Clay County Board
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Idiot

Winchester, KY

#45 Apr 24, 2013
Sports fan wrote:
Why would you not pull her up when she will probably be the 7th or 8th best player on varsity this coming year? Our program is hurting and this will only make it worse. Who does it hurt? The kids she passes up are not very good and that is because they haven't been worked with. Can you explain your statements?
If you believe that a going to be 6th grader is that good then you are an idiot! Only In Clay County can someone politic a 5th grader onto a varsity team!
Pistoff

Flat Lick, KY

#46 Apr 24, 2013
Sports fan wrote:
Why would you not pull her up when she will probably be the 7th or 8th best player on varsity this coming year? Our program is hurting and this will only make it worse. Who does it hurt? The kids she passes up are not very good and that is because they haven't been worked with. Can you explain your statements?
Fu ck you and your program.
ashame ashame

Evarts, KY

#47 Apr 24, 2013
hey RONNIE what about your other kid you have , why don't you do for it
lebron

Krypton, KY

#48 Apr 25, 2013
Sports fan wrote:
If a 5th grader is the 7th or 8th best player on the varsity either she is the next Whitney Grinder or the Lady Tigers are going to be awful next year to the point most middle school teams could beat them. Personally I thought it was a mistake and only happened because dad was one of the coaches.
wrong

Flat Lick, KY

#49 Apr 25, 2013
Kids need to play in the grade their in against kids their own age until they are a freshman. One of the most essential skills a coach needs to have is getting kids to play, if a coach can't even fill his high school team with high schoolers, he / she needs to be fired or replaced ASAP.

what if Coach Cal couldn't recruit where would UK be.

The coaches hang all their future on the skills of a handful of players they hand pick them in the 5th grade and only concern themselves with their development. Then when those kids don't pan out their screwed.
RichMan

United States

#50 Apr 25, 2013
Stan wrote:
I concur that personal responsibility is critically important and that parental support is fundamental but developing effective public policy and providing ethical and responsible leadership is essential elements as well to increasing economic development and opportunity for all of our citizens. Wasteful government programs is not the answer but education entities must provide quality learning environments that increase student success.
<quoted text>
Stan, you are wasting your time sir. It is a futile effort to try and use logic,reason and facts to make an argument for or against anything with the people in this county. The "fine,upstanding people" of Clay County sit on their collective asses and complain about all of their elected officials.Where do they think these people come from? The are born,raised and educated right in this county. Garbage in, garbage out. It isn't the politicians or their policies that suck, it's the public. Here's a campaign slogan for you; THE PUBLIC SUCKS! FUCK HOPE!
face facts

Brodhead, KY

#51 Apr 26, 2013
You know politicians come from the public so they just reflect what they are used to so it's no wonder we got crooks in office. Name one politician that would turn down more money to spend, oh they cry out loud they want to stop the waste but if you will just check them out not a single when it comes down to it would settle for minimum wage and same health and retirement regular workers have. Money makes the politician so the politician can make more money by putting themselves above ordinary people. It does not take a genius to be a politician just like so called preachers, just a big mouth, a knack, low morals and a talent to scam people. Not since j.f.k and Reagan has their been a political leader that wanted to better people and this nation.
forgot about

Evarts, KY

#52 Apr 26, 2013
ashame ashame wrote:
hey RONNIE what about your other kid you have , why don't you do for it
what about that RONNIE
Miss Kitty

Manchester, KY

#53 Apr 27, 2013
What Clay county really needs are good vocational training programs. About 40 years ago, myself and my Husband had to cross the Ohio River, to find jobs and training school's. They had these available, LPN'Barber'Beauty school, also Heat and AC, Electrician, I'm sure I am leaving some out and others been added. The students came out of High School with a means to get a job due to their training. In the meantime CC offered, welding, auto body repair and health program. Is that it ? Have I left anything out ?
Minner Bucket

Flat Lick, KY

#54 Apr 27, 2013
Miss Kitty wrote:
What Clay county really needs are good vocational training programs. About 40 years ago, myself and my Husband had to cross the Ohio River, to find jobs and training school's. They had these available, LPN'Barber'Beauty school, also Heat and AC, Electrician, I'm sure I am leaving some out and others been added. The students came out of High School with a means to get a job due to their training. In the meantime CC offered, welding, auto body repair and health program. Is that it ? Have I left anything out ?
Would you have anything against students finishing high school within the regular four year academic program and then going in to a two year trade and technical program at one of the state's career and technical education schools?
kentucky boy

Pella, IA

#55 Apr 28, 2013
time will tell about everything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min usa 165,522
Does anyone else despise Vernon Swaffard at the... 38 min Verda Ann 2
kevin jhonson 1 hr Shelia m 13
Friends from Roller Dome-where are they now? 6 hr Looking4Oldfriend 1
Who misses the roller dome? (Sep '08) 6 hr Looking4Oldfriend 27
Tc Carr 17 hr Kay H 1
Beverly Sizemore 18 hr Just a Friend 22

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance