First Prev
of 7
Next Last
hate boe

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Oct 12, 2011
I just have to say that I'm tired of bratty kids around here picking on other kids because they think they're badasses. Its a shame the BOE is not doing more for the problem they have with bullying around here. That boy on that bus could have been killed and they were just laughing. The bus driver didn't even stop the bus. If he had done that to my son I probably would have beat him myself. Did anyone else see this?
Ridiculous

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 12, 2011
Wilma Zigmond is a damn disgrace to Logan County. The kid that done this as well as his parents need took out back and beat to death and left for dead. Everyone that laughed and didn't try to help the kids need beat with a horse whip and let the public laugh at them. Pussies is what everyone on that school bus was. Seems to be a problem up man with this and the locker room incident and the board turns a blind eye. They ought to sue their ass off because Leslie Tyree would get picked apart by a real lawyer.
wonder woman

Princeton, WV

#3 Oct 12, 2011
hate boe wrote:
I just have to say that I'm tired of bratty kids around here picking on other kids because they think they're badasses. Its a shame the BOE is not doing more for the problem they have with bullying around here. That boy on that bus could have been killed and they were just laughing. The bus driver didn't even stop the bus. If he had done that to my son I probably would have beat him myself. Did anyone else see this?
yes I did made me sick if it were my kid that had been beaten I would find out where they live and kick his parants ass's for raising a bully.like that.and yes I know sometimes the parants can't help it. But in my experience with people like this.bullying usualy starts at home. And usually these kids that do this usually come from bad home lives.and don't get me started on thepoor excuse of a bus driver.
C-ville Girl

Logan, WV

#4 Oct 12, 2011
I just read the article and saw the video on wsaz.com . I can not believe this! Wilma's statement was that the situation had been "dealt with". I am livid and heartbroken for this child! Wake up people. What if this was your child on that video getting held down and hit by another kid while other kids laughed at him. I want to go hold that sorry excuse for a bus driver down and punch the shit out of him or her, then go do the same to the kids parents and Wilma Zigmond. That bully should never be aloud back on that bus! Let his mommy and daddy go pick him up from school. What does it take before the school system steps in to protect kids from bullies? A death? I dont know these kids or their families but let me say this. If the parents of this bullied child wants to protest the actions of the board at the boards office or the actions of the bus driver, send out the word! I'll be there and I am sure a lot of other parents will too! I am so sorry this happened to your baby boy. It shouldn't happen to any child.
outraged

Paintsville, KY

#5 Oct 12, 2011
Yes! That boy could have been killed! The BOE is only a small part of the problem. Try asking the juvenile prosecutor to handle school bullying, HA! The BOE sends parents to the Logan County juvenile prosecutor...Sabrina something...who only turns her back on the situation saying "they're too young" while admitting she chooses what cases go before the judge and what doesn't. She says bullying situations get thrown out because the kids involved are too young. Apparently we just have to wait until the bullies turn 18 or kill someone before we can put a stop to their outrageous behaviors. As parents, we need to speak out, find answers, and DEMAND CHANGE from the schools and justice department. School bullying is absolutely unacceptable! Let's protect our children, not the bullies!
wonder woman

Princeton, WV

#6 Oct 12, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
Wilma Zigmond is a damn disgrace to Logan County. The kid that done this as well as his parents need took out back and beat to death and left for dead. Everyone that laughed and didn't try to help the kids need beat with a horse whip and let the public laugh at them. Pussies is what everyone on that school bus was. Seems to be a problem up man with this and the locker room incident and the board turns a blind eye. They ought to sue their ass off because Leslie Tyree would get picked apart by a real lawyer.
I'm not from logan.I am from wayne co. But it's the same here.but what happened in the locker room incident.?.
wonder woman

Princeton, WV

#7 Oct 12, 2011
Does any one know this kid or his parants?.
Officerswife

United States

#8 Oct 12, 2011
I'm very disgusted with this and the boards office. Where I live they have schools for kids like this and they straighten those kids out and it's still part of the school system just a school 4 unbehaved kids and it's a reward to get back in the reg schools. Something needs done! That poor little boy :(
parent

Logan, WV

#9 Oct 12, 2011
I thought the bus driver was suppose 2 at least STOP the bus. It appears 2 me that she/he didn't even attempt to stop it!?? wtf?? The idiot kids laughing while this other kid is getting beat, need their asses beat the same way. I seen one hand go out to try stop the boy from choking him 2 death, u can even see that child's whole head turn red in that foggy video!?? What kind of kids r we raising to have them b doing this?? A fight is a fight, but that was straight up bs. I agree w/the 1 who said the bully should not b allowed back on the bus, let the dumb ass parents who raised this heathen take it to & from school. If these parents r smart, they will retain a lawyer & own everthing the parents of this idiot has, everything the bus driver has & everything the BOE has!! If they were real parents, they would take their kid/bully up 2 this child's house & let the child beat the crap outta him & dare him 2 touch the child he beat to begin with. When will this nonsense stop? Get Wilma off of that board & see what Logan County really has 2 offer, other than an old biotch who don't care about these kids in man any-way!!
wondering

Logan, WV

#10 Oct 12, 2011
my opinion the bus driver needs to be held responsible for this awful situtation. My son came homstudent was making fun of him and complaining that and older student had been teasin him and they sure dont wanna know my solution to the problem. I told my son that I would go to the driver and of course nothing will be done but that would be the only warning that i will give. Sending our children to school is suppose to be ssafe and knowing that they are in good hands from the time they get on the bus and until they get back home but these situtions need to be taken control of and these kids need to be taught.
unknown5558

Logan, WV

#11 Oct 12, 2011
they should fire the bus driver and wilma zigmond both, if the bus driver can't stop the bus to help ontrol the sitation she doesn't need to be driving!

“I never saw a thing.......”

Since: Apr 11

U.S.A.

#12 Oct 12, 2011
I watched the video and how awful that was, why didn't any of the kids stop that. I think the bus driver should have stop it, any child on that bus and that driver should be responsible for that child they were beating up, if you didn't stop it your the same beating him.

How awful I could not image what that boy is going through,

What's the world coming to unbelievable...

LDD
rosey

Logan, WV

#13 Oct 12, 2011
I have to say I think it would hard to drive and keep an eye on all those kids at the same time. They need aides or something on the buses. The kids needs to be punished, their parents need to be dealt with and the board needs to be over hauled, they do nothing about anything. This poor child will be traumitized for the rest of his life. If he were mine somebody would have already paid for what happened to him!
student

Charleston, WV

#14 Oct 12, 2011
theres this boy in eight grade named matt that does kids awful picks on them all the time and makes them feel bad
like to see

United States

#15 Oct 12, 2011
could someone post the video from wsaz, I can't get it to come up on my pc. Thanks in advance.
buffalo creeker

Paintsville, KY

#16 Oct 12, 2011
who was the bus driver??? And who was the kid that done this????

U.S.A.

#17 Oct 12, 2011
rosey wrote:
I have to say I think it would hard to drive and keep an eye on all those kids at the same time. They need aides or something on the buses. The kids needs to be punished, their parents need to be dealt with and the board needs to be over hauled, they do nothing about anything. This poor child will be traumitized for the rest of his life. If he were mine somebody would have already paid for what happened to him!
She should have stopped the bus. Also The BOE needs over hauled like you said no one needs to be treated that way if kids like him act like that they need to have the parents ride the bus and baby sit there child.

It is awful how kids act to other kids some thing needs to be took care of, there has to be some thing done about all this

I mean that could have killed him
This has to stop and I say now and if that was my kid someone would take a a$$ whipping

That is awful

U.S.A.

#18 Oct 12, 2011
buffalo creeker wrote:
who was the bus driver??? And who was the kid that done this????
Look on wsaz web page the boys dad talked to them and there are a video took with a cell phone

U.S.A.

#19 Oct 12, 2011
Father Outraged by School Bus Beating

Posted: 5:41 PM Oct 12, 2011
Reporter: Brad Myers
6pm: School Bus Beating

LOGAN COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- It's supposed to be a safe trip from school to home, but for 11-year-old Thomas Bartley, it was anything but. Last Thursday, Bartley's father says he was beat up by another student on the school bus ride home, and it was all caught on cell phone video by another student.

"It upsets me," James Bartley says. "It makes me angry and it hurts me bad."

James Bartley is heart broken watching the video. He calls it a vicious attack by a school bully.

"I can't describe it," Bartley said. "It's beating me up hearing my kid scream for his life. I can't stand it."

In the video, Bartley says his son was repeatedly hit in the face while being choked in a headlock for over a minute. Bartley showed WSAZ.com some of the pictures of his son after the fight. His face is bruised and the blood vessels in his eyes appear to be busted.

"They were saying it was because of the artery," Bartley said. "It's where he was deprived of oxygen. It caused those to burst."

He says the pictures taken the evening of the attack are proof that this wasn't just a simple school yard fight. Now, Bartley wants answers, but says the Logan County School Board isn't helping.

"My child, when he's on that bus, it's the bus driver's responsibility," Bartley said. "And I feel like she failed my child. I feel like the school board is failing me and my child."

The incident was also caught on the school bus's security camera. We took Bartley's concerns to Wilma Zigmond, the superintendent of Logan County Schools. She says the board has reviewed the video. She did not want to talk on camera, but did release a statement: "We had an altercation between two students, and we dealt with the situation through disciplinary procedures."

But Bartley says his son has repeatedly been bullied for more than a year and a half. He says he's reported it, but the school has not put a stop to it.

"If they don't do anything about it now," Bartley said, "how long until they do it to him again?"
outraged

Paintsville, KY

#20 Oct 12, 2011
I think it's interesting that Wilma Zigmond refused to be on the news over this. Sounds to me like she knew something was wrong with the school system's response to bullying problems and didn't want to get embarrassed on public television.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies 6 hr Johnny rebel 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr mzrevenge 1,385
Frances Grimmett Thu bodean 1
Logan county girls Thu Morals checker 12
Joe Robinson (Jan '09) Thu Truth 9
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) Wed Princess Hey 13,480
12-13 baseball tournament Wed doc holiday 4

Man Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance