Are you inbred?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
herd it

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2010
Herd mountain men are inbred.
Listen To This

Peach Creek, WV

#2 Jan 3, 2010
Well, now, I'll reckon hit depends on which ridge your a' runnin' on. Too an' agin', ifen mountain men are inbred, wutten' hit be safe ta' say thet some mountain wimmen' could, say, be inbred, too? More on that subjict, ain't they inbred folk all over the great big ol' world, an' hit ain't ecksclusively an hillbilly thang? Why, law help! I'm hillbilly an' proud uv hit! I wutten wanna be nuffin' else at all--but a happy hillbilly--like I am. Ditten' you all know that old West by golly Virginia motto, thet mountain men are always free?
Yeah, hit oughta be right on the state flag, ifen I ain't misstaken about hit. Check hit out fer yerselfs an' see, ifen' you all don't believe me--that our state motto sez that mountain men are always free. My, my, my, but we shore are a lucky bunch to be mountain men and wimmen. I thaink my God fer my hillbilly herritege. No jokin' bout' hit!
Keyboard Commando

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2010
Why yes I am.
yes um

Logan, WV

#4 Jan 3, 2010
herd it wrote:
Herd mountain men are inbred.
we,s all brothers and sisters,
bradspit

Barberton, OH

#5 Jan 3, 2010
my sister feels good and so does yours.
Richard Cranium

San Mateo, CA

#6 Jan 3, 2010
I'm not inbred but my kids are.
demon devil

Charleston, WV

#7 Jan 4, 2010
Listen To This wrote:
Well, now, I'll reckon hit depends on which ridge your a' runnin' on. Too an' agin', ifen mountain men are inbred, wutten' hit be safe ta' say thet some mountain wimmen' could, say, be inbred, too? More on that subjict, ain't they inbred folk all over the great big ol' world, an' hit ain't ecksclusively an hillbilly thang? Why, law help! I'm hillbilly an' proud uv hit! I wutten wanna be nuffin' else at all--but a happy hillbilly--like I am. Ditten' you all know that old West by golly Virginia motto, thet mountain men are always free?
Yeah, hit oughta be right on the state flag, ifen I ain't misstaken about hit. Check hit out fer yerselfs an' see, ifen' you all don't believe me--that our state motto sez that mountain men are always free. My, my, my, but we shore are a lucky bunch to be mountain men and wimmen. I thaink my God fer my hillbilly herritege. No jokin' bout' hit!
you are pathetic for even joking about this. No wonder outsiders think we're so stupid.
Listen To This

Peach Creek, WV

#8 Jan 4, 2010
demon devil wrote:
<quoted text> you are pathetic for even joking about this. No wonder outsiders think we're so stupid.
LOL! Why so serious? Why not have a little fun and be proud to be a hillbilly? Who cares about what other people think?
1 post removed
Ronnie

Charleston, WV

#10 Jan 4, 2010
demon devil wrote:
<quoted text> you are pathetic for even joking about this. No wonder outsiders think we're so stupid.
you shut your f*cking mouth, thats my cousin..
Listen To This

Peach Creek, WV

#11 Jan 4, 2010
Ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>
you shut your f*cking mouth, thats my cousin..
Howdee cuzzin!! How are ye a doin'?
Ronnie

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 4, 2010
Listen To This wrote:
<quoted text>Howdee cuzzin!! How are ye a doin'?
Doin, just fine how's that sister of yours? Tell her I said Hi.
Listen To This

Peach Creek, WV

#13 Jan 4, 2010
Ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Doin, just fine how's that sister of yours? Tell her I said Hi.
Purdy good, an' all the kinfolk here sez howdy!
crapedmypants

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2010
Listen To This

Peach Creek, WV

#15 Jan 5, 2010
crapedmypants wrote:
http://www.abetterwestvirginia .com/
Well, I checked it out pretty well. Nothing wrong with being proud of our state and smart people. I think a great majority of us are smart people, though. Probably from the beginning of it's settlement, people have had an argument with and looked down on WV and it's people. Can't help that! I can just be me and have fun being me!
Mountainese is a true language, not as used as it once was. That's because people are getting more education and more "told not to speak mountainese." There's even books about the old type of language. It comes from Elizabethen English, and from people from Europe who used that language who settled here a few centuries ago. They came here to be "shut out from the rest of the world," so to speak, because they were different then, and their descendents are still different. Holler slang is somewhat more pure of a hillbilly language, although I have heard some of it that I've not heard any place else. I am very proud to be a WVian, a hillbilly, and myself. I don't have to be offended about what people says about my choice of language, my use of it, and my way of life if I don't want to. Those who intend to "improve WV" and "clean the hillbilly off" don't impress me. I am who I am, just as my Grandparents and Great Grandparents were. My children also love the hillbilly way. Hillbilly is not a drunken problem, either. It's an issue about just being one's self. It's about embracing the mountains and the heritage of the mountains and letting the mountains and the heritage of the mountains embrace them--to me.
I'd say those people who seek to change the image of the mountain people are those most uncomfortable with that image. I am not ashamed to be a hillbilly. If a man calls me a hillbilly, I'll look at him, smile, and say, "Thank you, sir. What a great honor it is to be a hillbilly!" It means a great deal of things to me. You see, I know first hand about the "roots" of the society of the mtns., considering that my people have been coalminers, fought in wars, lived in hollers, lived on ridges, lived in coal camps, and had a great many a stories to tell about it that, well, has helped to form what and who I am right now. I am a product of my ancestors. I am not ashamed of them.
I'd say, speaking of WVians on the internet, and the newsman putting WVians down, that he must go on some of those topix's where people who are not ashamed of being a hillbilly talk, and he doesn't like what they say. So, perhaps he's trying to get back at them. I don't know--but it makes sense to me. I don't apologize to him for my being me--nor should any other individual who is proud of WV--or proud of being a hillbilly. One can always use this little motto of mine: West Virginian by birht, hillbllly by choice! Hillbilly and proud of it!" If people understand that they can't get to you by putting you down, they'll eventually stop!
thanks

Wexford, PA

#16 Jan 5, 2010
Well said "listen to this" I too am very proud of my "hillbilly' heritage. I'll always be a hillbilly at heart.
Listen To This

Peach Creek, WV

#17 Jan 5, 2010
Thank you, thanks!
Keyboard Commando

UK

#18 Jan 5, 2010
Weeel looky heer you dum ass redneks. Why Im so sick of heerin bout yalls dumasses. Why dontcha all go find your sisters an cuzins an have yo selfs a reel good time layin the pipe?
DAGWOOD

Logan, WV

#19 Jan 5, 2010
i just fixed my sisters pipes , goddammit are they busted again ?? ill be back later i gotta go check on them , thanks kc
Keyboard Commando

UK

#20 Jan 6, 2010
DAGWOOD wrote:
i just fixed my sisters pipes , goddammit are they busted again ?? ill be back later i gotta go check on them , thanks kc
try reamin them out the next time, that should keep them flowing pretty good. If you need help, I will lay some pipe for her too.
Just Sayin

Point Pleasant, WV

#21 Jan 26, 2010
Perhaps the gene pool needs a bit of Chlorine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 11 hr Caring 4,303
Carah Saserta 17 hr I Am Going to Bla... 1
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) Tue Princess Hey 15,216
south man elite Nov 19 Chum 4
Jeremy w Nov 18 Donke Cod 2
prostitutes and coal miners Nov 18 Dook Spook 2
c&l Nov 18 GirlThatWorksThere 5

Man Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Man Mortgages