First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mad as hell

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2010
Is anybody else as mad as me about your government giving people on welfare a extra 250.00 CHECK to buy winter school clothes. This is in addition to the 200.00 voucher that they just got befor school started. Something is wrong with this picture. The people that work for minimun wages work our a** off paying taxes so they can get a check. They get more in a free check than we clear after taxes. They get huge amounts of food stamps that they use to buy soda and sell for 4.00 a case or sell the card for 50.00 cash for 100.00 worth of foodstamps.I work at a business that takes the card and you would not believe the balances on some of those cards.They buy anything they want and we the working person can hardly afford a loaf of bread. Medicaid card.Unbelievable medical coverage. They run to the doctor everytime they get a snotbugger up their nose,a ingrown tailnail,a gas pain or a turd crossways in their a**.All completely free. They call a ambulance to take them to the emergengy room to get pain pills. No charge.They get any kind of pill their little heart desires. They either dope them or sell them . They are suppose to pay 50cents per prescription but they can say I don't have it and they don't have to pay it. They get their electric bill paid several times a year free. Pays their phone bill ,cable bill and proably their internet bill also.They can get a cell phone with free minutes every month.They get milage back from when they go to the doctor. Some even got vouchers to get new furniture with.Some was for 2000.00. If they would happen to get a job welfare pays for a babysitter , pays to have their car fixed or if they don't have one they buy them one and they pay the insurance.We cant even afford to go to the doctor let alone pay for our medicine. And we can't get any help cause we work. They have babies addicted to drugs and they just give them away like it is nothing or the grandparents struggle to raise them. What is wrong with this picture. Is it just me cause I'm pissed and mad as hell over that 250.00 check or do you feel the same way.
2 posts removed
buffalo creek resident

Chapmanville, WV

#4 Sep 17, 2010
my kids didnt get the first 200.00 because my husband gets to much on unemployment..which is only 200.00 aweek i have 2 children.we get 800.00 a month and its to much for clothing assistants
mad as hell

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Sep 17, 2010
Shell wrote:
Well said!!! I get upset just thinking about it!! It's one thing to get help when needed but it's another thing for people to live off it! So if your disabled, god bless you but if your not and you are on asst. For 6mths or longer---get a job!!! Mcdonalds hires everyday!!! Sorry asses- that's the only words for them! I would love to be able to sit down and explain a paystub to those bums! I love it when someone says oh pride fixed my roof and I said where did they get the money and the lady said oh they have a fund--yeah a fund my ass it's called tax dollars. Gosh I could keep going on and on so yes this pisses me off to.
Sorry but I meant to put on the above post that some people really do need help sometimes and it's a blessing to be able to have some help when needed and I don't mean to offend anyone in this catogery who is ill and unable to work for some reason.They is for the ones who live off it and milk the system.
mad as hell

Prestonsburg, KY

#6 Sep 17, 2010
Shell wrote:
Well said!!! I get upset just thinking about it!! It's one thing to get help when needed but it's another thing for people to live off it! So if your disabled, god bless you but if your not and you are on asst. For 6mths or longer---get a job!!! Mcdonalds hires everyday!!! Sorry asses- that's the only words for them! I would love to be able to sit down and explain a paystub to those bums! I love it when someone says oh pride fixed my roof and I said where did they get the money and the lady said oh they have a fund--yeah a fund my ass it's called tax dollars. Gosh I could keep going on and on so yes this pisses me off to.
Sorry but I meant to say in the above topic that some people really need help sometimes. If they are ill or disabled or unable to work for some reason.I'm talking about the ones who live on welfare and know how to milk the system .
mad as hell

Prestonsburg, KY

#7 Sep 17, 2010
buffalo creek resident wrote:
my kids didnt get the first 200.00 because my husband gets to much on unemployment..which is only 200.00 aweek i have 2 children.we get 800.00 a month and its to much for clothing assistants
See what I mean. Your husband worked and now that he is out of a job they won't give you nothing to help you. Could you afford to pay 200.00 for each of your kids school clothes on unemployment? With a check and foodstamps with 2 kids you would get more than 200.00 a month.
mad as hell

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Sep 17, 2010
mad as hell wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean. Your husband worked and now that he is out of a job they won't give you nothing to help you. Could you afford to pay 200.00 for each of your kids school clothes on unemployment? With a check and foodstamps with 2 kids you would get more than 200.00 a month.
meant 800.00 a month
someone that cares

AOL

#9 Sep 17, 2010
I do not care what the gov. gives people for their kids as long as they spend it on good food and nice clothes for kids, because kids cannot help it if their parents do not work or have no money, I don't think any kid should have to do without decent clothes and decent food.
The-Man-Undergro unddotcom

San Antonio, TX

#10 Sep 18, 2010
I have always felt that Welfare should be a temporary assistance system. If a person needs help they have up to two years worth of assistance they can get, whether they use it all at once or in small spurts is up to them, but once its gone, its gone. If they still refuse to help themselves then they are out of luck. Of course, what about the kids, right? Put them in a foster system and force the parents to pay child support. Sounds easy except more than likely some of the lazy ones would rather sit in jail getting 3 free than work, then the system is paying even more for the total of supporting this family, the kids in foster care and the parents in jail. I feel it would be temporary though as these kids that are taken away would learn to work for a living rather than learn from the bad example they started with.
ohno

United States

#11 Sep 18, 2010
There is no use to get mad and cuss. This is just part of every day life. Sure it is not fair to working people but it will always be part of this world. So no use for you or me to get upset there is nothing ever going change it. Let it go and don't get yourself so upset. It is a shame young, strong, people can work and do milk the system bad but it will never change. I am so for the disabled, sick and people that really need it to recieve every cent they get or any type of assistance they need to rec it. That is who the assistance is for and they totally deserve it. All other's I am fully against. Yet, no use throwing a fit over it because things proble will never change.
jimm

Hansford, WV

#12 Sep 18, 2010
the bleach blonde from cyclone is mad she only gets extra money from guys that wont date her
hope

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Sep 18, 2010
someone that cares wrote:
I do not care what the gov. gives people for their kids as long as they spend it on good food and nice clothes for kids, because kids cannot help it if their parents do not work or have no money, I don't think any kid should have to do without decent clothes and decent food.
yes, i agree "FOR THE CHILDREN" but most of these people that receive this stuff does not use it for "THE CHILDREN" that is sad to say but it is true,, and i think this person along with the rest of the world knows this to be true of how they spend the money/food stamps. is mostly on drugs or trade it for something that they don't need when the children is sitting home starving to death or freezing because they didn't get the clothes they were suppose to get.. i myself has even given clothes to people that i know, for their kids because mine out grew them and some of them were like new. and they have went and sold them in yard sales to get them drugs i have even gave them bicycles that my child out grew and believe me it was like new.. and guess what they sold it in a yard sale.. needless to say i don't give stuff like that away anymore.. and these people getting this stuff from the system. don't appreciate it at all.. the more they get the more they want or expect to get! me and my husband both work everyday and can't afford new furniture and God knows we need it! but look at all of these people that are going to get free furniture with our tax dollars.. this world is getting ridiculous, the welfare, and rich people are having it made while us middle class people are working our asses off to give it to them!!
oh please

Nitro, WV

#14 Sep 18, 2010
I think it is ridiculous that the welfare system pays for a cell phone that it taking it a bit too far. We have worked hard for everything that we have and have brought our children up with a good work ethic. I know of GENERATIONS of families that grow up "on welfare" it is the only way of life that they know because no one in their family has worked and they think it the only way of living. The people I know that fall into this category don"t use the system to better themselves such as going to college or learning a vocation so they can support themselves but if there is any type of benefit that welfare has out you can bet your last (HARD EARNED) dollar that they know about it and use every trick in the book(Honest and dishonest) to receive these benefits. I am not putting ALL welfare recipients in this category but I guarantee that anyone reading this knows somebody that really misuses the welfare system. Thank you!
oh please

Charleston, WV

#15 Sep 18, 2010
Alot of these families have grandparents, their adult children that have children and then they have children that have children making it 4 generations under 1 roof and passing all their knowledge down from 1 generation to the next. Family members all the time moving in and out so they can get even more out of the welfare system by going out on their own just long enuff to get all they can get.Then they move right back in within 1 or 2 months. I have also observed a lot of moving out of state for short periods of time then moving right back.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16 Sep 18, 2010
i say if you can milk the system, milk it for all its worth! congrats to all those who put forth the effort and fill out all the damn paper work. that is probably just as hard as the SATs for some of em. so, good for the tards and fat bastards that put down the twinkies and ho hos long enough to find all the loopholes! so have lots of unprotected sex and have more little tardlets that everyone else gets to pay for! yay for you. oh yeah and when your little tardlets turn 14 they can have little tardlets of their own and so on and so forth!!!! ho-ray for welfare!
DooDee

Holden, WV

#17 Sep 18, 2010
boots with the fur wrote:
i say if you can milk the system, milk it for all its worth! congrats to all those who put forth the effort and fill out all the damn paper work. that is probably just as hard as the SATs for some of em. so, good for the tards and fat bastards that put down the twinkies and ho hos long enough to find all the loopholes! so have lots of unprotected sex and have more little tardlets that everyone else gets to pay for! yay for you. oh yeah and when your little tardlets turn 14 they can have little tardlets of their own and so on and so forth!!!! ho-ray for welfare!
Does the fur make the boots more comfortable when their up your AS*
Susie Fay

Atlantic City, NJ

#18 Sep 18, 2010
mad as hell wrote:
Is anybody else as mad as me about your government giving people on welfare a extra 250.00 CHECK to buy winter school clothes. This is in addition to the 200.00 voucher that they just got befor school started. Something is wrong with this picture. The people that work for minimun wages work our a** off paying taxes so they can get a check. They get more in a free check than we clear after taxes. They get huge amounts of food stamps that they use to buy soda and sell for 4.00 a case or sell the card for 50.00 cash for 100.00 worth of foodstamps.I work at a business that takes the card and you would not believe the balances on some of those cards.They buy anything they want and we the working person can hardly afford a loaf of bread. Medicaid card.Unbelievable medical coverage. They run to the doctor everytime they get a snotbugger up their nose,a ingrown tailnail,a gas pain or a turd crossways in their a**.All completely free. They call a ambulance to take them to the emergengy room to get pain pills. No charge.They get any kind of pill their little heart desires. They either dope them or sell them . They are suppose to pay 50cents per prescription but they can say I don't have it and they don't have to pay it. They get their electric bill paid several times a year free. Pays their phone bill ,cable bill and proably their internet bill also.They can get a cell phone with free minutes every month.They get milage back from when they go to the doctor. Some even got vouchers to get new furniture with.Some was for 2000.00. If they would happen to get a job welfare pays for a babysitter , pays to have their car fixed or if they don't have one they buy them one and they pay the insurance.We cant even afford to go to the doctor let alone pay for our medicine. And we can't get any help cause we work. They have babies addicted to drugs and they just give them away like it is nothing or the grandparents struggle to raise them. What is wrong with this picture. Is it just me cause I'm pissed and mad as hell over that 250.00 check or do you feel the same way.
I am glad for welfare. It has helped me keep my house and make it better. I got the extra $250.00 for each one of my 5 kids. Without welfare I could not feed my kids and they also get free lunch at school. So don't pick on the welfare system cause it makes my life so much easier. I don't have to work and I can stay home with my five kids and I think I'm going to have another one. I'm hoping my SSI comes through and I will never have to worry about clothes or a new car. Life is good, thanks to welfare and SSI.
1 post removed
yeah

Prestonsburg, KY

#20 Sep 19, 2010
Susie Fay wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad for welfare. It has helped me keep my house and make it better. I got the extra $250.00 for each one of my 5 kids. Without welfare I could not feed my kids and they also get free lunch at school. So don't pick on the welfare system cause it makes my life so much easier. I don't have to work and I can stay home with my five kids and I think I'm going to have another one. I'm hoping my SSI comes through and I will never have to worry about clothes or a new car. Life is good, thanks to welfare and SSI.
people like you is the reason people like me and my husband has to work harder... i am glad you are doing so well on our tax money. at least somebody can have a good life sitting on their ass.. i am just glad that you spend it on your kids ( well at least that is what you say you do). and i hope you buy you some great furniture with that furniture voucher, BTW, value city furniture is having a great sale going on right now.in Charleston, yeah i went and looked but because me and my husband work everyday to give you the good life we can't afford it all we can do is window shop and look at wish books.
furious

Holden, WV

#21 Sep 19, 2010
Susie Fay wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad for welfare. It has helped me keep my house and make it better. I got the extra $250.00 for each one of my 5 kids. Without welfare I could not feed my kids and they also get free lunch at school. So don't pick on the welfare system cause it makes my life so much easier. I don't have to work and I can stay home with my five kids and I think I'm going to have another one. I'm hoping my SSI comes through and I will never have to worry about clothes or a new car. Life is good, thanks to welfare and SSI.
Evidently you are able to work if you can sit and spread your legs to have all those children. Did you not say you had one on the way too? I think the girls that have two children should be made to have their tubes tied or have some sort of surgery or they will not be eligible for any assistance from the welfare system. All these children did not ask to be born but the parent should show them that you should not live on welfare, you need to try and get a job and make something for yourself in life. I have worked with the public for over thirty years and I have known people that have been on the welfare system and their children are now grown and following in their parents foot steps. They are all on welfare and that is the only way of life they know. What happened to the system where they were only going to be allowed to have assistance for so long and then they were going to cut them off? I have seen people use other peoples food stamp cards and they have even gave the person cash for letting them use it. As far as the medical card goes, people go to the doctor too much for nothing. If they had to pay for it they would not go all the time.
my two cents worth

Holden, WV

#22 Sep 19, 2010
mad as hell wrote:
Is anybody else as mad as me about your government giving people on welfare a extra 250.00 CHECK to buy winter school clothes. This is in addition to the 200.00 voucher that they just got befor school started. Something is wrong with this picture. The people that work for minimun wages work our a** off paying taxes so they can get a check. They get more in a free check than we clear after taxes. They get huge amounts of food stamps that they use to buy soda and sell for 4.00 a case or sell the card for 50.00 cash for 100.00 worth of foodstamps.I work at a business that takes the card and you would not believe the balances on some of those cards.They buy anything they want and we the working person can hardly afford a loaf of bread. Medicaid card.Unbelievable medical coverage. They run to the doctor everytime they get a snotbugger up their nose,a ingrown tailnail,a gas pain or a turd crossways in their a**.All completely free. They call a ambulance to take them to the emergengy room to get pain pills. No charge.They get any kind of pill their little heart desires. They either dope them or sell them . They are suppose to pay 50cents per prescription but they can say I don't have it and they don't have to pay it. They get their electric bill paid several times a year free. Pays their phone bill ,cable bill and proably their internet bill also.They can get a cell phone with free minutes every month.They get milage back from when they go to the doctor. Some even got vouchers to get new furniture with.Some was for 2000.00. If they would happen to get a job welfare pays for a babysitter , pays to have their car fixed or if they don't have one they buy them one and they pay the insurance.We cant even afford to go to the doctor let alone pay for our medicine. And we can't get any help cause we work. They have babies addicted to drugs and they just give them away like it is nothing or the grandparents struggle to raise them. What is wrong with this picture. Is it just me cause I'm pissed and mad as hell over that 250.00 check or do you feel the same way.
me and my daughter were talking and we might just quit our jobs so that we can get all this and the children and grandchildren can get the niki shocks shoes they want and all the pleasures of living they seem to get if they are on welfare. And we won't have to worry about paying our $300 power bill this month or worry if the children are going to have food or light and heat for this winter, not to mention clothing. The working people need to stop working and let the welfare people see their checks and benefits stop, because the working people are really the ones supporting them, not the government. It is our tax dollars that give all this to them. The government does not know how to run the agencies and this goes to show that it is better to NOT WORK and make something of your life anymore. You get everything if you are on WELFARE.
oh please

Barboursville, WV

#23 Sep 19, 2010
the other things that p!ss me off is that working class people that own or are buying their homes, have a decent car and are basically making it but could use some help also. We make too much for our children to be eligible for financial aid to attend college but if any of them had children and were single parents that would change. Being irresponsible and having children pays off in this aspect. Also when you go to the Doctor because you WORK and have a decent income makes you ineligible for sliding fee or other medical discounts. We have a large deductible on our insurance and have to pay that first before it pays anything. I don't always have 2 or 3 hundred dollars to pay out all at once. When the electric bill shoots up we keep our thermostat set at 68 and ain't nobody better touch it. we also wear warmer clothing inside the house. I AM grateful that I don't have to depend on the welfare program to make it but as working people we would also like to get a few breaks in life also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy w 2 hr Big Al 5
Cheerleaders 2 hr Debbie Does Dallas 3
First Post Wins !!! (Apr '10) 8 hr Princess Hey 21
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 10 hr what? 4,307
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) Tue Princess Hey 13,940
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) Dec 11 Princess Hey 15,219
One Word Game (Feb '10) Dec 11 Princess Hey 12,689

Man Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Man Mortgages