut down???? 7 hr Heresay 16
who is Donald Webb? (Jul '09) Thu sowhat 53
Strange 4 wheeler activity on Rt. 66 Thu iknowitsudavidsons 22
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web