Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,201 - 71,220 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Yesterday
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had drywall and fresh paint, I would agree with you. But mine is solid wood in that area and brick work flooring. Now if it leaked somewhere else, that would be a different story. If you ever get it stopped, wipe the area with a chlorine bleach and first cover it with KILNS, then if you have left over paint you can touch up.
will keep that in mind thank you.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

haha, I am going to try and see if they send me some place else AW. Berea is the first thing I seen. haha

Dinner and dishes done, hot shower and snuggly "soft kitty" night shirt, fuzzy socks, and ready for one of my favorite shows, Person of Interest to come on.

I thought I would check and see how you folks are doing and if weather is changing yet. It is cold here, flurries covering the cars, bushes, and grass. Not the driveway yet. Melts when it hits as of now. Not for long so the weather man says.

I hope everyone is having a good evening and are staying warm. Hope the good music summoned Peace and Watch. I sure miss them. We use to have music at least once a week. Nothing takes you down memory lane more than music.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
lmao.... seeing three of them already
sorry guys
Hi betty, that is too funny. Hope you are having a good night.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Betty, I'd LOVE to reply to your post. But I'm going to wait until the sniffer bot decides which one it's going to remove for you, ROFLMBO!!!

This web site gets some strange "ticks" sometimes, hehe.

I'll wait a bit to see what I can and can't reply to, haha!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi betty, that is too funny. Hope you are having a good night.
Those kiddos will keep you on your toes. I know what you mean about that city and the surrounding ones. They built it up too much and too fast during BRAC and continue to move country living further and further out building neighborhoods for to house them. Pawn shops and fast food, that's about it for that place.

Tell hubby, mold was the reason they tore that Armor Inn (NCO Club) down to the ground. The mold was so bad they couldn't clean or kill it. Lots of places like that probably need to be but are cleaned so often a couple places like Pike Hall (Chaplains, EEO, JAG, federal court) smells like bleach all the time. It causes so many problems. Please don't let it get out of hand. It definitely will affect your health.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for 'The Thrill,'Abeliever'; it's my favorite BB song of all time! And watching B.B. and Clapton on stage together is a thrill in and of itself! Notice their body language; they aren't just 'playing' the music, they become ONE with it! Truly amazing to watch and know the feeling. No wonder it has been called the devil's music. lol - But anything that can be so all-consuming can be a scary thing.- And on a more humorous note; I will say that your video gave me something to FINALLY compliment the president on; at least he has good taste in music and musicians! LOL
You are welcome Logic. We use to have music night after we had exhausted research and theories on the birds dropping dead. I love Clapton and BB King. I enjoyed hearing them as well as lot of music today. I went on to get my favs out while working when I left here it made me want to just hear more. lol
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
haha, I am going to try and see if they send me some place else AW. Berea is the first thing I seen. haha
Dinner and dishes done, hot shower and snuggly "soft kitty" night shirt, fuzzy socks, and ready for one of my favorite shows, Person of Interest to come on.
I thought I would check and see how you folks are doing and if weather is changing yet. It is cold here, flurries covering the cars, bushes, and grass. Not the driveway yet. Melts when it hits as of now. Not for long so the weather man says.
I hope everyone is having a good evening and are staying warm. Hope the good music summoned Peace and Watch. I sure miss them. We use to have music at least once a week. Nothing takes you down memory lane more than music.:)
my sister in- law and i are all into that new show on abc called scandal... we don't miss an episode. but she don't get local channels on her satellite package so she comes over every thursday night so we can watch it off my clandestine free antenna tv..... im doing the fuzzy sock thing, but mickey mouse fuzzy pants (and of course) a betty boop T.

same here on the snow so far, flurring no sticking ... hope it holds off on sticking here till midnight, hubby has to leave for work at eleven. he drives all night but the speed limit at Bernheim is only like fifteen, plus then its not our vehicle to get messed up so i dont worry much about the snow sticking making it slick on his shift, but the drive into work is all the way down I65, that one always makes me nervous, even when its mid-summer and dry... so hope it holds till he gets there at least.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Well Good Night folks. I can't wait up on the wayward UNA much longer. He was up early and gone. He must not have gotten the memo.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well Good Night folks. I can't wait up on the wayward UNA much longer. He was up early and gone. He must not have gotten the memo.
Goodnight Ancient Wolf, all that s-word "blast" is coming your way. Coming down as hard as it can along with the temps. Have some pleasant dreams until tree time. Might catch you then.

didn't get the memo, hahaha, he will like that.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
my sister in- law and i are all into that new show on abc called scandal... we don't miss an episode. but she don't get local channels on her satellite package so she comes over every thursday night so we can watch it off my clandestine free antenna tv..... im doing the fuzzy sock thing, but mickey mouse fuzzy pants (and of course) a betty boop T.
same here on the snow so far, flurring no sticking ... hope it holds off on sticking here till midnight, hubby has to leave for work at eleven. he drives all night but the speed limit at Bernheim is only like fifteen, plus then its not our vehicle to get messed up so i dont worry much about the snow sticking making it slick on his shift, but the drive into work is all the way down I65, that one always makes me nervous, even when its mid-summer and dry... so hope it holds till he gets there at least.
I haven't watched them. I am caught up in the Person of Interest show now. Commercial. lol

It is coming down here fast and hard. Sticking everywhere. That melted stuff on the roads earlier will now freeze with snow on top. Wind has kicked up too. Not going to be a good night to be out. I hope hubby gets there and back without much trouble. It doesn'tlook like it is going to hold off until midnight.

Have a great night. I am so happy to see you back.:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Goodnight, AW.

On another note, snow stopped here hours ago. Just barely above freezing point right now. But I heard the weather guy mention single digits somewhere in our vicinity earlier today. I rarely turn this t.v. on and when I do, I tend to get sidetracked pretty easily.

Betty, I hope your hubby is safe tonight.

Anyone heard from Blue, by the way? Wonder where he is about now?

I spoke to a family member who's up in Boston. She said it's freezing butt cold up there too. Though oddly it's a few degrees warmer than we are right now. But they have the sea breezes which make for a different kind of of chill that gets in your bones.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Windy and chilly here, but so far, no snow. I think it's going to miss us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

As long as we're comparing P.Jammies, I'm wearing my new 'Joe Boxer' brand SpongeBobs with matching fuzzy socks and tank top. Well, they're pretty new anyway. I wore them for the first time the other night since I got them for Christmas and they hit the wash the next. They're so comfy, I put them back on tonight after I showered.
So technically they're still kind of new, right??
:)
one

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

it snowed.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched them. I am caught up in the Person of Interest show now. Commercial. lol
It is coming down here fast and hard. Sticking everywhere. That melted stuff on the roads earlier will now freeze with snow on top. Wind has kicked up too. Not going to be a good night to be out. I hope hubby gets there and back without much trouble. It doesn'tlook like it is going to hold off until midnight.
Have a great night. I am so happy to see you back.:)
I'm glad they finally concluded the first part of this episode, I did not think the woman was killed when she was hit with the air strike, ha, can't fool ol Hemp, typical spy subplot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Right now it's snowing to give it heck in Lexington and Frankfort. Glad I'm snuggled up here with the critters.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

one wrote:
it snowed.
We don't use that word on here, it's the "S" word please.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ooops. Sorry.

The sky is leaking that puffy, frozen white stuff all over Lexington and Frankfort...

My bad...
:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Snowing in Bowling Green, and Glasgow, but nothing here.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Goodnight, AW.
On another note, snow stopped here hours ago. Just barely above freezing point right now. But I heard the weather guy mention single digits somewhere in our vicinity earlier today. I rarely turn this t.v. on and when I do, I tend to get sidetracked pretty easily.
Betty, I hope your hubby is safe tonight.
Anyone heard from Blue, by the way? Wonder where he is about now?
I spoke to a family member who's up in Boston. She said it's freezing butt cold up there too. Though oddly it's a few degrees warmer than we are right now. But they have the sea breezes which make for a different kind of of chill that gets in your bones.
Good evening Nope, I was wondering about Blueminer myself and I meant to ask AW if his son was on the road. There were a lot of semi accidents the last couple days and it is coming down as fast as it can right now, we might get 2 inches, of course it is worse across the river. Glad the Ohio River sends it to OHIO lol. I barely caught it on the news and think it was Ohio, Ind, Ill area. I might look for it on the news sites I watch. Everytime I see or hear about them I think of AW's son and Blueminer. Now Betty's hubby now that she updated us on him getting cleared to drive again.

Just checked and the white stuff is minimal, almost done, wind still zipping, probably blowing it off the trees and roof. Temps are definitely dropping. Brrrrrrr Wish I still had a fireplace or a woodstove.:)

Hope you seen the sinkhole story I posted. Don't know how many of them were removed other than no nuts icons..haha when all the rest did. Plus the earthquakes and extreme weather, if the animals start acting up we better brace ourselves. haha

Have a good night and stay warm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Quantummist 130,280
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min DITCH MITCH 149,985
What's up with Jeff Centers firing from KSP 46 min suspicious 9
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Dr Rachel 1,030
Roots Branch 4 hr Grovey 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Republicans Are S... 26,229
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 7 hr Republicans Are S... 16,129
Clay County Days 8 hr Hall 17
accident Wed cathleen 4
2 hunters shot in clay county Tue my opinion 342

Search the Manchester Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Manchester People Search