"Stay In Clay" Org. Dumbest ideal ever!

"Stay In Clay" Org. Dumbest ideal ever!

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jack

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Jul 15, 2014
This is the stupidest ideal i have ever heard of, why would people sacrifice their own future and potential opportunity to better theirselves to stay in clay county and waste their life there?

So people with business interest there can make money and not lose their cash flow!
Jack

Middlesboro, KY

#2 Jul 15, 2014
It all comes down to money!
gbc

Flat Lick, KY

#3 Jul 15, 2014
Jack wrote:
This is the stupidest ideal i have ever heard of, why would people sacrifice their own future and potential opportunity to better theirselves to stay in clay county and waste their life there?
So people with business interest there can make money and not lose their cash flow!
Somebody from London trying to start trouble.
ccresident

Brodhead, KY

#4 Jul 15, 2014
Its actually called an IDEA..... but, I guess you wouldn't know that!
Bonnie

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2014
Jack wrote:
It all comes down to money!
Well it sure is working out good for them, just saw on the news SIC recieved 130,000 in grant money to beautify the river bank. So I guess that means they will be doing the work and paying themselves with it, right? lmao Jul 7, 2014 - "Stay in Clay" gets $130,000 to improve river walk in Manchester ... Thanks to a more than $100,000 grant from the state's transportation department, it will happen ... wymt
citizen

Chardon, OH

#6 Jul 16, 2014
The grant money was given to the city of Manchester to lay blacktop and add street lights. Stay in Clay did not recieve the money and they didn't help get the money. That was just a lie made up by Rodney Miller and it was repeated in the Manchester Enterprise. I've got good news to put on topix, though. Rodney Miller is on his way out of the Manchester Enterprise.Glenn Gray got him a good job as Maintenance Supervisor at Hacker Elementary. As soon as, Joe gets put out in November Stay in Clay will go away too. When George goes out, Margy will lose her city job and her Rhino. I think its funny to see them in desperation now. Rodney is orange from tanning and those pink shirts don't help him none either. Margy wears different colored fake animal skins everyday, running around looking like a pregnant zebra or frumpy giraffe.

Bye Bye Millers
I bet it was fun while it lasted.
Bonnie

Williamsburg, KY

#9 Jul 17, 2014
http://www.google.com/url... and http://www.google.com/url...
I don't understand government why money is being thrown away and put in the hands of a few. This town is run down and prosperity is long gone. Face it, If you don't like it then leaving is your only hope for a better life if you wish. I also see the city is giving them 32,500.00 on top of this money. Can't believe the city gave them that much money when we need other things more important. So that totals 162,500.00! WOW! That's gonna be a helluva walk on the river. What we need is more educational programs for our youth and adults.
lol

London, KY

#10 Jul 17, 2014
Stay in Clay or move to Manchester so we can tax your ass off.
Somebody Else

Flat Lick, KY

#11 Jul 17, 2014
Bonnie wrote:
I don't understand government why money is being thrown away and put in the hands of a few. This town is run down and prosperity is long gone. Face it, If you don't like it then leaving is your only hope for a better life if you wish. I also see the city is giving them 32,500.00 on top of this money. Can't believe the city gave them that much money when we need other things more important. So that totals 162,500.00! WOW! That's gonna be a helluva walk on the river. What we need is more educational programs for our youth and adults.
No, the city must match 20% for the $130,000 in federal TAP funds SIC was awarded by Gov. Beshear.

We have EKU, what else do you want?
just me

United States

#12 Jul 17, 2014
why not use some of that money to repair the hollows clay co residents have to travel on everyday to get to work stay in clay shouldn' t be just for manchester while rodney the county judge and a few others are concerned about tourists coming to town there are some of us CLAY CO PEOPLE that barely can get to manchester because of our roads being in such poor condition washed out bridges, holes in the roads, that should be a pritority but we only get a load of gravel every 4 years and then we are forgot about I have sent pictures to the governor in return he sent them to joe asher nothing was done and nothing will never be done so while sic is getting all this money to make manchester beautiful there are a few of us that need a road to travel on send those tourists up my way if you really want them to see something interesting
For real

Chagrin Falls, OH

#13 Jul 18, 2014
I just hope all the tourist that are visiting Clay County and Manchester don't bring their children/grandchildren with them because they are going to be sitting in the car while the adults are looking at a swinging bridge. There isn't one thing for the children to do while the parents are traipsing around the county taking the tour. I can not understand why NONE of the officials or members of Stay in Clay are interested in fixing the pool, building a skate park or doing something for the kids in the county. I have talked to Mr. Saylor and Mr. Asher, attended city and fiscal court meetings and they just shrug their shoulders, agree with me to prevent a scene and then do nothing.
Bonnie

Williamsburg, KY

#15 Jul 18, 2014
Somebody Else wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the city must match 20% for the $130,000 in federal TAP funds SIC was awarded by Gov. Beshear.
We have EKU, what else do you want?
(TAP enables the local government to recoup as much as 80 percent of the cost of a project. The city of Manchester will put $32,500 of its local funding toward the cost of the River Walk project.) Copied from news link above. So what's the total awarded for the river walk?
Somebody Else

Flat Lick, KY

#16 Jul 18, 2014
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>(TAP enables the local government to recoup as much as 80 percent of the cost of a project. The city of Manchester will put $32,500 of its local funding toward the cost of the River Walk project.) Copied from news link above. So what's the total awarded for the river walk?
$130,000 awarded by the Obama administration.
Somebody Else

Flat Lick, KY

#17 Jul 18, 2014
just me wrote:
why not use some of that money to repair the hollows clay co residents have to travel on everyday to get to work stay in clay shouldn' t be just for manchester while rodney the county judge and a few others are concerned about tourists coming to town there are some of us CLAY CO PEOPLE that barely can get to manchester because of our roads being in such poor condition washed out bridges, holes in the roads, that should be a pritority but we only get a load of gravel every 4 years and then we are forgot about I have sent pictures to the governor in return he sent them to joe asher nothing was done and nothing will never be done so while sic is getting all this money to make manchester beautiful there are a few of us that need a road to travel on send those tourists up my way if you really want them to see something interesting
We can't put a 4-lane highway up every holler with a wagon trail and three trailers in it.

Move to Manchester.
Somebody Else

Flat Lick, KY

#18 Jul 18, 2014
just me wrote:
why not use some of that money to repair the hollows clay co residents have to travel on everyday to get to work stay in clay shouldn' t be just for manchester while rodney the county judge and a few others are concerned about tourists coming to town there are some of us CLAY CO PEOPLE that barely can get to manchester because of our roads being in such poor condition washed out bridges, holes in the roads, that should be a pritority but we only get a load of gravel every 4 years and then we are forgot about I have sent pictures to the governor in return he sent them to joe asher nothing was done and nothing will never be done so while sic is getting all this money to make manchester beautiful there are a few of us that need a road to travel on send those tourists up my way if you really want them to see something interesting
TAP funding is only used for transportation alternatives like walking trails and bicycling paths, the exact opposite of what you are asking.
heyhey

Flat Lick, KY

#19 Jul 18, 2014
Haters gona hate especially when someone starts doing what everyone said couldn't be done. I say move out the haters.... Some big things happening in old Clay right now just give it some time.....

I love my hometown and if I'm happy living here, I have a good life and way more than I deserve but I've worked for it and always tried to do the right thing.
Ricky Whitetrash

Manchester, KY

#20 Jul 21, 2014
I am a white trash big mouth idiot who shows my stupidity on a regular basis, especially on topix. My wife is trash, I get welfare for all my 5 kids and my son has about a snowball chance in Hades of getting elected judge. Hello, Joe!
Chop Bottom USA

London, KY

#21 Jul 21, 2014
It must be nice living in that fantasy world Margy. Ricky and Wes are pulling people together. You, your ugly cheatin' husband and fat joe better get off your lazy butts and do some real work or Wes Whitehead is going to be the next CJE without a doubt. He will carry the young vote no contest. He adds his family and friend vote along with the 4500 people who voted against joe in may and he is going to win by a landslide. Joe has made a lot of enemies with his lies and favoritism. If you know him personally, then you know how worried he is about them whiteheads right now. His whole bunch is gettin' frantic. People forget the simple facts of an election. 8 people ran for the republican seat in may. Joe got 2400 votes. 4500 other people voted for somebody else. Joe carried his friends, family, and employees. That is all he will get again in November, if he can get that. In a county where only 1200 people out of 15,000 are registered democrat, I would put my money on Jackie Jones only pickin up a few hundred votes. Joe will get around 2,000 and Wes Whitehead will pick up at least 4,000 and end up looking like one of the smartest people in Clay County. I know him personally he is smart and a little crazy, but he's got good ideas and I believe he can get the job done. He is the first chance I have seen for a good positive change in my entire life, living in Clay County. Go Whitehead!!@#$
Chop Bottom USA

London, KY

#22 Jul 21, 2014
Somebody Else wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the city must match 20% for the $130,000 in federal TAP funds SIC was awarded by Gov. Beshear.
We have EKU, what else do you want?
Margy, when you start going to topix to see if anybody is talking about you then we all know you are getting desperate and scared. Steve Beshear did not award Stay in Clay one penny. That is a flat out lie made up and printed by you and your husband and I have personally written a letter to Gov. Beshear along with the picture and article you put on the front page of the Miller Enterprise. Are you gonna try and convince us next that you and Stay in Clay helped bring EKU to Manchester? Your time is up and I hope you and your husband are forced to pay back every dime that you have stolen from the city and the county and I hope after this election season that you, most of Stay in Clay, joe asher, and a couple of his magistrates end up being the next "Clay 8." Everybody around here knows the same crooks are still running this place and they are just using new players. They will let you all go down too. Clay County is going to change and get better. Nothing lasts forever and your bunch has already lasted longer than you should have. People around here are not gonna keep their mouths shut anymore. You are a big woman, but you are not big enough to scare anybody.
Shib Branch City Limits

Flat Lick, KY

#23 Jul 21, 2014
Chop Bottom USA wrote:
It must be nice living in that fantasy world Margy. Ricky and Wes are pulling people together. You, your ugly cheatin' husband and fat joe better get off your lazy butts and do some real work or Wes Whitehead is going to be the next CJE without a doubt. He will carry the young vote no contest. He adds his family and friend vote along with the 4500 people who voted against joe in may and he is going to win by a landslide. Joe has made a lot of enemies with his lies and favoritism. If you know him personally, then you know how worried he is about them whiteheads right now. His whole bunch is gettin' frantic. People forget the simple facts of an election. 8 people ran for the republican seat in may. Joe got 2400 votes. 4500 other people voted for somebody else. Joe carried his friends, family, and employees. That is all he will get again in November, if he can get that. In a county where only 1200 people out of 15,000 are registered democrat, I would put my money on Jackie Jones only pickin up a few hundred votes. Joe will get around 2,000 and Wes Whitehead will pick up at least 4,000 and end up looking like one of the smartest people in Clay County. I know him personally he is smart and a little crazy, but he's got good ideas and I believe he can get the job done. He is the first chance I have seen for a good positive change in my entire life, living in Clay County. Go Whitehead!!@#$
Your arithmetic is way off.

Mark JACKSON 10.25% 603
Steve MOBLEY 13.96% 821
Joe L. ASHER 38.89% 2,288
Clay Russell WHITE 1.90% 112
Tommy HARMON 26.40% 1,553
Kevin JACKSON 8.60% 506

Total 5,883

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preacher and his family vacation 38 min Pewsitter 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min Betty 165,726
GEORGE DEZARN aka AXL ROSE UNDER ARREST 1 hr Peggy Napier 4
Lola Miracle (Jul '16) 2 hr Lola 2
Murderer Loose in Manchester??? 4 hr Iseenem 15
Mandy Sizemore is a who......... 10 hr Ahagsgs 1
Maria Medrano 10 hr Ahagsgs 2

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages