gal

Manchester, KY

#1 Dec 18, 2012
Someone needs to start a church like that here in Manchester, I went this weekend and they put on such a great show, one just like you'd see in a big city. I saw lots of Clay Co. folks over there.
jr beebee

Somerset, KY

#2 Dec 18, 2012
gal wrote:
Someone needs to start a church like that here in Manchester, I went this weekend and they put on such a great show, one just like you'd see in a big city. I saw lots of Clay Co. folks over there.
They saw you 2
h

Sheridan, AR

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Church isn't supposed to be about a "big show"
Trish

London, KY

#5 Dec 20, 2012
we need some more non-christian churches. Its hard being hindu in Clay. you all need to ke up and see the truth and thank Krishna for giving his life to save us all. we shall see who goes to paridies in the end.
Explain

London, KY

#6 Dec 20, 2012
gal wrote:
What kind of show? What do you mean, like a Christmas program???
coalminer

Somerset, KY

#7 Dec 20, 2012
So explain you think God just comes to big churches that put on big shows. i feel sorry for anyone who thinks God has to have a big fancy church with so called preachers that beg for money, promise you healings, financial gains (Or as they love to call it plant a seed) If you give them money. I weep at how so many follow men and not the word of God. Trying reading Gods word for yourself and you will be more excited then any fancy so called church will ever make you. You must watch those so called preachers you talk about in big cities on tv, let me ask you how many of them don't ask for money, how many take the bible word for word and teach there congregations. Has anyone of those tv beggars told you To receive a healing you must anoint with oil and if you don't beleive they no preacher can do anyting for you no matter how much money you send them. Its a shame what so many churches have become, a place were beggars beg for money, put on side shows, promise things that not in gods word. If you get angry, upset or whatever else , let me say pick up that bible everyday, ask the father for guidances, and just tell him you love him for in the end thats all he wants you to read for yourself and give him your love.
willie

Lily, KY

#8 Dec 20, 2012
i love you coal miner.
Mike

Annville, KY

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Explain wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of show? What do you mean, like a Christmas program???
Yes, it was a Christmas program called "Nothing But Christmas." It was absolutely wonderful. FYI coal miner, they didn't take up an offering, not one penny. In fact, they had desserts, warm coffee and Apple cider. Check the church out online if you are leary of it. WWW.hawkcreekchurch.com . You can listen to some of the messages. Everything is taught straight from the bible. Their message is to Love God, Love People and to lead others to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It is the first church I have ever been to that loves you no matter what you have done in your life. Come check it out.
who

Williamsburg, KY

#10 Dec 21, 2012
you cannot get a Church nice enough for
God..but, It dont have to be fancy..we cannot out give God...but i agree, I cant stand that begging for money,most churches is about is numbers and money...ive heard alot of good about Hawk Creek...
Yep

Williamsburg, KY

#11 Dec 21, 2012
A bunch of big-show pennycostals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 136,709
who died at railroad ave today in east manchester 2 hr nosie rosie 1
who wrecked 4 lane 5 hr Dangrus 7
Poll What's Clay County's Biggest Problem ? (Jun '12) 14 hr Johnathan D Masters 46
white power 16 hr Randy Collins 1
unite worker 16 hr Richard Hubbard 1
Pop 23 hr mike tyson 10
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]