Since: Oct 10

Are upon you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Going to have too many players, need to get rid of some.
sherry

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

I agree they are young ....started four freshman Sat. but in a couple of years they should be pretty good...I will support them win or lose.
Hillbillie player

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Who 's # 10 he shoots like 30 to 35 shots a game. How's Harvey let that happen. He should avg. 40 pts a game the way that kid takes shots. Harvey let them other kids shot 2. Harvey getting soft with his old age. He wouldn't have let that happen when I played for him. Go goat pound
Hillbilly fan

Polk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

I attended the game last night and I actually thought #10 shouldve taken more shots. I was really impressed with his ability to lead the team, especially since he's so young, he plays like a senior. I saw him pass the ball off when he could've shot, and a lot of times they wouldn't catch it. Every player has a job seems like his is to score, the biggest problem I noticed last night is the guys who's job is to rebound wasn't getting the job done. Chapmanville out rebounded them 10 to 1. If I were coach, that's where I'd be makin changes.
onemadmama

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

I think it will take about a year but we will have an excellent team.
1 post removed
Hillbilly fan

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Hillbillie player wrote:
<quoted text>. He's a good ball handler and plays above his grade I agree.. Playing at a single a school. If his role is to score he is putting up anuff shots to avg 50 pts take good shots. Move without the ball and get open. 30 to 35 shots a game Is crazy. If he is a scorer he needs to learn how to score besides just throwing stuff up. You take # 10's 35 shots added 20 more from the team and the other teams 45 shots. That's a lot to rebound. If # 10 didn't shoot so much he could get some rebounds himself Rebound'rebound' rebound pass to #10 and watch him shoot. Harvey wouldn't have let that happen 20 yrs ago
It really discuses me when so called adults get in here and talk about children. If you played for Harvey 20 yrs ago I'm sure you know #10 and his parents. I attend many games and I can say this kid plays with a lot of heart and gives it 100% all of the time. Plays great defense and runs the offense well. These children are young and all are still learning the game. My God give the kid a break!!!!! I'm positive him or his parents are concerned with some loser that says he played for Harvey 20 yrs agos opinion, but you can pay a fee and find out who you are. I think I'll pass the word on to his parents. Although, I'm sure they won't be shocked when they find out who you are. To #10 keep playing hard and play yur game. I see improvement in every game you guys play. Future looks bright!!!!!!!!
reality sucks

Holden, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

truth is the current coaching staff at MHS has made losing acceptable its a shame that so many young athletes futures are being ruined by the culture of losing that has now become a way of life at this school. when this happens at any other level in sports coaches leave players stay. a lot of players at MHS, however choose not to play for these losers.
Alumni

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

The same as there football team,they have to worse group of kids in program history.
Alumni

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

The coaches cant go out there and play for them kids,they fold up and dont even try to rise up to the challange maybe if the put more effort in practice than worrie'n about there appearnce they could do better.
reality sucks

Holden, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

thats why its called coaching the game has evolved the coaching has not. Its takes motivation and keeping up with ever changing complex offenses and defenses, and knowledge of the same.
WHY

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

The Kids he has really play hard, They have NO one to coach them, Down by 28 with 3 Minutes to go and Man still has 5 time outs left? Must be a good paying job,Or somebody that just does not care about the Children?
janet

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Alumni wrote:
The same as there football team,they have to worse group of kids in program histoyry.
You obviously don't follow Man athletics too closely. If you did you would know the following about the "worst group of athletes" as you refer to them. They are in the Black Diamond Conferece which includes 8 teams. 7th grade champions in basketball - runner up in football and baseball. 8th grade champions in basketball and football - runner up in baseball. So as you should see, they had very impressive records by a group of very impressive athletes. This group of boys like to win and play with a lot of heart, and I know this group of freshmen will just get better and better. Don't understand why people choose to make ugly comments about kids, some 14 and 15 years old. No really I do know why such comments are made.
janet

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Hillbillie player wrote:
Who 's # 10 he shoots like 30 to 35 shots a game. How's Harvey let that happen. He should avg. 40 pts a game the way that kid takes shots. Harvey let them other kids shot 2. Harvey getting soft with his old age. He wouldn't have let that happen when I played for him. Go goat pound
#10, or John Thomas Keffer, however you want to refer to him, gets his share of rebounds from his guard position, as well as his share of assists and steals. These freshmen players play very well together as evidenced by 2 Black Diamond championships - 7th and 8th grade. And since we're making such mean comments - were you really a Hillbilly Player or just occupy a place on the floor? And, being the statistician that you are, what were yours? Or if you want to give your name, I'll check it out myself. Oh, by the way, just in case you have'nt figured it out, I am the proud grandmother of John Thomas Keffer and Mitchell Morris, Hillbilly players.
Alumni

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Its high school sports they aint playing bum teams like in middle school,keffer aint to bad in basketball but he is by far one of the worst qb man has had in football,he cant pass and to slow to run.
Alumni

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I have followed man sports ever since I could remember and I played for tootie,harvey,poston,football and basketball,the basketball players they have this year suck just like the qb on the football team.
janet

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Alumni wrote:
I have followed man sports ever since I could remember and I played for tootie,harvey,poston,football and basketball,the basketball players they have this year suck just like the qb on the football team.
And just how good were you? Apparently not too good or you would PROUDLY display your name. Then everyone could judge you as you so freely judge and be so critical of other athletes. And your comment about middle school makes no sense. That was the level at which they played at the time. They could have lost the games now could'nt they.
Alumni

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Janet you just to keep watching middle school games,your clueless about sports like I said befoire the coaches cant go out there and play for them and the players dont have no heart and they dont train in the off season there all ither skinny or flabby and think they can just show up when the season starts and wins are given to them,they get out played by teams that want it more.
janet

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Alumni wrote:
Janet you just to keep watching middle school games,your clueless about sports like I said befoire the coaches cant go out there and play for them and the players dont have no heart and they dont train in the off season there all ither skinny or flabby and think they can just show up when the season starts and wins are given to them,they get out played by teams that want it more.
Since I can't call you by name I'll just call you alumni. Alumni, again your comment makes no sense. I am not clueless about any sports, and have probably been to many more sporting events than you could imagine. You see, I happen to like sports and come from a family that shares my love of sports. Shoot I have more than likely even watched you play. My brothers played, my children played, and now my grandchildren. Thar's decades of sports on every level. So clueless I am not!!! I do agree that you must play with heart and a desire to win and that cannot be taught. As far as conditioning, I know a few that did work hard to get ready for football. Since we do have such young teams in football and basketball, I can certainly see them getting better. Let me just pass one other fact on to you. The only State Championship trophies at Man High School belongs to the girls, who I also had the privilege of supporting. And, oh yeah, I am still going to Jr. High games as well as high school games to watch my grandchildren. Bottom line, Alumni, I think it's really juvenile to sit behind your computer and actually single out particular athletes. But, on a brighter note, I hear many more complimentary comments than the opposite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Man Forum right now

Search the Man Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 54,392
Sexiest women from Man area? 1 hr Howeie 5
carry-out 1 hr shopper 1
Cliffs Mines 8 hr LTT 46
Lenard Hoosier 11 hr i seen lean 16
Foodland 11 hr Ryan 1
melanie duncan (Aug '13) 16 hr PieceMaker 63
•••
•••
•••
Man Dating

more search filters

less search filters