Survey

Frankfort, KY

#1 Jul 17, 2013
do you need to be certified?

some people say they can survey but say they don't know why the attorney put fee simple in the deed. Said they didn't have a clue what those words meant.
Survey

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jul 17, 2013
I know, you got to get a title search done.........guess this guy nor his attorney knew that. Small town attorneys.
Survey

Frankfort, KY

#3 Jul 17, 2013
and yes I know surveyor does survey and attorney does title search. got off on two topics. sorry.
yep

Manchester, KY

#4 Jul 18, 2013
you have to have a license to survey legally
In the Know

Somerset, KY

#5 Jul 18, 2013
You dont have to be a attorney to do title search. There are certify abstracters out there who can do the same thing for about 1/3 of a attorney. I had my title search done by Lisa Gilbert and she did a great job. It was better than the one I had a attorney did last year. She gave me copy of all the deeds and made it where I could understand it. She give me a little map of my lsnf. It wasnt a survey but it gave me a pretty good idea of what I buying and when I took her stuff to the surveyer to get it survey he knew her and said she did good work and he used what she done and that saved me some money on my survey.
Abstractor

Somerset, KY

#6 Jul 18, 2013
Survey wrote:
do you need to be certified?
some people say they can survey but say they don't know why the attorney put fee simple in the deed. Said they didn't have a clue what those words meant.
Fee Simple means complete ownership - surface and mineral
tell us more

Hyden, KY

#7 Jul 18, 2013
How can I get in touch with Lisa Gilbert, is she in the phone book?
abc

London, KY

#8 Jul 18, 2013
Abstractor wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a claim ("recourse") against the person(s) who sold you the land in the event someone comes forward with a claim against your land.
Abstractor

Somerset, KY

#9 Jul 18, 2013
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a claim ("recourse") against the person(s) who sold you the land in the event someone comes forward with a claim against your land.
Not necessarily. It depends on the type of deed you have. Is it a generally warranty deed? If so you may have some recourse. If its a special warranty or a quit claim you may just be stuck. it depends on a lot of things.
In the know

Somerset, KY

#11 Jul 18, 2013
tell us more wrote:
How can I get in touch with Lisa Gilbert, is she in the phone book?
her number is - five nine eight five five five one
5 9 8 - 5 5 5 1
Reuben J Cogburn

Williamsburg, KY

#12 Jul 18, 2013
Abstractor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Fee Simple means the owner has the highest claim to ownership for whatever real estate is owned.
abc

London, KY

#13 Jul 18, 2013
Abstractor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. It depends on the type of deed you have. Is it a generally warranty deed? If so you may have some recourse. If its a special warranty or a quit claim you may just be stuck. it depends on a lot of things.
You are correct. I had a memory lapse. Fee simple is nothing more than full ownership of the so-called "rights" that come with land. As for recourse against the seller, it's not about fee simple. It's about the type of deed (general warranty, etc.) Thanks for setting the record straight!
S Surveyor

London, KY

#16 Jul 21, 2013
it is illegal to survey without a license.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Jay 153,587
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr bloodyknuckles 5,031
new store in manchester by burger king (Apr '11) 3 hr Penny 89
Kentucky Needs Grimes 4 hr Sue 16
Does anyone know Janice Combs at Dr. Mahboob's (Dec '10) 5 hr Haha 16
Tony Patterson 8 hr lol 3
any places for rent in manchester area 8 hr joe 2
Colter drops out of mayor's race Wed Black Lung 19
•••
•••
Manchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters