Richmond Circuit Court Judges Appoint...

Richmond Circuit Court Judges Appoint State's First Openly Gay Judge

There are 23 comments on the WRVA-AM Richmond story from Jun 14, 2012, titled Richmond Circuit Court Judges Appoint State's First Openly Gay Judge. In it, WRVA-AM Richmond reports that:

Richmond, VA _ One month after legislators blocked his appointment, Richmond Circuit Court judges have appointed Richmond's openly gay cief deputy commonwealth's attorney Tracy Thorne-Begland to a Richmond General District Court judgeship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRVA-AM Richmond.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#21 Jun 18, 2012
Who Cares wrote:
I,(state your name), having been appointed a (rank) in the United States (branch of service), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God.
I posted the oath that you keep referencing. I am having a hard time with, as you said my third grade education, finding where he committed a crime. It does not reference anything about the regulations of the UCMJ. It does not reference anything about being or not being a homosexual. So, once again, how did he commit perjury? Can you please point it out in the above oath?
"that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;"

So you don't think he was "evading" the minor point that he was gay, when gays were not allowed to serve in the military at that time?

Once again, your comprehension is lacking.

I truly care less if he is gay. They openly serve in the military now. I do care that he lied and violated the UCMJ.

He also refused to defend his action when challenged about it by the legislature.

It is about honor and ethics. He is lacking both.

Go back to 3rd grade sport. You definitely need help with definitions and comprehension deficiencies.
Who Cares

United States

#22 Jun 18, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
"that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;"
So you don't think he was "evading" the minor point that he was gay, when gays were not allowed to serve in the military at that time?
Once again, your comprehension is lacking.
I truly care less if he is gay. They openly serve in the military now. I do care that he lied and violated the UCMJ.
He also refused to defend his action when challenged about it by the legislature.
It is about honor and ethics. He is lacking both.
Go back to 3rd grade sport. You definitely need help with definitions and comprehension deficiencies.
Seriously, you are truly an idiot! I am arguing the points of being of being a felon and perjury as you have stated. This is the best argument you can come up with? I guess there is no lifeguard on duty at your gene pool. The would be no need for it as shallow as is is. The violation would be conduct unbecoming an officer at best. Please get an educated person to help you with this.
Who Cares

United States

#23 Jun 18, 2012
So, once again, where is the perjury? What judicial setting did it occur in reference to UCMJ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manassas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bad wolf public house Mar 30 customer 1
News Principal of Osbourn High in Manassas Park plac... Mar 28 Sarah 1
Atlantic Research Corporation (May '14) Mar '17 Guest 4
bj Mar '17 Robbie 3
Feel moving easy or messy and stress? Mar '17 Nathan White 1
News 9 Arrested In Connection With Gang Activity In ... (Mar '08) Feb '17 Pancho villa 51
Stonewall middle school (May '15) Jan '17 Blazey 2

Manassas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manassas Mortgages