Clay County Board
Stan

Lexington, KY

#25 Apr 17, 2013
The Board of Education faces daunting challenges over the next few years such as demographics (significant population loss) and decreased revenues (local, state, federal) that is even more complicated by the previous nepotistic hiring practices of various superintendents that have inflated payroll costs that are not sustainable.

It seems that every administration hired more and more certified and classified personnel and that has now become a fiscal and structural problem that the new board members are challenged to deal with in a manner that protects students and the community.

Leadership is critically important and I hope the new Board is capable and willing to deal with the tough issues that they were elected to resolve. Fiscal budgets and policies are important to helping more students achieve and be ready for the world of work.
CNANGE MY VOTE

Manchester, KY

#26 Apr 17, 2013
Stan wrote:
The Board of Education faces daunting challenges over the next few years such as demographics (significant population loss) and decreased revenues (local, state, federal) that is even more complicated by the previous nepotistic hiring practices of various superintendents that have inflated payroll costs that are not sustainable.
It seems that every administration hired more and more certified and classified personnel and that has now become a fiscal and structural problem that the new board members are challenged to deal with in a manner that protects students and the community.
Leadership is critically important and I hope the new Board is capable and willing to deal with the tough issues that they were elected to resolve. Fiscal budgets and policies are important to helping more students achieve and be ready for the world of work.
I agree, even the new members hasn't even help , we need too remember those people also, remember the vote change, for Denva Hoskins can't wait for federal on that!!
Seriously

Flat Lick, KY

#27 Apr 17, 2013
My God...we have some of the dumbest people on the planet posting on here! The new board members haven't even finished their 4th month and you're ready to change your votes. HILARIOUS!!!! Did you honestly think the new members could walk in and immediately repair the damage that was created over years? Get over yourselves!!! They're still having to deal with Reecia...who clearly is an idiot...I mean Jesus...the woman allowed our kids to go to school today!!! Once they oust her...and surely to God they will...maybe they can start to make some real changes. As for the V-school...for Pete's sake...before spouting out stupidity, educate yourselves. The previous board set up a plan to build a facility that costs more than we have in our budget. Y'all must've voted for Obama!!! Only uneducated fools would want to spend more money than they even have to build a facility for a bunch of kids who don't even really want to be in school, only to leave thousands of other young children to go to schools that are in desperate need of repair. Ever walked in the high school and noticed how bad the heat and air is? Before making a decision on where the schools money should be spent...perhaps you should. Try learning in a classroom that's 84 degrees. Those kids are so hot that can't think straight. <shakes head> No wonder our test scores are so bad. If our kid's minds are being infiltrated with the foolishness you people put on here...they don't have a prayer...regardless of who the superintendent or board members are.
CNANGE MY VOTE

Manchester, KY

#28 Apr 17, 2013
Dear Seriously, these high salarys we have put in recently is stupid , so cut back on them and the board members get what they want too shut them up same game different names, you have secretary salarys are more than some teachers are makin , bus drivers, aids, cooks are treeded like garbage , i wish the would strike, you have people moved too the board with make up jobs with big salarys and thats why our tests score sucks CAUSE that can't teach!!!!!
concerned

Flat Lick, KY

#29 Apr 17, 2013
CNANGE MY VOTE wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, even the new members hasn't even help , we need too remember those people also, remember the vote change, for Denva Hoskins can't wait for federal on that!!
Are you saying an employee at the school board changed votes? What votes?
Wow

Flat Lick, KY

#30 Apr 17, 2013
The board member you mentioned doesn't run the newspaper. James Nolan runs the newspaper, while Mark does sports you dumbass. Won't you give these board members a chance to fix these problems. As earlier mentioned, they can't get anything done while that damn Reecia Samples is in office. If you people on here know so much why are you on topix bitching about our new members? If you people knew as much as you claim you would be the board and superintendent, hell maybe president. Clay county people are all ignorant, selfish, and just classless. You people wonder why our county is viewed as terrible...WAKE UP! My god I'm wasting my time on here anyway.
Haha

Flat Lick, KY

#31 Apr 17, 2013
Seriously wrote:
My God...we have some of the dumbest people on the planet posting on here! The new board members haven't even finished their 4th month and you're ready to change your votes. HILARIOUS!!!! Did you honestly think the new members could walk in and immediately repair the damage that was created over years? Get over yourselves!!! They're still having to deal with Reecia...who clearly is an idiot...I mean Jesus...the woman allowed our kids to go to school today!!! Once they oust her...and surely to God they will...maybe they can start to make some real changes. As for the V-school...for Pete's sake...before spouting out stupidity, educate yourselves. The previous board set up a plan to build a facility that costs more than we have in our budget. Y'all must've voted for Obama!!! Only uneducated fools would want to spend more money than they even have to build a facility for a bunch of kids who don't even really want to be in school, only to leave thousands of other young children to go to schools that are in desperate need of repair. Ever walked in the high school and noticed how bad the heat and air is? Before making a decision on where the schools money should be spent...perhaps you should. Try learning in a classroom that's 84 degrees. Those kids are so hot that can't think straight. <shakes head> No wonder our test scores are so bad. If our kid's minds are being infiltrated with the foolishness you people put on here...they don't have a prayer...regardless of who the superintendent or board members are.
We didn't have air conditioning back when I went to school. Must be why I don't know anything.
CNANGE MY VOTE

Manchester, KY

#32 Apr 17, 2013
Wow wrote:
The board member you mentioned doesn't run the newspaper. James Nolan runs the newspaper, while Mark does sports you dumbass. Won't you give these board members a chance to fix these problems. As earlier mentioned, they can't get anything done while that damn Reecia Samples is in office. If you people on here know so much why are you on topix bitching about our new members? If you people knew as much as you claim you would be the board and superintendent, hell maybe president. Clay county people are all ignorant, selfish, and just classless. You people wonder why our county is viewed as terrible...WAKE UP! My god I'm wasting my time on here anyway.
wastin everybody's time and vote that was changed was keith so Denva Hoskins could get her madeup job,it's Clay County ( the ass ) of the state !!!
FYI

London, KY

#33 Apr 18, 2013
I personally think the teachers that are in the class room should be making the high salaries. If you don't have to work in the class room you should be making the same salary that the non teacher are making. We should have more advanced classes for students in grade school, we have classes and extra help for students who are having trouble learning and need extra help while the ones who could learn more is having to wait until they get to middle school to advance. I don't think they should be held back just because they don't struggle. Clay Co. could do so much more, if we would help all kids not just the ones who are struggling.
curious

Somerset, KY

#34 Apr 18, 2013
They should give the classified a raise. They work hard and deserve it. Bus drivers and aids and cooks and janitors.
newspaper

Manchester, KY

#35 Apr 18, 2013
the news has reported a board employee Denva Hoskin was caught doin drugs while on the job
Sports kid

Middlesboro, KY

#36 Apr 19, 2013
Heard they were going to make a lot of rules for sports
Cheerio Parent

Manchester, KY

#37 Apr 23, 2013
I wi$h everyone would $top picking on Steph and Ronnie. I want to win a national champion$hip, To he$$ with everyone el$e. Those two are the be$t coache$ in the county.
Thank you

Mount Vernon, KY

#38 Apr 23, 2013
I suggest the new Board of Education give Reecia and very generous raise for next year.
Seriously

Flat Lick, KY

#39 Apr 24, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't have air conditioning back when I went to school. Must be why I don't know anything.
No, but we had windows. The new high school was built without windows....great idea when you don't include a heat and air system worth a crap!
Sports fan

Winchester, KY

#40 Apr 24, 2013
I heard that changes in sports are for sure ! BIG MISTAKE! I also don't know how Ronnie pissed off some big Whigs but heard that he was close to being reassigned to try and get rid of him! I just can't figure out the reasons for all of this... It doesn't save money in the long run. Is it all just politics?
wrong

Flat Lick, KY

#41 Apr 24, 2013
It's about protecting children from psychopath coaches with ego's the size of buses, who do not give a rats rectum about our children, they have a win at all coat mentality. If our coaches had any sense and cared about these kids and the mental and physical damage their doing to them then the bosrd wouldn't have to step in.

If you think a 5th grader needs to be on the bench of a high school varsity team your smoking crack or mentally handicapped. JUST SAYING
JSYK

Flat Lick, KY

#42 Apr 24, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but we had windows. The new high school was built without windows....great idea when you don't include a heat and air system worth a crap!
There are windows in the classrooms and hallways along the outer walls. One of the two main air conditioning units was replaced a couple of years ago. Really most of these problems only began after Mike White became principal.
pawnstar

Flat Lick, KY

#43 Apr 24, 2013
Sports fan wrote:
I heard that changes in sports are for sure ! BIG MISTAKE! I also don't know how Ronnie pissed off some big Whigs but heard that he was close to being reassigned to try and get rid of him! I just can't figure out the reasons for all of this... It doesn't save money in the long run. Is it all just politics?
Ronnie who?
Sports fan

Winchester, KY

#44 Apr 24, 2013
Why would you not pull her up when she will probably be the 7th or 8th best player on varsity this coming year? Our program is hurting and this will only make it worse. Who does it hurt? The kids she passes up are not very good and that is because they haven't been worked with. Can you explain your statements?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 149,007
phillips diversvied ' hard to say goodbye to you . (May '14) 20 min No gonna happen 32
Lynn and Cloyd burkhart aka toe 1 hr lynn 3
Taco Bell in Manchester is a joke 20 hr Ole Goat 7
where is shawn gibson now days Thu bg Eyes 7
what about them collins (Apr '09) Wed Guest 104
The Makery Wed Kim 10

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages