Spalding Co. Teen Arrested in Shootin...

Spalding Co. Teen Arrested in Shooting Death of Another Teen

There are 42 comments on the MyFOX Atlanta story from Nov 23, 2008, titled Spalding Co. Teen Arrested in Shooting Death of Another Teen. In it, MyFOX Atlanta reports that:

Investigators said Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008 that 19-year-old Cody Allen Ward was shot late Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFOX Atlanta.

peachy

Paradise, TX

#22 Oct 27, 2009
Can y'all spell in Georgia?
FUZZ

Griffin, GA

#23 Nov 2, 2009
Cody Allen ward was my best friend we turned are group of friends into a family and we loved each other like brothers now i don't know the true story of what happened that night but everybody who helped kill my brother will get whats coming to them
The right side

Mcdonough, GA

#24 Nov 15, 2009
Ok. for those of you wanting to know why or how Andrew and Brittany "got off scott free".
They didn't.
To get off "scott free" you must be guilty of a crime, and not be punished for said crime.
Well in this case, I can assure you that the only one guilty of a crime was in fact Joe.
Andrew cooperated with the investigation in every way he could, and Brittany cooperated the best she could, being as she was not an eye witness to the incident.
Yes maybe Joe was afraid theat Cody was going to try to fight him, but that in itself is not legal justification for the use of deadly force.
So please understand that just because Andrew was there, does not make him a party to a crime.
My next investigation????
What the hell are our schools teaching now days, if it's not proper grammer?
GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!
Kerri

AOL

#25 Dec 20, 2009
Egads! I'm so glad my kids don't go to school in Georgia. The grammar, spelling, and punctuation on this thread are atrocious.
Ben Louchios

Kansas City, MO

#26 Jan 13, 2010
peachy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if you guys are still reading this, he was convicted of voluntary manslaughter, not murder. Get your facts right before you go posting. He has 35 years in prison. broken down by 3 charges. Again, don't post if you're stupid.
you seem kind of like a bitch
Tyler Roberts

Ellenwood, GA

#27 Jan 15, 2010
For thos of you who dont no who i am i was codys first cuz i miss cody everyday and it will prob be the hardest thing i ever forgive some one for but this site is for piece not argueing and im telling every one to chill right now because are family has already been threw enough thank... cody i will always love you and miss you verry much and i would give anything if i could have been their instead of you i love you buddy and always will
Tyler Roberts

Ellenwood, GA

#28 Jan 15, 2010
Kerri wrote:
Egads! I'm so glad my kids don't go to school in Georgia. The grammar, spelling, and punctuation on this thread are atrocious.
hey do me a favior stay the heck off this site if your going to be that way THANKS
demezz bradley

Douglasville, GA

#29 Apr 7, 2010
i knew cody every since middle school and weve been friends since then but we lost touch the last time i seen him was a couple of dayz be4 his accident at the dairy queen we shook hands and talked a little while and then he left when i heard of his accident it kind put me in shock it was a very messed up thing what happin but at least hes in a better place
unknown

Morrow, GA

#30 Jun 25, 2010
Beth wrote:
yes-joe was convicted of murder, not malice murder, and was sentenced to thirty-one years in prison. after those thirty-one years, he will be eligible for parole. if he doesn't make parole, he stays in prison for another four years, extending his sentence to thirty-five years.
Joe was not convicted of murder he got voulintary manslauter!!!! Totally different. Cody was my cousin and we miss him very much Joe MURDERED him. That is what he should have been convicted of!!!
brandon

Griffin, GA

#31 Aug 16, 2010
Kerri wrote:
Does anyone know the outcome of the trial for Cody's murderer? We moved and haven't heard anything recently.
the outcome of it if you dont know already is 35 to the door with no parole, felony murder, poss of a firearm during the comm of a fel.
AYE

Griffin, GA

#32 Aug 31, 2011
I know that what Joe did was wrong but I can't help but to feel sorry for him. He was a really good friend of mine and even though he did what he did, i still really care about Joe. He really is a good person at heart. I know he is.
Kryssie

Hinesville, GA

#33 Nov 21, 2011
I am Joe's oldest sister. I have never met Cody, that I know of. To the family and friends of Cody, I am so sorry for your loss. What my brother did to your family is atrocious. I can never condone this behavior. No amount of apologies from me or him will ever be enough, but that will never stop me from apologizing for my blood slaying your blood.
I was in Iraq when this happened and I blame myself everyday for not being home to stop him from doing what he did. When I graduated and moved out he became a completely different person. I feel like if I had stayed in Griffin instead of joining the army I could have talked him out of this. I always thought he was so much smarter than he acted. I know if he had the right guidance he would never have done this. I wish I had been a better big sister to him. I never expected to call my sister from Iraq for her birthday and be told that my brother had murdered his best friend over a fight about a girl. I don't understand why he would do this. He even calls me from prison sometimes and it hurts me to talk to him because I hate what he did. And he even had the nerve to compare me being in the army and going to Iraq to him taking the innocent life of his friend. Every time I talk to him he places the blame on everyone else and never accepts responsibility for the horrible decision he made. It sickens me to even answer the phone when he calls because I know he feels very little if any remorse for what he did. I'm sorry for going on about this the way I did, but it has been 3 years since this happened and I have never apologized to the family or even expressed how I feel about the situation. Just know that I am very sorry for your loss and I do not condone the theft of your loved one's life. I know Little Joe is my baby brother, but I can't forgive this. It hurts me to claim him after this crime. How dare he try to get out of the charges by claiming self defense! RIP Cody Alan Ward. I never knew you, but your presence is missed.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34 May 15, 2012
why does this sound familar....
Sherry Ward Nutter

Griffin, GA

#35 May 22, 2012
Kryssie wrote:
I am Joe's oldest sister. I have never met Cody, that I know of. To the family and friends of Cody, I am so sorry for your loss. What my brother did to your family is atrocious. I can never condone this behavior. No amount of apologies from me or him will ever be enough, but that will never stop me from apologizing for my blood slaying your blood.
I was in Iraq when this happened and I blame myself everyday for not being home to stop him from doing what he did. When I graduated and moved out he became a completely different person. I feel like if I had stayed in Griffin instead of joining the army I could have talked him out of this. I always thought he was so much smarter than he acted. I know if he had the right guidance he would never have done this. I wish I had been a better big sister to him. I never expected to call my sister from Iraq for her birthday and be told that my brother had murdered his best friend over a fight about a girl. I don't understand why he would do this. He even calls me from prison sometimes and it hurts me to talk to him because I hate what he did. And he even had the nerve to compare me being in the army and going to Iraq to him taking the innocent life of his friend. Every time I talk to him he places the blame on everyone else and never accepts responsibility for the horrible decision he made. It sickens me to even answer the phone when he calls because I know he feels very little if any remorse for what he did. I'm sorry for going on about this the way I did, but it has been 3 years since this happened and I have never apologized to the family or even expressed how I feel about the situation. Just know that I am very sorry for your loss and I do not condone the theft of your loved one's life. I know Little Joe is my baby brother, but I can't forgive this. It hurts me to claim him after this crime. How dare he try to get out of the charges by claiming self defense! RIP Cody Alan Ward. I never knew you, but your presence is missed.
I am Cody's mom. Thank you for your apology. I do not blame you or April in any way for Joe's actions. I am just sorry that you had and April had to grow up in that crazy home. Cody is missed so much but I know we will see him again.
Kryssie

Seoul, Korea

#36 May 23, 2012
obamasupportergg wrote:
why does this sound familar....
Why does what sound familiar? Please enlighten us all.
Teechure

Fitzgerald, GA

#37 Nov 28, 2012
Let me assure you that we have some excellent teachers in Georgia, as well as some less than excellent ones. We have many wonderful students. We also have some students who make absolutely no effort to improve themselves. I say all that to say this: No one can make chicken salad out of chicken $hit! And with almost no support from most parents, teachers have a wretchedly difficult job. Please don't bring your children to Georgia. Home school the little darlings and save us all some grief.
erica

Newnan, GA

#39 Jul 24, 2014
ok I just looked at Joes thing on Georgia department of corrections and he only got 20 years for voluntary murder and 5 yours for possession of a knife during a crime his max out date is 2034 and he could get out any time before then it just depends on the parole board and what they thing he has to do at least 5 years to go up in front of the board and if the think he is safe to be out they will let him out I talked to the parole board my self and asked to be sure so yeah that's the facts right there
Disturbed1

Opelika, AL

#40 Apr 12, 2015
Cody was my cousin. I was at the funeral.
Anonymous

Covington, GA

#41 May 28, 2015
Little joe was in the same correctional prison institution as myself for over 2 years, we talked alot. It's sad to see how many life's were affected by this unfortunate incident. I hope all suffering from it may find some type of peace.
Kat

United States

#42 Nov 16, 2015
I remember my parents were going through a divorce, Cody always let me come over to get away from the madness going on at my house. I've known Cody since the 7th grade, I was part of the "crew" we had back in the day. Memories run through my head and I can do nothing but giggle. I miss his outgoing personality and his silly laugh. He had a beautiful smile that was contagious and admiring. He had a soft side, he helped everyone around him before himself. And if you are in tears, be ready for open arms and a shoulder to cry on. He was your ride or die and your right hand man. Fail or fly.. He's there no matter what. I feel like he's my guardian angel. I never like to say he's gone because I always feel like he's here still with us. Thank you for being there through my darkest times.. 7 years and you are still forever missed but never ever forgotten by the ones who truly love you &I miss you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child Abuser Diane Solis Mar '17 Daisy20 1
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) Feb '17 bts 60
Peach State Swings - Does it exist? (Aug '16) Jan '17 Johnny 5
Dr. Charles Edwin Irwin, Chief Surgeon at Warm ... (Aug '07) Dec '16 GRGanjei 6
Secret gay Springfield Ohio meet up Nov '16 Mort699 1
Meet ups in Ohio Nov '16 Djdn 1
Gay/tranny meetup Ohio Nov '16 Youngg 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance