Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

What happen too investigation on the high salarys, i guess the new members must got what they wanted, same old shit different names
Cry wolf

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Rome wasn't built in a day. They've been in a whopping four months. Give them a chance.
factfinder

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

They discovered that most of the high salaries belonged to the people who got them elected, dpn't bite the hand that feeds you.

More disturbing is the fact that they are nixing the new V school because it wasn't their plan. This is devastating news for kids who either don't want to go on to college or can't afford it who would benefit greatly from being able to learn a trade while being able to stay right there at the school instead of being bussed away for half the day. Also I don't want to hear the crap about not having the money, if these guys aren't smart or brave enough to make bold moves we elected the wrong people.

NOTE - We'll never ever know the real story about what's going on now at the board because one of the board members runs the newspaper.

I had such high expectation for this group....same old same old ego's abound.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

I am also disappointed to learn that the Board may not develop a new ATC at the current high school campus. If funds are available I think it is an excellent idea because more students will be in attendance at the school due to the new drop out law that will keep kids in school until age 18.

We need to make sure that funds are utilized to promote quality academic and technical programs that help students to meet college and career readiness standards as set forth in Senate Bill One.

We need to make sure that the Board continues to provide and increase dual enrollment programs with EKU and SCC so that more students can earn college credits will in high school.

I continue to ask civic minded community members to engage officials in conversations, ask questions, inquire about important issues, and to continue to hold each and every elected official accountable from board member, city council, magistrate, etc.

Elections matter, elections have consequences, your vote does count, you have begun to make a difference and together we can do better!!
Cry wolf

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Has anybody been to an elementary school in this county like Big Creek, Oneida or Manchester? They've each got major problems like roof leaks, leaky windows, heat and air to just name a few.
Why not fix that stuff before building a v-school for 100 kids at nearly $10 million dollars? Makes no sense to me!
I say lets help ALL the kids instead of just a select few.
parent

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

instead of these's high salarys, how come the janitors and the cooks and bus drivers and aids needs rises more than fake broad jobs that these sucks are getting, i think the janitors,aids,cooks, and bus drivers needs too stike.
Dorry

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Isn't manchester Elementary slated to renovation next year? Why would we spend one penny fixing it up.

You'd better find something to entertain/motivate/educate this bunch of thugs that would normally drop out of school or you'lll be spending 10 million on security guards.

I've heard this 100 students crap spewing from board members for two months...Did they ever stop to think that if you had the Vocational School at the high school that number may grow to 400. The reason Kids don't go to the V school is because they don't get to participate in other classes and school activities while their miles away at the V school.

Board members were elected to make sure EVERY kid got an education, it's easy to provide for the privileged kids who don't need an ounce of help. Plase don't turn your back on the kids who would greatly benefit from the V school.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Technical education is well known to help students to stay interested in school, to learn real world job skills, and to be able to learn a vocation that can improve their economic potential.

We need to make sure that all students have access to academic and technical education programs. Every student is important! P-12, academic and technical, workforce bound or college bound.
BOSS HOSS DENVA HOSKINS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

we need a strike in our school system for BUS DRIVERS, AIDS,COOKS,JANITORS
BIG ASS DENVA HOSKINS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

elect me and screw up the whole system
funny

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

This stan has to be a wan-a-be politician, spouts out crap just like a politician. No technical school, job training or long winded words will make anyone work, its bred in them either be a productive person or a moochier. I get so tickled at stans post always, making out like oh I am so smart I got answer to all the problem, when just a little common sense is all that is needed. If they want to upgrade the current v.c school that's fine, why waste millions of dollars ,build a new one that in the end serves no purpose except a waste of money. Many kids have went to the current v.c school, what has it got them, the ones that work would have worked even if that school had not been there. From what schools teach kids now days they be better off going to a minonite school there they would learn to work.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

If you would like I can use smaller words with more simple vocabulary for persons who are small minded or intellecutally challenged, just let me know.

My intent is to facilitate a reasonable, coherent, and productive public discourse that is engaging and encourges others to consider and/or propose potential solutions to our complex community issues.
funny wrote:
This stan has to be a wan-a-be politician, spouts out crap just like a politician. No technical school, job training or long winded words will make anyone work, its bred in them either be a productive person or a moochier. I get so tickled at stans post always, making out like oh I am so smart I got answer to all the problem, when just a little common sense is all that is needed. If they want to upgrade the current v.c school that's fine, why waste millions of dollars ,build a new one that in the end serves no purpose except a waste of money. Many kids have went to the current v.c school, what has it got them, the ones that work would have worked even if that school had not been there. From what schools teach kids now days they be better off going to a minonite school there they would learn to work.
jeb

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Amen funny. Stans world might work in a lab or bubble.
Whut

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Stan wrote:
If you would like I can use smaller words with more simple vocabulary for persons who are small minded or intellecutally challenged, just let me know.
My intent is to facilitate a reasonable, coherent, and productive public discourse that is engaging and encourges others to consider and/or propose potential solutions to our complex community issues.
<quoted text>
intellectually
encourages
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Ok, so should I infer (which means to deduce from logic and reason) from your post that since some kids act out, since some lack respect, since some have poor parental support that we should throw in the towel (so to speak) and not work together to improve our schools and community. Inquiring minds would like to know!
funny wrote:
I take it back stan you more like so called preacher then politician, yack yack yack then end just repeating things others have said. I rather be a simple man with good common sense then a so called intellect with only book learning to live by. let me ask you stan you ever been around high school see the crap going on, see gals on gals, boys on boys, or boys and girls all lip locked like it a motel rather then school. Kids not paying any attention to teachers, and you think a new v.c school will make them a better work force, give me a break. Only thing going to improve this place is when parents start acting like parents, kids learn some self-respect an people get back something they are loosing, dignity to better themselves and not depend on others that my friend stan is just plain old common sense answer.
funny

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

All the money spent on education in America they could hire a private teacher for every student. It's not more money spent, it's for parents to start of with teaching kids respect, teachers with skills to actually motivate children to want to learn and last its young adults that want to better themselves and not be a low class person only interest in either sex,drugs or freebies offered at the expense of others. To this stan no amount of education, training or money spent will motivate a single person, its self motivation that drives people not fancy buildings, elegant words or promises based on hopes.
Raise

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

BOSS HOSS DENVA HOSKINS wrote:
They don't think you all worth what you get now let along a raise. If they did they would help the ones who work the hardest in the schools, the ones you mentioned here in your post.
Stan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

I concur that personal responsibility is critically important and that parental support is fundamental but developing effective public policy and providing ethical and responsible leadership is essential elements as well to increasing economic development and opportunity for all of our citizens. Wasteful government programs is not the answer but education entities must provide quality learning environments that increase student success.
funny wrote:
All the money spent on education in America they could hire a private teacher for every student. It's not more money spent, it's for parents to start of with teaching kids respect, teachers with skills to actually motivate children to want to learn and last its young adults that want to better themselves and not be a low class person only interest in either sex,drugs or freebies offered at the expense of others. To this stan no amount of education, training or money spent will motivate a single person, its self motivation that drives people not fancy buildings, elegant words or promises based on hopes.
want happen

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

BOSS HOSS DENVA HOSKINS wrote:
This kind of work is nothing to people in higher places these kind of jobs are looked down on. Sorry but its the truth.
principal

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

want happen wrote:
<quoted text> This kind of work is nothing to people in higher places these kind of jobs are looked down on. Sorry but its the truth.
it's funny denva hokins job was for a vote change , that what we look down out, made up job for a sorry a$$ teacher that couldn't teach, but i guess you need too show up for work at more than once a wk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Rocky 1,200
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Nutz 151,069
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min The_Box 130,465
Stephen Woods 2 hr Kim 30
Stupid Clay County people 3 hr Skewl for the Idiots 1
You’re Screwed Now 3 hr RuttRowRaggy 1
Melanda Adams 4 hr wondering 9
2 hunters shot in clay county 7 hr Big Doug 345
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000