4 new teaching jobs open in Clay County?

4 new teaching jobs open in Clay County?

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Funny

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 9, 2013
If there are four new jobs posted, then why don't you just apply for them and quit your gripping. If you are a great teacher, you will have an opportunity to prove yourself through an interview.
Teacher

London, KY

#7 Jul 9, 2013
Funny wrote:
If there are four new jobs posted, then why don't you just apply for them and quit your gripping. If you are a great teacher, you will have an opportunity to prove yourself through an interview.
In this county and surrounding counties, you don't have to prove yourself, its who you KNOW! When the Superintendent post the jobs, they already know who is going to be hired. Very sad.....
truth

London, KY

#8 Jul 9, 2013
You obviously know nothing about how employment works at the board of education. Do you honestly think all great teachers get the opportunity to teach? I know several people in this county that are well trained and capable but will never get the chance because they know no one. I have a friend that is in this situation
Certified

London, KY

#9 Jul 9, 2013
truth wrote:
You obviously know nothing about how employment works at the board of education. Do you honestly think all great teachers get the opportunity to teach? I know several people in this county that are well trained and capable but will never get the chance because they know no one. I have a friend that is in this situation
You have told the truth. I am in the same boat as your friend.
BigTom

Flat Lick, KY

#10 Jul 10, 2013
Have these folks placed applications in other counties, neighboring counties do not have the same policy that you have to be a clay countian who has no political connections nor anyone who works for the school system to be eligible for employment like clay county does.
Nope

Elizabethtown, IN

#11 Jul 14, 2013
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
In this county and surrounding counties, you don't have to prove yourself, its who you KNOW! When the Superintendent post the jobs, they already know who is going to be hired. Very sad.....
Apply over in Laurel. Half the people they hire ain't from Laurel.
applicant

Charlestown, IN

#12 Jul 16, 2013
I thought you inherited those jobs
Reading job

Manchester, KY

#13 Jul 16, 2013
who will get that one
Reality

United States

#16 Jul 17, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
We have some of the smartest people in the United States that live here in this county. I would like to know where you were born and raised and how did you become so intelligent.
You have some of the smartest people in the country there? Yeah sure you do. If that were true, Clay County wouldn't be one of the most uneducated places in the country. If it is indeed true, what does that say about the rest of the people there? They must be the dumbest people on the planet in order to offset the smartest people to make Clay County one of the most uneducated places around.

By the way, if I grew up in Afghanistan, where most people don't go to school, I would be right on par with Clay County. Congratulations. Welcome to reality.
Teachless

London, KY

#17 Jul 17, 2013
My son's teacher told me last year in front of his students that he only became a teacher because of the days they get off. I asked what about the kids, he said I've never really liked them. I moved school districts!
Newest Addition

London, KY

#18 Jul 17, 2013
You all are talking about 4 jobs like its 400. There is a freeze with new hires. And with new positions for 2013-2014 school year, those have been filed for the new school years.
Fools Fools

London, KY

#19 Jul 17, 2013
London has gotten over 1000 new jobs coming. Smallest starting pay $12.35, full benefits!! And you fools go crazy over 4, that have already been filled.
Rudie

Flat Lick, KY

#20 Jul 18, 2013
You do know clay county people who want a job may apply for those jobs in Laurel County, they don't have the rule over there that you must be a from Laurel County to have a Laurel County based job. Of course you will need to take a bath and free of drugs. Oh yea you must also come to work everyday.....
Citizen

Manchester, KY

#21 Jul 18, 2013
Looks like there are two jobs left for elementary teachers. Who got the other two jobs?
new job

Middlesboro, KY

#22 Jul 19, 2013
location of 1000 jobs?
Parent

London, KY

#23 Jul 19, 2013
All jobs have been filled. Who got them?
Sally

London, KY

#24 Jul 19, 2013
Dora combs got the position at Big Creek, Kari Ealy Hibbard the position at Hacker and I don't think they have told who got the 2 paces creek positions
Great

United States

#25 Jul 19, 2013
Sally wrote:
Dora combs got the position at Big Creek, Kari Ealy Hibbard the position at Hacker and I don't think they have told who got the 2 paces creek positions
way to go kari
Joke

London, KY

#26 Jul 19, 2013
Did Kari even go through an interview! What a joke
BIG CARD

United States

#27 Jul 20, 2013
wait till the big card is played then everyone will stand with their mouth dropped open

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any info on Whitney Smith from Manchester 19 min Justawondering 1
Who is the biggest cheese eaters in Clay Co? (Jun '09) 20 min Cock fighting 25
Billy Joe Henson 1 hr Leeroy 31
whre is tracy now 1 hr i no 2
Tim Lawson 1 hr Ledford Dean 12
Danny Asher works at L.C.F (Jan '10) 2 hr corbins best 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Chris 150,013

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance