Byrd Family from Clay County , Ky . S...

Byrd Family from Clay County , Ky . Sextons Creek area ,,, please help

Posted in the Manchester Forum

Byrd Family

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 1, 2011
I am trying to find ANy information about my Grandmother Lucy Barrett ,, married to my Grandfather James Byrd ,,, in Clay County ,Ky. My Father's name was Everett Byrd born in 1909 , he had two brothers Lenoard and Benjamin also a sister Della that died in her thirties in Clay County and an infant sibling that supposedley died in a house fire ,,, my Daddy Everett told me his Mother Lucy Barrett-Byrd passed away when he was very young ,,, My father Everett was killed by a drunk driver in 1961 I was just 9 years old ,,, I have never seen a picture of my grandparents ,,, would love to know more about them ,,, any help would be greatly apprecated .
Thank You
Judy Byrd - Donley e amil address is @ [email protected]
Shaun Hooker

Barbourville, KY

#2 Aug 2, 2011
My great-grandfather was a byrd off of sextons'creek, his dad's name was Cam Byrd....The only person that would know anythang about your family would be Delbert Woods, he lives on Sacker, I think he is 93 this year, ....He used to foxhunt with a lot of ppl from around here and he owns a foxpen on sacker....You can probably look his number up in the phone book or try his daughter Margaret Lee or her husband Bige Hensley....
concerned

Somerset, KY

#3 Aug 6, 2011
I know a few Byrds from Sextons Creek. I dont know if they can help u with what u r looking 4 but its worth a shot.
Burkhart

Vilonia, AR

#4 Oct 22, 2011
i know some byrd's from sexton to I live on sexton and I am related to some of them
wild n crazy

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Oct 23, 2011
I have a big bird to show you .. ha ha ha
Judy Byrd

Louisville, KY

#6 Nov 30, 2011
Shaun Hooker wrote:
My great-grandfather was a byrd off of sextons'creek, his dad's name was Cam Byrd....The only person that would know anythang about your family would be Delbert Woods, he lives on Sacker, I think he is 93 this year,....He used to foxhunt with a lot of ppl from around here and he owns a foxpen on sacker....You can probably look his number up in the phone book or try his daughter Margaret Lee or her husband Bige Hensley....
I am actually related some how to a Cam Byrd ,,, any help would be appreciated thank you so much
My e mail address is
[email protected]
Judy Byrd

Louisville, KY

#7 Nov 30, 2011
concerned wrote:
I know a few Byrds from Sextons Creek. I dont know if they can help u with what u r looking 4 but its worth a shot.
I would appreciate any help ,,, thank you for responding ,,, I have been trying for years to find a photo of my Grandparents
James ( trick ) Byrd and Lucy Barrett- Byrd ,,, or to know something about them ,,, my Daddy Everett Byrd was killed by a drunk driver when I was just a little girl ,,,, I want so much to know about my heritage ,,, all of my Daddy's family were born In Clay County and lived in the Sextons Creek area
Judy Byrd

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 30, 2011
Burkhart wrote:
i know some byrd's from sexton to I live on sexton and I am rel
I would appreciate any help ,,, thank you for responding ,,, I have been trying for years to find a photo of my Grandparents
James ( trick ) Byrd and Lucy Barrett- Byrd ,,, or to know something about them ,,, my Daddy Everett Byrd was killed by a drunk driver when I was just a little girl ,,,, I want so much to know about my heritage ,,, all of my Daddy's family were born In Clay County and lived in the Sextons Creek areaated to some of them
James ( trick ) Byrd and Lucy Barrett- Byrd ,,, or to know something about them ,,, my Daddy Everett Byrd was killed by a drunk driver when I was just a little girl ,,,, I want so much to know about my heritage ,,, all of my Daddy's family were born In Clay County and lived in the Sextons Creek area
Judy Byrd

Louisville, KY

#9 Nov 30, 2011
Yummy

London, KY

#10 Dec 2, 2011
I would suggest a weekend trip to Clay County sometime. Most of the Byrd families live on Sexton Creek here in Clay County and I am sure they could give you the information you seek. Do you know where your family is buried? We have many small family cemeteries here in the county and they are a treasure trove of information also.
Oscar and Earsley Byrd

River Grove, IL

#11 Feb 23, 2013
I'm looking for information about Oscar and Earsley Byrd, my great-grandparents. I know Earsley was born in Clay County, and family tradition seems to think Oscar was her cousin. They married and had several children, but then Oscar ran off. Does anyone know anything about Oscar Byrd (born around 1900)? His mother's name was either Lonie or Unee? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
M.Byrd
[email protected]
jade bird

London, KY

#12 Feb 25, 2013
i known some byrd on wildcat and all her family are byrd just hit me back
Oscar and Earsley Byrd

River Grove, IL

#13 Feb 25, 2013
jade bird wrote:
i known some byrd on wildcat and all her family are byrd just hit me back
I have a sister named Jade! Small world. Have you heard of Earlsey or Oscar Byrd?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHAD`S HOPE[ what a joke] (May '09) 1 hr Brian v 79
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Blacklagoon 163,782
lovers leap?? 2 hr Truth I Tell 3
miss randy napier please 4 hr Sick of hearing a... 19
Tyrell Size more stole our Honda motorcycle out... 5 hr CaptObvious 8
Kids caught partying up at Laurel Lake 6 hr CaptObvious 8
Tv show about a artifact rock found in creek 17 hr Chinaman 8

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages