Vilonia, AR

#44 Apr 4, 2013
Biggie wrote:
Having too many problems.
Every one wants something for nothing.
oink

Mount Vernon, KY

#46 Apr 15, 2013
I have lived in several different places in my 64 years of living. In big cities they have drug problems, murders, thieves, drunks and able bodied people that want work, all the above just like clay county. You can blame this or that but it come down to one thing its the society we live in today. How many of you can remember when you used to leave doors unlocked at nite, kids would go from neighbors to neighbors house with no worry of them being molested or be in with a bunch of low life dopeheads. How many of you can remember when you eat at your neighbors homes and they at yours, you would not be looking to screw your neighbors spouse or one of their kids. All of you can say it's this or that but fact is it the society we have now, no respect, no morals and no work ethics plain and simple.
Uncle Tom

Louisville, KY

#47 Sep 20, 2013
This is a good poll
sam

Jeffersonville, IN

#48 Sep 27, 2013
Corruption
Johnathan D Masters

Paris, TN

#50 May 5, 2015
Behind Poverty, Clay Countians voted Police Corruption as being the 2nd biggest issue they face. You have been heard:
&fe ature=youtu.be
lol

Hudson, OH

#51 May 5, 2015
Roger wrote:
Please note the results of this survey identifies poverty and education as being the most significant problems. Education and income levels are positively correlated; increased educational attainment leads to higher income earnings.
We need to address these two issues by insisting the the school system provides high quality educational services, support resources, and educational programs that help students to meet college and career readiness standards.
We need new and innovative attendance and incentive programs that encourage and increase student participation. We need new and innovative programs for gifted students, special students, and technical education students. All students need and deserve a quality education.
You are right encourage our children to do better but sometimes its harder then u think when it is the teachers that cause the children to hate school I would not have thought this way until my son reached high school and was bigger then most kids I kept thinking he was the problem being stubborn not wanting to do anything so I pushed more he would say u just don't understand I asked him tell me he wouldn't so one day me and my husband decided to make a surprise visit to school and mind I say it was only one teacher we are speaking of not all of them but we walked right pass the office without signin in because we heard a teacher from a distance yelling at a student sayin he will beat his ass to meet him at Walmart and he show him he made the kid sit in the hall way well as we came down the hallway and popped around the corner that student was our son and we watched as this teacher belittled our son well enough was enough and needless to say it was not pretty but in the end I had his job and my son graduated high school so not just parents do ur job but u teachers need to as well
Johnathan D Masters

Paris, TN

#52 May 6, 2015
While I like Universal Education, the greatest indicator of social mobility is the wealth of the parents. Education doesn't change one's prospects for life, and that means, it's failed. They believe in the 100% compliance principle, and the level at which one submits will be the level of injustice that is perpetuated upon you. Many times teachers are the biggest bullies in school... they want 100% compliance. If you dont raise your hand all the way up... that's a problem. We force our children to ask to go to the bathroom, and then at 18 years old, expect them to make important decisions about life. We should empower our children, and give them all the opportunities... not force them into compliance... I was Valedictorian of my High School, and I can't say that was a good thing. All it meant was that I was the most obedient, and that obedience is what has given me most of my problems in my life. Here's a piece I wrote about education: Popular Education in America: http://www.academia.edu/9425558/Popular_Educa...
ISD

Corbin, KY

#53 May 6, 2015
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right encourage our children to do better but sometimes its harder then u think when it is the teachers that cause the children to hate school I would not have thought this way until my son reached high school and was bigger then most kids I kept thinking he was the problem being stubborn not wanting to do anything so I pushed more he would say u just don't understand I asked him tell me he wouldn't so one day me and my husband decided to make a surprise visit to school and mind I say it was only one teacher we are speaking of not all of them but we walked right pass the office without signin in because we heard a teacher from a distance yelling at a student sayin he will beat his ass to meet him at Walmart and he show him he made the kid sit in the hall way well as we came down the hallway and popped around the corner that student was our son and we watched as this teacher belittled our son well enough was enough and needless to say it was not pretty but in the end I had his job and my son graduated high school so not just parents do ur job but u teachers need to as well
What high school?
Johnathan D Masters

Paris, TN

#54 May 9, 2015
Masters posts his 132 Thesis on the walls of Catholic Church calling for Reformation, Renaissance, and Enlightenment! http://young4ky.blogspot.com/2015/05/masters-...
NewtoClayCounty

London, KY

#55 May 12, 2015
Roger wrote:
Please note the results of this survey identifies poverty and education as being the most significant problems. Education and income levels are positively correlated; increased educational attainment leads to higher income earnings.
We need to address these two issues by insisting the the school system provides high quality educational services, support resources, and educational programs that help students to meet college and career readiness standards.
We need new and innovative attendance and incentive programs that encourage and increase student participation. We need new and innovative programs for gifted students, special students, and technical education students. All students need and deserve a quality education.
I have to agree with this.
Better education means we can bring more high tech into the area, as we'll have the manpower to support the jobs. In turn that will bring in more income and encourage more economic growth while providing more infrastructure (faster internet access) and thus even more technical jobs.

More (high end) economic growth means more lower paid positions (waitresses, etc) thus more opportunity to "push" those on the Government gravy train into working for a living. Then we can start to "cut" free money for those undeserving (druggies) while still supporting those retirees and those physically or mentally unable to work.
Reporter

London, KY

#56 May 13, 2015
A very easy question to answer. The sorry, lazy, uneducated, unethical, inbred check drawers that live here!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min ChromiuMan 148,971
Dollar General store 2 hr Satan 19
How the Hell Do You Get Ahold of Dog Warden? (Nov '11) 4 hr parmasan 35
Christina Smith/hubbard 9 hr watcher 1
looking for land 11 hr Land 1
ruby on white branch 12 hr dot 1
paw paw 15 hr Justasking 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages