Do You Want Pill Mills or More Murders in Clay Co?

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Secrets

Heidrick, KY

#1 Dec 13, 2012
Just wondering, because it seems that new regulations forcing pill mills out of business are causing pill heads to become more desperate.

Breaking and entering are commonplace and after the murder on Bell's Fork, it makes you wonder how safe you are if you happen to have a legitimate need for pain pills or Xanax.

People who get pills are being forced to jump through more hoops to get them from doctors, and many area doctors have simply stopped writing pain meds and xanax to anyone.

Non-narcotics such as torridol, or weak meds (for addicts) like tylenol 3 are becoming more and more commonly prescribed.

Personally, I don't have pain or depression, so there is nothing in my home or on my person for an addict to get high on. However, I feel somewhat threatened by druggie thieves who may try to steal from me to support their habit.

Glad I have a large, vicious dog in the yard, and firearms in easy reach, but what about people who don't?
what you saying

London, KY

#2 Dec 14, 2012
You want the pill mills brought back so pillheads will have easy access to their addiction. How about this. Let them dry out and get a job somewhere. Sorriness. All that is. OH, I am 20 years old and have enough pain that I need pain medicine. That is Horse*hit. I never had a pain in my body when I was 20 years. This pain pill Bull*hit needs to end. PERIOD. Let them go get them some METH. Least they be dead in 3 or 4 years. Yes that is harsh. Addicts have no family. They ruin everyone and everything around them. Period. Period.
wtf

London, KY

#3 Dec 14, 2012
dont recall that anybody house was broke into with these murders, said the old man was robbed and beat to death not about a break in, sounds like it was connected to a drug head neice who lived with him, so dont let no drug additct family live with you.

as for as eli marcum well sounds like that pill mill shit may have what got him killed.

so what the hell is your point.
Lol

Manchester, KY

#4 Dec 14, 2012
Up with hope... Down with dope. /sarcasm
Stan

Versailles, KY

#5 Dec 14, 2012
The tragic incidents only serve to remind us of how precious life is and how important it is to be involved in family life and quality time to and work even harder to prevent drug abuse and addictions within each of our households, families, and within the larger community.

Desperate times and desperate people often lose sanity and their grip with reality and fail to recognize nor care for the concerns they cause others.

This disease is destroying individuals, families, and entire communities. Please understand my compassion for others is not an excuse for them nor a pardon for their behaviors, but more importantly human beings are suffering and we must do better to rid this plague from our lives!
Secrets

Heidrick, KY

#6 Dec 14, 2012
I certainly wasn't advocating a return of pill mills. You should read my post. I was simply pointing out that the growing scarcity of pills is going to result in desperation for the addicts.

As for the breaking and entering, I never said either murder was a result of that, but simply pointed out that it is commonplace in Clay County. How many of you can say that you've never been robbed since you came to Clay County?

Maybe it was only some cd's from your car or something that you left outside through carelessness. But truly, I don't know anyone in this county who has not been robbed or had a family member who was robbed.

My only point was, what can be done to hold back the tide of evil that has resulted from addiction?

Now, after the nut case in Conn. killed 26 people in a school, including 20 children aged 5 - 10, we will surely be called upon to surrender our guns. What will happen here if law-abiding citizens are prevented from having weapons to defend their homes and families?

My prayers are going up for those poor families who lost children and loved ones today...
miller

Williamsburg, KY

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Secrets wrote:
Just wondering, because it seems that new regulations forcing pill mills out of business are causing pill heads to become more desperate.
Breaking and entering are commonplace and after the murder on Bell's Fork, it makes you wonder how safe you are if you happen to have a legitimate need for pain pills or Xanax.
People who get pills are being forced to jump through more hoops to get them from doctors, and many area doctors have simply stopped writing pain meds and xanax to anyone.
Non-narcotics such as torridol, or weak meds (for addicts) like tylenol 3 are becoming more and more commonly prescribed.
Personally, I don't have pain or depression, so there is nothing in my home or on my person for an addict to get high on. However, I feel somewhat threatened by druggie thieves who may try to steal from me to support their habit.
Glad I have a large, vicious dog in the yard, and firearms in easy reach, but what about people who don't?
None of the above.....
question

London, KY

#8 Dec 14, 2012
Everyone needs to look around at all the pillheads or addicts that you know. Now ask yourself how many of these addicts do you think really need to be taking perscription medication for pain. Out of all you know or know of, how many have a legitimate reason to be "hooked" on pills? I bet it is a very small percentage. This is the problem with pills. Doctors need to quit giving pain medication out like it is a common tylenol. I am all for the "pill mill" bill if it makes it more difficult for an addict to get his pills. Let them dry out and get a job. What are your thoughts on this?
neither

London, KY

#9 Dec 14, 2012
I am sorry, but the person who stated this post seems to think we either have to make it easy for an addict to get his pills or set back and let them break in and murder people in the holmes. This is the most insane thing I have heard in a while. Yes there are alot of addicts, but that does not mean they cant get clean. Also, most people in this county have become extra careful since these murders occured. So I say to all the "pillheads" go ahead and try your luck. See how far it gets you. You may steal enough to get you a pill somewhere or you may get what you deserve. You could always quit your pills. I have seen how you "hurt" when you have tried before. It is not hurting it is called "coming off you addiction". This may be better than the alternative. I am not talking about the very small number of old people or people that have a legit reason to be on pain pills, I am talking about these 20 and 30 year old people that act like they are broke down when they haven't worked a day in their life. Come on, geve me a friggin break. First, get you a life,get clean, then get you a da*n job. WTF
me too

London, KY

#10 Dec 14, 2012
Have lived in Clay Co. all my life. Never had a thing stole off me. Of Course, never really had that much, and most people who knew me knew I was never very far from a loaded gun. Never had much confidence in calling the law if something happened. Have learned to take care of self first then call the law.. It may be a long wait. As far as hurting anyone, my dad raised me to not bother a soul unless they bothered you first. Seems to have served me well. Anyway, when I got older, I have a new belief. Is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Ky is a castle doctrine state and I will do my best to protect my family and "castle", even if it still has its wheels under it. Its my family and "castle".
Just me

Manchester, KY

#11 Dec 14, 2012
question wrote:
Everyone needs to look around at all the pillheads or addicts that you know. Now ask yourself how many of these addicts do you think really need to be taking perscription medication for pain. Out of all you know or know of, how many have a legitimate reason to be "hooked" on pills? I bet it is a very small percentage. This is the problem with pills. Doctors need to quit giving pain medication out like it is a common tylenol. I am all for the "pill mill" bill if it makes it more difficult for an addict to get his pills. Let them dry out and get a job. What are your thoughts on this?
It is most of the people drawing goverment ast that od i say let them do it andwipe them out we dont need them
biggie

London, KY

#12 Dec 22, 2012
me too wrote:
Have lived in Clay Co. all my life. Never had a thing stole off me. Of Course, never really had that much, and most people who knew me knew I was never very far from a loaded gun. Never had much confidence in calling the law if something happened. Have learned to take care of self first then call the law.. It may be a long wait. As far as hurting anyone, my dad raised me to not bother a soul unless they bothered you first. Seems to have served me well. Anyway, when I got older, I have a new belief. Is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Ky is a castle doctrine state and I will do my best to protect my family and "castle", even if it still has its wheels under it. Its my family and "castle".
Respect.
weezy

London, KY

#13 Dec 23, 2012
Stan I totally agree with you on this subject. Pain pills have ruined the workforce in this whole area for decades to come and there is no letup in sight
If you people here in clay county really love your children or your spouse you will do everything in your power to make sure they never see another pain pill if thats what they are doing. Those things have ruined more lives in our area than anything else I can think of.
Somebody a lot smarter than me may be able to figure out how to fix this huge problem. I wish they would hurry up. Jail is not the solution, Education is only part of the solution, a very important part, Whatever it takes to keep our children safe and healthy. They are going to be running this county in a few short years you know.
ccr

Glasgow, KY

#14 Dec 23, 2012
neither wrote:
I am sorry, but the person who stated this post seems to think we either have to make it easy for an addict to get his pills or set back and let them break in and murder people in the holmes. This is the most insane thing I have heard in a while. Yes there are alot of addicts, but that does not mean they cant get clean. Also, most people in this county have become extra careful since these murders occured. So I say to all the "pillheads" go ahead and try your luck. See how far it gets you. You may steal enough to get you a pill somewhere or you may get what you deserve. You could always quit your pills. I have seen how you "hurt" when you have tried before. It is not hurting it is called "coming off you addiction". This may be better than the alternative. I am not talking about the very small number of old people or people that have a legit reason to be on pain pills, I am talking about these 20 and 30 year old people that act like they are broke down when they haven't worked a day in their life. Come on, geve me a friggin break. First, get you a life,get clean, then get you a da*n job. WTF
the pill heads as everyone calls them if it's made easy for them to get will take care of theirselves compare the numbers of murders to the #of od's and what do you get?and gun's you shound have to show proof that the gun is registered to you to buy sheels for it.the crooks will get theirs (like the pillheads)it's the people that need them and can't afford to buy one that needs to be furished one by the state.
40x70 square

Somerset, KY

#15 Dec 23, 2012
I got a 40x70 square that I call my house. It is mine. I will fight for whats in it, from my family to my guns. Come and get them is all I got to say, pillheads or the government.
heard that

Somerset, KY

#16 Dec 24, 2012
Was all our President was waiting on was this tradegy that happened at that school. Now he can take our guns and we will be at the mercy of the check drawers and pillheads. It seems to be all he has thought about for the last 5 years. It don't pay to work. It all gets took in taxes or to buy gas to go there. Now we will get to worry about our defenseless families at home. This aint what The United States is supposed to be.
Just me

Manchester, KY

#17 Dec 24, 2012
what you saying wrote:
You want the pill mills brought back so pillheads will have easy access to their addiction. How about this. Let them dry out and get a job somewhere. Sorriness. All that is. OH, I am 20 years old and have enough pain that I need pain medicine. That is Horse*hit. I never had a pain in my body when I was 20 years. This pain pill Bull*hit needs to end. PERIOD. Let them go get them some METH. Least they be dead in 3 or 4 years. Yes that is harsh. Addicts have no family. They ruin everyone and everything around them. Period. Period.
them pillhead need to beshot on sight when they try to break in on people shoot the basterds
Just me

Manchester, KY

#18 Dec 24, 2012
weezy wrote:
Stan I totally agree with you on this subject. Pain pills have ruined the workforce in this whole area for decades to come and there is no letup in sight
If you people here in clay county really love your children or your spouse you will do everything in your power to make sure they never see another pain pill if thats what they are doing. Those things have ruined more lives in our area than anything else I can think of.
Somebody a lot smarter than me may be able to figure out how to fix this huge problem. I wish they would hurry up. Jail is not the solution, Education is only part of the solution, a very important part, Whatever it takes to keep our children safe and healthy. They are going to be running this county in a few short years you know.
the goverment needs to stop there checks and we need kill the bastards when they try to break in on us
shucks

London, KY

#19 Dec 25, 2012
have you folks forgot we are in clay co. look at hou many officials are in or have went to prison. there aint no wonder our county is in the shape it is in. I blame the judges,laywers,cops and doctors. We live in a time when everybody beats the system and it finally has caught up with us. If you made all the dope heads pay for their doctor visits and their pills we would have a lot less addicts. The laywers and the judges look forward to seeing these idiots because of the money they are making from these people. Hell Clay Co. is the only place I know where you can go to prison get out and then get a job with the state. Tell me how that happaned.
just maybe

Somerset, KY

#20 Dec 25, 2012
Just maybe its time for this stupidity to stop. Quess we will have to start voting for the new quys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min dollarsbill 132,142
what's open 10 min Pecked 3
thief or operatunist 4 hr confuzzled 4
needing a place to rent 4 hr merry christmas 2
Strange 4 wheeler activity on Rt. 66 13 hr iknowitsu 20
El Cazador shut down???? 13 hr fyi 15
nerve doctor 13 hr lolly 11
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"